Start by marking “You'll Be Safe Here (Promises, Prayers & Secrets Series, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
You'll Be Safe Here (Promises, Prayers & Secrets Series, Book 1)

You'll Be Safe Here (Promises, Prayers & Secrets Series, Book 1)

***You'll Be Safe Here Books 1, 2 and 3 will be available as a boxed set (Novel) soon! Watch out for announcements, ARCs and Giveaways (paperback and kindle editions)!

Bella Martinez has been living in hell since she was born. Raised by an abusive mother, she thought she was safe when she was found by Gabriel.

Gabriel Collins is a criminal. A Manhattan thief now turned milli
Published January 20th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about You'll Be Safe Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You'll Be Safe Here

Gisbelle
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Provided by the author for review purpose

Isabelle, aka Bella, is in a completely messed up relationship. Her boyfriend Gabriel is making a living by hurting other people. Bella loves him despise of everything he has been doing since he was also the one who saved her when no one else did. Then she meets Scal. With his help and support, Bella tried to untangle herself from Gabriel and his organization.

I liked how the story developed. Even it was just over 40 pages, I knew a lot about Bella and Gab
Samantha
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
Wow! You'll be Safe Here is the short story of a girl about to marry the man who used to sell her to other people. She is caught between the love for him that came from his rescue of her and the fear of the dangerous man he is becoming. When a kind man named Scal shows her care, she is caught on what to do.
This is a great short story with lots of action. In roughly 50 pages, it explores so many emotions and issues, while maintaining excellent character development in the background. I absolutel
Cecilia Robert
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of You'll Be Safe Here from the author through New Adult Book Club group here on Goodreads.

I really had a problem getting into the story. Too much hopping from past to present tense, and always in the same sentence. Some scenes were not realistic, especially how the characters reacted to situations.

This is not to say I will not read the author's future works. I will. It's just that You'll Be Safe Here didn't work for me.

I'd like to thank Kristine Pierce and the New Adult Book
Nikki
Mar 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-review
I received an eCopy of this book from the author via the New Adult Book Club in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, I cannot justify giving this book more than 1 star. I was not invested in any of the characters... I felt like there was little to no character development, at all. Things felt rushed. The editing was extremely, extremely poor -- tenses changed mid-sentence and capitals and punctuation were thrown to the wind more times than I could count in such a short novella.

I felt lik
Candy Hoffman
Mar 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
I think there were some really good characters and a really good plot waiting to jump from these pages but it never happened for me. Bella is saved by her "angel" Gabriel from a life of abuse only to be put straight in danger once again. Come on, who can respect and man who whores women out to make money (including the person he so called loved). The introduction of the second male, Scal, seemed to be what would redeem this story but it just didn't happen. The arch of the story was not fully dev ...more
Trisha
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Bella is a lonely girl. Lonely as a child when she was in a violent household. Lonely when she ran away and begged on the street. Found in a park by a lovely stranger who promised her the world, she was lonely when he took her and sold her body.

Now, years later, she thinks she is beyond saving - and struggling to find and feel love with the only man she believes will accept her.

Roaming in New York city on her own, she stumbles onto a rooftop to find a strange man with his arms outstretched, ste
Brenda- Naughty Bits' Book Reviews
I liked how this story developed. Bella and Gabriel certainly make an imperfect couple and I liked how it ended. It was a good read but I really didn't like Scal as a love interest. After finding out about what Gabriel does for living I wanted more of anything out of him. Overall it was well paced and an interesting read. At 40 pages it doesn't leave a whole lot for me to say without giving the entire book away. Its darker them most Contemporary Romance books. After all what Gabriel does for a l ...more
Gemma
Mar 07, 2013 rated it did not like it

Unfortunately the plot was too simplistic and unrealistic. The potential was there but it was too short, meaning events happened much too quickly and when they did were far fetched ruining the better parts of the story. I felt no connection to the characters and there was no chemistry between them either.

It needed editing as well. Too many typos and sentences that didn't make sense.

I do
Stephanie
Mar 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
I received an ecopy through new adult book club in exchange for an honest review.

Overall I think the story line was there with potential to be an okay book but everything felt so rushed and it was kind of all over the place. Some sentences didn't make sense...I had to stop and re-read several times to figure it out. Grammer was an issue. I'm from the south...usually the word "ain't" doesn't bother me...but when a guy from Ukraine in the middle of new York says it? Eh...
I wanted to like this..I r
Jacinta Marie
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review. Overall I felt that the story line was a very good concept but because it was only 40 pages the details and characters were underdeveloped. There was no time to get to know and be attached to the characters. As the reader you had to make some assumptions and I would rather just know what the author was thinking instead. I hope that this novella will be further developed and refined into a full fledge novel. It is a good start!
Vee girl
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the Novella and nice storyline that was interesting and unique! Wish it was a bit longer, so I could fall in love/ hate with the characters a bit more!
~Kate~
This was a very quick read with it only being 41 pages long. The only thing was because of how short it was I didn't feel as though I knew the full story. I also didn't find the story was believable as at the beginning I felt like the guy was form a different species but then she randomly mentions what he actually does (confused? I sure was). None of the romance was believable either as how can someone love someone that does what he living? Also when the other guy Scal enters the scene she tells ...more
April
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it

This book is all types of crazy! Bella was turned into a high class call girl by the man, Gabriel, who saved her from her crazy family. Its kind of bizarre that he supposedly saved her from her family but yet he used her body to make money for his empire. Ironically Gabriel was named after an angel but acted like the Devil. I didnt like him at all!!! I am not sure how I feel about Bella
Sasha Cameron
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is a fantastic idea that has been poorly executed. The plot is really good and I can see that what is essentially a novella, could become a great novel but this version of the story is underdone. There is very little in the way of character development and for me this is a key element that is missing. The author sets up the dynamic but fails to really explore the motivations through either the first person narrative or the back stories. The action leaps around too much. I felt like I was be ...more
Derna
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I received an eCopy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I gave this book 2 stars, at a push 2.5 stars.

It was a very short book and therefore I felt that, the story was very rushed and jumps all over the place. At times I would go back a page thinking that I had missed something, but like many times while reading this book I hadn’t, the information just wasn’t there.

I could not warm to the characters because I didn’t know enough about them, and I really want to especia
Michelle Kannan
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Provided by the author for review

I was interested in reading this book because the storyline sounded promising.

While I liked the idea of the story, there was very little character development. I was happy to see that the author was able to explain a how the characters were intertwined with one another but I still didn't get enough about the characters to be invested in them.

I know there are two more books to the series so hopefully the characters will grown in the follow up books.

The book nee
Selena Isley
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
First, I would like to thank the New Adult Club for the opportunity to review You'll Be Safe Here. While the premise of the story sounded intriguing I struggled to finish this short story. The plot felt rushed and there was really no character development. I really wanted to like this short story, but I just could not connect with the characters. That said, I'm interested to see if that will change in the full length novel.
Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
Mar 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Fist off, this was a novella not a novel or what I consider a book, a short story at best. I think that the plot was simplistic and the characters were underdeveloped. It was a good first draft to say the least. I thought that the idea was good, but the follow through was a miss. I really wanted to like this one. Sorry, I just did not get it!
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing

The storyline was good and I understand that it is a short novel, but if it leads up to more books to go along with it, it should have just been an introduction. I liked the characters but the story was rushed and to the point.
Carey
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I received an ecopy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

The plot was interesting and different from what I am used to reading. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough in the story to develop the characters and get invested in them. The book has a lot of potential it just needs more.

My rating 2.5

Feb 02, 2013
Pippa McLaren
Feb 12, 2013
Kristine Pierce
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Phylline Phillips
Saralynnhen
May 16, 2013
Donna Bacarra
Jan 25, 2013
Kristine Pierce is a stay at home mom of 2 toddlers (3 1/2 year old boy and 1 year old girl) and wife living on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. She finally found her true and long overdue calling - become a published author. As a graphic designer and visual artist (oil and acrylic on canvas), she also makes sure she designs her own book covers.

She has been a home maker and stay-at-home mommy
“If I didn't, would you be happy with someone like me? If we met under different circumstances, would you?” 5 likes
“I won't leave you. If you're in danger, then I should be with you. I won't let you risk your life alone. We're in this together, remember? That's what you told me when we ran away.” 3 likes