Jump to ratings and reviews

I Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals

This book is perfect as a bedtime story and also for your loved ones who are learning to read.

In this book you will discover the names of various baby animals. Each animal is represented by the adult with a cartoon image and a real life photo is used to represent the baby animal.

Young children will have fun trying to guess and remember the names of young animals plus you will be helping them expand their vocabulary.

Get your copy today!

50 pages, Kindle Edition

First published January 15, 2013

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

David Chuka

18 books278 followers
David Chuka lives in London with his lovely wife and two adorable children. His family are usually the first people to hear his funny and quirky tales. While he has written non-fiction material previously, he is absolutely proud to be called a children's book author. He loves writing stories that educate and entertain.

As a father himself, he has parents at heart when he writes. Bedtime has to be one of the best parts of the day for him as it gives him the opportunity to bond with his little ones. He believes you'll enjoy sharing his stories with your loved ones.

He would like to keep you updated on what he's working on and any giveaways he has on offer. Please subscribe to his newsletter at www.davidchuka.com

You can also follow him on twitter @davidchuka

He has so many stories to tell and can't wait to share them with the world.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
34 (7%)
1 star
26 (5%)
Displaying 1 - 29 of 29 reviews
Profile Image for Sandra Stiles.
Author 1 book68 followers
February 11, 2013
The story starts off with a young boy explaining his mom had just had a baby and he wondered what baby animals were called in the animal kingdom. You have a page with an illustrated picture of an animal. When you turn the page you get a realistic picture of the real animal, what they are called and an animal fact. For example a baby lion is called a cub and lion cubs are born helpless and blind. Haylee read the first two pages and exclaimed, “No Way! This is a non-fiction book, cool!” She read a page and then said the name of the animal and tried to get her brother to repeat the name. It was wonderful watching them interact together with a book.
Profile Image for Grampy.
871 reviews49 followers
May 10, 2013
This book was reviewed by Lee Ashford for Reader's Favorites.

"I Love Baby Animals", first published under the title, "What Do You Call a Baby Lion?" by David Chuka is a very different kind of book. It is intended as a children's book, but will be quite entertaining (and educational) for many adults, as well. In the beginning a young boy tells us his mother just brought home a new baby, and that got him wondering what other animal babies are called. The format of this book is consistent and logical throughout. First is a drawing of a specific animal, with the words, "what do you call a baby ***?". The next page shows a high quality photograph of the baby of that animal, and tells us "a baby *** is called a ###." Many of the names will be familiar to the adults, and a few will even be familiar to the child. But how many people know what you call a baby alligator? What do you call a baby kangaroo? What do you call a baby snake? What do you call a baby jellyfish?

The author did a very thorough job of researching the material for this book. I assure you adults will be as fascinated as the children are at the names of some of these animals. This book lends itself well to having the adult, over time, omit reading some of the baby names, and let your child try to recall them. There may be some a child will never remember; there may even be some the adult will never remember! But overall, there will be many your child will learn and remember, even though he/she has never heard them before.

This book has minimal text. The entertainment of your child is provided by the pictures and the names of the babies, several of which will be quite funny sounding, even through numerous repetitions of reading the book aloud. I am sure your child will enjoy this book no matter how many times you read it to him/her. The quality photography is sufficient to keep YOU interested as you read it to your child. I highly recommend this book for your children. This author has several other books available; I am confident they are as well-conceived and executed as is this one.
Profile Image for Nancy Silk.
Author 5 books70 followers
July 2, 2013
A Charming Young Child's Book

I like Author David Chuka's children's books. They are simple, illustrations very appealing to children, and not too long to lose a child's interest. However, I feel the dog illustration reflecting a growling, threatening dog should be changed to a more friendly dog. But other than that, it's a very inviting book.
Profile Image for Selwa.
412 reviews
July 20, 2018
Man, I wish I knew what was going through my head 5 years ago when I saw this freebie and decided to go for it. I didn't have kids then, I don't have kids now, but there it was, in my list of content and devices!

So, I think this is a topic covered better in other books. You wanna know what the babies of any species are called? Wikipedia that shit! The pictures of said baby animals are cute, but you can google image that shit! As for the pictures of adult animals, they're just bad illustrations. Maybe they were done with Microsoft paint, I don't know.

It's okay for a free ebook I guess, but you could buy better. Hell, I'll bet you can *free* better.
Profile Image for Sharon Tyler.
2,669 reviews31 followers
March 8, 2014
I Love Baby Animals: Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals by David Chuka is described as "perfect as a bedtime story and also for your loved ones who are learning to read". The book offers a collection of photographs and illustrations of animals and their young, encouraging children to guess the special name for each kind of baby animals.

I Love Baby Animals is a good concept, and my kids love animals so I thought this book would be a hit. However, I was disappointed in the cartoonish illustrations of the adult animals. The photographs of the baby animals were wonderful, as was the opportunity for my children to guess each name and learn a little something about each of the animals included. Illustrations of every style can be beautiful and well done, but here I felt like they were very amateurish.

I Love Baby Animals is great for introducing new vocabulary and for pictures of cute baby animals (most of which you can find online). However, the combination of cartoony illustrations and photographs just did not work for me.
Profile Image for Bill Tillman.
1,642 reviews64 followers
May 10, 2013
A very colorful children's book about many interesting animals and what they are called as babies. This will be asked for to be read over and over again.
243 reviews
December 5, 2013
Makes me wish I still had a little one at home. Absolutely adorable. Asks the question "What are baby animals called?"
Profile Image for Eileen Carter.
1,538 reviews6 followers
October 21, 2015
This story is wonderful for children of all ages to look and learn about animals. It is written in a way that children can easily understand.
6 reviews
September 29, 2018
Smart

This books teaches children the names of baby animals and some of what they can do and cannot do when they are born. Great for 2_6 yr old kids to read!!😊
1 review
Read
March 28, 2022
Its good
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Kwoomac.
811 reviews32 followers
July 20, 2016
I was tricked. They picked the cutest baby animal and put it on the cover. I was expecting lots more "that's the cutest ___ ever! But no. I've already seen the best , on the cover. The book is laid out with pages with cartoonish drawings of adult animals with the question, "What is a baby ____ called?" Flip the page and it's a photo of the baby animal. I didn't like the combo of cartoons and photos. Also the very first picture which shows a little boy with his mother and brand new baby sister is creepy! Not a good start.
Profile Image for Patricia.
10 reviews
April 29, 2013
You'd be better off doing a google image search. I was really disappointed with this book. In fact, when you google image search the names of the specific animals (Baby Lion or Lion Cub for example), a number of the "amazing photos" come up within the top results...

The titled hedgehog for example is listed on numerous sites including this one...

Don't buy this book. You're paying $2.99 for curated photos.
Profile Image for Julie Barrett.
7,800 reviews138 followers
April 23, 2015
Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals (Animal Books for Children 1) by David Chuka
Other works by the author are highlighted.
This colorful children's book is about animals, baby in size. starts out with the birth of his sibling.
Then onto animals babies. Guessing game as to what the baby animals name is. Also facts about birth weight or other fact.
Profile Image for Donna Hutt Stapfer Bell.
236 reviews1 follower
August 21, 2015
Good entry to keep on the Kindle

Keeping books handy on the Kindle that are suitable for the youngest readers can be a challenge, but this is a good example of one that works across a wide age range. Simple, well illustrated with tons of cute baby animals. Delightful!
Profile Image for Angel Fridley.
5 reviews
Cute!

Cute read! Playful information for kids and parents alike. Likeable illustrations paired with real photos. Recommended for young beginning readers and anyone who enjoys baby animals.
Profile Image for Miriam.
Author 7 books14 followers
August 27, 2015
A pretty poor baby animals book. The art for the grown up animals is vaguely disturbing. They grimace angrily and generally look unpleasant. Then poorly picked stock photos cover the babies. Disappointing. Not even worth the cost of free.
427 reviews
July 21, 2016
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
Profile Image for Stacy.
31 reviews
August 21, 2015
Good introduction to baby animals

More photographs and additional info would be a nice addition once kids have grasped the concept of baby animal names.
2 reviews
August 25, 2015
Cute

I learned what some of the baby animals were called. The pictures were so cute. It was a good book. Eve
Profile Image for Nichole.
Author 17 books40 followers
December 9, 2015
I was a bit underwhelmed with this one, but my two kiddos had a decidedly different view, and really liked this book. The concept of a cartoon adult with a real picture of the baby animal was fun.
Profile Image for mark lehn.
1 review
December 26, 2015
Enjoyed!

Appropriate for 2-6. I enjoyed the pics as well as learning about the baby animals names. Well done. Kids liked too.
Profile Image for Petra.
227 reviews
January 14, 2018
The most half-assed "book" I've ever had the misfortune to "read". The "magazines" I put together as seven-year-old in Word 95 had more effort put into them than this.
Displaying 1 - 29 of 29 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.