Start by marking “Forever Friday” as Want to Read:

Forever Friday

Ideal for readers of Nicholas Sparks, Forever Friday is the heartwarming and captivating tale of an unlikely couple, a weekly gift of devotion, and a heartbroken man longing to discover the secret to lasting marriage.

After a devastating divorce leaves Adam Colby heartbroken, he is not sure how he can put the pieces of his life back together. He wonders if even God can make
Published September 3rd 2013 by WaterBrook (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Friday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Friday

Start your review of Forever Friday
Sandra Lassiter
Aug 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book typifies why I am thinking about phasing out reviewing "Christian fiction". Putting the label "Christian fiction" on a book does not make it so. There's nothing "Christian" about this book. Smoking, drinking, immoral behavior, a so-called "guardian angel" while almost no talk of God Himself, much less anyone even TRYING to live a godly life makes for a very poor book indeed.

The story line itself had some great promise, and there are some very sweet moments, but these are cheapened by
Glenda L
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best romance books I think I have read and it has been sitting on my shelf for years. It is a story about the power or love and marriage. After being married to the same man for 58 years, I can tell you that there is a lot of truth in this book about how to keep a marriage alive. What a treat it has been to read this book.
Heather
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book, it was a good love story. My only issue is that this is supposed to be a christian book and it's really not much at all. This book is easy and Interesting to read though.
Audrey K.
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pros: Huck and Gabe are likable characters who display their deep love for God and each other.
Knowing very little about Texas history myself, the book seems well-researched.
Cons: It seemed, with the exception of 3 or 4 very brief incidents with elements of risk and danger, a mediocre tale of two average, middle-class Americans who were faithful to their marriage.
The evil Clark seemed inhuman, almost a classic 'evil villain' from the Vaudeville era. How could he be that mentally ill and
Bailey Thompson
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: have
This book took me FOREVER to finish because there wasn't much excitement that happened in it to make me not want to put it down. The book was just alright, cute story but not much of a climax. I did however like how it ended around the theme of hope.
Lorraine Bratcher
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Nice love story between Gabe and Huck but I didn't care for ending. Seemed like the author got bored at the end and just finished book.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"Some great romances worth telling are never told, their lovers slipping silently between life's timeworn cracks only to be pitched with yesterday's trash. As owner of a small estate-sale business, I'd witnessed evidence over the years of various couple's love lives. So I'd learned to sift through the piles of forgotten memories. Learned to appreciate a second look...and perhaps ease my pain.

That was how I discovered the postcards.

Bargain hounds and treasure hunters pushed through the heavy
Brittany
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Please rank my review over at WaterBrook Multnomah at http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggi...

Forever Friday is a very unique way to tell a love story. The author sets the story up by introducing us to Adam, a man who does not know if it is possible for true love to last. He is disheartened by his wife leaving him two years earlier. After discovering a set of postcards with love poems on them that spanned sixty years of a couple’s marriage, Adam set out to learn the secret to this now deceased
Paula Vince
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This struck me as a very different novel from the norm, but at first I couldn't figure out why. After some thought, I decided it was because of the instant, intense 'love-at-first-sight' theme between Gabe and Huck, the two main characters. I'd just finished reading a string of novels in which the romantic duo were antagonistic toward each other until the plot drew warmer feelings out of them. As that scenario may be what we come to expect from romances, I was wondering why 'Forever Friday' ...more
Ionia
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are really no words to fully describe this book. It is one of the most well written and beautiful books that I have ever read.

When I first saw this novel, I wasn't sure exactly what to think. It sounded interesting, but I feared it might turn into another rambling romantic tale that really had no depth and didn't go anywhere. I was wrong. I am happy to report that this book captivated me in every way reading material can.From the first page to the last, I wanted to know more. Ever read a
Anastasia Riebs
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it

In a gripping love story that transcends time, author Timothy Lewis' new title, Forever Friday: A Novel, is the narrative of the intense fire between a man and wife, and the fervent devotion crucial to fanning its flames.

Set within duel timelines, smooth transitions take us from present day Texas, where estate-sale specialist, Adam Coby, unearths a collection of sixty years of postcards hidden inside several photo albums. Not having recovered from the devastating heartbreak of a divorce two
Suzanne
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Forever Friday reveals the secret to a lasting marriage in its portrayal of Gabe and Huck Alexander's sixty years of love and devotion from the 1920's to the 1980's. In the present day, Adam Colby, nursing a broken heart, finds several postcard albums at an estate sale and longs to know the story behind these postcard love poems written by Gabe and mailed to Huck every Friday for sixty years. With the help of the postcards and a family friend of the Alexanders, Adam learns the story and the ...more
Melissa
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it
When I read the back cover of this book I was really excited to read it. It sounds Nicholas Sparks-like and used to enjoy Nicholas Sparks but I stopped reading him because of too many steamy love scenes. So I was hoping for something similar but cleaner.

I hate to write about a book when I am disappointed but I need to be honest. I didn’t connect with this book at all. This is my opinion only and I am sure many other readers will love this book. Actually, this book as a lot of great reviews.

I
Casey
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I really wanted to fall in love with this story. It combines so many elements that I love in a great novel. Past and present. A dynamitic love story, the tumultuous era of speakeasies, the depression and love at first sight. The first chapter hooked me and the premise kept me reading, but I failed to truly “fall in love” as I thoroughly expected to.

It wasn’t that the story wasn’t any good or wasn’t worth my time in reading. But I think too much of the story was “told” to me. Too much
Maggie Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is the story of Huck and Gabe, who meet when he is selling her seafood, fall in love while she is engaged to another man and marry and have sixty blissful child free years together. (You would be blissful without kids. Just saying.)

My problems with the book:

1. Cheesy plot worthy of a Nicholas Sparks book.
2. Stilted dialogue and jokes which would sound funny only to drunks (fortunately, our h/h are heavy drinkers.)
3. Public Service Announcements - every once in a while the author had to
Linda
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would not classify this book as Christian fiction. Just as many people today consider a small element of referring to God as being a “Christian”. It goes much deeper!
What I did enjoy about the book was Huck & Gabe’s love story that continued for 60 years with only a tiny thread of wavering! Oh that today in our “free society” if couples would have the desire to have a “forever love & marriage”. I’ve witnessed several weddings throughout my 50 years of marriage that from the beginning
Teresa
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful story! What an amazing couple. And Gabe Alexander is a delightful husband. The fact that he writes a letter to his wife, Pearl, every Friday from the week they get married is astonishing.

And Adam Colby gets sucked into this wonderful love story of the Alexanders. The fact that the story goes back and forth between the time Gabe and Pearl first fall in love to today keeps you interested. The story flows and you never get irritated when you are suddenly drawn back to the
Claudia
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

At first I had a hard time switching heads—story starts out first person and switches throughout; I’m not a fan of this. Keep me in one head while I read.—but I came to an acceptance as the story itself grew on me. Adam is writing Huck and Gabe’s story as he discovers his own. Adam is in estate sales and he finds an album of postcards written by Gabe to his wife Huck every Friday for their sixty years together. Through Gabe and Huck’s story Adam discovers hope himself.
I enjoyed
Keleen Nichols
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A precious love story. I dearly loved the parts of the story about the guardian angle Mr Jack. I did not like the section about Huck’s old fiancé where he almost killed her. I had hope he had really changed inside when they first reconnected. I would recommend this book to all my friends. I chose this rating because I really enjoyed the book.

Melanie Wissel
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet story of a man who seeks forever love and the secret of happiness through marriage. Easy light read. I love the the found postcards which tell the story of the love of a man for a woman he cherishes.
Clara K Page
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really liked this book, no, I loved it. I couldn't put it down. Being divorced, I needed to find the answers to many of Adams questions and like him I found many of those answers in this beautifully written love story.
John T
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever Friday

Loved this book as do The Notebook;very similar yet quite different.But,in both HOPE is what kept the characters true throughout the story,&each offer HOPE to the reader!
Sharon Rudolph
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The beginning was slow and I almost have up on this book, but I am glad that I didnt. The characters were wonderful, watching their lives unfold in the pages was incredible! I am glad I finished this book.
Jolene
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed
Georgia
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Forever Friday: A Novel" by Timothy Lewis is a love story.

First sentence: "Some great romances worth the telling are never told, their lovers slipping silently between life's timeworn cracks only to be pitched with yesterday's trash."

PLOT

In the summer of 2006, Adam Colby is supervising one of his estate sales. The old house belonged to the Alexanders- a couple who have both passed away. Whilst perusing the contents during his day, he flicks through an old photograph album, and finds six decades
Annette
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quote:
"What saved Huck and Gabe from The Long Division wasn't 'romance,' but rather 'the willingness each of them had to continually choose each other OVER their own selfishness." (p. 279)
Nancy
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Kind of corn ball but those around the Houston Texas area will enjoy the familiar places.
Sallie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the premise of this book but it lacked a great deal so I was disappointed with the development of the story. Nice try but will not be recommending it to my book club.
Brandi
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adored

I adored this book
The writing brought joy to me
I would find myself smiling as I read
Winona
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely read! A sweet reminder that love can be eternal throughout the ups and downs of marriage and hope rings true!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Forever Friday 1 5 Nov 12, 2013 12:54PM

• On the Lookout (Lantern Beach P.D. #1)
  • The Jesus Cow
  • A Nest of Sparrows
  • A Patchwork Family (Angels of Mercy)
  • Courting Mr. Emerson
  • The Fiddler (Home to Hickory Hollow, #1)
  • Treasured Grace (Heart of the Frontier, #1)
  • Sisters
  • The Deepest Waters
  • The Silver Suitcase
  • Almost Paradise
  • Because of the Rain
  • Things Left Unsaid
  • Timepiece (The Christmas Box, #2)
  • The Letter (The Christmas Box, #3)
  • Whispers of the Bayou
  • The Last Letter from Juliet
  • Sister Secrets: A Brother's Reveal

TIMOTHY LEWIS is an author and playwright. He has authored more than twenty plays/musicals. In addition, he teaches a beginning novel writing class at West Texas A&M University and co-directs a summer writing academy. Timothy is also a professional speaker, cowboy poet, actor, and songwriter. He drew