Start by marking “Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)

Rhythm of War

(The Stormlight Archive #4)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  54,704 ratings  ·  5,443 reviews
The eagerly awaited sequel to the #1 New York Times bestselling Oathbringer, from an epic fantasy writer at the top of his game.

After forming a coalition of human resistance against the enemy invasion, Dalinar Kholin and his Knights Radiant have spent a year fighting a protracted, brutal war. Neither side has gained an advantage.

Now, as new technological discoveries begin
Published November 17th 2020 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Rhythm of War, please sign up.
Adamliveshere I feel it will be flashbacks and they will be filtered through her sister Venli's p.o.v.…moreI feel it will be flashbacks and they will be filtered through her sister Venli's p.o.v.(less)

·  54,704 ratings  ·  5,443 reviews

Start your review of Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
Petrik
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The Stormlight Archives & Cosmere fans
This review in video format is here: https://youtu.be/vzzMUk7B4Kk

Brandon Sanderson is a storming genius. Rhythm of War is another scintillating masterpiece in The Stormlight Archive series—one of my top favorite series of all time, and easily the best ongoing series right now.

I truly believe that the words contained in The Stormlight Archive will continue to establish the series as one of the most important series for epic fantasy. It’s been three years since Oathbringer was released, and there’
Melanie
everything. easily best books of 2020. nothing but love, honor, and respect for my ghostblood leader and my ghostblood leader anti.

-----

you can read via youtube the first 18 chapters of this for free HERE! (brb getting a head-start!) 💕

1.) The Way of Kings ★★★★★
2.) Words of Radiance ★★★★★
2.5) Edgedancer ★★★★
3.) Oathbringer ★★★★★

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

Buddy read with Maëlys! ❤
Chris Evans
First Place: Peace Talks The Dresden Files, #16 (Unless you count Dawnshard)
Second Place: The Rhythm of War Stormlight Archive, #4

Hopefully the stragglers eventually make it.

Let's have a race. what will be published first:
Doors of Stone The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3
The Thorn of Emberlain Gentleman Bastard, #4
The Winds of Winter A Song of Ice and Fire, #6
Untitled Stormlight Archive, #5
Mirror Mirror The Dresden Files, #18

** Update: Not only has this race been going on for more than a year now witho
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Got my UK signed edition Hardback and the regular US Hardback. I loved the book, although not as much as the first books. I appreciate the mental health parts as I have mental disorders. That’s all I can say without giving out a spoiler. Enjoy 😉

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Jonathan O'Neill
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rhythm of War - 3.5 ⭐

Oathbringer (Parts 1 and 2) - 4 ⭐

Words of Radiance (Parts 1 and 2) - 5 ⭐

The Way of Kings (Parts 1 and 2) - 4.5 ⭐

Rhythm of War contains some of the highest highs that ‘The Stormlight Archives’ has to offer but also falls victim to Sanderson humming excessively to the rhythms of indulgence and exposition as well as some lacklustre flashback chapters. This book is too long, and for the first time in the series, I feel like it really didn’t need to be!

*** EXPERIENCE DESTROYIN
TS Chan
Rereading via audiobook to savour what I've blasted through in mere days. 😄
__________________________

Rhythm of War had me humming to the Rhythm of Awe. Even with my sky-high expectations for this book, Sanderson has surpassed them yet again. This book is STORMING INCREDIBLE!

For seven years since I've started reading The Stormlight Archive, I couldn't decide which title was my favourite, as they were all equally amazing in their own right. That indecision has now ended as Rhythm of War has manag
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This review is spoiler-free.

Dealing out as many exhilarating moments and heartfelt ones as questions to think upon, Rhythm of War is a simply stunning composition from a masterful storyteller!

Heart on my sleeve here; the Stormlight Archives is my favourite series by far. I doubt anyone will be surprised that my most anticipated book of this year was Rhythm of War. While I had the best intentions of savouring this story, I devoured it in a couple of days, but I have zero regrets!

description
Art by Magali Vi
James Tivendale
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, freecopy
Please note: I don't believe my review includes any spoilers for Rhythm of War, but to be safe: minor spoilers may follow.

Rhythm of War picks up events approximately a year after the finale of Oathbringer. The Knights Radiant have continued their war against Odium's Fused and Singer armies though neither side has gained much headway. Many new Radiants are becoming familiar with their spren bond and powers. The former Parshmen, once slaves to humanity and now under the guidance of the immortal F
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, fantasy
4.5 stars! Here it is: the review I've been spending the last two months of solid reading (neglecting other books, not writing other reviews, ignoring my chores ...) working up to. Hope you all agree it was worthwhile. :) Review first posted on FantasyLiterature.com:

I feel a bit dazed as I finally emerge from a truly epic STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE marathon that lasted almost exactly two months, since that fateful September day when I decided I couldn’t turn down the offer of an advance copy of Rhythm o
Merphy Napier
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fantasy, four-stars
Full spoiler filled review coming soon!
Emma
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well.

Shit.
Celeste
Rhythm of War is hands down my favorite book of the year, and I’ve read some truly incredible books over the course of 2020. At the moment, it’s also my favorite fantasy book I’ve ever read. That title has been held by The Name of the Wind for over a decade, but in Rhythm of War Sanderson has usurped it.
Humans are a poem. A song.
For ones so soft, they are somehow strong.
For ones so varied, they are somehow intense.
For ones so lost, they are somehow determined.
For ones so confused, they are some
Warda
Apr 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Think this cover wins 2020, no?
Melissa ~ Bantering Books
Be sure to visit Bantering Books to read all my latest reviews.

“Journey before destination, you bastard.”

Whew. I did it. I finished the chunkster.

Rhythm of War, the fourth book in Brandon Sanderson’s high fantasy series, The Stormlight Archive, is massive. Clocking in at 1200+ pages, the novel is, as I said, a chunkster, and it is not a quick and easy read.

In fact, none of the books in the series are quick and easy – the first four volumes are all upwards of 1000 pages. And seeing
Catherine Stormblessed
Alright here is the non-spoiler review fellas: https://youtu.be/-uDFn6zhxM8

SPOILER THOUGHTS
This book made my cry SO MUCH. Chapter 80 was one of my fav chapters EVER. And that PEAK HOLY STORMS. I can’t express how much I love Kaladin. I’m so grateful for Sanderson explicating his depression so well. It is so beautiful to see myself in a character like Kaladin.
CHAPTER 108 HOLY AOFNEOFKAL REMEMBERING TIEN AND THEN THAT 4TH IDEAL I’M SO STORMING PROUD.
And NAVANI HOLY AAAAAAAH JOURNEU BEFORE DES
Allison Hurd
I...huh. I'm as shocked as you are. I storming love this series. I'm planning to get a Bridge Four tattoo. But this was...not up to the same standard as the first three books. Don't get me wrong, it was good, I did enjoy most of it. There were some parts that brought me to tears. Unfortunately, some of those tears were from boredom.

SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS BOOKS!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL.

CONTENT WARNING: (view spoiler)
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, adult, fantasy
100 stars.

“We don’t always see strength the right way […] Weakness doesn’t make someone weak, you see. It’s the opposite.”

As much as I loved this book when I read it, as many emotions as I was led to have from the incredibly beautiful, raw, and honest depiction of trauma and healing writing this review is something that has intimidated me to no end for a long time.

This was such an incredible book that I feel like anything I say about it won't be able to make it justice and will never
♛ may
Apr 16, 2020 marked it as on-hold-ill-get-to-it-one-day
the worst slump of my life thinks she can live rent free?? not when sando is involved bish. i'll see you in 3 weeks

I'm FREAKING!!! stoked!!! I've forgotten so many details but oh my god i've missed this series so bloody much 😭😭😭😭
Zitong Ren
This is a MASTERPIECE.

No, that’s not up for debate.

Sanderson in this book has really shown and highlighted his strengths in the fantasy genre and as reaffirmed the fact The Stormlight Archive is currently my favourite series being written currently. It is genuinely so masterful in so many ways and I loved this book so much from beginning to end. Even the tone and feel of this massive novel is epic in all proportions and it tells a tale filled with grandeur, heroes, and so much pain. The way San
Luffy
Jan 04, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rating this book takes me back to 2008, when I rated the movie The Dark Knight 6/10 stars. And now I'm giving the book of the year for many people, 1 star.

I admit to not understanding the story to even half completion. Lots of chapters are subtle. The epilogue is representative of that. But I can only relay what I could understand.

I found many of the stories in the book to be as unsatisfying as Soulcast grain. The book, for me, was indeed, a dirty trick. But I'll be there when book 5 comes chug
Robin (Bridge Four)
When you read your most anticipated book of the year and it meets or surpasses your every expectation where do you even begin with your review?
description

Well, I guess we will start at the beginning and in the prologue. The story opens with Navani’s PoV to let us see her in a whole new light. On the night Gavalar was killed she learned a few interesting things and we see how broken their marriage really was. The goals we thought he had for the shattered plains
I have discovered the entrance to the
Bradley
After reading this very long novel, there should be some kind of fatigue. I mean. I think it's longer than SK's The Stand. So a reader OUGHT to be drained by the attempt. But no. Not this time.

All these Stormlight Archives rage over me like the world-storms within the novel, recharge my heartstone, and make me utter all four oaths.

Seriously. There should be a warning label on this book. "Careless consumption will lead to fandom."

Okay, to be fair, I was already a huge fan of Sanderson for, like,
Holly
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing

How do you even review a book that is 1,200+ pages long?! Especially when it's the fourth book in a series and you don't want to give spoilers for the book or the series in general. So here's my very vague impressions/review:

- In the beginning I was getting a little bored at times with the war talks, 'scientific' developments, mental health issues, and flashbacks.
- But then by the end of this book I was seriously invested in every single one of those storylines (with the exception of th
Ali Abdaal
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing as expected. Mind blowing finale.
Twila
Spoiler Free Review
I have been giving this book a lot of thought over the past few days, trying to settle my thoughts. Even now, I hardly know where to begin. But this is a Stormlight Archive book. What else can really be said? It’s big, it’s bold, it’s brave, but at the same time, it’s surprisingly touching. It is an incredible blend of an impressively technical world with an emotional resonance from its characters that will stick to your ribs and remind you why fantasy is the best.

Ambition
J.L.   Sutton
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Journey before destination, you bastard.”

Nueva actualización de Rhythm of War de Brandon Sanderson | EL CABALLERO DEL ÁRBOL SONRIENTE

It feels like a lifetime ago that I first read about the exploits of Bridge Four on the Shattered Plains. The quote above, though, reminds me that in some ways I've come full circle in that journey. It is a shorthand take on the motto of the lost Radiants in The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive #1): "Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." The Radiants have returned and the journey, like Brandon Sanderson's world in Rhy
Deborah Obida
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Your actions define you more than your intentions. That your goals and the journey used to attain them must align.

Now that's a great book, I was a bit sceptical this book wouldn't live up to expectations given that the first three books in the series are above average.

The events in this book happened a year after Oathbringer, it was a year for them and three years for us. The human coalition are now working together, albeit withdrawn, but now they know that the threat is real and for them t
Hank
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned_kindle, failed
With apologies to all who love Sanderson's excruciatingly, mind numbingly intricate world, that sucked. That easily could have been cut in half and probably even more. Sanderson has now reached the point that all mega-authors inevitably reach, which is don't-have-to-listen-to-my editor-anymore. Sanderson's capacity to create a universe that is impossibly full of characters, limitless scenarios and wonder is pure genius. He is way smarter than I ever will be.

His current capacity to tell an entert
A.
12/16/19:
We have a release date!!

6/24/19:
There are now four posts on the subreddit, plus an excerpt from Lirin’s point of view!

1/4/19:
Mr. Sanderson has posted his first update in the Stormlight Archive subreddit!!

11/26/17:
I wish Goodreads would disable the feature that lets us rate books before they come out. This book deserves more than preemptive hype ratings.
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[4.5/5 stars] Rhythm of War was a satisfying addition to the series, offering a lot of cool new revelations. Not the least of which was finally learning how to properly spell “rhythm.”

I seriously can’t figure out how these 1000+ page books never feel as long as they are. Every page yields something of value and while I prefer some characters and settings to others, never once have I ever been bored while reading this series. Even on the reread! Probably even less so then. And that’s another thin

• Der Augensammler (Der Augensammler, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality
  • Dark Age (Red Rising Saga, #5)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • The Doors of Stone (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3)
  • The Raven Tower
  • Sailing to Sarantium (The Sarantine Mosaic, #1)
  • How to Become a Straight-A Student
  • The Memory Book: The Classic Guide to Improving Your Memory at Work, at School, and at Play
  • The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld, #41; Tiffany Aching, #5)
  • Ein Sturm zieht auf  (Die Brücke der Gezeiten, #1)
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (The Carls, #2)
  • Perfect Shadow (Night Angel, #0.5)
  • A Mark of Kings (The Shattered Reigns, #1)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
  • Musashi
  • Homo Faber
See top shelves…
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)

Articles featuring this book

“This is life, and I will not lie by saying every day will be sunshine. But there will be sunshine again, and that is a very different thing to say. That is truth.” 139 likes
“Journey before destination, you bastard.” 131 likes