Start by marking “Trouble” as Want to Read:
Trouble

Trouble

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  18,596 ratings  ·  1,410 reviews
Mia Monroe is running. Running from a person she doesn’t ever want to find her. Running from a past she doesn’t ever want anyone to know. Desperate to find a future, that yesterday, she could only dream of having.

Jordan Matthews likes easy. Easy women. Easy life.

Then he meets Mia.

She’s damaged, troubled and has more baggage than any person can carry. But the more Jordan
Published November 18th 2013 (first published November 17th 2013)

·  18,596 ratings  ·  1,410 reviews

Start your review of Trouble
Samantha Towle
Jan 29, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Due to the massive change in storyline for Trouble, I have REMOVED the OLD teaser -- which is now null and void -- so here is a new teaser in its place!

This scene is from Jordan's POV, and Mia and Jordan are collecting his dog Dozer from the vets.

It's not smexy, but there is cussing, so I'm put the "18+ WARNING" on just in case, and of course it’s unedited, subject to change, etc.

Jordan ~

I make my way back over to Mia, where Dozer is still making doe eyes at her.
Even my dog is crazy about her.
N
Emily May
Dec 21, 2013 rated it did not like it

This book seriously made me angry. And not in the angsty, emotionally-manipulative way that I think it was supposed to, either. Nope. This book sickened me.

Domestic abuse and rape are not shock tactics that should be used to fuel your tragic romance plot. They should not be a manipulative plot tool used to build tension and allow the main character to be "saved". Reading this book was really upsetting for me because of the insensitive way abuse was introduced to cause a reaction,
Christy
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo 1dc47854-1b37-43a9-a2fc-2defb6548e9f_zpse5541ce3.jpg

Mia’s life has been anything but easy. Her mother abandoned her as a child and left her with her abusive father. When she was finally free of him, she went straight into her first relationship with a man just like him.
Why do I stay? Because it’s all I know. All I have ever known. Like a bee drawn to honey, I was drawn to a man like Forbes because the life he offers is the one I’m used to.

Mia figured this was just how things were going to be for her. Then finally, something happe
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

Trouble  was a fun New Adult romance with serious undertones, a reformed bad boy and a twist I didn't see coming! Plus it's a standalone with a fully resolved ending so you get the complete story in one fell swoop!

"You know the saying 'from bad to worse'? Well, my situation is kind of like that, but more like 'from worse, to a diluted version of worse, but still shit nonetheless."

The story starts out a little bit on the darker side, showing Mia's violently abusive home life. After sh
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
GTFU at 61%

out photo 2romgys_zps30c79c94.gif

I should have stopped when they started talking about Taylor Swift and "I knew you were trouble"

idiot photo idiot_zpsbfe08807.gif

The book starts with being told her abusive dad, Oliver has died. While going through his stuff she finds out he lied to her about her mom being dead and she actually gave him custody. Mia is currently living in Boston and attending Harvard as a 2nd year med student. (Of course she is...B/c everyone goes to med school there)

right photo tumblr_mi19inP96r1qfsiseo3_r4_250_zps57a0c109.gif

Mia (aka the abused, aka the bulimic girl) finally runs
Pearl Angeli
2 Stars

This book was indeed trouble.

description

The book introduces us to the heroine Mia Monroe, a victim of physical abuse from her dead father and her boyfriend. When she decided to finally fight back and leave her boyfriend and the abusive relationship, she went into a secluded hotel where she met the son of the owner, the playboy tattooed guy Jordan Matthews.

At first I really thought I will like it. The introduction seemed intriguing since it depicted a dark, twisted drama about abuse. In the first few
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
DNF at 42%

Here we go again....

We have another tortured--yet PERFECT--heroine.....and when I say tortured...I mean TORTURED!!!

Abused by Oliver her dad
Abused by her boyfriend
Binges and Purges
The most beautiful person on the planet
The smartest chick on the planet--Harvard pre-med
Great singer
Perfect body

So the story begins in Mia's POV. Her dad has died and she couldn't be happier. Afterall, he was physically and emotionally abusive. So what does she do with her new found freedom? Jumps in to a rela
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
5 'I want to be free' Stars

"For those whose pain went unnoticed... You were never alone."

Wow.... For me.. This book is beautifully written. I adore it!!! Why??? Let me tell you.....

Samantha Towle's writing style works so well for me. She uses that British sense of irony and sarcasm perfectly. There's a down to earth feel about her writing and the characters. I found myself laughing, crying, feeling sad then happy, then turned on.... She creates the most amazing pictures of our hero and heroin
Beverly
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This story is told from Mia and Jordan’s point of view. I loved being able to see both sides and their inner thoughts allowed me to really relate and connect with the characters. When I started this story I thought it would just be a hot little read, which was fine with me, but I loved the level depth this story held.

We first meet Mia when she is learning of her father’s death. My first impression of Mia was that she was obviously damaged. After finding out her father passed and feelin
Catarina
3,5 Running Stars

description

After her abusive father dies, Mia thinks she’s free. Unfortunately that is a short-term relieve, when a little after she finds herself stuck with an equally abusive boyfriend that believes she is his property.
Sick of being beaten, mistreated and unhappy, when Mia finds out something more about her mother she decides to find the truth about her. And she runs away in the process.

description

And that’s when she meets Jordan. Beautiful, tattooed, with his own ghosts and commitment phobic Jo
Michelle
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I’m not crying, I have something in my eye – stars.

Mia Monroe has never known anything but abuse. It’s what she lived through with her father, it’s what she’s living through with Forbes. Long gone are the days when she dreams of escaping her life, breaking her cycle of abuse. She knows this is what her life will be. When you’re worthless you deserve nothing. It’s a lesson she’s been taught her whole life.

Jordan Matthews isn't about to let his heart get in the way of a good time. He’s seen how
*TANYA*
3.5 stars! Quick, endearing book. All in all it was pretty good. I choked up towards the end.
Patrycja
Mar 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, 2013

DNF at 58%

I honest to God feel like I was brainwashed. This book was so horrible, I couldn’t even make myslef finish reading it. Everything was plain and dull and extremely shallow. The characters were so frustrating as well as immature. I really can’t believe some people could find Jordan appealing. For me, he was the worst hero ever created. His so called ‘bad boy’ vibe was pathetic. Don’t get me started on Mia. She was even worse than Jordan. She was fucking stupid and no, just, no… I really
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
4 Stars

photo image_zpsd8b369a4.jpg

I really enjoyed this story.
It does start off a bit dark and there is a slow build to the romance but I really liked the two main characters and their chemistry is what kept me invested in the story.

Mia Monroe is a young woman who suffered at the hands of her abusive father for most of her young life.
Her mother had passed away when she was a very young child.
After her father passes away, she has even more bad luck when she becomes involved with Forbes, who turns out to be just as abus
Elle's Book Blog
Published: November 2013
Genre: New Adult. Standalone.

:: 6 Pretty Little Stars ::

This book is GORGEOUS. It’s heartbreaking, raw, emotional, and exceptional. This book EASILY fits into my TOP 5 BOOKS OF ALL TIME category. Yup. This is how much I loved it! Readers should be aware that this book deals with some tough and complex issues; mainly domestic violence and other forms of abuse. The author though, tells the story in a sensitive way, and doesn’t let the issues of abuse turn into someth
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ

15.05.2013 - Ahhh this book has been moved back to release date to be advised. Really looked forward to this book coming out in June, but I will wait....

*******************************************************
18.03.2013 - Oh go have a look on Totally Booked Blog website!!! There is a synopsis AND a teaser:

This books sounds like it's going to VERY good
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I know that I knew about this book but I was surprised when I saw that it was a kindle freebie and I hadn't read it. I'm not sure how it passed me by but I'm glad it caught my attention...again.

Mia's had quite the life filled with everything you would never want from her mother abandoning her to her father abusing her - to her finally finding freedom only to shackle herself again. It was truly heartbreaking.

Then once she finds herself on a different road, how can she trust her feelings.
Plamena
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

“It’s easy to be worthless to someone, but to matter to someone...well, I think that would be harder.”

What a beautiful and emotional story! I really enjoyed reading it! It has been some time since a read a standalone. It’s like every book now is part of a series.

Trouble grabs you from the first page and holds you until the end. It has you wanting more even though it has an amazingly perfect and sweet ending. Sometimes I don’t think if the book I read is good or bad. It just works
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
“Some hand.”
Glancing down at his right hand, Jordan flexes his fingers out. “Oh, you have no idea.”

blushes
My head is in the gutter 24x7

Eppp! Its going to be insane! Cannot wait for this one :D
T.M. Frazier
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Jordan and Mia!
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Dnfed @30%

Zero needed to bleach his dick. Disgusting male character! He has had sex with anything with a pulse. Weak heroine.

He’s the kind of I don’t want to call him a man, maybe garbage, POS? That categorized women for their bedroom talent. He’s like she’s good in the sack or she has a mouth like a Hoover vacuum or she has faked tits but it didn’t matter when I had them in my mouth. He even has sex with married women without caring that he does.
Elaine
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Heartfelt Stars

Mia's life so far has been anything but good.
(view spoiler)
Finally escaping the life she has only ever known, she flees to Colorado in hope to find a certain person that she thought had died.
 photo 90dc2fcd-8407-4182-9f79-6141ce61d0d6_zps130cd122.jpg

There she meets Jordan...
He is everything she should stay away from..
He doesn't do relationships or gir
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Finding Trouble Stars

All Mia has known is being abused and abandon. Her mother left her when she was a baby and her father has beaten her until the day he finally died. Months later, she finds love with Forbes, a man just like her father. This is all she has known, but after one scary incident, Mia goes on the run to find her mother. She finds herself in a small town and hotel in the middle of nowhere and she meets the hotel manager, Jordan. Jordan is more than happy to help Mia find her m
Dilek VT
4 out of 3,5

This is a book about abuse, healing, loving & trusting again. It includes scenes of physical abuse and attempted rape as well as bulimia scenes as the psychological effect of the abuse.

The Prologue starts in a very effective way and it increases the expectations of the reader but then, it cannot live up to the expectations it builds.

The heroine Mia has been beaten and abused by her father all her life long. Finally, he is dead. But, being the weak character she is, she chooses anothe
Sara
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
3.0 **it was just ok but she's got issues** stars

Mia...where do I begin. When i think of you, I think you are not all there

She's got soooooooo many issues that are thrown at you in the first 10% of the book. Her dad dies, who was an abusive sick bastard. Then she dates Forbes, who also beats her. And if I had to read one more time how she binges and purges her food

For most of the book, when I though of Mia it was mainly

So off she goes from Boston to Colorado where she meets Jordan. For me, Jord
Katie(babs)
Nov 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNFed by chapter 3. I usually don't rate books I DNF but the start of this book made me rage and is so over the top. Heroine was abused by dead daddy and is bulimic. She has a rich, handsome lawyer boyfriend who does over the top abuse to her from the moment we meet him. He beats her so much and yet she isn't admitted into the hospital and has visible bruises that never heal. Then she catches him with another woman and he says she'll take his cheating and expects her to do threesomes AND welcome ...more
Trish
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Five reasons why I absolutely loved Trouble
1) It’s a Standalone
2) No Cliffhanger
3) Beautiful Epilogue
4) Jordan….. he is swoony and funny …. I loved his banter with Dozer the dog
5) Duel point’s of view…. I loved being able to be in Mia and Jordan's head.

Trouble is a raw and beautiful story that will make your heart ache, cry and laugh!!!
Smitten's Book Blog

This book was nothing like I expected. In fact, even as I progressed through the book, the tone of the story seemed to flick back and forth from light hearted to deep and dark.

3.5 stars for Jordan and Mia!

"This isn't fixable... I'm not fixable. I was broken a long time ago beyond repair."

This is the story of Mia Monroe.

Mia Monroe.
Huh. Like Marilyn Monroe, but not.

Mia has been abused all of her life. By her father and then by her current boyfriend. But one day, things tak
Christie«SHBBblogger»
This book is aptly named. Trouble. Trouble of every kind. It's a whole lot of insecurity, abuse, self-destructive behavior, and to sum it up...a hot mess. In more ways than one.

First of all, I had serious problems with Jordan's behavior and mentality towards women for a large portion of the book. I understand the whole bad boy, man-whore who becomes the devoted boyfriend for that special girl fantasy. Sometimes it works for me too. I can't explain what turns me off about it in certain characters
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
This book doesn't hold back, some of the scenes in it are explicitly explained so your on a roller coaster of emotions which I guess is what Mia went through so it's a sneak peak into her abusive world..

We first come across Mia at the hospital being informed that he father "Oliver" as she calls him has passed away from a heart attack..

The instant she realized she was free she went a little wild, wild for Mia that is, drinking at bars, this is where she met Forbes. things moved quickly, dating mo

• Fear of Falling (Fearless, #1)
  • Written on my Heart
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Hollywood Girlfriend
  • I Am Stalker
  • Forever Black (Forever, #1)
  • The Impact of You
  • The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)
  • Connected (Connections, #1)
  • Ruin (Ruin, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Enemies
  • Park Avenue Player
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
  • The Debt
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Snowed In
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
Samantha Towle is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author.

A native of Hull, she lives in East Yorkshire with her husband, their son and daughter, and three large furbabies.

She is the author of contemporary romances, The Storm Series, The Revved Series, The Wardrobe Series, The Gods Series, and standalones, Trouble, When I Was Yours, The Ending I Want, Unsuitable, U