Start by marking “Challenging Zed (Benedicts, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Challenging Zed (Benedicts, #1.5)

Challenging Zed (Benedict-Savant #1.5)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  2,848 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
Want to be the first to find out what Zed was thinking when he met Sky? Fancy finding out what Zed was like at nine? I've written a special story for Valentine's Day 2013, which is available as a free download.
Published February 14th 2013 by Oxford University Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Challenging Zed, please sign up.

Basma
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on my blog, My Bookish Thoughts.

Challenging Zed is a short story from the Benedict series. It's written in the perspective of Zed Benedict, the youngest Benedict brother, and soulfinder of Sky Bright. It contains scenes from before he met Sky, a flashback to when he was nine, when he met Sky, and when he found out they were soulfinders. If you haven't read any of the books in Joss Stirling's series, I highly recommend you do - it's quite high on my list of favourites.

Challengi
Jacqueline
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I got a copy of Challenging Zed right after finishing Finding Sky, as my mind was still so occupied with the two main characters. For me that's always a sign of a really good book or series. That also means I had really high hopes for this feature and they were not disappointed. I admit, Challenging Zed is written in an easy way and rather unconventional. It transmitted the feeling of reading the story a friend wrote and for an add-on like this, that was perfect.

Challenging Zed gives you a more
Amy
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY. EVER!
Recommended to Amy by: brother's girlfriend
I reviewed this (Seeking Crystal) here on goodreads.
In that review I did avoid mentioning a very big thing (and did explain in a spoiler why). But this book would even introduce you to the concept. So do I think it’s a good book to start with? << Especially as I was like... Start with Seeking Crystal, it’s got my favourite brother so far in it- Uriel being my other, who I sort of have claims to. I had claims to him until the last page, OK?>>
Yes. I wasn’t fangirling for Zed but now.
Amy Joynes
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
*Update 14/02/2013
Man, I wish it was longer... Really interesting addition to the Benedict Brothers series that allows the reader to not only get a feel for what Zed was thinking in Finding Sky but also an insight into the Benedict brothers when they were younger.
If you don't have it already, go download it on Amazon for FREE!

Pre-ordered and ready to be zapped on to my Kindle at Midnight! :D

Kimberly
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nou, ik ben zeer verbaasd maar ik heb enorm genoten van dit verhaaltje. Het Verhaal van Zed, vertelt eigenlijk een klein stuk over het heen dat we all gelezen hebben in Het Verhaal van Sky, maar deze keer uit perspectief van Zed. Het Verhaal van Sky had van mij een 3 sterren gekregen vanwege enkele punten waar ik me ergerde. Straight, hoe dit boek een 4 sterren gekregen heeft. Ik las het gewoon veel liever dan uit het perspectief van Sky.
Nj Sun
Fand ich nicht schlecht, das Kennenlernen aus Zed's Sicht zu lesen :)
Marieke
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik ben nog steeds gek op Zed haha^^ Het was zo leuk om een deel vanuit Zed te lezen!
Flor C.
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, short-stories
Justo cuando la historia se pone buena. Termina.
Hetti
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally got this off my TBR!! This was adorable!!! Seeing things from his perspective was really good, if really made me remember why I loved them so much in the original series. Also his love for her and when he discovers she is his Soulfinder is so cute ☺☺ ...more
78sunny
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4,6 von 5 Sternen
*Kurzmeinung*
Diese kurze Zusatzstory macht nur für die Leser von „Finding Sky“ Sinn. Hier wird kurz ein wenig aus Zeds Kindheit erzählt und dann über seine Empfindungen und Erlebnisse als Sky in die Schule kommt und er sie zum ersten Mal sieht bis hin zu dem Punkt an dem er erkennt, dass sie sein Seelenspiegel ist.

Es ist eine nette Zusatzinformation, die die ersten Begegnungen von Zed und Sky noch einmal in einem ganz anderen Licht zeigt. Außerdem fand ich es sehr schön auch mal
Berna
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this short story! My only complaint was that it was so short! After the last paragraph I wanted to know more, see more interaction between him and Sky.
I love to see how since the beginning he felt attracted to her. In 'Finding Sky' he seemed indifferent at the beginning, so I'm so happy to see that that wasn't right!
Love seeing more about the Benedict brothers! And Yves attracted to Sky? That was weird!
I wished we had more of this short story, love Zed's POV!
Maggie
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
To see the beginning of the story from Zed's point of view was nice change.

Zed is very kind in a secretive way and very sensible. He is the character that you cant help but fall in love with. He is strong amd have macho image going on for him but on the inside is good and understanding.

I loved his point of view!
SoGomez_
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Antes no sentia nada por el personaje de Zed, pero ahora definitivamente me gusta. Lastima no hay mas libros sobre el y sky.
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
Look, I know it's a free ebook but that cover is really disappointing. Also the toxic masculinity in this is annoying.
Mihail
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Беше доста интересно, с различна история и гледна точка.
Morgann
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just another cute short story that I love !! Finding Sky is the first one in this series and it's really good.
Samantha
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-ebooks
Het verhaal van Zed, de titel zegt voldoende. Een klein stukje uit het verhaal van Sky, maar dan vanuit de ogen van Zed.
Aangezien ik in het eerste boek al direct een zwak had voor Zed, heb ik ook echt genoten van dit boekje. De gebeurtenissen heb je dus al beleefd in het eerste boek, maar er worden stukjes informatie vanuit Zed aan toegevoegd. Je leert hem daardoor iets beter kennen, maar ik vond het verhaal gewoon heel fijn om nog even in het verhaal te blijven. Leuke toevoeging!
Lara
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best leuk om een keer vanuit een ander perspectief te lezen. Ontzettend leuk eigenlijk. Het enige wat ik wel jammer vind, is dat de gebeurtenissen niet helemaal overeenkomen. Soms worden er in het boeken dingen anders gezegd/telepathisch verzonden dan in het verhaal. Maar verder wel echt een aanrader
Tere (La Vida Secreta de una Lectora)
En esta pequeña historia conoceremos más del pequeño Zed, el más joven de los hermanos Benedict, y como fue su primer encuentro con Sky.
Me ha encantado la forma de pensar de Zed, el porque de su actitud.

Nos cuenta de mejor manera lo que él pensaba desde antes de conocer a su alma gemela y como era su relación familiar de pequeño.

Ahora solo quiero leer a Yves.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
I was expecting More from Zeb's short POV. I would have enjoyed reading from his perspective. This way we could better picture the Benedict Brothers in action. It would make a great spin-off, 'The Savant Detectives'... just saying....
Kelly Zsuzsa Németh
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Hello Zed, I loved to see you again!
Kristin Davison
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, read-2015
This little novella is well written and really adds to the storyline of the series.

Price: freebie

#COYER
Rystal
May 05, 2014 added it
simply adorable!
Sofía
Ahora me quedo todo mas claro. Siempre me pregunte por quė Zed la había seguido hasta su casa. Ame cada palabra y me enamora mas de Zed (¡Ante todas las probabilidades!)
Anna
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english
This was so lovely after having reread the first book just a few days ago!
Lesley
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG! what can I say? I love this series and I was jumping for joy when I found out there was a book about ZED! Zed is like... my favourite brother out of the bunch!
SoyUnaBoludaMas
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Si bien me considero una gran fanática de la saga, sentí que este libro no me aportó nada nuevo. Ayudó a comprender sus motivos, pero podría haber vivido tranquilamente sin saberlos. Además, se me hizo corto y me dejó con muchas preguntas de las cosas que pasaban a continuación en el libro de Sky.

De todos modos, volver a leer sobre esta saga me trajo lindos recuerdos y nunca es mala idea rememorar las aventuras narradas en Finding Love.
Florencia Iramáz
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pensé que si leí desde la perspectiva de Zed entendería toda la cosa de las almas gemelas, pero luego de terminar de leer seguí igual de confundida que antes. El protagonista tiene mucho que dar, y tal vez el autor no supo aprovechar los matices de Zed. En simples palabras: no me gustó esta historia corta, hubiera sido mejor el quedarme solamente con la perspectiva de Sky.
vakilo
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Die Kurzgeschichte erzählt etwas aus Zeds Vergangenheit sowie seinem Verhalten Sky gegenüber.

Ich fand die Geschichte so süß, besonders als Zed versuchte immer ernst zu schauen, während der Sky lieber angrinsen und knuddeln würde. Die Umschreibung war sehr glaubhaft und so süß wie Zucker!
Die Geschichte liefert jetzt aber nichts tiefgründigeres, was man aus der Hauptgeschichte nicht bereits weiß.
Kate Medina (alittlereader1)
Me gustó pero me faltó más, es una lástima que sea tan corto porque quería conocer un poco más la perspectiva de Zed. Todo fue un poco superficial pero no pierdo el interés de seguir con el segundo tomo de la serie.
  • Fire (Elements of Power, #1)
  • Witch Fire (Burn Mark, #2)
  • Desert Crossing
  • Das Blut des Dämons (Dawn & Julien, #3)
  • Blodsøstre (Blodets Bånd #1)
  • Ash and Mary-Lynnette: Those Who Favor Fire (Night World, Extras)
  • Path of Revenge (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #16)
  • Teufelsherz (Teufel, #1)
  • War of the Witches (War of the Witches, #1)
  • Languish (Haunting Violet #1.5)
  • A Date of Godlike Proportions (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2.5)
  • Suffocate (The Breathless, #1)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)
  • Feinde mit gewissen Vorzügen
  • Reaper's Novice (Soul Collector, #1)
  • Obsidian: Last Chapter in Daemon's POV
  • The Day I Met Suzie
  • Tethers (the Tethers trilogy #1)
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado.

In a second series, Struck, Joss begins a new world of detective romance. The f
More about Joss Stirling

Benedict-Savant (6 books)
  • Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
  • Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)
“If Zed had not had witnesses he would have given her the shock of her life by kissing that furious look off her face.” 2 likes
“She was like a butterfly whose wings would crumple if he touched her.” 2 likes