Start by marking “Friends and Traitors (Slayers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Friends and Traitors (Slayers, #2)

Friends and Traitors

(Slayers #2)

The Slayers – teens who have powers to fight dragons—are back by popular demand in this high-octane sequel, now with a new cover package!

Tori is at a White House dinner party when she hears a horrifying sound: dragon eggs hatching. It means in less than a year, the dragons will be mature and dangerous. The Slayers are well-trained, but their group is not yet complete, and
Published October 15th 2013 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Friends and Traitors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Friends and Traitors

Sharon
Love triangle galore.

So this book is a bit cliché on several aspects, but it’s fun, simple, and I do love the group of characters we see in this book, particularly the new ones who are introduced here.

Willow seems like a secret badass. Ryker seems interesting.

And of course, I have loved Bess since the first book. I honestly have been hoping she would become one of the main characters. She’s hilarious.

The love triangle is obvious and predictable. I probably would have liked this more without i
Andrew
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, first-reads
Review of the advanced readers copy from giveaway;

Slayers Friends and traitors is the continuation of the slayers story with main character Tori learning she is part of a group of young people that must save the country from the threat of dragons. This book has everything you could hope for in a young adult book: a great villain, an interesting love triangle, a likable main character and secrets that are exposed. This is a book that grabs your attention on the first page and will make you not wa
Brooke
Great. Great, great, great. I hate waiting for the next book in a series. HATE IT!!!!!!!! And it seems like this one was a long time coming. I hope so much the next one comes out a little quicker. Fingers crossed.

Love that it's a clean read. Fantasy nowadays seems to be sooooo sexual. I can't pick up a book about fairies anymore without being assaulted by titillating whatnots. So once again another reson I love Janette R. Clean books in the genres we love. We can read fantasy without feeling lik
Tabitha
An good sequel, Friends and Traitors amps up the action and tension a few more notches than what we previously read in the first book Slayers. Ryker is finally present and low and behold there is another character that comes into the mix that I wouldn't have suspected would be a player at all. Oddly enough I actually liked how the triangle ended up playing out between Tori, Dirk and Jesse. This was pretty much the sort of thing I could see happening between actual teenagers. Not those exact deta ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
How long have I be waiting for this book? It feels like forever. I'm so, so happy it finally made it's way to me. :)

I think I may have enjoyed this book even more than the first. That's saying something good for this book because usually second books in the series are not quite as thrilling as the first. But, not this one. It was just as good, if not better.

There are a couple things that I really love about these books. First, the pacing. The story flows so well and I never felt the need to skim
Jacob Lewis
Personal Response
I think that this was a really good book. I like all the action that happened in it. I wonder why Dirk wanted Tori to betray the slayers and join him with helping his father Over Drake. I wish that Tori would have told the other slayers that she was a dragon lord instead of keeping it from them.

Plot Summary
Tori had to leave her family for a day to help the other slayers fight Over Drake.Tori's skills for fighting are becoming as good as Jesse's. Her and Jesse got into a fight an
 Marla
My biggest problem with this book is that the next book is not out yet and I'll have to wait to read on. I like the characters and the action in this series, so I went looking for the author's alter identity in order to read more of her books. So I will have to try one of Jannette Rallison's romance novels! (view spoiler) ...more
Karissa
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to Slayers and it has been a long wait for this book (Slayers released in 2011). It was an excellent follow-up to that story. There is a lot of action, some teen drama, and some awesome twists and turns.

Dragon Camp is wrapping up for the summer. All the campers are off to lead their normal teenage lives, that is until Tori hears the dragon eggs hatch. Then Dirk convinces her it is just a trick being played by Overdrake to make her think they hatched. Tori is unsure what to thi
Kathryn Cooper
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on Clean Teen Fiction

I LOVED IT! It was a great 2nd book of the series.

I love the characters, both good and bad. Tori was one tough girl. She doesn't always believe in herself which makes her vulnerable, and I liked her for it. She was so smart and creative and surprised those who thought she couldn't train fast enough to catch up to the other Slayers' abilities. The scenes that had Tori with Jesse and Tori with Dirk were my favorite! How could she pick between two great and very diff
M R
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
C.J. Hill blew me away with the first book in the Slayers series. Modern dragon slayers and real dragons in our everyday world is just brilliant! Her characters were all real and interesting, and had the coolest abilities. I definitely want to be a Slayer. ;)
I was excited to receive the newest book, Friends and Traitors. Already from the title I knew it would be full of suspense and conflict. I wasn't disappointed.

Tori returns eager to learn more about her Slayer heritage, but time has run out.
Kathy Martin
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This sequel to SLAYERS is even more action-packed than the first book and it is packed with emotions too. Tori has spent the summer training to be a dragon slayer and falling in love with Jesse. Now, the end of camp has come and Jesse wants to end the relationship too. Tori is heartbroken and turns to her counterpart Dirk for comforting. She sees Dirk as a friend but Dirk is in love with her too and wants a different relationship. Since Dirk and Jesse have been best friends for years this damage ...more
Emily (Infinite Lives, Infinite Stories)
Even better than the first book!

With new challenges and old foes, Tori and her friends must reach Ryker before Dirk. Filled with even more action, suspense, and dragons, this book will not disappoint!

The desperation for Tori and Dirk to just get together could not be any more real! You can definitely see how the two feel for each other, but their own personal insecurities, family, and friends approval continuously destroy the possibility. I love the internal conflicts between Tori and Dirk. Oh
Kaitie Cavataio
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had to have this book when it came out. I loved the first Slayers and I could not wait to read the second one!
First of it, it stays true to the plot. Kids fighting dragons. It picks up a little bit after where the first left off so the reader isn't trying to guess what happened and why the book jumped a bunch of months. No it's nothing like that.
It kept me guessing. And I can't pick which boy I like more. Dirk or Jesse. They're both fantastic characters and they both have their flaws which i
Elizabeth Dyck
Lately I’ve been really fascinated by the fantasy world. You know all the vampires, werewolves, demons, and etc. Well this book just hit one of the top of my favorites for the genre.

Slayers: Friends and Traitors is an awesome book that I just couldn’t put down. It held me captive through every single chapter. It was amazingly well written and the timing of the book didn’t seem to drag at all or hurry up the story.

I think my favorite characters in the book have to be Tori and Dirk who are also th
Alice Liu
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Terrific second book in the series. This is more action packed than the first one as slayers find themselves separated and under attack. You really feel for Dirk even though you just want to beat him about the head and shoulders to wake him up. He is so desperate for his father's approval that he is willing to give up his own happiness with his friends. The teams at Slayer Camp had worked so hard in building trust that Tori and Jesse willingly fed him secrets out of respect and friendship. Throu ...more
Aisha
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
So, so good.

I'm pretty sure I have a weakness when it comes to summer camp books because I can never not put them down. When you have a summer camp book about dragon slaying? Written by Janette Rallison??

I.
AM.
SOLD.

I'm usually hesitant about reading sequels because they never live up to the first one but I didn't have to worry about that here because this one picks up where the last left off (more or less).

In this one, Tori is dealing with her conflicting feelings for Dirk versus Jesse. I'm no
Tarra

I've figured it out. It's not the story I don't like It's the MC. It's the reason why I want to finish the books, the storyline is great. The action scenes are great. All the other characters are great. Victoria Hamptom sucks giant, whiney, piney, cowardly, monkey balls

So I didn't call the traitors' actions... it all went down a little differently. Good job Hill, way to keep me guessing!

But Tori, god Tori. All.she whined about was Jesse. I'm at the point where I don't care to see them t
Gaylene
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review advanced readers copy.

I went into this book a bit skeptical because I usually don't like second books in a series. But this book was pretty much a stand alone with a few loose strings that can be tied up in the next book. I liked hanging out with the characters, I was glad the love triangle wasn't too over the top, and I appreciated how CJ Hill seamlessly reminded me of what happened in the first book. I was only disappointed when I finished reading and realized I have to wait a whole oth
Kacie
THOUGHTS:

Before Reading:

Ohmygod. So excited. I've been waiting for this book for so long! It has everything that I love in it. Dragons, summer camp, action, horses, powers and romance! Can I ask for anything more?!

This is an ARC and was provided by First Reads on Goodreads.

After Reading:

Be still, my heart. It's melting! Tori and Jesse. Need I say more? Need I say more? No. Add that to butt kicking action against dragons. Just stop. I love, love, love, love this author. I have now made it my lif
Erin BookNut
JC
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-firsttime, owned, 2013
Received this book as a giveaway and actually quite enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting too much out of it, and I can say that I'm sure I missed a lot of what was going on as I have never read the first book in the series, but I can say that this felt like a solid second entry.

I definitely enjoyed the concept of the dragon slayers and thought the overall story was fun. It feels like a pretty standard YA series, so if that's what you're into then you should enjoy this book.
Tiana
Aug 06, 2013 added it
I don't know why I didn't leave a review the first time I read this ... *shrugs*. But it was just as fun the second time around. I loved the twists and turns this one took. One minute you would think the characters were finally safe, but nope. I also liked that it had a different setting than the first book (which took place at camp), in that it takes place during the school year (not that they spend much time in school...).

Can't wait for book three!
Suzana
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. It has more action. I both liked Dirk and wanted to smack him. You could really feel his conflict. His struggle is what stuck with me long after I closed the book and that was the scripture about serving two masters and you will either love the one and hate the other. I think this situation is a good example of that.
Natalie Carroll
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I am amazed at Hill's talent for writing. I love the humor she has placed in her characters and the way they persevere through hard trials with positivity. I thoroughly enjoy each adventure they go on--whether it be slaying dragons or flying romantically through the forest. Hill has created beautiful characters who enhance the story and draw you in the moment you start reading.
Jessica
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really excited to see what happens next. This book was even better than the first, because the familiarity with the characters lets Hill (and the reader) have a bit more fun. I like the moral conflict of whether or not the dragons should be killed, and what side Dirk and even Tori should be on.
AliceAnn
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ahhh, we finally got to see some more dragons! Also glad we got to see more of Ryker and Willow. Looking forward to even more dragon action in the next book. Will Ryker's little sister, and Dirk's little sister, also become Slayers? Dragon lords? Dragon kabobs? When is the third book coming out?
Rachel
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Usually I'm hesitant on expecting great things from sequels. But not today people! This was a fantastic sequel and I loved reading it!! Great writing, fantastic dialogue, funny quips in it....and of course some totally hawwwt kissing scenes. Loved this book!
Tamera Westhoff
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, even if all of the characters didn't have very big parts, it was still amazing! The things they have to go through in order to protect themselves is crazy! I love how the romance can still continue!
Cyndy Deleon
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea this was a sequel. Not until I got in good reads. The story is so well told I never felt like I missed anything from the first book. Almost done with it and now need to go back and read the first lol
Ty
Aug 31, 2013 added it
Just finished Slayers. October 15th come faster.But now she cant be with Jesse, she can be with Dirk though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ah 3 11 Feb 02, 2015 01:13AM

• A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Azar o seu!
  • Son of War, Daughter of Chaos
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Reign Storm (Demon Princess, #4)
  • Kissing Frogs
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Relax, I'm a Ninja (Relax, I'm a Ninja, #1)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Anjo da Morte (Os Karas, #3)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • The Rogue's Princess (The Lacey Chronicles, #3)
  • Green
  • Day After (The 19th Year, #2)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • Brother, Brother
  • Blood Magic (Divided Realms #3)
C.J. Hill is the pseudonym for a popular young adult author who makes her fantasy debut with Slayers.

Slayers (4 books)
  • Slayers (Slayers, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (Slayers, #3)
  • The Dragon Lords (Slayers, #4)
“Sometimes it takes time for people to realize who they are.” 0 likes