Start by marking “Coming Home” as Want to Read:
Coming Home

Coming Home

Mitch left town eight years ago and never looked back after his best friend and brother both rejected him in the same day. Now he's back and ready to face the ghosts of his past. Problem is, the feelings that caused his best friend, Cohen to cast him out haven't changed. If anything, they have grown stronger.

When Cohen comes offering an apology, Mitch accepts i
Published January 17th 2013 by E.L. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Start your review of Coming Home
Gigi
Jan 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Yikes! I disliked this book on a cosmic level! At the same time, a lot of people are gonna love it, so it's a total preference thing. Spoiler alert, read at own risk. Knowing this before hand would have stopped me from reading this book: (view spoiler)

Cannot recommend - not my cup of tea AT ALL!
HereAndNow
Brei
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
So the story starts with Mitch returning after 8 years in the marines, he joined to run away from the loss of family, decisions he made, truths that cannot be unspoken. When he returns he finds things vastly different from when he had left, the fractured relationship he had with this brother, and only remaining family, isn't as broken as he had feared, and the possibility of a life he never dreamed of is in his grasp, only is it really?
So Mitch returns a far different man than the boy he l
Kristy Maitz
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Something is really wrong with that story plot. I don't know if its me or if E.M. Leya had really bad idea about whole thing.
Cheryl
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
If you are looking for a second chance romance story, this is not it.
After coming out to his brother, Rich, and best friend, Cohen, on the same day goes badly Mitch leaves town and joins the Marines. 8 years later he returns home. They have all had time to think about that day.
The story is seen from Mitch's POV as Rich and Cohen are faced with the reality of Mitch being true to himself.
It does have a happy ending.
Julesmarie
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Hmm... Not sure where to start with this one, so I'm gonna fall back on the trusty What I Liked and What Didn't Work for me categories.

What I Liked
Honestly, the quality of the writing is the only thing that kept me going at certain points, so I think that has to go first.

But what I liked most about this story was that it managed to surprise me. So many of the stories I read are formulaic to the point of predictability, so being surprised was a nice, well, surprise. (view spoiler) ...more
Alison Roeder
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Love that the MC was a Marine/cowboy.
I was expecting a boy loves boy, boy leaves, comes home and gets with boy/ man.
I was rooting for Eric the whole time. 5 stars.
Ricardo
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Mitch’s parents die shortly before he turns 18. His older brother turns overprotective and Mitch figures out he’s gay and is in love with his best friend, Cohen. Mitch tells his brother Richard he’s gay and also Cohen. Both have a very negative reaction, specially Cohen, who freaks out about Mitch being in love with him.

Mitch feels he’s lost his brother and his best friend and he enlists with the Marines and leaves for 8 years. After a relationship that ended after his lover died and
Claudia Lezár
I like, that the MC find HIS HEA. That he find out (like the last sentence from the blurb), that what he wants isn’t what he needs. In this case not ‘what’ but ‘whom’.
Karissa
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Angelmira
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
i do like the parts with Mitch interacting with his brother. but i dont like his obssesion with Cohen. and i especially didnt like Cohen. i didn't remember the blurb, i read it a while ago. but in the middle of the book i started to fear Cohen is the second main character and that would be disaster.
all and all the story was good, but i missed more of the scenes with Eric. he was likeable character when he was around but i couldn't fall in love with him. i didn't know him enough. he wasn't there
Denise Koopman
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
So sad that Mitch left town and joined the service cause his brother and best friend made fun of him for being gay. Mitch has returned and still in love with his best friend Cohen who laughed at him. His brother has seek forgiveness but Mitch tried to move on cause Cohen is not that way but treats Mitch kinda rude like. Cohen is hot and cold so Mitch moves on to a coworker on the ranch that Mitch and his brother owns named Eric. They hook up and it works out great.
Ochie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books-read
I was really enjoying this at the beginning. But I guess, given the blurb, I didn't expect how it turned out in the end. (view spoiler)

Linda
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought ... (SPOILERS!!!!)

I thought for sure Mitch and Cohen would finally get together. Sometimes the fantasy is more real than the truth. I'm actually glad that Mitch and Eric have the chance at a HEA. They make a solid couple that can have a happy fulfilling life together.
I enjoyed this story and heartily recommend it.
Oaken
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Was pretty okay with this one until the ending. Truly felt like it stopped without any final resolution or showing the happy ever after - especially since it doesn't end the way you expect it will.definitely needed another chapter or an epilogue.
Amy
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
3.5 stars. I'm glad it had the ending it did, I really liked the chemistry between Eric and Mitch.
meep
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
the ending was so abrupt. i would have loved to see this longer.
☆ Todd
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Decent story about realizing sometimes what you want isn't always what you need.

In a similar genre, I preferred Amy Lane's "Racing for the Sun" much more.
Nik
Mar 13, 2015
Jan
Jul 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Gay Man Seeks Same (G-A-Y #8)
  • Gayday! Gayday! (G-A-Y #11)
  • Gaydar (G-A-Y #1)
  • Gay Divorcee (G-A-Y #5)
  • Gay Pride (G-A-Y #7)
  • Gay Like You (G-A-Y #2)
  • Slave for Two (Soul Match, #1)
  • Hiding From Two (Soul Match, #3)
  • Cherished by Two (Soul Match, #2)
  • The Bodyguard: Book 3 (The Artifact #3)
  • Surrendering for Two (Soul Match, #4)
  • Fighting for All (Soul Match, #5)
  • Watch Me (Working out the Kinks, #1.5)
  • Checks, Balances and Manipulation (Wolves of Stone Ridge #48)
  • Burning the Chef's Buns (Shifter's Regime #3)
  • Blood of a Mountain Man (A Paranormal's Love #26)
  • The Bodyguard Book 2 (The Artifact, #2)
  • The Bodyguard Book 1 (The Artifact, #1)