Start by marking “Nousuvesi” as Want to Read:
Nousuvesi

Nousuvesi

(Chesapeake Bay Saga #2)

Kalastaja Ethan Quinn on rauhallinen mies, jonka sydän on yhtä suuri kuin hänen rakastamansa kalavedet. Marylandin itärannikonsydän kalastajat viettävät yksinkertaista elämää, lähtevät vesille joka aamu, asettelevat rapumertansa ja poimivat ostereita vedenalaisista kätköistä.

Ethan hankkii elantonsa lahden vesistä ja kamppailee saadakseen haparoivan veneenrakennusyrityksen
Published May 2014 by Gummerus (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Nousuvesi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nousuvesi

Diane
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series!
An awesome and interesting storyline that dealt with what brotherhood meant -- this was the best book in the series i think because of the good storytelling and writing (paperback!)
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers / Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
Rising Tides is the second book in Nora Roberts' Chesapeake Bay / Quinn Brothers saga. It features the middle brother, Ethan, who was the 2nd boy rescued by Ray and Stella Quinn and given a new life. He's the epitome of the saying "still waters run deep." Ethan may be able to hold his own in a fight with his brothers, but he prefers to take things slow, to think them through and doesn't see the need to chatter unless there's something that really needs to be said. He's battered and scarred from ...more
Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars

Another great book in the series. And another sudden ending, but I'm getting used to it since all stories are connected and the character stories don't end with each book as they appear through all 4 books.

This time story focus is on Ethan, the second brother, continuing directly after the last book ended.
And I loved it. I admit I was frustrated sometimes with the beating around the bush thing going on between the two center characters but I also loved it and I'm glad
Tiffany PSquared
The second book in the series picks up right where Sea Swept left off - Anna and Cam are on their honeymoon, Phillip is commuting to the house on the bay every weekend to help build the new boat and care for their new brother, Seth. Seth is finally blending into his new family with help from Ethan, the steady, thoughtful, fisherman/craftsman who now has his eyes set on something more than just the next crab pot. But can he let go of his past in order to finally move forward?

What I Liked:
-The c
Glamdring
*Review without spoilers*

Ray and Stella had taken them in, three half-grown boys, all wild, all damaged, all strangers. And had made them a family.

Oh, my, Grace thought with her nose pressed up against the window. Oh, my. If she’d ever seen two more impressive examples of the male form, she couldn’t say when. She’d only intended to sneak a quick glance. Really. Just one innocent little peek. But then Ethan had peeled off his shirt and...

Another multiple re read I don’t tire of...

This book pi
Cyndi
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book needs a major trigger warning: there is child abuse. Although it's in the past it is still very disturbing.
Ethan had a horrific childhood. By the time the Quinn's saved him he was almost dead and completely without hope. They helped him to heal but he still carried a hurt on his soul and never saw himself worthy of love, marriage and especially children.
Grace always loved him. A strong single mother. She is willing to work hard and gives heartily to others, but her pride keeps her
Helena
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"No voy a ser capaz de darte la oportunidad de vivir sin mí, después de todo."

Enamorada es poco de esta historia. Creí que el primer libro de La Bahía iba a ser insuperable, me equivoqué. La historia de Ethan me ha durado un día, lo he devorado y lo he cerrado con ganas de más. Quiero seguir leyendo a estos hermanos, aunque creo que me quedo con Ethan y su carácter pensativo, su fragilidad, su fuerza.

Cada vez tengo más claro que los libros de Nora Roberts escritos antes del 200-2005 son los mejo
valee
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
Awwww... you know,until I discovered this author I considered myself a practical, levelheaded and down-to-Earth kind of woman. Not all the time, but most of it I try to be reasonable and sensible when I have to make a decision. I never fuss or get distressed on situations that tend to make most people altered and upset. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not of the emotional type, more the analyze-every-freaking-detail-before-making-a-decision type of girl. So then why do I keep getting surprise ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Better than the first book, I think, but not by a lot. Ethan isn't the demanding jerkwad that Cam is, but he has his own neuroses and it was layered on rather thick. The whole "I'm tragically flawed and must be alone" thing was rather self-indulgent and that stood against every other aspect of his life.

That said, Grace was nine kinds of awesome, even if (view spoiler)
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars!

I am often amazed when I read a Nora Roberts book. The opening of this book is just so lovely in terms of place, feeling, and character. How does she do this so prolifically?

I love that Ethan is a working class hero and so devoted to his family. The loved forever theme is a fun one and Grace is great as well.

Roberts writing shines but I am kept from falling in love with this book because I want to send Ethan to therapy and want what happens at the end of the book to occur in the midd
Mo
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another sweet read. I liked Ethan and Grace although Ethan was a bit stubborn at times. I know he had a tough upbringing prior to meeting the Quinns, but ...

Interesting storyline about Seth. Want to keep reading so that I find out what the little mystery is but might wait a while. I really think some of these older kindle books should be a bit cheaper!! But that is just me, probably.

Nice to catch up with the characters from the first book.

Elia
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡Muy bonito! Me han gustado mucho las personalidades de Ethan y Grace, serenos pero fuertes y luchadores. Pensaba que el final iba a ser un poco más profundo pero aún así me gustó que la tranquilidad y parsimonia explotara.
Si he visto algunos fallos con respecto al libro anterior, como el nombre del perro, los años que tenían o algunas fechas que te estropea un poco la lectura. Pero en conjunto muy bonito y entretenido.
Vi ❤ Inkvotary
I am in tears. I knew that it would be very emotional to read it again - even after all those years. But I never thought that it would touch me again like it did, when I read it the first time many years ago. A beautiful and touching saga ...

This is one of the most beautiful series, Nora Roberts has ever written. No matter how long it has been since Ive read those series the first time, it is always a pleasure to re-read it. And everytime I do so I find something new that catches my eye and get
Lisa Kay
★★★★ Very well narrated by David Stuart. I hesitate to give this 4 stars b/c there are parts that are a tiny bit tedious; nevertheless, I have come to care for these characters of Nora Roberts’ Chesapeake Bay Saga*, and I certainly want to find out what happens next. I don’t think this book, the second in the series, is a “stand-alone”; definitely Ethan and Grace’s on-going story would be enjoyed more if the first one, Sea Swept (Cam & Grace’s story), were read first.

description

The Quinns are three men
Laura V.
3,5/5

Al principio lo adoré, Ethan es tan lindo, adorable, tranquilo, es un sol. Tiene sus partes malas, pero me encanta todo de él. La pareja que hace Grace es preciosa, porque se han amado desde siempre y aquí no tengo problemas para creerme el flechazo a primera vista. Ellos ya tienen una base.
Pero creo que todo se vino a bajo para mí cuando Grace toma cartas en el asunto, no sé, me pareció tan desesperada por Ethan. Me gustaba la dulzura que tenían hasta... ese momento. Luego ella lo aborda,
Cathy
Oh, Nora. Why did you have to go and screw this up for me?

This wasn't what I wanted for them. Ethan had a few too many me-Tarzan-you-Jane moments during the first half of this book, and I wasn't wild about the revelation that Grace had been practically pining for him all these years. (Ethan was too, essentially, but that was already more than clear from book 1).

I was still more into the romance than in the first book, so I did enjoy this for the most part. Unfortunately, it lost another star rig
Rachel
Feb 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NR already wrote this story, only she titled it The Heart of Devon MacKade. The similarities are far too many to count between the two. It's actually a bit ridiculous! I swear RT's Grace is HoDM's Cassie's doppelganger! The only difference between the two characters was their eye color!! So why am I not pissed that I just paid to read virtually the same story twice? Because this simple story appeals to me on so many levels. You got the small town community where everybody knows everybody. The ti ...more
Elena
Marginally better than the first book ... but far from great!

The characters were somewhat annoying and too "goody-goody"! Too much drama between Grace and Ethan and then an overly simplistic solution in the end.

I realized again why Anna (heroine from book#1) was annoying me in the last book! Because she's so pushy and aggressive! For example: Grace tells her that she and Ethan made out but Ethan told her he's not interested and they can't do this again, plus that he rejected her a few times al
Alex is The Romance Fox
The 2nd book in Nora Robert’s Chesapeake Bay Saga continues with the lives of the adopted brothers, Cameron, Ethan, Phillip and Seth Quinn, who all have painful histories and were adopted by the amazing Ray & Stella Quinn when they were children.
[image error] photo images32_zpsdc536bc5.jpg

Ethan had always shared his father’s passion for Chesapeake and whilst the other two brothers – the gypsy Cam had traveled the world racing boats and cars and Phillip, the urbane city lover advertising hotshot moved away, he stayed home
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
This book is boring and annoying. I don't particularly like Ethan or Grace, though I hate Grace even more.

Nothing much happens here. Seth is even more annoying than ever. He punches Ethan in the face twice, and a few more times in the stomach. Actually punches him, with all his might! The stupid little kid! Yeah, he had a sucky few years of childhood, but that doesn't give him the right to punch his guardian! And not even get in trouble for it! I'm sorry, but Ethan should at least have yelled a
Val
So sad to give the second book in the Chesapeake Bay Saga 3 stars after I gave the first book 5, but I didn't love it.

Rising Tides continues the story of the Quinn brothers, though it focuses on Ethan (the second kid Ray and Stella Quinn adopted) and Grace, a single mother who's been in love with him since pretty much... forever (and who Ethan has been in love with since always as well).

The book is actually too focused on them, on their romance. I would've loved that because I'm a sucker for rom
Teresa
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much better than book one. I love Nora's series when they focus on siblings such as this. All of their pasts are heartbreaking, but so far Ethan's has been the hardest. The romance in this book was good, but it was how Ethan and Seth connected that really touched me.
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Cada tanto es refrescante leer un romance con un héroe Beta, ya cansa que los tipos sean siempre tan "viriles/masculinos/imponentes/directos/arrogantes" , me encanto que Ethan fue tan serio, tranquilo, respetuoso, etc, etc. Hubo momentos en que peca de paternalista con Grace pero se entiende por qué hace lo que hace y es desde un buen lugar, lo que quiero decir es que no tiene un pensamiento machista que lo respalde, sino que él es así con todas las personas a las que ama.

Fue una buena lectura,
Darcy
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, audio-book, romance
I liked this one, but Ethan frustrated me to no end with his attitude towards Grace. I wanted to them to be together, but hated why Ethan didn't think it could happen. I loved it that Anna helped Grace go after Ethan. The girls friendship should worry the brothers, they will have them all wrapped around their fingers all the while subtly ripping them a new one when they need it.

While I liked where things ended with Ethan and Grace, for me the highlight of the book was the tough truth that Ethan
Brenda (b)
This one is just as good as the first. Even though it's more centered on the romance, the family theme is still a strong element and that's a good thing. Ethan has got to be the most controlled guy I've read about in a long time. But man, once or twice there I wanted to give him a kick in the rear to get him moving a bit faster. LOL! I like how Ray isn't a big central element of the story. He doesn't really reveal anything not already known and he doesn't interfere, just seems to reaffirm the lo ...more
Glamdring
*Buddy listening with Blacky <333*

Here's the link to my previous review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Jane Stewart
Not good as a stand alone story, but good as part of the series. The characters are quiet, hard-working, and pleasant.

THE SERIES:
The Chesapeake Bay series includes four books which tell a continuing story about a family. Ray and Stella Quinn adopt three troubled boys who came from abusive homes. In the first three books the boys are about 30 years old. They left home, have good jobs and are single. Stella died several years earlier. In the beginning of the first book Ray took in another boy, 10-
Mojca
Ethan Quinn. The quiet one. The steady one. Always staying close to home, living on and for the water. Because of his past and dark secrets buried in that past, he's decided long ago never to marry, never to have a family. And because of that he thinks he can never have the one woman he loves, the one he's loved forever—Grace Monroe.

Unfortunately he didn't consider his sister-in-law's stubbornness. Or Grace's determination.

While the first book in this quartet, Sea Swept , delivered on the pro
Lissa
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
I am currently re-reading several novels because I want to mark them in Goodreads--yeah, OCD. No matter how many times I read Rising Tides- and it's at least once a year- I end up in tears because it is just SO DAMN GOOD!!
Ethan is another of the Quinn boys- brought into the family through the love and patience of Stella and Ray. But to say he has a lot of baggage is an understatement, and all of his insecurities may keep him from Grace, the woman he's loved since she was a girl.
Hell- I can't eve
Janine
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Not as good as the first in the series, but will persevere with number 3.
Bless Ethan's Heart, People!! 1 3 Jan 23, 2018 11:49AM
The Challenge Fac...: Runell & Elena - Rising Tides 11 18 Feb 02, 2017 07:16PM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Rising Tides January 2015 Book of the Month 21 43 Jan 29, 2015 12:30PM
Goodreads Librari...: incorrect book description ISBN 9783453161290 3 12 Dec 29, 2013 03:51AM
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Seduction in Death (In Death, #13)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Disgraced Playboy (The Notorious Wolfes, #2)
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • Double Take
  • A Night of Scandal (The Notorious Wolfes, #1)

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)
  • Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #4)
“The wounded recognized the wounded.” 124 likes
“There was nothing like a Saturday - unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation. That of course was all the Saturdays of your life rolled into one big shiny ball.” 61 likes