Start by marking “I Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals” as Want to Read:

This book is perfect as a bedtime story and also for your loved ones who are learning to read.

In this book you will discover the names of various baby animals. Each animal is represented by the adult with a cartoon image and a real life photo is used to represent the baby animal.

Young children will have fun trying to guess and remember the names of young animals plus you w
Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 50 pages
Published January 15th 2013 by Pen-n-a-Pad Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals

Start your review of I Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals
Sandra Stiles
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The story starts off with a young boy explaining his mom had just had a baby and he wondered what baby animals were called in the animal kingdom. You have a page with an illustrated picture of an animal. When you turn the page you get a realistic picture of the real animal, what they are called and an animal fact. For example a baby lion is called a cub and lion cubs are born helpless and blind. Haylee read the first two pages and exclaimed, “No Way! This is a non-fiction book, cool!” She read a ...more
Grampy
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was reviewed by Lee Ashford for Reader's Favorites.

"I Love Baby Animals", first published under the title, "What Do You Call a Baby Lion?" by David Chuka is a very different kind of book. It is intended as a children's book, but will be quite entertaining (and educational) for many adults, as well. In the beginning a young boy tells us his mother just brought home a new baby, and that got him wondering what other animal babies are called. The format of this book is consistent and logic
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
The combination of colour cartoon drawings of the adult animals and colour photographs of the equivalent baby animals works very well.

The sentences are short and easy to read or learn, ideal for animal loving beginners.

Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't know some of the names either!

See my review also at:

Nancy Silk
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Charming Young Child's Book

I like Author David Chuka's children's books. They are simple, illustrations very appealing to children, and not too long to lose a child's interest. However, I feel the dog illustration reflecting a growling, threatening dog should be changed to a more friendly dog. But other than that, it's a very inviting book.
Donna Maguire
This is quite a fun book and easy for children to follow and you can test them after to see if they have remembered the names giving them an added incentive to learn.
Selwa
Jul 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Man, I wish I knew what was going through my head 5 years ago when I saw this freebie and decided to go for it. I didn't have kids then, I don't have kids now, but there it was, in my list of content and devices!

So, I think this is a topic covered better in other books. You wanna know what the babies of any species are called? Wikipedia that shit! The pictures of said baby animals are cute, but you can google image that shit! As for the pictures of adult animals, they're just bad illustrations.
Sharon Tyler
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I Love Baby Animals: Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals by David Chuka is described as "perfect as a bedtime story and also for your loved ones who are learning to read". The book offers a collection of photographs and illustrations of animals and their young, encouraging children to guess the special name for each kind of baby animals.

I Love Baby Animals is a good concept, and my kids love animals so I thought this book would be a hit. However, I was disappointed in
Darlene
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Fun and informative children's books with good pictures. I would recommend it to teachers, parents, etc.
Bill Tillman
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very colorful children's book about many interesting animals and what they are called as babies. This will be asked for to be read over and over again.
Carson hall
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Makes me wish I still had a little one at home. Absolutely adorable. Asks the question "What are baby animals called?"
Merlin
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice to Learn about Baby Animals.
Baby animal pics cute. Some adult animal pics scary.
Eileen Carter
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is wonderful for children of all ages to look and learn about animals. It is written in a way that children can easily understand.
Arlene
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this e-book with my grandchildren. Cute.
Amy
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smart

This books teaches children the names of baby animals and some of what they can do and cannot do when they are born. Great for 2_6 yr old kids to read!!😊
Katie Bourquine
So cute! Great for Kindergarten or Pre-K students to relate animal lives to human ones.
Kwoomac
I was tricked. They picked the cutest baby animal and put it on the cover. I was expecting lots more "that's the cutest ___ ever! But no. I've already seen the best , on the cover. The book is laid out with pages with cartoonish drawings of adult animals with the question, "What is a baby ____ called?" Flip the page and it's a photo of the baby animal. I didn't like the combo of cartoons and photos. Also the very first picture which shows a little boy with his mother and brand new baby sister is ...more
Patricia
Apr 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
You'd be better off doing a google image search. I was really disappointed with this book. In fact, when you google image search the names of the specific animals (Baby Lion or Lion Cub for example), a number of the "amazing photos" come up within the top results...

The titled hedgehog for example is listed on numerous sites including this one...

Don't buy this book. You're paying $2.99 for curated photos.
Julie Barrett
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals (Animal Books for Children 1) by David Chuka
Other works by the author are highlighted.
This colorful children's book is about animals, baby in size. starts out with the birth of his sibling.
Then onto animals babies. Guessing game as to what the baby animals name is. Also facts about birth weight or other fact.
Donna Hutt Stapfer Bell
Good entry to keep on the Kindle

Keeping books handy on the Kindle that are suitable for the youngest readers can be a challenge, but this is a good example of one that works across a wide age range. Simple, well illustrated with tons of cute baby animals. Delightful!
Angel Fridley
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute!

Cute read! Playful information for kids and parents alike. Likeable illustrations paired with real photos. Recommended for young beginning readers and anyone who enjoys baby animals.
Miriam
Aug 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty poor baby animals book. The art for the grown up animals is vaguely disturbing. They grimace angrily and generally look unpleasant. Then poorly picked stock photos cover the babies. Disappointing. Not even worth the cost of free.
Nichole
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a bit underwhelmed with this one, but my two kiddos had a decidedly different view, and really liked this book. The concept of a cartoon adult with a real picture of the baby animal was fun.
Sabina Fiala
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute

I learned what some of the baby animals were called. The pictures were so cute. It was a good book. Eve
Michelle's Book
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
Stacy
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good introduction to baby animals

More photographs and additional info would be a nice addition once kids have grasped the concept of baby animal names.
Tabstein
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great picture book for small children.
mark lehn
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed!

Appropriate for 2-6. I enjoyed the pics as well as learning about the baby animals names. Well done. Kids liked too.
Aryan Agarwal
rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2016
Elena Trifonow
May 31, 2018
Email Awami
rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2018

• Bedtime Little Bear
  • Tongue Twisters for Kids
  • Bedtime Stories for Kids
  • How Did That Mouse Get In Our House
  • The Prince Warriors and the Unseen Invasion (The Prince Warriors, #2)
  • Dream Big, Little Pig!
  • Pigtastic (Accept people for who they are!)
  • Maybe: A Little Zen for Little Ones
  • Please Don't Sneeze
  • His Amish Baby 3 (Amish Christian Romance #3)
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Baby
  • Amigurumi Crochet Patterns: Baby and Animal Friends
  • Something She's Not Telling Us
  • Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3)
  • Sharks (Our Amazing World)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter (Dork Diaries, #10)
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • Twister on Tuesday (Magic Tree House, #23)
David Chuka lives in London with his lovely wife and two adorable children. His family are usually the first people to hear his funny and quirky tales. While he has written non-fiction material previously, he is absolutely proud to be called a children's book author. He loves writing stories that educate and entertain.

As a father himself, he has parents at heart when he writes. Bedtime has to be o

News & Interviews