Start by marking “Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)

Take Me, Break Me

(Pierced Hearts #1)

This book is part of a dark fiction series and may disturb some readers.
Some of this story is not safe, sane, or consensual and this is not a manual on how to practice kink.

Jodie is scraping the barrel trying to stay afloat. An idea arrives that could rescue her finances and bring her together in a kinky way with a man she never gave up on. She's terrified and fasci
Published March 3rd 2013 by Cari Silverwood

To ask other readers questions about Take Me, Break Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me, Break Me

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,114 books — 3,507 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
963 books — 1,438 voters

More lists with this book...

~ Becs ~

Holy Fuck!  What a dark, pain-edged orgasmic ride this one turned out to be!  Cari Silverwood is a new discovery for me and now I’m going to have to slavishly read her back list because, wow, how wonderful is it to find an author that appears to be such a good fit.  If you like your BDSM a little edgy, your consent a little dubious and your boundaries pushed then I suggest you give her a try!

As the blurb states, Jodie decides to make a documentary about capture fantasy – a fetish which she believes turns many women on astry!

As

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

photo tumblr_m96e2xdqgF1qbkfvso1_500_zpsd9364547.jpg

Yawza.

See, this is what happens when I skim the synopsis, and get one-click happy.

It was all right there – should have been no surprise, but I totally missed the whole “warning part”

I’ve got to admit, I’m more of a “glitter-kink” kind of girl. While I’ll dip my toe into some more hard-core stuff, I generally swim in the shallow end.

The interesting thing about this book is that, for the most part, (except for two scenes) I’d say this wasn’t anything out of my comfort zone (as narrow as that can be). I’ve read boo
Amber Rose
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: slave, bdsm, erotica, dark, manage
4 beautifully, unique, pleasurable, captivating, stars.

The eyes are the mirror to the soul and right then my soul was very dark.

This is surprising a slow working way dark read. It starts off kind of slow but then it catches up to you and take a full swing into dark, erotica, captive, dom and sub. I really quite enjoyed this book. I love how the author took something different and very unique way of captive books and did a spin of mind fuckery.

photo Takemebreakmequote_zpsd586323b.jpg

Jodie is struggling with money, she needs
Kristin
*spoiler free*
Ok, I'm ready to admit it....I'm a sick, sick girl. Not only that, but hey, I'm okay with it! ;) Right or wrong, non-con works for me and this book took non-con to a new level. I've read all variety of dark reads with rarely as much as a flinch, and yet Take Me, Break Me pushed me a bit outside of my comfort zone. I didn't even think that was possible anymore.

With so many "dark" reads out there with non-con and BDSM, they really start to blend together. It's reall
Rebecca
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well......huh.

I liked this a lot. It was a really unique take on many things to be honest.

Jodie wants to make a documentary about Stockholm syndrome/captive fantasies. She recruits her old lover Klaus to be the 'captor' whilst she is the 'captive'. At first it is all smooth sailing and she is locked in the basement and fed the same foods. Just like a regular ol' prisoner, they both realise this isn't working and Klaus......well, Klaus does *cough* stuff.

The most compelli
Johanna
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
*~*~*~*~*3.5 Glorious Ménage a Trois Stars*~*~*~*~*
 photo image_zps3ab62c96.jpg
I'd just signed a document that gave the man opposite me permission to mind fuck me into the next century

This quote alone pretty much sums up the whole story of Jodie & Klaus's initiation into the wclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Trent Evans
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: capture/captivity,dub con, and consensual non-con fans
What happens when a woman's fantasy runs much deeper than she'd initially thought? And what does she learn when her exploration of that fantasy is taken almost totally out of her control? This is the captivating premise for this novel.

Ms. Silverwood's skillfully crafted story sneaks up on you, introducing you to the heroine Jodie, a woman with complex motivations, and the hero Klaus, a man of outwardly serene, even uncomplicated, demeanor. Right away, you want to learn more about the
Meggie
4.5 mindf*ck stars!!!

Like anyone, like everyone, I craved stuff that could never happen. I dreaded the idea of ever letting myself go. The old Lord of the Flies book came to mind. Peel off the veneer of civilization and people are unspeakable monsters beneath.

Did every man have some version of a monster inside him, deep down? Maybe we just needed the right circumstances to set it loose?

I knew this book would be interesting and hot, but I wasn't prepared for how deep it would/>Like
Heather

Well, well, well. This was one hot little read.
Jodie is an underemployed comedian and film maker. She is struggling to make ends meet. She has an e-reader full of racy erotica. She is really interested in a capture fantasy and decides to create a documentary film starring herself and her old flame Klaus.

Well, well, well. This was one hot little read.

Klaus is an accountant. Everything he does is controlled and by the books. He is intrigued when Jodie approaches him. He has always had a thing for her but felt that they never really connected. Klaus called off their relationship because he always felt that Jodie was holding something back. When she approaches him with her idea he is horrified and a little turned on.

Before long Klaus and Jodie are knee deep in the world of dubious consent. Jodie finds herself turned on by the use of her body and the punishments. Initially, she is defiant, but after some discipline, she falls into the role with surprising ease. This is a little scary for her.

Klaus finds himself not just pushing boundaries but blasting through them like a WMD. Klaus is finding his inner Dom and loving it. He enjoys pulling Jodie to the edge and holding her there. He loves the way she bends to his will.

As their agreed upon time draws to a close, Klaus asks Jodie is she has any fantasies. She wants to be in a ménage à trois. Klaus sets out to make it happen. He finds another man and woman who are into BDSM and they play together.

All good things must come to an end. Klaus soon questions everything about their arrangement and who he ha become. Jodie begins to have deeper feelings for Klaus. But now that he is pushing her away, will she be able to save their relationship before he runs?

There were a few minor things I did not like about this book. Klaus quickly agreed to this arrangement and things moved fast. There were parts that were not highly believable.

Aside from that, this was a hot one. I loved the inner dialogue and how we got to see both points of view. We got a glimpse of what it was like for Klaus to go down the rabbit hole. We also got to see how Jodie found herself becoming more and more under the spell of Klaus. She was so tuned into him and so turned on by him. If you are looking for a hot read that pushes ALL KINDS of boundaries...this is for you!

4 Boundary Pushing stars!

red_star_4_of_5-5405838cef8c4750ec26237ed6595e7c

Ellen Gail
3.5 stars. Well written and with more depth and humor than I expected, Take Me, Break Me is an often disturbing work of two people learning about their kinky desires in VERY wrong ways.

Moderate spoilers!

“I have an idea. Performance art of a sort. I want do a film based on me going through the experience of a capture fantasy.”

Jodie is a comedian and documentary filmmaker who's short on money and romance. So what could be better than filming a capture fantasy under "controlled" circumstances? Sure, it's drastic, but with the rispoilers!
ways.
Moderate
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

Take Me, Break Me was an unbelievable read that had me turning pages and waiting, just waiting to see how everyone was going to come out on the other side. It was intriguing watching both Klaus and Jodie transform into other people.

Jodie is a comedienne and producer of documentaries. She wants to film her fantasy – being kidnapped and held hostage. She’s sure her ex-boyfriend, Klaus, is the right man for the j
Regan
Jodie approaches Klaus, her ex-boyfriend / accountant, with a plan to make some cash and jump start a career making documentaries. After reading many erotic books Jodie wants to act out a capture fantasy while filming to create a documentary that will appeal to a wide audience. Klaus is apprehensive at first but initially becomes motivated in fear that she will approach a monster off the street.

After the pseudo-capture Jodie finds the whole thing boring and tells Klaus he's way too nice. But- b
Cécile Smits
What can i say other than that i totally agree with Trent...This series grabbed me from the start and held me captive till the very last page of Yield,the final book in the series. A series i have tucked in a special (dark;) ) corner of my library....

Reading TMBM again,i loved how i was drawn in,again,from page 1. Jodi and Klaus are still so precious to me. The way they grew into their roles as Master and slave. Knowing their thoughts,their doubts about how far to surrender to his sa
BJ
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
One of the most extraordinary books I've read for a few reasons. As an Aussie, Australian authors are not my preference but this author's style was great. She used natural language - controlled the colloquialisms so it didn't read like a tourist brochure - thank you! This is a difficult romance about a couple who set out to play a game. I didn't much like either of them at first, but as they played, I enjoyed watching them discover that extra something deep inside themselves, and it scared them. ...more
carol
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult & BDSM readers
Recommended to carol by: BDSM group
I really enjoyed this story by Cari Silverwood, the first I've read of hers.

The novel follows the two main characters, Jodi & Klaus on their idyllic island off the main coast of Australia.

Cari has told her story as turn and turn about from both POV, which i personally liked, and found it good to know what each character was thinking and experiencing regards the situation they found themselves in, and the feelings and emotions that are awakened in them through their journey into BDSM, with
Leisha
I won't share a full review at this point, maybe not ever because I'm not entirely sure what to say about this read (which is uncommon for me) - the first half I disliked and in the second half I found out *why* I disliked the first half and suddenly it all made perfect sense and then I really liked it. This is a great book for someone who wants to read something quiet original, I've read quiet a few books that had "bad" or "dangerous" Doms in them (not in terms on non-con but in terms of they d ...more
Michael Dunellen
Jane and I teamed up on another review - you can read it over at Behind the Chintz Curtain. We don't rant nearly as much this time (but it does include some of Jane's famous artwork).

But if you aren't ready to read our review yet, here is some background music to listen to while you read.
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Apr 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Currently FREE on Amazon!

Nicolette Hugo
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a good book. A cautionary tale of dark desires.

I liked that it didn't shy away from the desires or make excuses for it. The story for my was about gaining control of those desires, of challenging the conventional ideas of love. Yes there are some elements that only work in the realm of fiction - you can only do so much physical discipline before you start to do real long lasting damage; but I was ok with that, it was needed for the tale.

Funnily enough I was worried for Klaus more than
The Romance Evangelist
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I need to be reminded how to tell the difference between a 4 star book and a 5 star book, I will re-read this book. It wins all the stars. It kept me up late because I just could not put it down. The mindf*ck of Klaus actually surpasses the one for Jodie. Wow. I can't express all the emotions I got from this read and I'm pretty jaded when it comes to deep dark erotic romance. But damn, this book has got me tongue-tied with admiration. Well done, Cari Silverwood. And more like this, plea ...more
Leslie OBrien
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, this story has sat on my Kindle for a while and with life getting in the way, I didn’t have a chance to read it. But then, once I did. Wow. But, then again, it took me a while to get to the review. That said. I repeat. Wow. I really enjoyed the psychological aspects of the story as Ms. Silverwood brought us into the heads of both Klaus and Jodie. Everything from who really was attempting to top to aspects of Lima Syndrome to when Klaus finally gets down to business. And yea, okay, that las ...more
Denise
5 Stars

He’d said long ago that all I wanted was to fuck him. He’d been right. I’d kept my distance from really being with him, fended him off with excuses. Now, we had more. Not just S and M and kink, but a way of feeling, of being, that matched. I would kiss the very ground he walked on to be with him. And he felt the same. I was certain.

Jodie is making a documentary about the psychological effects of being someone's captive and enlists the help of her ex-boyfriend, Klaus, to be her captor. She bel/>
Metalkarin
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Amazing story,

that takes us from an art project, to Dub Con, to BDSM, to a HEA (or maybe for now?)

Cari Sliverwood takes us on a great journey with this book. Both Klaus and Jodie experience personal growth by exploring their kinky side. I loved how she’s got the essence of that exploration, with the fear and doubt that comes with it. Both characters learn and evolve during the story.

This story contains SM activities, that will leave bruises and might draw blood. It also contains
Jessy (Jessy's Book Club)
Attention all Dark Erotica fans! I found us a new one :) I am so excited to write this review!

Jodie is a fan of Dark Erotica. She’s read stories about women being taken captive and forced to serve their master… and… she’s intrigued. She makes a living as a comedienne and a low-budget documentary maker. So she gets an idea. Why not make a documentary of herself living out a capture fantasy? More women like her enjoy these stories, so it’s bound to be a hit. She approaches her ex, Klau
 Rosebud
Caution: this book contains extreme element BDSM including humiliation, D/s, impact play, needle play, wax play, dub/non consent, and multi partner play scenes incuding ff. It is a dark kidnap capture fantasy read. Consider yourself warned.

Jodie is making ends meet but needs to look to the future if she wants to be able to pay her bills and keep her head above water. Thinking that a performance art documentary about a capture fantasy will give her some much needed cash and notoriety
Stephanie Christine
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, dubcon
ugh! It's tax time and to keep myself from going insane
I've decided to make a shrine re-visit my favorite sadistic accountant...Klaus
Ok, calm down.
description
This is the first book in the Pierced Hearts series and where we all fell in love with Klaus
ugh! It's tax time and to keep myself from going insane
I've decided to make a shrine re-visit my favorite sadistic accountant...Klaus
Ok, calm down.
description
The "by the books", rule oriented ex-boyfriend Jodie thought was safe to film a capture fantasy with. Her fantasy. How wrong she was.
description
In the process Klaus discovers the sadist that has been hiding inside himself.
description
I think this is the biggest appeal of Klaus. He's essentially a good man who we see struggle with his transformation into this darker self, and we're there when he accepts who he has become.
description
We see Jodie sink further and further down the rabbit hole of captivity and submission and I was right there with her.
description
Klaus has this incredibly hot obsession of putting his fingers in Jodie's mouth. He pets her tongue people! Also? I would totally volunteer to be Klaus's pin cushion
description
This book isn't going to appeal to everyone, and that's ok. Some aren't going to understand why these books are popular right now.
description
At it's heart, this story is a romance and Klaus and Jodie truly love each other and have a happily ever after. Even if it's an unconventional one, and while it's not as dark as some dub/non consent books it is still Dark Erotica. It will put you in a different head space so if you're new to reading this genre...pace yourself.

#JosephMorganisprobablynotwhoauthorhadinmind #myliteraryfantasycasting #Klauswithdrawal
Laz the Sailor
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
OK, so this book hit me the same way that Gone Girl did - it was very well written, and I didn't like it. For me, The Reluctant Dom tells a "nicer" story of a BDSM relationship. I can picture myself as the reluctant Seth, but not as the out-of-control Klaus.

This story of a confused couple that decides to "dabble" in a BDSM relationship with little guidance - which is like juggling grenades. Impressive when done correctly, but dangerous as hell. To the author's credit, she explores the menta
Shayna
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm-favorites
Spynonu
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book thoughI can't exactly pinpoint why. I wasn't really thrilled with the switching point of view or the over analyzing thoughts... BUT I loved that they started their exploration with the intent of making a documentary and ended up on a journey of discovery.

For me the first half of the book was the best. Klaus taking charge of Jodie and finding himself intoxicated by the power he had over her was exciting. Jodie realizing that letting go and letting Klaus take charge w
Dee
4 1/2 stars rounded up to 5

I am not was not a huge fan of heavy BDSM stories so put off reading this book for a while, now I am wondering why I did. I loved the unique plot and the authors ability to bring the story and characters to life. Jodie and Klaus were brilliant together.

I am not normally a series type girl either but on finishing this story I immediately downloaded Bind and Keep Me.

Well done Cari :)
Bargain Basement: 99 c sale for one week 1 9 Sep 07, 2013 05:59AM
Goodreads Librari...: Need cover replaced 7 161 Feb 28, 2013 10:21PM

• The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • FrankenDom
  • Enslaved
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • Cirque de Minuit (Cirque Masters, #1)
  • Big Sky
  • Pam-Ann
  • Safewords Davenport and Chiffon (Safeword, #4)
  • The Man Who Holds The Whip
  • Slave World (Slave World, #1)
  • Take Your Pleasure
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • Owned and Owner
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • The Dom of My Dreams
  • Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
Cari Silverwood is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling writer of kinky darkness or sometimes of dark kinkiness, depending on her moods and the amount of time she's spent staring into the night.

When others are writing bad men doing bad things you may find her writing good men who accidentally on purpose fall into the abyss and come out with their morals twisted in knots.

email: c

Pierced Hearts (5 books)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • Seize Me from Darkness (Pierced Hearts, #4)
  • Yield (Pierced Hearts, #5)
“My revulsion kicked in. Sexual domination, sure. Dishes, housework, even cooking for a man, all these for some weird reason repulsed me.” 0 likes
“triangle of my mons,” 0 likes