Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)

20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys #11)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  1,112 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for T+ audiences. Is the Friend really Kanna's father?! Will she still be able to stand up and fight, despite this anguishing news? Meanwhile, Koizumi Kyoko and Sadakiyo have gotten away from the Dream Navigators by the skin of their teeth, but as Yoshitsune once warned, these people will chase you to the ends of the earth… With Kanna in shoc
Published June 21st 2005 by Planet Manga (first published December 25th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Band 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Band 11

Anthony Chavez
More of a filler volume, which any long series needs to drive the plot slowly with dropping hints such as "The Conspiracy of 1970?!?" What is that? Sounds ominous? We shall find out next time on Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys!!! Same time, same channel!

There was one big plot point dropped about Kiriko at the lab which was a jaw dropper, and whenever they bring in Kenji's music it's always a heartfelt moment. Those were some great highlights of this volume, along with Mon-Chan's note/research.
নাজমুল হাসান
We finally get to see Kanna's mother and a shocking revelation. Though, for me it wasn't shocking at all. Since there were quite a few hints and clues laid out before pointing in this direction. Also Kanna's real power starts to wake up. She already made a big miracle possible, now lets see how she does it from here. Another mystery adds to the tab, as the higher ups of "Friends" party talk about "The lies of 1970". What does that mean?
زينب
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The only thing I could say after reading this is WOW WOW. This is definitely a master piece. Yeah there were parts in the book that were a little bit exaggerated or too much (especially towards the end). However, this story was so amazing and so well written that those parts do not even matter. The art was amazing, the characters, the story, everything fit really well with each other. One of my favorite manga of all times!

Gu ta la la =)!
Malapata
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Y cuando parecía que la historia había empezado a bajar te mete un volumen que no puedes soltar hasta acabarlo,
Oliver
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erneut atemberaubend.
Scott Lee
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent volume. The story had at times seemed to drag to me with the plot extended to three different time periods, and what felt like somewhat arbitrary jumps from one to another. However, this volume is focused almost entirely in 2015, the furthest future timeline, and all the flashbacks are brief and immediately shed light on the primary, 2015 timeline. Very little of 2000 or the earlier 1970's in this one, but the focus is a good thing, and when we are back in those timelines, the ...more
Ed Blake
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
as a whole it's making less sense, but it's also getting more interesting.

does that make sense?
Alex Scales
Half-way through the series and things are chugging along exactly the way you expect things would for a manga that lasts 22 (24, technically) volumes: its getting ridiculous.

Kenji, the main character of the first five volumes, has vanished all together only to be replaced by his 17-year-old neice, Kanna. Urasawa doesn't waste any time hyping her up: She rushes into a shoot out between rival gangs and orders the thugs around like children, uses psychic powers to gamble, and a good chunk of one vo
Seno
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Semangat Kanna!! Suka banget dengan karakter cewek yang satu ini.
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
After the fast-paced and rich-in-revelations "The Faceless Boy," the saga slows down a bit and gives more focused to the characters, particularly Kanna and her reaction to the shocking revelation she received of herself in the final page of the previous volume. Urasawa writes character well, and he still manages to keep the story flowing forward on multiple fronts. Everything is clearly gearing up to further dramatic high points which this series offers graciously. We also get more flashbacks to ...more
Francisco Silva
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Escarbar en el pasado. Aparecen ciertas pistas medianamente reveladoras que parecen culpar a personas cercanas a Kenji de la liberación del virus que casi diezma a la humanidad en el 2000. También aparecen nuevos personajes que tuvieron relación con Amigo en los 60's/70's.

Se dan pistas de cosas ,pero no puedo evitar sentir que el misterio parece estar siendo más enrevesado de lo debido, además que la conclusión de este arco no se vislumbra tan pulido como el anterior y a la vez es más extenso.
Andrés Santiago
Jun 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Getting tired of this. I love Urasawa style, he is a master storyteller and I love the way he draws, it's very cinematic. Its the soap-opera aspect I have a problem with, it just goes on and on... I know Manga is big business and the more issues the better, but there are other books I want to read and this just takes too long. Not to mention the cost, if this wasn't available in my Public Library I wouldn't dream of reading more than a few issues. ...more
Jesus Flores
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
20 boys 11
So Kana after learning she is Amigos daughter learns about her mother past, how she was apparently involved with the disease or the vaccine.
A very interesting development into Kanas past.
Also we see that the dream-lady might have some side plan with one of the other people close to amigo.
4 stars
Joy
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brad
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, mystery
So, she's actually the daughter of Godzilla, right? I guess that means I've successfully "managed my expectations".
Damn I love these in-jokes, even if, or especially because, they're so oddball. It's almost like no one could make this stuff up, and yet, here we are.

Fran
Se puso wena de nuevo!
Laurelyn Anne
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
Finally! Kanna's mother, Sadakiyo gets a voice finally. Patience is required for this series but I love how it's all looping around.
Norman Cook
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kanna gets closer to the truth about her mother and the identity of the Friend. Kyoko is helped by an unexpected ally (who pays a high price for it).
Nia
Oct 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
Kanna mencari jejak ibunya...
Kejadian awal tahun 2000 terjadi lagi. DI Afrika beberapa orang terjangkit penyakit misterius, dimana darah keluar mengalir dari tubuh....
Cel Red
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Kanna tiene su crisis, Koizumi sigue siendo la mejor y Yoshitsune es un amor. Urasawa nos sigue dando muchas pistas y nos hace creer lo que quiere.
Dave
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
Just like the TV series Lost, where you just get complications and refereences to stuff that sounds deep (The Conspicary of 1970! The Giant Hamster of Hiroshima!) without any real plot development.
Carlos
Elissa
Jan 01, 2012
  • Mushishi, Vol. 3
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Liar Game, Volume 2 (Liar Game, #2)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 5
  • Blame!, Vol. 4
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival exc
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)