Start by marking “You Got Me” as Want to Read:
You Got Me

You Got Me

Roxy is broken
Aiden wants to fix her

No matter how hard Roxy tries to overcome her past, she can't. She writes on her arms to escape the pain, but nothing can soothe the ache that she feels.

Aiden didn't go to college to meet girls, he came to play football. Too bad that it is impossible for him to stay away from Roxy.

After meeting o
Published February 8th 2013 (first published February 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about You Got Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Got Me

Tess
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You Got Me is a story of beautiful romance. Both Roxy and Aiden have to get past their past traumas, their hesitations, and fears in order for their relationship to work. For both of them this isn't an easy task, but they can't ignore the attraction that they've felt for each other since the first time they met. In You Got Me, Love prevails all and there is hope for Roxy and Aiden after all.

The typical Love Story with a new twist. I love the connection that Roxy and Aiden have. It is so perfect
Julia Kai
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked it.Roxy was a strong character,and Aiden...let's just not start this,cause I will not stop.Every girls dream,is enough. And Gary...my fave.
Ⓑookish Ⓞne
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked-it
Roxy Gibson was a young woman who had a horrible childhood growing up in Chicago. Adopted when she was a teen by Steve, a surgeon and Emily, a social worker. They move to Alabama to get away from her past.

Aidan Dixon was in college on a football scholarship. He had a set plan. School, football and family. He is working hard to be able to one day help give his family a better life.

He meets Roxy on the rooftop of their dorm. He can see the pain in her eyes and hear it in her voice. He is drawn t
Angel
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Mercy.......THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! Thank you!!!!!! My absolutely favorite predictable book I have read
In a long time! Comparing to Beautiful disaster, and the likes. Young college books tend to be my favorites besides hot tattoos and rockers;).

I have high anxiety when reading always fearful a book will let me down. NOT this one! Loved it so much just purchased her other book and will be stalking her for another!

Hate this rating system...it's hands down a 10 for me! If you d
Christina Lyn
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my ever first book of Mercy Amare and this truly not bring me down. I enjoyed it very much. There are many times that my heart has been broken because of her experiences and that makes her stronger than ever in her life. Of course there are still moments that she feel devastated that's normal though and I'm glad Aiden was there to help her out. Aiden is such amazing young man, hard to find a true jewel like him and what he felt for Roxy is one true love.

Traci
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this in a day! So good! My heart broke for Roxy who went through so much. Aiden is seriously the perfect book boyfriend. He isn't perfect he has flaws. Aiden shows Roxy that love has ups and down.
Maryam
Aug 25, 2014 added it
shittiest book I've ever read. how the hell do two people get close so quickly especially considering one is royally messed up. I'm not even going to bother rating it since this pile of crap shouldn't even be called a book.
Courtney Cochran
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Such a cute read! It was awesome to see an SEC school get some book love (even if it was Auburn)! Ha!
Scarlet
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book started out well for me. I like the writing and it's simplistic style, and the plot moved along right away. And after reading an extremely long and overly drawn-out contemporary not to long ago, this was a refreshing change for me.

I was also instantly drawn to the characters. Roxy, the female protagonist, is a troubled soul after suffering through some extremely horrific events in her past. She still has a lot of serious issues to deal with internally, and the way she copes with it is
Andrea Heltsley
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was really touched by this book. It was so sweet and full of love. I adored Roxy and admired her strength. I'll admit, I had trouble connecting with the characters at first. By the time I got 25% into the book, I was hooked.

Aiden is such a great guy. He cares for his family and loves the ones closest to him. He even cares for his roommate even though he hardly gets any sleep between Garry's girls and his snoring. His family struggles and he does what he can to help. Aiden's going t
Heather andrews
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book didn't love it, but I liked it. Aiden that boy is something else he has his own demons just like Roxy has her own together they know how to fight them and come out on top, apart they're just well... they're sad. Let's break down the type of person Aiden is he's sweet, "hanging out with you is the highlight of my day. Is that lame?" He's considerate, "as much as I want to take you right here, I'd rather our first time not be in your car at a truck stop." He enjoys the physical a ...more
Teri Beth
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
You Got Me is a good book. I liked the characters, Roxy and Aiden, and the struggles they went through. My heart was heavy for Roxy often and I was drawn into her story from the beginning. I liked how Aiden wanted to fix her. Unfortunately the beginning of their relationship felt slightly rushed to me and for someone that had such a hard time opening up to others, Roxy very quickly became dependent on Aiden. When her past was coming out it ended up becoming very anticlimactic. I didn't feel the ...more
J.M. Stone
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm trying to read the shorter books that I have gotten that are on my kindle so I can clear some space. I must say, I've been slightly disappointed! This one wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Social outcast meets boy, falls in love quickly, etc. etc. etc. I like the growth that Roxy shows, but then in the heat of the moment, one that's an emergency at that, she turns into Childish McPouty-Pants. Just didn't feel much connection from the characters.
Lisa Survillas
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! It was so sad to go through all the struggles and tragedies in her life. It is a long process and my heart was breaking with every new bit of information. Then comes Aiden, the sexy football star. He has his own past and while not as devastating as Roxy's, he still has issues that he faced and struggles with. Aiden's love saves Roxy and the result is heart warming. I'd love to see more of them. I'd love to learn more about Rachel and Gary as well.
Lys
Jun 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
The most boring and unrealistic book I've read in a long time.
The characters didn't even solve their problems at the end.
Lyk the author got too distracted writing about them having sex!!
The emotions didn't grip me at all --- if there were any at all !!
Sarah - Books to Breathe
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Overall a great story. I felt like she built us up and then it ended though. This could easily been a longer book or series. Great character development, just ended too soon. Definitely would recommend it to anyone :-)
K.G. White
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Wayyy too basic. A lot of telling, no illustrating with words. Not that i expect too much of my romance novels, but this was just ridiculous, a ten year old would pick this up and think this is the way relationships work.
Chrissy Sharp
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute story. It probably would have so much more potential if it was a little but more in-depth but everything was sort of rushed throughout it. I would definitely recommend it for some one that is looking for a quick read though.
Laura's Book Addiction
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Soo good. Want to read more books from this author!!!!
Gina
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very touching love story. Both Aiden and Roxy have issues to overcome -- the nicest thing is that being together helped both of them.
Mackenzie
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Porche
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have EVER read. The story is so touching. Soul mates, finding each other. I was not able to put this book down. 5 stars !
timesha  kincade😎.
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Hmm. I THINK the actual rating may be 3.5 stars. I'll think about it. Rating's going to three. Explained in review below!

This book was adorable. There is no doubt about that. This book also held my attention. And I have more to say, but the review is under construction. No worries! Full review WILL come. :)

~~~

It is completely undeniable that You Got Me is a cute book. It's cute, sweet, and romantic, and touches on some topics that are serious. The book isn't really
Jenn
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once in a while you find a book you had never heard of before. You decide to pick it up and start reading it. Then fall head over heals in love with it. You love everything about it. The characters, the plot line, the twists. This is one of those books. This is a hidden gem written beautifully by Mercy Amare.

Roxy Gibson is a young woman who grew up with a horrible childhood in Chicago. After going through a very traumatic event in her life, she was adopted by Steve and Emily. To help
Marci
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I would not have been able to give this 3-stars had this not been a very enjoyable story. I really, really like Aiden and his friend Gary and his family were wonderful side characters. Roxy seemed adorable and Roxy's adoptive parents were great, too.

What I had an issue with was the writing and some of the plot lines. The insta-love that I usually dont mind too much was super quick in this book, too quick for my tastes and I dont think I am as annoyed by it as other people I have seen
Lucky
You Got Me is a young and New Adult book in this book we meet Roxy and Aiden, our main cheeka Roxy is broken and Our main guy Aiden wants to be the man to fix and encourage Roxy in her life endeavors.

But no matter how hard Roxy tries to overpower her past and let her past stay in the past, it can't but also to help her turn into something positive she writes on her arms to escape all the pain that her biological mother inflected upon her emotionally, mentally and physically. But nothing can era
Mara
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Read the Full Review on ReviewingRomance.com

Overall, it's a decent book. I do think it's lacking in a few areas, as I was reading it I was able to think of ways that I'd rather see the story go.

I liked both characters, but felt as the story went on, they sort of lost their appeal.

I also felt like the way their first love scene played out was degrading to the relationship they were building up to that point. (view spoiler) ...more
Wendy
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Mercy Amare! I was quickly sucked in and flew right through it. Roxy is a troubled girl that has had a terrible childhood and has never felt loved by anyone. Even her only friend betrayed her. That is where Aiden comes in. Some reviews have complained that the story line moved too quickly, that Roxy's issues were overcome too easily. That did not bother me, personally, as I knew that I was reading fiction and a love story. I wasn't expecting hundreds of pages of realistic g ...more
Katie
Apr 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Racing for Freedom
  • Trick
  • Heartless
  • The Game Changer (The Game Changer, #1)
  • Love and Truth
  • Talania: A Trip down Memory Lane (Lost Love, #1)
  • Love Me for Me (Safe Haven, #1)
  • A Pretty Pill (A Pretty Pill, #1)
  • Chasing Leah (Journey, #1)
  • The Upside of Letting Go
  • Anywhere but Here
  • All the Right Moves
  • How It Rolls (Love and Skate, #2)
  • Falling to Pieces
  • Happenstance (A Second Chance, #1)
  • Risk (Risk, #1)
I write clean NA romance books. I have a slight addiction to Red Bull. When I'm not writing, I like to play music (I play the guitar and bass).