Start by marking “Ultimate Bugopedia: The Most Complete Bug Reference Ever” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Bugopedia: The Most Complete Bug Reference Ever

Ultimate Bugopedia: The Most Complete Bug Reference Ever

Welcome to the hidden world of the most popular bugs on Earth. Opening the beautiful and accessible pages of this book is like turning over a series of stones under which you'll find a fascinating array of the world's coolest creepy-crawlies.

This fully photographic book profiles bugs, beetles, wasps, bees, ants, caterpillars, butterflies, dragonflies, spiders, flies, cric
Published October 22nd 2013 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published October 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Bugopedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Bugopedia

Mark Weddleton
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Murawski and Honovich have created a feast for the eyes of any bug lovers. It is full of huge, magnified photos, informative facts attractively presented as captions, in highlighted text boxes, a glossary. There’s a Q & A section with an entomologist, a comparison of bugs to spiders and a special section on “How you can help” the thousands of insect species in danger of extinction. Bug reference books like this are a staple in my class that are highly sought after by my preschoolers.

This bo
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Murawski, D., & Honovich, N. (2013). National Geographic kids ultimate bugopedia: The most complete bug reference ever. Washington, D.C: National Geographic.

Citation by: Sarah Tyler

Type of Reference: Encyclopedia

Call Number: 595.703 M9729n 2013

Content/Scope: This encyclopedia is aptly called the most complete bug reference ever, since it contains more than eighty two-page profiles of individual insects, over four hundred color photographs, including ten photo galleries. It has twenty-two art
One more, please!
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My kids really enjoyed this. It is a great book to add to your collection. The macro photography is beautiful revealing the most intricate details of the small critters. The book provides scientific names, classification, rank, etc.. everything you'd expect to find in an encyclopedia. What I loved is that Bugopedia worked great for my older ones as well as my younger ones. My younger ones loved the pictures while my older one also received answers to his questions: What do beetles eat? How bi ...more
Lynn
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful! I liked the structure which gives important general information first with excellent illustrations and then follows with detailed looks at 80 bugs in two categories. The photographs are stunning and the information well chosen to fascinate and inform. I was very surprised at the age range this appealed to from my 3-year-old grandson who insisted on looking at and talking about each and every page (in two sessions) and his 10-year-old cousins who have been utterly absorbed by it.
Rita
Mar 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This is quite a scientific/detailed book. It was a bit much for the 2, 3, and 4 year old. They liked the pictures and had a lot of good questions. Hopefully they will pick it up again in about 5 years!
Melissa Mcavoy
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great, exhaustive treatment full of information, clearly presented. Really deserves 5 stars, but I couldn't force myself to read it all.
PWRL