Start by marking “Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence” as Want to Read:
Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence

Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence

(Ethan Wright)

A young boy struggles to find his twin brother who has been missing for three years. Ethan realizes he can travel to a new world through an Oroborus named Dimon where he traces the footprints of a legendary life led by his twin. Facing similar hardships and challenges bestowed before him, Ethan must learn the ways of alchemy or his journey will end in peril.
Published December 20th 2012 by Kimbro West LLC

To ask other readers questions about Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence

Soul
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I have a fair share in reading books, articles and blogs by various authors. One distinct name or rather distinct author is Kimbro west. The thing that separates Kimbro from other emerging authors is his down to earth and true description about himself as well as his work. I recently had a chance to indulge myself into the world of Ethan Wright and his friends. Now, I know that one should not judge a book by its cover but, one of the first thing that you will agree with me is Cover of "Ethan Wri ...more
Stephanie Wolf
Ethan has dreams that are a bit disturbing. His twin brother, Isaac, has been missing for years and he misses him. His father had left him a strange map with places that do not exist.

As a punishment, Ethan is sent to spend time with Wegnel, an alchemist. While at Wegnel’s, Ethan travels to a different world, the world with the names on the map. Searching for his brother seems closer than ever. With the help of his best friend, Auren, and 2 other friends, Ethan and gang travel into the strange ne
Aaron Sta.Clara
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
The first part of the story was interesting.But as the story goes on,the intensity dies.The characters way of thinking is actually,sorry to say this,a kind of stupid.Wegnel is eccentric but I didn't feel it.It might be because the author is trying real hard to make this character eccentric but it proves to be unsuccessful.The story might be interesting if the author improves her writing skill,in a way in which the reader will be kept entertained until the end.
Harry Royster
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story

This is a good book and a great story I gave it 4 stars only because it was a little slow at times and other times it was fast-paced the characters were very likable and they made you want to read more to find out what was going to happen next the only other thing that I didn't like was the way the final battle ended it was too quick I left a lot of questions unanswered so I guess I'ma have to read the second book to find out more
Stephen Saxton
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun filled action packed!

I picked this book on a whim, and started to get a little bored, because, it appeared to be another underdog getting picked on by a bully. Little did I expect the enjoyment that I got in reading the rest of the book; can't wait till I get the next one in the series.
Margo James
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Along the lines of Percy Jackson

The storyline was inventive and the characters have definite personalities. The back story is lacking, but may fill out in the next books. Lots of questions to be answered.
Dionne
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cool story!

This was a great read when it finally reached the top of my to be read list. I loved Ethan and his bravery and I'm looking forward to reading book two.
Summer Paige
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well-written!

Adventure with mystery, magic, and strong bonds to help the young hero through! I look forward to reading the next installment!
chris wilcox
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Slow starting, but in the end a very good book and I glad I did not stop reading. Please don't give up on the book. Looking forward to the next book.
Jessica Roberts
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alchemists, Swordsmen (and women), stone wolves

Oh. My. It's a cracking good read. Has the odd Harry Potter moment, but what doesn't these days. It is highly innovative, and my few grumps are massively out numbered by my grins. Enjoy.
April
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle school and up, or possibly well-read 4-5th graders
The cover of this book caught my eye instantly! My aunt and I have been looking for books that might interest her oldest son who is having difficulty reading, so I bought this one and planned to skim it to see if it might work.

I openly admit that when I started reading I was thrown by the words "tail-devourer" and "Oroborus" in the Prelude. I had no clue what those words meant, and I was a little scared it might turn my nephew off to the book since these words were right there as you start readi
Eatbugs
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
i realy enjoyed this book. I picked it up because adult life was getting hard and I wanted something light. this did the trick. very fun read
Ingrid
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Though not the most "evolved" work I've read lately, the story was enjoyable. There were a few editing mistakes but nothing so extreme as to distract me from the story itself. I'm still not certain what the significance of Availia and Stanley are to the story...I can only assume that their importance will come in through another story. Great for younger readers or adults looking for an easy read. I really appreciated that the dialog was not weighed down with inappropriate language and that the s ...more
Alpha_stigma
Feb 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up
I was looking forward to this book but it just did not grip me, I had to force myself to read more. I got to 30% before I gave up. Ethan is supposed to be the main character but he was just kind of bland, when he thinks about his parents' deaths I did not even feel sad for him because he just made it seem like he was not bothered, he is 13 yrs old he has to miss his parents all the time and yet I just felt like his emotions were all muted really. I could not get connected to the characters or ev ...more
Jenni
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story with believable characters and fun ideas.
I was rooting for Ethan from the beginning, I guess we women feel a little protective of these poor characters who have no immediate family.
Very good one for reluctant readers of 8+
Easy to read with some interesting words and great descriptions.

Recommend to young readers, young teens and young at heart adults!
Deborah
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ethan and his friends,Auren and Availia, go on an adventure to find his brother Isaac. They get involved in sword fights, fight a stone werewolf and a mighty alchemist. This book is a great read for young and old. I can't wait to see what new adventure awaits Ethan and his friends as he continues his search for his brother.
Laurie
Aug 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I've only read 25% of this book, but I'm done. The tone of the book is off. all the sentences sound like statements of fact from a text book, not like someone telling an exciting adventure story. I'm just not intrigued by the story.
Bill Tillman
Interesting plot, and fun read. Holds interest from the beginning to the end. The snake that eats its tale has been around for thousands of years yet this is the first real departure from the original tale. Five Thumbs way up.
Simon Townsend
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay. I probably wouldn't read the others in the series unless I had nothing else. It was a sort of Harry Potter type setup and you couldn't help making comparisons. Things got a little complicated but it was still a good read.
Donna
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the adventure of a 12 year old boy and his 3 friends. It's good vs evil spanning 7 worlds and 7 peoples. As he continues his quest to find his twin brother, father and all the perils along the way, he also begins to discover himself and his destiny.
Brewergnome
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok, but not fantastic. The dialogue was a bit weak (basically all the characters sounded the same), though the world concept was intriguing.
Blu Davis
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad story. It did feel like a first work and took about a third of the book to smooth out and catch it's stride. Overall still well done.
Jessica
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other
It is somewhat hard to follow everyone and to get into it, but I love its creativity and is good enough that I wish to read the next one.
Sara
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great little story...glad my daughter convinced me to read it! We will be checking out book 2 soon!
Debbi Misanin
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fairly well written

Hard to track the story line at times due to the jumping around, but not a bad red overall. Hopefully the sequel will track well.
Rodney
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Look forward to reading next one m. Author reminds me of Morgan rice but without love story
Jannah
Oct 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Young person novel but quite good nothing like Eragon though
Gary
Dec 30, 2016
Mary Pawley
Feb 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Sentinel (Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Anni Moon & The Elemental Artifact
  • Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle's Curse (book 1)
  • Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Ennara, #1)
  • Island of Fog (Island of Fog, #1)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • The Arch of Avooblis (Adventurers' Academy #1)
  • The Tekhen of Anuket (80AD, #3)
  • Blast of the Dragon's Fury (Andy Smithson, #1)
  • A Measure of Disorder (Mother-Earth, #1)
  • The Lost Heir (The Gryphon Chronicles, #1)
  • Awaken (Fated Saga, #1)
  • The Wand-Maker's Debate
  • The Stone of Valhalla
  • The Serpent in the Glass (The Tale of Thomas Farrell, #1)
  • Guardian's Rise (The Sons of Masguard, #2)
  • Fing
  • The Dragon Knight Order (The Dragon Knight Order, #1)
Dear Reader,
My name is Kimbro West, Author of the Ethan Wright series. I consider myself a storyteller first and a writer second. I try to keep my writing clear and concise so it's easy to read, as I want my work to be presented in the most professional manner possible. I've had a great time writing my novels and hope you have a great time reading them. I will always put forth my best effort to br

Ethan Wright (5 books)
  • Ethan Wright and the Alchemist's order
  • Ethan Wright and the Silver Tongue Alchemist, (Book 3)
  • Ethan Wright and the Cave of Mirrors
  • Ethan Wright: The Silver Series, (Books 1-3)
“That’s enough for today. You have forty-five minutes to get to sword basics. It’s held in the yard behind the orientation building. After that, another mandatory class taught by me. Stop and get some food beforehand if you wish.” He handed the students some coins. “I expect Heinrich will try to wear you out, but save some energy for my class if you can.” “Heinrich?” complained Auren. “Contrary to what you may think, he is a very good teacher — do pay attention.” “Professor … I thought you didn’t like Heinrich,” challenged Ethan. “Of course I do,” corrected Edison. “But I also despise him — he is my nemesis. I would be lying if I said it didn’t please me to infuriate him on occasion. But without him, there would be no challenge to overcome, no adversary to confront — when it comes down to it, what fun would it be without the Heinrichs of the world?” 2 likes
“Isaac staggered … he paused as a drop of sweat formed at his brow from an exhausting battle.” 1 likes