Start by marking “Among the Dead” as Want to Read:
Among the Dead

Among the Dead

Seattle is under siege by masses of living dead, and the military struggles to prevent the virus from spreading outside the city.
Kate is tired of sitting around. When she learns that a rescue mission is heading back into the chaos, she jumps at the chance to tag along and put her unique skill set and, more importantly, swords to use.

Lester finds a new way to deal with the
Published by Permuted Press (first published January 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Among the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among the Dead

Stephanie Lunsford
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie-books
Seriously if you don't check out Among the Living the 1st book of the series, then get Among the Dead by Timothy Long... you will be missing out on a fabulous series! *****Timothy check out last line!!!!****
This Series is based out of Seattle & has several main characters. These are not your usual characters either.
Mike- is a reporter that finds love in book 1 & finds loss as well. In AtD he finds himself in many scary situations but he also finds himself in a great position to get the s
Justin
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
First off, Among the Dead is the sequel (and second in a planned trilogy) to Timothy Long's zombie apocalypse novel Among the Living. If you haven't read that book, this one is going to be hard to get into. Second, I have to admit I didn't love Among the Living. There were things I liked, namely the four main characters, but it wasn't the easiest book to get into. Still, I liked it enough to give Among the Dead a go, and I'm glad I did, as Long shows some real progress here.

In this book, we revi
Holden Attradies
Apr 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, zombie
The first book had an interesting enough set up and was in a location I was familiar with, so I was willing to give the second book in the series a chance in hopes that the writing got better and the story payed off in the ways I hoped it would. I was VERY disappointed.

The writing didn't get better, if anything it got worse. Whole huge sections of the story were filled with characters that did nothing to move the plot or story forward and were killed having had no effect on anything. Characters
Angela Crawford
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

Lester finds a new way to deal with the situation: ignore reality with drugs. When he manages to find himself threatened, he joins with an unlikely ally to take the
Badseedgirl
What a difference a few years more experience can do for a writer. When I read his first novel Among The Living I was sorely disappointed in Mr. Long's writing and had no intention of reading more work by the man. But I put myself on the waiting list for this the second book when I got out the first and forgot, so when it came available I just decided to read it anyway. They are fast reads. I'm glad I gave Mr. Long a second look because Among The Dead was a vast improvement over his first attemp ...more
T.L. Decay
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tim Long is one of my favorite authors. He writes about humanity while dealing with the undead. His characters are brazenly different. There are few cliche to ever leave his fingertips at the key board. From a serial killer that is one of the most sympathetic characters you will ever read, to a journalist that is trying to put his life together in the middle of an outbreak. Where in the world did he find a spot in his creative mind to make a drug dealer a hero and a rock star that finds "metal" ...more
RJ
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, I liked it more as it went on. Kate is quite the conundrum; I like her and dislike the "other". She has become one of my favorite characters; quite conflicted to say the least. I wonder if she was the muse for Walking Dead's katana wielding female? There must be another book coming since this one comes to a close as Seattle is "cleansed", but without complete closure. Ah yes, the prologue announces that there is another "Among the Ashes". I look forward to it.
Tom
Though not as fresh or as good as the first book the series, it's still a solid entry to the zombie/apocalyptic genre. I wanted to find out what happened to Mike and Kate who at the end of book 1 had arrived at supposed sanctuary of the Seattle sports stadium. This book covers the week after this, with plently of action, and dealing with the consequences of the first book. The ending was pretty sad and shocking.
Robert Kangas
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. The writing style made a really noticeable improvement since the first novel, which made the book much more pleasant to read. The plot and the characters were great. I could have done without being introduced to so many characters that didn't have a real role in the story, but that's just a minor nitpick. I can't wait for the next story to come out.
Colin Buckland
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good continuation of Among the Living with the main characters returning and now relatively safe within the stadium, but as we all know with zombie books, nothing is ever 100% safe. Finished with a bang, literally, and a rather shocking incident so I'm looking forward to the release of Among the Ashes to see how it all finishes off.
Carly Kirk
Wondering...

I'm definitely wondering where on earth the story is going to go from where it ended in this one. The story is interesting, but things are really grim and I like a story with a little more hope.
Cri
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. characters were developed and I became totally engrossed in the book. The writing was vivid and I felt as though I jas right there with the characters trying to survive
Tony
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once again Tim doesn't disappoint. Can't wait for Among the Ashes!
Kirsten Graves
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this more than book one (less sex and women's bodies described in massive detail). would recommend to fellow zombie fans. can't wait to hear the last part! .
jamie Cervelli
Jan 18, 2014
Melissa Fisher
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Zombie Invasion (Zora Baker, #2)
  • Necropolis Now (Zombie Ascension #1)
  • 900 Miles (900 Miles #1)
  • Virginia is for Zombies
  • Dead Living
  • The King of Clayfield
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas
  • The Z Club
  • Days of Love and Blood
  • Survivor Roundup (Zombie West #2)
  • Sanctuary in Steel
  • Fever (Flu, #2)
  • The Reaper Within
  • Sun Bleached Winter
  • Deadly Road
  • Dead Endz (Zombie Games, #3)
  • Elements of the Undead Omnibus (Elements of The Undead #1-3)
Timothy W. Long has been writing tales and stories since he could hold a crayon and has also read enough books to choke a landfill. He has a fascination with all things zombies, a predilection for weird literature, and a deep-seated need to jot words on paper and thrust them at people.

Tim is the author of the horror novels Beyond the Barriers, Among the Living, and the forthcoming sequel - Among t