Start by marking “Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)” as Want to Read:
Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)

Raid

(Unfinished Hero #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  29,737 ratings  ·  1,902 reviews
Hanna Boudreaux has lived in the small town of Willow, Colorado all her life. The great-granddaughter of the town matriarch, she's sweet, cute and quiet.

Too quiet.

Hanna has a moment of epiphany when she realizes her crush for forever, Raiden Ulysses Miller, is not ever going to be hers. She sees her life as narrow and decides to do something about it.

Raiden Miller is the t
Published February 25th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Raid, please sign up.

·  29,737 ratings  ·  1,902 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

(My casting for Raid ^^)

‘Cause all you gotta know is, it’s gonna be you and only you until the day I die… You’re not just enough for me. You’re everything I want.”

The Queen of Alpha Males strikes again!

Ohhhhh the ANTICIPATION of starting a Kristen Ashley book!! Its like Christmas and birthday all rolled into one. I saw there for a good several minutes with my heart pounding just starting at the first page. Starting a KA book gives me the same feeling as jumping off a diving board –
Kristen
4 FEEL–GOOD Stars

Let's face it–Kristen Ashley writes romance like no other!

What a great book! In this story, Kristen Ashley gives us a solid, admirable hero and two amazing 5 star characters in Hanna, the heroine, and her great-grandmother, Miss Mildred. How I loved this amazing great-grandmother. She's the shining star of the story. Hanna is now my all-time favorite Kristen Ashley heroine. She's everything I love in a strong female lead. She's simply divine! As for the epilogue...well...it's on
Vishous
buddy read with Jamie and girls on 28th!!!!!

ok this is my first KA review! I never wrote them because they would all be the same pretty much but my fingers are hovering over my keyboard and I just have to.
Don't get me wrong now, I love KA books, my first was SWEET DREAMS with TATE and I will always love that book! But my favorite one would be AT PEACE with CAL! I re-read those books dozens of times and those two I will never get tired of. I never really liked Knight and the one with the vampire
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 hot, exciting, romantic stars!

Raid is the third book in Kristen Ashley’s Unfinished Hero series and right from the start, grabbed hold and never let go. It’s sweet, it’s funny, it’s sexy... yep! It’s all kinds of awesome!
Description...

Too quiet.

~ Becs ~
For an awesome Kristen Ashley Giveaway, pop over to Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews!

photo raidsreward_zpsfc341d65.png

It’s been a while since I’ve been in the loving arms of a Kristen Ashley alpha hero and it’s so nice to be back – it kind of feels like coming home. When I first discovered Kristen Ashely, I read her books slavishly but, now, I have to wait for new releases and I was so excited and honoured to received an ARC of Raid and I’m delighted to report that it’s another classic Kristen Ashley – compelling, romantic and sexy
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥

ALL HAIL KRISTEN ASHLEY, QUEEN OF ALPHA MALES!

description

Kristen, you are killing me... Every damn time! I've reached a point that I measure all the men in my life using your "scale". I want a boyfriend/man that will back me up against a wall, call me a loveable and ridiculous nickname, knock my socks off in and out of bed and order me around while I'm replying: "Alright, honey" and do whatever the hell I want...

description

You are ABSOFUCKINGMAZING and you have us hooked.

4 Stars

“My reward.”

This book is no excep
Stacey is Sassy
Reading Raid - 5 Stars

Listening to Raid - 1 Star...and I may never recover from that horrible experience.

****

So I persevered until the very end and I have to say that the audio pretty much ruined my Raid experience. My rating will stay at 5 stars for the read...but I'm tempted to read it again just to cleanse me from that nightmare.

That bloody audio, the narrator butchered poor Raid's voice. Hannah's wasn't much better, but at least it was appropriate. There is nothing worse than listening to a
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
WHY KIT? WHY????????? Why that ending? No, you didn't spoil us with all your wonderful HEA... Can we go back to that? Please???

description

As you can see I am not a happy camper and I was the self appointed mayor of all that is KA shoving it down into everyone's throat to read (in a nice way of course)... but this... this! I did not expect. That ending alone almost erased all the hotness that was before.

So to deal with this I am developing an amnesia... and the story OFFICIALLY ended Pre-Prologue... THERE
Christy
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 ‘Absofuckingmazing’ Stars!!!!!

Let me introduce you to my new favorite KA couple...

Raiden Ulysses Miller
 photo f1f199c1-a53c-42a7-97c4-0e7d0b564f4f_zpsef7d8387.jpg

Hanna Boudreaux
 photo 1467cbf4-01a6-4ed1-b3b6-2c7c4249149e_zps6ac88cea.jpg

Hanna Boudreaux has had a crush on Raiden Miller since she has been six years old. She is now in her late twenties. She lives in the house she grew up in, is the town sweetheart, and helps take care of her ninety eight year old great grams. She owns her own business, and spends most of her free time reading, watching movies etc. Not the most exciting life.
Raiden has been
Alex is The Romance Fox
I loved Knight https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... , Creed https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... , so-so.
Raid is the 3rd book in Kristen Ashley’s Unfinished Heroes Series and I enjoyed it immensely….one of the reasons being the heroine’s grandmother. She was such a fabulous and unforgettable character……
“Don’t get ideas. That boy’s behind won’t mount a bike, precious. He might blow one up in a military exercise, but he’s not gonna ride alongside you while you mosey into town and pick up
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
Another FanFreakinTastic 5 Star KA Read!!!!

This is best and my favorite (so far...) in KA's "Unfinished Hero" series. Raiden Ulysses Miller is delicious . Hanna is sweet, real, and very likable. The big surprise was Hanna's scene stealing adorable and worldly Great Gram & her cat Spot!! Nobody does swoon worthy hot uber alpha males like Kristen Ashley and Raid is no exception.

photo f01de435f53692ce01d3b316bdc8c7f2_zps33ed32fd.jpg

Hanna fell in love with Raid when she played tug of war on his team when she was 6 yrs old. Twenty plus years late
ღFloღ the coffee addict
4 porch swings and sweet rewards STARS

“If you’re the kind of woman who can withstand the blaze of hellfire he’s got burning inside, he battles that and wins, you will know nothing for the rest of your life, no taste, no experience, not even the birth of your children that will be sweeter than the love he’ll have for you.”

Oh man, that was all kinds of sweet and adorable and naughty and heartbreaking and a little cheesy...but in a good way...I think. ;D

Book number three in the Unfinished Hero
Ingie
Written April 27, 2015

4.2 Stars - A very sweet sharing / giving / growling / mumbling / etc... tender hot KA

Raid is a Kristen Ashley book that has been waiting in my e-reader more than two years now. When I saw there was a newly published audiobook I cheered and downloaded it at onc. ~ Just three more bucks and hope of 9:30 hours well invested listening time.
“Babe, tell me right now you aren’t fuckin’ with me.”
“I’m kind of fucking with you in the hopes that you’ll return the favour,” I replied.
Auntee
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone; KA fans don't miss it!
No synopsis here, just thoughts...

Well I give up. I finished this book over a week ago and still haven't written a review? And do you know why? Because I've run out of superlatives for this author. Every KA book that I've read has been a winner, but this one...Raid...and Hanna? I've just loved them so much...words escape me. I'm not even going to try anymore. Everything about this one worked for me--muscular, former Marine drop-dead-gorgeous alpha tough guy (but not over-the-top alpha like so ma
Shelley
Sitting down with a KA novel you know what you are going to get, it’s agreed.
For loyal fans everywhere KA books are a blanket of love, hope, optimism and (let’s be honest) wishful thinking. These books are for the girl in all of us who want to be wrapped up in the arms of a big strong handsome hunky hero (anti or not), finding, conquering and fixing the man, who is your soul mate who will love and adore YOU above all others no matter how fat your arse is.

This is the perfect formula for romance
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MINI ORGASM ALERT~~MINI ORGASM ALERT~~ MINI ORGASM ALERT

Right, sorry about that....on with the review.....

So before I begin I think it's only fair that I be totally honest with you. I am a HUGE KA fan, I've read everything she's every written and it never grows old for me. In fact I'd even go as far as saying she could probably recite the alphabet and throw in a few badass alphas and a feisty chick and I'd lap it up, that's how big a fan I am.

In fact this is pretty much me, reading a KA book;

R
Ravioli Rachel

4 out of 5 stars

Full Review below...

HAPPY DANCE!!!

Happy Dance

The day of reckoning has arrived, a whole day early!!!

So, I feel a bit like a selfish spoiled child, but I find myself a bit disappointed with the Unfinished Hero Series because they are so much shorter than other K.A. novels. Sometimes personally, I just feel like I need more. Maybe this is because it's what I've grown used to with K.A.'s other novels but... ugh I can't help but feel like the stories lack just a bit of depth that we've grown
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I was underwhelmed with this read. I always struggle with books that have the "I've loved you forever" theme, so that could be the reason. I love experiencing the development of feelings in these relationships, and because there was already those strong feelings for the h (who is our main POV) -- I missed all of that. It just made it so I didn't personally connect with the characters or their connection to each other (I hope that makes sense). I didn't hate it and I didn
Brandi
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brandi by: Jennifer Kyle
“You’re my reward, Hanna.”

At 6 years old Hanna Boudreaux fell in love with 9 year old Raiden Miller. But he didn't notice her, for years. So even though they grew up in the same small town, they never really interacted. As the years pass, Hanna continues to crush on Raiden. Now, years later, he has returned home a hero, but he still doesn't notice Hanna. So, Hanna decides to let go of her dream, and makes some changes. And guess what...He notices her. This was a fun read, and pretty short com
Karla
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

4 1/2 Stars!! RAID RULES!!! Kristen Ashley works her magic once again!!

Review to follow...

**ARC kindly provided to Swept Away By Romance by Kristen Ashley and Chas in exchange for an honest review**

Ash Wednesday
God, the agony of writing this review.

I devoured Kristen Ashley's backlist one book after the other (nearly all of them) in a month's time and since reading my first book of hers The Gamble I haven't looked back. She's like chicken soup, you go to your KA favorite when you've been having a bad book slump to make all things right again. And she does a pretty good job doing it. I never underestimate the healing power of Alex and Feb or Max and Nina.

So understandably, any KA release for me is some
XxTainaxX
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once Raiden finally notices Hannah, all the bad he's gone through makes sense. Hannah is his reward. Because he took his sweet time seeing her, Hannah finds it hard to believe he really does see her. Raiden is hailed as town hero but there's much more to him. A lot of it, in pieces that need to be put together. Hannah is a sweetheart. Innocence in pink but with this awesome sexy wildcat side in bed that just drives Raid wild. The biting? Sexy af. Lol needless to say, I enjoyed this. Deacon is ne ...more
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~

“I told you I didn’t dream as a kid of bein’ a cop or an astronaut, but I gave a lot of thought to the woman I’d want in my bed. I grew older and gave more thought to that woman, but it was also about the woman I wanted in my life. And she was you. Then I met you. And now, every day I wake up I cannot believe my luck because you’re here.”

Hanna Boudreaux's had a crush on Raiden Ulysses Miller since she was six years old. He was nine at the time, and came to her great-grandmother's an
Jennifer Kyle
”You get home in one piece, she’s your reward.” His body pressed into mine and his face, partly shadowed, came to within an inch of mine. “You’re my reward, Hanna.”
My reward.
Oh.
My.
God.

description

I loved Raiden Miller and Hanna Boudreaux, they were a great couple KA style!!

From the very first chapter where we find Hanna stalking Raiden at the coffee shop, I was hooked and totally on board for this hot, sweet and sexy tale!

Hanna Boudreaux is our Peggy Sue type character and well Raiden is hot, alpha, tor
Choko
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.49 ***

A buddy read with my best buds at BB&B!!! Yes, we are still addicted to KA, it is an addiction - we cannot help it!

"... “Raiden is a silly-@ss romance novel hero’s name my Mom came up with to torture me,” he replied.

I stifled a giggle and remarked, “And Raid isn’t silly?”

He smiled. “Raid’s a bad@ss’s name.”..."

Another KA book, another super-alpha male!!! This one is a GI Joe with PTSD and a tendency not to notice plain looking good girls. So, this ex GI, Raiden Miller, has be
KatLynne
Raiden Ulysses Miller

photo ADDEDTOPHOTOBUCKED_zps1938d9d6.jpg

Kristen Ashley feeds my addiction for possessive, protective, gorgeous alpha males. With Ex-Marine Raiden Ulysses Miller she does it very well! He’s intense, confident, arrogant, bossy and I
Snow
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

barely 3 stars...

It doesnt look like it, concerning the actual number of pages, BUT for me, this was a loooooong fucking book...

it wore me the fuck out!

I might get into some ranting later...but now i m wasted and off to bed...

Ok, i have a love/hate relationship with KA book, and this one happened to end up on a lower scale of my mood swing...

Apart from the remark above...this book felt like a neverending story...and the push/pull or run/chase/catch game they play was maybe interesting the first
Karen
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PURE ROMANTIC BLISS!!! ANOTHER ABSOFUCKINGAMAZING BOOK FROM KRISTEN ASHLEY!!!!

[image error] Porch Swing photo 5030632531_6cb899d3bb_z.jpg

When he just stood there, his eyes moving over me, I asked softly, “Sweetheart, are you okay?” His eyes came to mine. His body slanted to the side so his shoulder was resting against the post and he replied, “You, just like that, any man would fight and die for the privilege of comin’ home to that every day.”

Raiden Miller and Hanna Boudreaux both grew up in Willow, Colorado. A town so small, that most e
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 STARS!
Bravo Kristen Ashley! You never fail me! I loved this book!

Sweet, goofy, dorky, honest, loyal, innocent.....all describe Hanna Boudreaux. She lives alone in an old farmhouse in Willow, Co, knits afghans and cans fruit for a living. She also takes care of her wise, sweet 98 year old great grandmother Mildred. She has a car, two actually, but prefers her shiny pink bike with the cute basket and streamers on the handlebars. Most importantly, Hanna has crushed on the town's local war hero
Mo
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I cannot believe I am only giving 3 stars to a KA book. I think the problem is that us KA addicts have been totally spoiled by her previous books.They are so much longer than Raid, have much more detail in them. I did like it but it could have been so much more. We never really got inside Raid's head ... what did happen with his army buddies - yeah they were blown to smithereens but i wanted to read more about his reactions and mental state. Hanna was lovely but I missed any shopping she might h ...more

• Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Entice (Exquisite, #2)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Club Ties (Trinity Falls, #2)
  • Love Plus One (G-Man, #2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Heavy Issues (Bowen Boys, #2)
  • Zane (Alluring Indulgence, #2)
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Witness Protection (The Witness, #1)
  • Seize Me (Breakneck, #1)
  • Suspended
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Unfinished Hero (5 books)
  • Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)
  • Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2)
  • Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4)
  • Sebring (Unfinished Hero, #5)
“You’re my reward, Hanna.” 50 likes
“Cause all you gotta know is, it's gonna be you and only you until the day I die... You're not just enough for me. You're everything I want.” 44 likes