Start by marking “Besiege (DISARM, #2)” as Want to Read:
Besiege (DISARM,  #2)

Besiege

(Disarm #2)

The continuing saga of Elsie and Henry…

Elsie has waited six long months for Henry to return from his deployment to Afghanistan. But she learns that, sometimes, the person who leaves for war is rarely the same one who comes home…
Nook, Nook
Published November 11th 2012 by June Gray (first published November 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Besiege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Besiege

Start your review of Besiege (DISARM, #2)
Jill
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Though not quite as romantic as book 1, the love scenes are a little hotter in this second book. The characterisation of a man returning from war is written believably with a deft hand. And I'm again completely taken with author June Gray's ability to contain so much in such a short word count.

It was moving to see a military man trying to get a handle on his emotional and psychological state. So, not quite as enjoyably romantic or as humorous and sweet as the first book, but it's understandable
Kristen
4 stars

Besiege is the second installment in Henry and Elsie's captivating, intriguing, and passionate story. I adore these two endearing and vibrant characters. I look forward to the next novella, which is due to be released in December.
KatLynne
Besiege is the second installment in June Gray's Disarm series. Sexy, Air Force officer Henry Logan has been deployed to Afghanistan for a six-month stint. Elsie is left home, suffering the emotional turmoil of worry and loneliness.

The author did a great job touching on a few of the emotions involved with a deployment. As so often happens, Henry returns a changed man. This was a more serious read than the first installment, and just as good.

Another quick, smokin' hot read that I devoured!

I'm e
~ Becs ~
I’m with you because loving you comes naturally to me, like breathing in air.

Oh Henry – you’re breaking my heart!

Elsie and Henry are reunited are six long months of separation. At first their reunion is passionate and all-consuming but it soon becomes apparent that Henry has left a part of himself in Afghanistan.

He’s lost that easy-going personality that Elsie fell in love with and has replaced it with volatile anger. Elsie clings on to the past, constantly rereading his letters to remind hersel
Wendy
A continuation story of Henry and Elsie, and gives you a more in depth look at their personality and what makes them tick. Which makes me love these characters even more. Loved it!
Piper McLean
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
So correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a series of novellas? I'm not understanding why this isn't just one book?

I am quite liking this series though. Henry is definitely making the list of best boyfriends. I feel like I was just done reading about him before I even started.

Great novella, but Jesus there was like 13 words in this book. I've written longer reviews on this site for god sake.

Novella three, let's go!
Dina
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
4 stars!

Much better than the first one! I can't wait to see what happens next :D
MsRomanticReads
This review can also be found on my blog.

The second story had me tearing up, a lot. I’d made me remember my own time being left behind while my husband deployed for a year tour. Like Elsie, I also learned quickly about doing things on my own and becoming more independent. When Henry finally makes it back, he seems different – more intense, easily angered, and more possessive. A misunderstanding leads him down a destructive path with both his career and his relationship with Elsie. The only way h
Judi

Henry’s back. And he’s changed. But he’s not the only one. Elsie’s matured while Henry’s been deployed and discovered that she can take care of herself. Something she really hasn’t had to deal with in her life.

The path to their happiness is experiencing a few bumps along the way. These two have some work to do on the road to their HEA. Which means I’m going to have to read the next one if I want to find out what happens. One-click.
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
Oh god why is this happening again... These short little drama filled stories that capture my attention and leave me hanging. I'm absolutely sold on this story and totally afraid that Henry had some major issues that are messing with their relationship.

What's gonna happen now? Can they just be happy for a while... Just for a moment,
Tracie Redmond
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved it!!!!I fell in love with Henry in book one but even in this book he captures me. I cant wait for book three just really want my happy ending don't think I could handle any more tears if there isn't. lol ...more
M.A. Stacie
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another solid four stars. I liked seeing Elsie and Henry after the six months. It felt very real and very raw.

Normally, I'd want these novellas brought together but for these the quick bursts work well. And even though the books are short the characters are still full and whole.
...
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, erotica
Another super short novelette. This definitely pulled at the heart-strings more than the first one, but I found myself frustrated at the lack of character/plot progression. I can't believe I'm saying this, but there was too much sex and not enough outside-the-bedroom interaction. ...more
Hbeebti
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Henry. Just loving this series.
Lisa
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate to say it but I'm having a hard time caring about Henry at this point and have a feeling his behavior towards Elsie is only going to get worse before their journey ends. ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Disarm: The Complete Novel Disarm: The Complete Novel by June Gray

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Overall 2.5 - 3 stars

Disarm was originally written into six parts, so I will break out my review into six parts. Overall, I am rating the book 3 stars-ish.

Book 1 – Disarm

I liked the beginning. Henry is Elsie’s brother’s best friend, Jason. All three grew up together. Henry and Jason are in the military. Jason dies overseas. Overcome with major distraught, Henry and Elsie grow closer and move in together.

It’s a sad beginning, but I
Virginia Purata Loredo
So far so good! Love the fact that they are including everything that comes with going overseas
Amy Jacobs
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Besiege is the second novelette in the Disarm series by June Gray.

In Besiege, we pick up where we left off in the last book. Henry has just been deployed to Afghanistan and Elsie is left with being alone for six months. After finally admitting their feelings for each other in the last book, this proves to be a real test to their relationship.

Elsie learns through another military wife, small things to help in the pain of being left behind at home. She forms a friendship with this other woman and
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Jun 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
The Cover: Cover is ok but nothing special!
The Characters: Elsie is cute, funny and awkward. The girl next door type. Henry is hot and sensitive, strong and sweet.
The Story Line: The story line is the same as the rest yet different - I like it.
The Ending: It ties into the next book...

...A quick read. It was interesting and shed some insight into a few things, at the same time causing more questions.
I would love to know more about Henry's childhood.
This book was ok - nothing special and c
Patty
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ibooks
I can't decided if I should give this 3.5 or 4 stars. Hmm...

Besiege is the second novella in the DISARM series by June Gray. It picks up right where Disarm left off, although slow Gray covers how Elsie’s life is without Henry. I was a little worried on how Gray would keep this story, I honestly figured that while Henry was gone this story would flat with correspondence back and forth between the two, but I was wrong. She throws in a twist with David (not much of a twist) and when Henry comes bac
Adriana
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Henry Logan resisted a long damn time to be with Elsie Sherman, but after she played the vixen a week before his deployment he couldn't do it anymore. Elsie couldn't believe when Henry told her he loved her. She had had feelings for him for so long that being together seemed too good to be true. Then he left. Six long months of torture passed and a different man came back from Afghanistan. Trying to reconcile the man she fell for, with the man that return from war becomes a tricky endeavor in th ...more
Cathy M.
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2012
Beseige continues where we left off in Disarm, with Henry stationed in Afghanistan, and Eloise trying to make it on her own for the first time in her life. The months apart are challenging, but nothing compared to the difficulty readjusting when Henry returns from his six-month deployment. I enjoyed the further development of the characters, and the steam factor is considerably raised. Really enjoyable novella, and looking forward to reading the next installment!
Awilk -never sleeps-
The continuation of Henry and Elsie's story from Disarm. This short story tells of the problems this re-united couple face. Henry isn't dealing with being back home well, and Elsie doesn't know how to help. This very real problem that our returned military personnel face was handled intelligently and with care.

Besiege was a wonderful continuation of this story.
Irene
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this series last and I couldn't put them down until I had read them all.
In this book we see how Elsie handles life while Henry is deployed in Afghanistan and then how they both try to go back to the relationship they had before he left.
I'm enjoying June Gray's words, I like her writing style.
These books are short novella's but you don't feel cheated as you do get a beginning and an ending.
4 stars
Tamara
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
review for book 1 - 6

This series was overall good, enjoyable and nice to read.

Although i gave them all 3 stars, there wasn't really anything that caught my breath or made me feel excited, thrilled, angry, sad or happy.

I liked them, but it didnt thrill me in some way that so i could give them more than 3.

I kept reading but without any emotions, guess it's just the curiousity in me that kept me wanting to find out what happens next.
Tonya
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Henry's back.....but not quite. This part was really well written as both Elsie and Henry struggle to adjust with their time apart and his subsequent return from deployment. (view spoiler)

Suzanne
Note: Review for whole series.
Very simple short book with a sad but cute story.
Some sex scenes that were a bit too descriptive in the crude sense for me but then again, they were realistic.
Very short but they are only 99c each on Barnes and Noble, so in the end it is just like buying a $5 book.
The end came a bit too fast for my liking - I would have preferred to view their lives together a bit more after they got through all the issues.
Cecily Kyle
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kizzie Edie
I agree this one wasn't as romantic as the first book. But more about dealing with issues that couples may face. I think it was smart of Henry to seek out help. I understand he wanted to talk to someone familiar with him, but it may be hard for Elsie because it's so far away. It might of been nice if he could of found a psychiatrist closer to home. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ladies Man (Manwhore, #3)
  • Sheltered by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #2; Inheritance, #12)
  • Justice for the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force #5)
  • Wicked Designs (The League of Rogues, #1)
  • Married to the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #4)
  • Harbored by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #3)
  • Stranded with the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #1)
  • El mar aéreo
  • Rock Hard (His to Claim, #3)
  • Savage Kiss (His to Claim, #2)
  • No Strings (His to Claim, #1)
  • Insatiable
  • La ciudad de vapor
  • In a Holidaze
  • Splendid (The Splendid Trilogy, #1)
  • Ciega a citas
  • Breathing Room
  • Bad Brother: Part 1
I am a writer who likes to titillate and enrage, who revels in breaking the reader's heart and putting it back together again.

Disarm (8 books)
  • Disarm (DISARM, #1)
  • Retreat (DISARM, #3)
  • The Henry Sessions (DISARM, #4)
  • Engage (DISARM, #5)