Start by marking “Dog Shaming” as Want to Read:
Dog Shaming

Dog Shaming

Based on the runaway web phenomenon (www.dogshaming.com), Dog Shaming features the most hilarious, most shameful, and never-before-seen doggie misdeeds.

Our dogs are our best friends. They are always happy to see us. They comfort us in our times of need. They also eat our shoes, stain our carpets, and embarrass us in front of our guests.

Published September 24th 2013 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dog Shaming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog Shaming

Start your review of Dog Shaming
karen
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

there are regular people, like you and you - who go to a bookstore and see a book like this, and exclaim "there's a book of this??"

and then there are people like me, the amish, and the mole people, who go to a bookstore and see a book like this and exclaim "there's a website of this??"

yeah, i'm behind on the times. so for all you mole people and amish friends who somehow found this review, look! a website!

and i was going to take pictures of my favorite doggies in this book, with their sha
PorshaJo
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book. I saw a review of this one on GR and thought I immediately had to pick it up. I knew nothing about the blog from which this book came from. The book has pictures of dogs, some looking guilty, most not, with a sign indicating their crime. Some I laughed so hard at and few made me cringe. I have two dogs and can relate, I have one who just ripped a half box of tissues into millions of pieces....just because. The other probably helped, but I can't really be sure. I laughed afterwa ...more
Ivy H
Ok so I'm a sucker for dog books, dog calendars, dog memes etc. This little collection of doggies behaving badly is really cute. The dogs are all adorable, beautiful and very photogenic. Kudos to their owners/photographers for the effort, because I know from experience how difficult it can be get a dog to pose for pictures. Most of my dogs hate having their photo taken, except for Harold and Ivy. Harold loves posing for photos and Ivy's too lazy to care one way or the other. While this collectio ...more
Amy (Other Amy)
So, this Dog Shaming thing is something I only recently heard about (from my boss), and then I read some cat humor books, so Goodreads started saying, 'Hey, look at this over here!' And my awesome library system has such odd things... So here we are! Or rather, here I am, reviewing this book for your book review reading pleasure.

What I am finding with all of these type of books (tree book versions of online phenomena such as I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun and How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning)
Courtney
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 1
Cute. IIRC, I think I was debating buying it (waiting for mom to finish at walmart), but finished before we left the store... lol.
Christyn
Dog Shaming was a fun book to page through. I definitely noticed some of my own dog's behavior. It has full page pictures of the dog(s) in question along with a sign of what they do/did. Sometimes it has evidence of their misdeeds and other times no. My favorites are (of course) the ones with pictures of what they did to go with them and their signs. I love the expressions on their faces whether sitting next to the evidence of their misdeed doing their best to convince us they were the one's responsibl ...more
Teena in Toronto
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: canadian
I've been checking out Dogshaming.com on a regular basis for a couple years ... the pictures are hilarious!

Dog Shaming started one night when the author and her boyfriend, Mike, were in bed reading on their tablets when they heard chewing coming from under the bed. Mike reached out and pulled Beau (their rescue wiener dog) out from under the bed. They realized he'd been chewing on Mike's underwear. They burst out laughing and snapped a picture with a sign beside him and she posted it
Shazza Maddog
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can you say about a book based off of a website with pictures of dogs caught after the act of being bad?

How about, "laugh-out-loud funny"? Because it is. There is one picture per page, so this is a very quick read, but if you have dogs, or had dogs, or love dogs but don't have any right now, well, this is a great book for you.
Beth
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, picture-books
Dog Shaming is the infamous Tumblr that eventually turned into this hilarious photo book. Since I have seen so many of the posts on the Dog Shaming site, this collection of photos lost some of its humor, but if you've never seen Dog Shaming before, it's a great collection.
Liz
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
This is a really cute little look through book based on the popular dog shaming website.
حسناء
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
this was both funny and disgusting
Kirsti
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Haha, there are some really naughty dogs out there! If I had to put signs in front of my three I would probably run out of paper. Danny's would read 'I chewed the u-bend off the toilet, ate a hole in the laundry door and buried the u-bend. Oh, and I stole an embroidered cushion off the old lady next door and shredded it. Sometimes I steal rubbish from the neighbours yards, by jumping colorbond fences. I love scaring Mum by shredding up snail bait packets and spreading it across the yard...' you ...more
Pocki
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
For a second this morning I thought a dog might be nice, then I read this book and remembered that no, I am definitely not a dog person.
The pictures are pretty fun, but it gets boring after a while. And while some make me giggle, I mostly just feel sorry for people with dogs and a bit angry. Also why are so many dogs so.... ugly looking? Yeah, I'm definitely not a dog person. If I ever get a pet it will probably have scales or something.

But I assume that if you love dogs this i
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
What's not to love about this book? It's a super quick book and so entertaining. Every page is just hilarious. A must read for every dog lover, especially owners who will totally relate to what some of these dogs have done.
a.
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The pictures are of course adorable. But this is not more than a twenty minute flip through so that is disappointing.
Cristine Cris
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Based on the website www.dogshaming.com. How many times have your dog(s) done something that made you stop and think. Hmm I wonder if anyone else has had to deal with this? Better yet, if this was a human child, what would I make them do? Though it would be considered mental abuse to place a note stating what a child has done and post it on Facebook (I bet they would think twice though). This is the next best thing and they don’t pick our nursing homes out!
Malia
Jan 20, 2018 added it
Shelves: dog, humorous
Love this book.
Brings back memories: My mother put a lucious roast beef on the stove to cool before slicing. She turned her back to prepare something else. It was gone. She asked me where I put it. We looked under the kitchen table, and there was Sheba our dog, guilty as sin. "Thou shalt not steal!" She had stomach upset from the hot meat for awhile.
But she recovered and lived to 14yrs.
And we had Mac and Cheese for dinner.🙄😄
Roger
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
So what do you do if your next scheduled read is at the library and you cannot get to it for twelve hours? You find a book that requires no commitment and little effort. Hence: Dog Shaming. Which was a very funny bit of fluff by the way.
Anuradha
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
It's a simple, cute book that makes you smile, shake your head & laugh out loud. The book is a clever concept & very entertaining for dog lovers like me who don't actually own a dog. A great addition to my library !
Jim
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes you just have to take a break from the regular reading and enjoy some pet funnies. Many of these are really funny, and it is always fun to look at dogs. (I am guilty of loving the Dodo clips on FB). Pretty much anyone with a dog will relate to these, or at least one of them.
Lindsay-Isabel
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dogs!
Jenn
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
"read" this while waiting in line for a free ice cream and made waiting in line enjoyable :)
Lewis Smith
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute and funny collection. And everyone of my dogs (pat and present), and one "grand puppy" could've been on numerous different pages in this book.
Cora
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
May make one giggle and smile ❤
Jess
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dog, humour
Fun book with lots of pictures in with some dogs looking ashamed and more just looking pleased with themselves. Really glad I read it - made me chuckle
Jill
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who wouldn't like a book with a Bulldog on the cover?
marissa  sammy
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
some of those dogs were CLEARLY not ashamed.
Susan Strayer
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Dumb and funny
Cathy
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book for any dog lover! My only complaint is that I wanted even more. I'll be buying a couple of these for gifts.
Robin

• Maddie on Things: A Super Serious Project About Dogs and Physics
  • Make it Scream, Make it Burn
  • Kids Are Weird: And Other Observations from Parenthood
  • Places and Names: On War, Revolution, and Returning
  • The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat (Grumpy Cat Book, Cat Gifts for Cat Lovers, Crazy Cat Lady Gifts)