Start by marking “Anything for You (Coming Home, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Anything for You (Coming Home, #1.5)

Read Excerpt

Anything for You (Coming Home #1.5)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  781 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
From the author of Because of You comes an all new Coming Home short story.

Sergeant First Class Shane Garrison has spent a year recovering from his combat injuries. A year spent in the arms of the woman of his dreams. But loving Jen comes with a price: every time he touches her, he faces the uncertain fear that loving her might mean losing her forever.

Jen is a breast can
Published February 1st 2013 by Jessica Scott

To ask other readers questions about Anything for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anything for You

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Anything for You is a short, sweet, touching story, revisiting Shane Garrison and Jen St. James from Because of You, the first book in Jessica Scott’s Coming Home series. If you haven’t already read Because of You, I would strongly encourage you to do so before reading this story, as it’s a continuation of Shane and Jen’s developing relationship.
From the cover:

Pat
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing

We met Shane Garrison and Jen St. James in Because of You. Shane was a seriously wounded soldier, she a nurse
recovering from breast cancer. They each had scars and heartaches, but found love and healing in each other's arms.

In this short story we revisit Shane and Jen a year later. They are still very much in love, planning on spending their lives together. Jen is thrilled with Shane's recovery, but fearing his inevitable return to active duty. Shane is very content and happy in their relations
Stella
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, for-review, 2013
Even when I read Jessica Scott's debut novel, Because of You, I was blown away by the emotional intensity and rawness she managed to put in words. Anything For You is the much awaited epilogue to that story, as we revisit Shane and Jen, the hero and heroine of Because of You and catch a glimpse of how life is for the couple after the "happily ever after". And while Anything For You is really short, it sure packs a strong emotional punch.

As you see from the blurb Jen is a breast cancer survivor a
Kathie
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of 'Anything For You" by Jessica Scott and loved it. It was so good to revisit Jen and Shane as their relationship and recoveries progress. Their story began in "Because of You" when Shane is seriously injured in Iraq and sent home to recover. Jen is the nurse assigned to his care and although she is recovering from her own struggle with cancer, throws her heart and soul into seeing that Shane pulls through a very difficult transition. In return Shane help heal some serious sca ...more
Colleen Kennedy
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this novella, Ms. Scott continues the story of Shane and Jen from “Because of You.” We begin this novella with Shane considering getting a vasectomy because of his fear of losing Jen should she get pregnant and her cancer return in a more aggressive form due to the pregnancy. At the same time that Shane is struggling with his fear and feeling of helplessness at the possibility of losing Jen, Jen is also struggling with her fear of Shane’s complete recovery and potential re-deployment. In this ...more
Julie Barrett
Anything For You A Coming Home Short Story by Jessica Scott
Shane Garrison is back from the war recuperating. His physical therapist is Jennifer St. James who he now lives with. They have a loving caring relationship til he decides he might need to take the future into his own hands, but he does want to discuss it with her.

Hot steamy sex scenes only add to the intensity of their love for one another. She's got fears of him returning to the war and he does also but more about the cancer that may r
Kerri
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this novella we are brought back to Fort Hood, Texas where we first met Shane and Jen in Because of You. Readers who fell in love with these two characters will be delighted in this extra glimpse into their lives as a couple. As with all relationships, there are always a few bumps along the way and Shane and Jen are no exception.

This story is a must read for fans of Jessica Scott. I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting the couple and I know you will too!
Blodeuedd Finland
You know what the worst thing is. Opening a 70 page ebook, thinking it is that long, but no, it was 30 pages. The rest was a preview of another book. Sigh.

Armyman is thinking of a vasectomy. His wife had breast cancer and kids could make it come back. She does want kids. They think about it, and live happily ever after.
Penny
Shelves: favorites
In this short Valentine's Day story by Jessica Scott we revisit Shane and Jen from 'Because of You', as a conversation is going on between Vince Carponti and Shane during a workout in the base gymnasium. The talk revolves around personal fears, Jen, the Army, and their on-going rehabilitation.

The unspoken conversation concerns love . . .

Love is hard work, and no matter that Shane and Jen have declared their love to each other, with promises of marriage, their respective insecurities still remain
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

I am a huge fan of Jessica Scott. You can’t help but feel for each and every one of her characters which makes it easy to become invested in their story. In Anything for You, we get to revisit Shane and Jen who have very much been on my mind since book one.

First off, I was relieved to see Shane and Jen continuing towards their happily ever after. Shane is still recovering and dealing with not being able to return to his men. On top of
Becca Booksreview
Shelves: have-reviewed
Goodreads book discription:

From the author of Because of You comes an all new Coming Home short story.

Jen is a survivor and with Shane, she’s found a man who loves her despite her scars. But her scars may be too much for
Cocktails and Books
Shane Garrison and Jen St. Clair have traveled a hellacious road to get to where they are today, happy and in love. But with redeployment looming, the only thing that really terrifies Shane is the possibility that Jen becoming pregnant will cause her cancer to come back.

I have never wanted to strangle, shake, strangle again and scream at a man as much as I wanted to with Shane. He makes an incredibly important decision based on his fear of Jen's cancer without talking to her. And when his decis
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
jointly reviewed for http://totallybookedblog.com/

G&J: Anything for You is a short story where we revisit Jen and Shane from the first book Because of You in the Coming Home series.

We really enjoyed catching up with this couple again. If you haven’t read Because of You we highly recommend it, not only before you read this short story but because Jessica Scott is an amazing Author and her Coming Home series is both beautiful and emotional whilst depicting the real and heart-breaking sides of
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Originally posted on What I'm Reading

Back in 2011 I got a chance to read Because of You by Jessica Scott. This is where you first meet Shane Garrison and Jen St. James. I strongly suggest you read that story first, before jumping into this novella. However, it is just a suggestion. Here's why:

In Anything for You Shane and Jen have been together for sometime. Shane is about to do something and he's afraid to tell Jen what he is about to do. I don't know what the man was thinking when he thought i
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
jointly reviewed for http://totallybookedblog.com/

Lisa Filipe
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a sweet, short V-Day read, check out this little gift from Jessica Scott, and celebrate the holiday with Shane and Jen.

All of your favorite characters from BECAUSE OF YOU are back for a sweet little Valentine's Treat. This short has all the elements of your favorite Valentine's chocolates, it's hard on the outside like Shane's smokin hot bod, it's sweet and gooey on the inside, like Jen and how she gets when she is around Shane, and it can be gobbled up in less than an hou
Liza
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to be sent a copy of Anything For You from the author with the promise of an honest review. I’m a huge fan of Jessica Scott and loved Shane and Jen from the moment we me them in Because of You.

I loved this short visit with Jen and Shane. I’m one of those readers who loves visiting with favorite characters to see where they currently are in their relationship. With Shane being in the Army and Jen being a breast cancer survivor, I liked seeing how they each were dealing with possible l
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Anything for You was a lovely little revisit of Shane and Jen. Readers originally met them in Because of You. It has been some time since Shane met and fell in love with Jen. They are living together and starting to experience some of the day to day problems couple’s experience. Shane’s lack of smooth relationship knowledge adds some tension to the new relationship.

I loved Jen and Shane from the moment they walked onto the pages of Because of You. Getting to read how their relationship has prog
Christina Lyn
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay for starters It really made me sad the feeling of Shane losing Jen because of her previous illness. As for Jen I understand her for wanting to have a kids on her own but there are huge possibilities it will take her own life for pursuing that. As for Shane I know that scares the hell out of him too knowing it could kill her eventually.

I was hoping Jessica will write another story more of Jen and Shane. I want their story to continue in short I wanted more of them.

Renee
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC copy of this story (Thanks Jess!)…Anything for You is a heartwarming follow-up novella to Jessica Scott's Because of You. In it we catch up with Shane & Jen as they come to terms with their individual fears of losing the other. With appearances by Vic Carponti & Laura Davila (some of my favorite characters from Because of You) Jessica gives a touch of the humor that I love in her writing. I can’t wait to see what Jessica’s got planned next for our ...more
Lisa Hutson
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awww....it was so wonderful to catch up with Shane and Jen. I love reading romance. But often times, things fall together in a much too predictable way. Jessica does not fall into that easy peasy ending. But its a happy wonderful ending none the less. I am not sure how a man would like reading it. haha But it was real life like characters handling real life feelings, worries and problems. Together. Romance, hotsy totsy sex (of course, its Shane!!) friends and love love love....For a short story, ...more
Kame

Those of us who fell in love with Shane and Jen in Jessica's Because of You will be so pleased for this little glimpse at Shane and Jen's Happily Ever After.

This short story showcases all the humor we have come to expect out of Jessica Scott characters, and it deals with the emotions one has when you love someone.

There is a satisfying ending, and I hope with all my heart we get to see Jen use her Valentine's gift someday.

If you love Shane and Jen read this short story!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: A perfect little Short Story!
10/10/2016 -- 4 Star

I read this short story again. My original rating stands. Love these people and this series.

Happy Reading!
**********************************************

11/29/2014 --

4 Stars.

A great story packed in few pages. Although part of a series, like all Jessica Scott books, it stands very nicely on its' own.

Happy Reading!
Scriptoria
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was as good as I'd expected, funny and emotionally moving. I like that Jen and Shane's happily ever after is not a fairytale-like, but that they face and overcome difficult, real-life problems. I recommend it :)
Shirley
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love reading novellas. They’re perfect for a quick late night read or a ‘in between’ book when you’re not quite ready to dig into another novel. They can be stand alone short stories or introductions to series, but I think my favorite type of novella is one that lets readers revisit characters that they have already been introduced to. That’s exactly what Jessica Scott treats readers to in Anything for You.

Jen and Shane were featured in the first book in Scott’s Coming Home series, Because of
Roz ~ My Written Romance
It’s always wonderful to re-visit some of your favourite characters, and this novella from Jessica Scott allows us to catch up with Shane & Jen from her earlier work, Because of You.

Sergeant First Class Shane Garrison has spent a year recovering from his combat injuries. A year spent in the arms of the woman of his dreams. But loving Jen comes with a price: every time he touches her, he faces the uncertain fear that he might kill her.

Jen is a survivor and with Shane, she’s found a man who lo
GraceMyBookSnack
A special treat for Shane & Jen Fans!

After reading Because of You, Shane and Jen immediately became one of my favorite couples. I craved to read about them again. Set around their first Valentine's Day together, Anything for You is a continuation of their story, and what a special treat it is!

Although short, Anything for You is every bit satisfying, romantic, and, well, so very Shane and Jen! I love that this story goes beyond being light and fluffy. These two deal with some pretty heavy iss
Stephanie Collins
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to start this off by saying – You cannot read this without reading Because of You. Please don’t try it… really… don’t do it.

Ok now that the warning is out there I get to gush over getting to see two characters I fell in love with in Because of You again. I adored their initial romance and knowing that the love they share is still going strong made me extremely happy.

Do they still have problems? YES

Do they truly love one another? YES

Do I want to see more of this amazing pair? OH DEAR GO
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

Wanna know what happened to Shane Garrison and Jen from "Because of You", well I definitely wanted to know and I am so happy that Jessica Scott wrote this short story of them. Shane and Jen touched my heart the minute I read them in "Because of You".

"Anything for You" continues their story and how their relationship is growing. They are dealing with problems any couple would have and how those problems may break them apart or make them grow stronger.

Shane
Viviana Izzo
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Anything for You" is a continuation of SFC Shane Garrison's and Jen's story which began with "Because of You". However, this could be read as a stand alone, which I have. I now will be purchasing "Because of You" and "Until There Was You" (books 1 & 2 in the Coming Home Series).

We know from the synopsis that Jen is a breast cancer survivor and that Shane is also a survivor. Both do not want their past to define their future. However, they both fear the possibility of losing the other. They
  • The Embattled Road (Lost and Found, #0.5)
  • Making It Last (Camelot, #4)
  • First Strike (I-Team, #5.9)
  • Have Yourself a Marine Christmas
  • A Little Bit of Hot (Out of Uniform, #9.5)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Leonardo (The Santinis, #1)
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Dangerous Territory (Alpha Ops, #1)
  • Love at High Tide
  • Long Simmering Spring (Star Harbor, #3)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
Jessica Scott is an Iraq war veteran, an active duty army officer and the USA Today bestselling author of novels set in the heart of America’s Army. She is the mother of two daughters, three cats and three dogs, and wife to a retired NCO. She and her family are currently wherever the Army has sent her.

She's also written for the New York Times At War Blog, PBS Point of View Regarding War, and IAVA.
More about Jessica Scott...

Coming Home (5 books)
  • Because of You (Coming Home, #1)
  • Back to You (Coming Home, #2)
  • Until There Was You (Coming Home, #3)
  • All For You (Coming Home, #4)
  • It's Always Been You (Coming Home, #5)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Rose Garden
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)