Start by marking “Vampire Vic” as Want to Read:
Vampire Vic

Vampire Vic

(Vampire Vic #1)

Would you give up donuts…for blood?

Fat, balding accountant Victor Thetherson hoped becoming a vampire would turn his life around. But Victor can’t stomach confrontation and gets queasy at the sight of blood. Instead he gets it from the blood bank, diluted in bloody Bloody Marys. The result: a vampire who doesn’t bite, and a man who gets no respect.

Victor’s slacking staff
Published March 8th 2013 by Harris Gray (first published February 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Vic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Vic

Start your review of Vampire Vic
Erica
"But Erica," you say. "You hate vampire fiction."

Yes. That is true. With exception to Dracula since that was written before vampire fiction was all the rage. Heh heh heh.

"And also? You try to steer clear of self-published works."

That, too, is true. I deal with a lot of self-published material at work and it all-to-often gives me headaches. Very bad headaches. Caused by excessive tooth-grinding and jaw-clenching and some over-the-top nostril-flaring.

"Sooo...then...why are you reading this?"

Funny
Fox
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Vampire Vic is the first book in a trilogy about a rather unfortunate vampire. The premise is interesting and fairly original. Victor isn't your typical vampire. He's sickened by the sight and thought of blood, insecure to a fault, and quite frankly a rather large loser. None of his staff respect him, he and his wife divorced two years ago but still live together and share a bed, his own daughter at one point even goes to father-dau
Colin Campbell
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read the first draft of VV a long while back. It was terrific to read it again this week to see all the hard work and care that Jason and Allan put into the final draft. VV is funny and sad, a romp and yet meaningful, a parody and yet not at all silly or cheap. VV is a peek inside the hearts and minds of the authors- a couple of normal(ish) guys writing unusual stories about stuff we all experience (in a way).

I relate to Vampire Vic. Not because I have a lot in common with him; I’m not a vampi
diana
Oct 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a while to really get into the book but once I did I (surprisingly) enjoyed it.
Vampire Vic is hilarious and unexpected. It took a very different approach to the whole vampire theme and I really like that.
Victor is a surprising character. He's one of those you-can't-really-hate type because he's amusing (and it's just impossible not to like that kind of person) and it's easy to find a connection with him since he's just as odd, lost and flawed as the rest of us. He's very interesting
Tracee Gleichner
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you are like me, you are sick of the 'sparkly' vampires, the vampires young and old girls alike swoon over and wouldn't have any problem spending time with, and even consider becoming one of them. Thankfully, Vampire Vic was not at all one of those books. Victor Thetherson is a laughing stock when it comes to vampires. His staff makes fun of him and his wife cheats on him while making him stay outside of his own house. And Victor takes it..at least for a little bit. But, like many of us he re ...more
Emily
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Victor Thetherson thought that becoming a vampire, everything in his life would change. However a vampire who cannot stomach blood is problematic. With his work a constant stress and a boss he wants to throttle, Victor snaps and becomes the vampire he thought he would. As he begins to transform though it is not without a strong price, is Victor living up to who he wants to be?

This was an intriguing story. I liked that Vic is normal in the beginning and struggling with who he is and his problems
Lipsy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on https://lipsyy.wordpress.com

Victor Thetherson is the worst vampire there ever was. He hasn't embraced his new existence and spends his days being walked all over by pretty much everyone he knows, just like he did when he was a human.

He still lives with his ex-wife who hates him, his employees are either too stupid, or simply unwilling to do any of the work he requires, and he can't stomach the thought of drinking someone's blood.

But even a vampire can only take so much, and
Jessica Bronder
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vic is a wimp, there’s no nice way to put that. He is your typical balding, fat middle aged accountant. No one respects him, they dump everything on him since they know he will finish every task. At home he lives with his ex-wife that tells him to stay out late so she can entertain her friends. Vic is a joke, he is still the same fat man, he can go out in the daylight, and everyone uses him as the butt of all jokes. Plus what vampire has an issue with confrontation and the thought of drinking bl ...more
Isis Ray-sisco
Vampire Vic by Harris Gray is the first book in the VV Trilogy. I have not previously read this author but I enjoyed the writing style. I found Vampire Vic to be quite funny in parts and quite real. Vic was your average everyday middle aged man even after he was turned into a vampire. Becoming a vampire was not the miracle answer to all his problems. He was still stuck in a dead end job where everyone hated him, his ex-wife still lived in his house, his daughter hated him, and he was miserable. ...more
Zee Monodee
This book reminded me a lot of the movie Wanted starring James McAvoy - an underdog everyone walks on learns how to get to the top of the food chain and make life smile down on him...but there are problems with being at the top, too, and that's a whole other kettle of fish.

The pace was rather slow for me, especially the start where I just wanted the action to get on with it. The huge cast of characters also made it hard to follow through and I was often left wondering who's who and where the hec
Gina's Library
Jun 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I received this book for a fair and honest review.

There are many different books out there about vampires. There is no other book however like this one. This is a book about a vampire that doesn't like blood. How odd is that?

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in this book. I was really looking forward to it. This book for me was very slow and hard to get into. I had to really force myself to read it.

I did enjoy the concept of the book and read about the transformation of Victor. Things cha
Nora
Nov 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Vic was a middle-aged, balding accountant when he was turned, and nothing has changed. He's a doormat for everyone--the ex-wife ('entertains' strangers in the home she won't move out of even though they're divorced), the daughter (goes to a Father-daughter dinner with someone else's father), his employees (he has to redo their work because they are so inadequate), and his boss (loves catching himself scaring Vic on video). One day Vic bites someone, and it's all downhill from there.

*Lame. Oh, an
Kristy
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super enjoyable and entertaining read! I feel the typical vampire story has been done over and over again. It's fun to finally get a fresh and comical perspective. The characters are well developed and easy to follow. They are as basic as your next door neighbors and go through the same day to day dramas as anyone, just with a twist. The level of humor was perfect, it wasn't trying to hard and it was a fun read. While it leaves you wondering about certain things, it comes full circle in the end. ...more
Amy Potts Ostrowski
This book was exactly what I needed on vacation--humor, eccentrically hilarious characters, and a vampire. It has been awhile since I've read a book about a vampire, but the spin on this vampire's tale will keep you turning pages well into the night and up early the next morning. The balance of obvious to subtle humor is impressive, and while I had to reread a few sections to keep the characters straight, once I had them down the book flew.

For my middle school teacher friends, this is NOT a midd
Angie Agerter
It took me awhile to get into this book and at times I got lost at why it seemed to jump from one thing to another. Overall I liked the book, I just had a hard time with it.

You met Vic who is a vampire but doesn't do anything vampirish, while everyone knows he is a vampire. He gets his fill of blood from the blood bank and goes about his merry way. Until something changes and he has this huge desire to start biting. Once he starts biting, he can't stop and things take a rapid turn as you find ho
Susan
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
"Vampire Vic" is not your typical vampire book but instead a vampire's need for reinvention. The plot is a roller coaster ride filled with a wide range of emotions with a touch humor. The author's fantastic character development and unusual plot kept me captivated from the beginning to end. A nice entertaining read that I would recommend to all fantasy fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Michele Lacroix
Apr 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, paranormal
As much as I liked Vampire Vic I had to give it only three stars. I found that the beginning was really good and I really liked Vic, as soon as I got half way through it got to slow for me. Then after I got 78% read it picked up again.
Harris Gray
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Paul Neal Rohrer is a pro narrator and brings our novel to life. Listening to Paul is a treat in itself. We are excited to add this audiobook to the ebook and softcover formats.
Tricia
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun read.
Angie
Mar 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
One star. Enough said.
Julie
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I laughed out loud, loved the real life twist to this vampire story. Will there be another book? Boy I hope so soon!!!!
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
patricia gibson
Jul 18, 2017
Superblindman
Mar 17, 2015
Allan Harris and Jason Gray are the writing duo Harris Gray, authors of multiple novels and screenplays, a Christmas play, and a collection of stories from Jason’s younger days. An early version of JAVA MAN was a finalist in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers contest. Allan is a former guest columnist for The Denver Post. Jason owns Crowfoot Valley Coffee and the Crowbar, land of rumor and embelli ...more

Vampire Vic (3 books)
  • Morbius Reborn (Vampire Vic, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Vampire Vic, #3)

News & Interviews