Start by marking “Princeless, Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself” as Want to Read:
Princeless, Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself

Princeless, Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself

(Princeless (Collected Editions) #2)

A new collection of the adventures of everyone's favorite runaway princess, the incomparable Adrienne. This time she's out to rescue her older sister Angelica, the most beautiful princess in the world. It won't be easy though. Not only does Adrienne have to deal with Angelica's legions of admirers and their sibling rivalry, but the King has hired a band of ruthless mercena

Published June 26th 2013 by Action Lab Entertainment Inc

Erica
I have to say, I'm a little ensaddned by this volume.
I thought that the writing would be better by now. It's not. It might actually be getting worse.

Like with the first compilation, this is perfect for its intended audience. Kids are going to eat this up! And that is awesome! However, it's always my hope that when a reader reads something, little lessons are planted in the brain. How to write well will not be one of those little lessons in this case and that makes me sad.
Example: Right off the b
Sesana
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, fantasy
Still just as much fun as the first volume, if a bit less pointed in its commentary. Adrienne is starting to get the hang of this adventuring thing, and heads off to rescue older sister Angelica. Her plans go awry when she finds that Angelica doesn't want to be rescued at all.

Angelica herself is a poke at the Fairest of them All princess. She's so beautiful that it's all she does, and she's happy with that. Somewhat surprisingly, she isn't all that bad. When she gets to tell her own story, it be
Jessica
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so sad when this volume ended...this collection was awesome! It's empowering to see as a POC that if you want to be

1) Heroic (battle-ready) Princess
2) Gothic-Emo Princess
3) Cute Princess
4) Beautiful Muse---just-stand-there-and-look-good Princess
5) Can't remember the other sister portrayals.

It doesn't matter:

allloves

You can be not only any type of princess you chose, but any type of label classification you want to be... I like the talk about 'looking nice' whether its for yourself, or the poet
Christine
So much going on in this second volume. The deluxe edition includes short stories. Princess Adrienne, Sparky, and Bedelia are off to rescue Angelica, the most beautiful princess.

Honesty, I want give this five stars because some one takes off their heels before running. Love that touch.

There are wonderful comments about poetry and writing. This is a really enjoyable series.
Wendy
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Self-rescuing princess Adrienne continues her adventures with companions Bedelia, the half dwarf blacksmith and Sparky the dragon. Unable to rescue her youngest sister, Adrienne goes after the beautiful Angelica instead, only to find that Angelica may not want to be rescued. Meanwhile, their father has found the most deadly and unique bounty hunters in the land and tasks them with finding the knight whom he believes killed Adrienne.

As promised in our interview, this volume of Princeless is less
Raina
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Super fun second volume of the Princeless tales. This one involves "rescuing" the Aphrodite-like "beautiful" sister of our fair protagonist. A cool new monster, some witty repartee, and an interesting subplot in the woods make this a breezy, fun read.

I appreciate the intentional nature of this series - Whitley's playing with gender norms in classic fairytales and bringing feminism and people of color front and center.

I do wish (all of) the characters weren't so traditionally hot, though. When y
Greyson Richter | Use Your Words
Princeless Series Ratings:
Princeless, Vol. 1: ★★★★★
Princeless, Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself: ★★★★★
Princeless, Vol. 3: The Pirate Princess: TBR
Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself: TBR
Princeless, Vol. 5: Make Yourself: TBR
Princeless, Vol. 6: Make Yourself Part 2: TBR

The first one was soooo good! And this one did not disappoint! I'm so excited to continue!

I read this book as part of my 2018 Library Love binge, where I read as many library books as possible to take advantage of my great local library
E.
Go, you kickass girls!!
I liked how this volume showed that while we have those girls who will knock you off in the main team, a woman does not have to be a fighter type to be a 'strong character'. There are many ways to be strong and having more interests and qualities that are considered to be 'feminine' does not make a character weak. Angelica still had flaws, of course, but even after her character development, she decided to improve her life while staying true to herself.

___________________
Colleen Earle
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
a good continuation of the story
Ended on a cliffhanger
Excited to see where it goes next
Penny Ramirez
This is such a fun series. I'm enjoying the "let's turn everything you believe about fairy tales upside down" foundation. The art is colorful and fun. The princesses are not what you'd expect. And now there's a secret and a mystery!

On to book 3!
Anne
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I was recently made aware of the importance of getting enough of me-time. For me, reading has always been one of the best ways for that. Book blogging, however, has been shifting more and more towards free time and often even feels like work time (in a good way, though, don't get me wrong). Reading this book with a cup of tea and a nice piece of Portland's infamous Almond&Salt chocolate truly felt like solid me-time again; huzzah!

We pick up where Volume one left off: on the quest of rescuing
Kathleen
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like you probably have, I saw a lot of buzz about Princeless on Tumblr wandering around-- mostly not ads, mostly comic panels and the basic idea being praised, so when I saw it at my local library, I pounced and read through the entire thing in one day.

That's not actually much of an achievement, I want to say. Princeless is pretty short, even in volume format, though each volume is a contained arc within story (which I appreciated). Volume 1 follows our heroine, Adrienne, as she embarks on her q
Elizabeth A
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphix, 2016, kids-ya
This second volume finds the runaway Princess Adrienne and her sidekicks on a mission to save the most beautiful princess in the world, who also happens to be Adrienne's older sister. Meanwhile Daddy (the King) has hired a band of mercenaries. High jinx ensue.

This continues to be a fun graphic novel series for middle grade readers, but it is clear that there was a bigger budget for this volume. I continue to enjoy this series, but this installment was less pointed than the first one, and what's
April
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. I'm definitely loving this storyline, the characters, and the artwork. In this volume, Adrienne is off to save her "loveliest" sister Angelica and meets the first of a set of mercenaries her father has sent after her to avenge her own murder. It also looks like the Queen, her mother, was attacked (there are hints this is not the case and I definitely have my fun theories!) I can't recommend this feisty self-made-knight princess and her hammer-wielding blacksmith sidekick enough. It's ...more
Kaethe Douglas
Teenaged girls with swords battling sexist and racist tropes of fantasy! w00t!

Adrienne is off with Bedelia and Sparky to rescue her sister Angelica, the most beautiful princess-in-a-tower in the land. Meanwhile her father, King Ashe, has summoned the greatest hunters/princes/adventurers to track down the monster responsible for Adrienne's supposed death.

Fun stuff, highly recommended to young comic book enthusiasts in particular.

Library copy
Ashley
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Continues to be good. Even though parts of the series come across as obvious moralising over gendered expectations, I liked that the "beauty is everything" sister wasn't cast as someone completely useless. Sometimes when a female character takes on male characteristics to be empowered, it can fall into some misogynist traps. I like that this series does not do that.
Cindy
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm glad this has more of a plot -- the characters are really coming together -- and I'm looking forward to learn more about the mom. I'm a bit disappointed that the artist switched and wish they could find someone who can do black girl hair.
Selena
Have I mentioned how much I love this series?

I did in the review for the last volume?

Well, that all still stands.

Absolutely love this. Yay turning tropes on their heads.

Jasmine
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as strong as the first, but still good. I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE OTHER SISTERS.
Crystal
Very fun! There are many opportunities for laughter as she sorts out how to rescue herself and her sisters.
Molly
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it as much as the first!
Kendra
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just want to love EVERYONE the best.
Renata
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
SO fun! And I love that Angelica was taken seriously by the narrative itself, if not exactly by her sister.
P.
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
finally got to read one of these! I want to put it in the hands of many tweens/teens right now.
Jenna
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this one so much more than the first. I connected a lot more with the characters and am intrigued by the storyline.

I love how strong the female characters are. I loved that about the last volume too. I think both the Mc and her companion are amazing. The side characters have been great as well and I hope a few of them will play more of a part in the next few volumes.

I love the artwork in this. It's done so well and it's use of colors is amazing.

I have requested the next few volumes as w
Nina
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes. Love the exaggerated themes, ha. Can't wait to meet all the sisters and see their personalities. I can tell it's going to be fun! Also, I just really love Adrienne and Bedelia. Also, Adrienne's brother. And I'm excited to see what Mom is up to!
Shelby M. (Read and Find Out)
This just wasn't as good as the first volume... It seemed a lot less purposeful and a lot more silly.
Therese Sedin
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, fantasy
Love this comic!
Abbie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much fun! Highly recommend this series particularly for younger ones.
Laura (bbliophile)
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I don't like this series as much as I thought I would. I keep getting super excited to read these, but I keep feeling a little let down once I finish them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 2: Cosmic Cooties
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Lumberjanes, Vol. 6)
  • Delilah Dirk and the King's Shilling (Delilah Dirk, #2)
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 1
  • Monster on the Hill
  • One Trick Pony
  • Cucumber Quest: The Doughnut Kingdom (Cucumber Quest, #1)
  • Another Castle: Grimoire
  • Broxo
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade (Hilda, #3)
  • Womanthology: Heroic
  • Bandette, Volume 1: Presto!
  • Out of Time (Lumberjanes, Vol. 4)
  • Snow White and the Seven Robots: A Graphic Novel
Jeremy Whitley is the son of two teachers and the husband of a third.

Born in La Mesa, CA, Jeremy went to high school in Lenoir, NC and college at The University of North Carolina. He graduated with a Bachelors in English, a minor in Creative Writing, and a girlfriend who would soon become a wife.

He and his wife Alicia live in Raleigh with their elemental daughter, Zuri. Jeremy writes part-time an

Princeless (Collected Editions) (9 books)
  • Princeless, Vol. 1: Save Yourself