Start by marking “Soul Catcher (The Soulkeepers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Soul Catcher (The Soulkeepers, #4)

Soul Catcher

(The Soulkeepers #4)

Kindle Edition
Published March 2013 (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Catcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Catcher

Aeicha
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When you get to the fourth book in a series, it can get quite hard to write helpful, coherent reviews without getting repetitive and spoilery, so I apologize if this review is vague and brief. But, the great thing about reviewing Soul Catcher, the fourth book in G.P. Ching's excellent The Soulkeeper's series, is that I can gush about how this series only gets better and better!

Like books one through three in The Soulkeepers series, Soul Catcher focuses mostly on a select few characters, and in t
Roger bookworm
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Ethan...Dane... *deep breath* *deep breath* *screams* *dies from cuteness overload*
Kim
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was just ok for me. I didn't care for the homosexuality in it.
Sally
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Young Adult Fiction - Plot was better than the writing
Susan
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay-lesbian
This one really upset me. I enjoy the basic storyline and the characters themselves. It is getting a bit repetitive, meaning that they fight Satan and almost die. There are new characters though and new powers.

The most Disturbing part however was the gay aspect of it. I don't believe in introducing this in a YA book, they are too confused as is. I wouldn't even like to read this detailed account in an adult book. I was skipping a lot toward the end. I will not read further in the series.

So, 2 or
Reid
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really good and good change for the book series. This book is mostly based off of Dane Michaels and how he get's his Soulkeeper power. Dane feels like an outcast out of all the Soulkeepers because he doesn't have a power, but lives amongst them. Dane has a troubled past and only one person can help him feel apart of the group. This is Ethan and his power is telekinesis. When Dane finds out about his power he feels more welcomed. It's important that Dane got his powers, b ...more
Darsie
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything I liked in the first three books of this series appears in this book too.

Great character development: especially liked that Dane got more page space, he was cruical to the story.

Again there is plenty of Soulkeeper action with a fantastic battle to relish but there are also some good quieter moments where the action is more cerebral.
I'll be looking for more books from this author.
FIVE stars.
Ciara C.
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book

I love the series. I would love for it to be a movie or show! I think it would be dope!
Randy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Olivia Allen
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
must read you all
Cathy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Phil Purkett jr.
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Soul Catcher accomplished something that i didn't think it could. It made me care about Dane. Until this book Dane was my least favorite character. But G.P Ching really did a good job showing another side of Dane that we(fans of the series) had not seen. The controversy regarding his new romantic interest, which took nothing away from the plot, was actually a nice addition to the story. We were allowed to step inside Dane's personal life, and Dane did not disappoint.

Similar to the other books in
Larissa
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dane was feeling left-out, he went to hell, came back, made a friend -- and now he's to discover where and to who he belongs. But it won't be an easy journey.

Since I have many snapshots I'll try to keep, at least, the writing spoil-free. Lucifer has a plan, a complex plan, Dane is needed for this plan to work. A heartless plan for that matter. Little is he (Lucifer) aware, nor anyone else, that Dane caries extraordinary cards on his sleeves. Not even himself.

If you were wondering that Dane belo
Nicole Hewitt
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A complete review and awesome GIVEAWAY has been posted on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction.

This book focuses on Dane Michaels, a human who has been thrown in with the Soulkeepers and doesn't quite know how he fits in. But, Malini (the Healer - and therefore leader of the Soulkeepers) senses that Dane is actually key to their latest mission and sends him out, prepared or not. Meanwhile, Dane is also struggling with his feelings for Ethan, the only person who makes him feel safe in his unimag
Simone
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2013
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. This is book 4 of The Soulkeepers Series. Staying true to the theme this series has been on, this book focused on only a few characters. In this portion, the Soulkeepers are in Eden training and trying to figure out what Lucifer will do next. Malini feels that Dane plays an important part in the search for the new Soulkeeper that is missing.

This was a great read, one that was very difficult to put down. It had quite a few twi
Jazmin Quinci
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I have to say that ching definitely created an interesting series. she really develops her characters with emotions that mirrors real life. for instance, Malini' s tearful response to her responsibilities. here is a protagonist that has the ability to lead with an iron fist and yet never loses her empathy. she shows true sadness and remorse that is both youthful and mature. then her character that struggles with his sexual identity. instead of making a love fest, she details the crisis Dane feel ...more
Paula Sealey
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I've been a big fan of the Soulkeepers series so far, and although I enjoyed this, the fourth adventure, it didn't keep me quite as gripped as the others have.

Dane is the main focus here, and we get to explore his blossoming relationship with Ethan, as well as his new found Soulkeeper powers. We also meet Cheveyo, a new Soulkeeper who is unaware of his powers. I enjoyed his character, and hope it will be expanded upon in future stories.

Although the majority of this story is based in Eden, there
Luisa
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really really enjoyed the fourth book of the series. It's a total page turner, a good, fun read. The concept is getting deeper, the ultimate fight against good and evil getting closer, and I'm a big fan of Dane. I think he's really grown in this book, and has found his place among the Soulkeepers. I read in the end of the book that the author got some bad feedback because of the insertion of gay characters in a book with a religious story, but I'm glad she did. I for one became a bigger fan be ...more
Brendan
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dane Michaels has been to Hell and back and isn't interested in repeating the experience. But as a human caught up in the Soulkeeper's world, his life isn't exactly his own. No one can explain why Dane was allowed through the gates of Eden, but it's changed everything. Now, the only one who can make him feel safe is Ethan, the telekinetic Soulkeeper with a dark past and a heart of gold.

When Malini asks Dane to be part of a mission to find the last Soulkeeper, Cheveyo, more than one team member t
Jenny
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the series from the beginning. I wasn't sure about this one, because I wasn't a fan of Dane in the beginning of the series. After starting the book, I felt like I was home with the family. I usually don't like too many characters in a book, it is hard to keep them straight, but this series has gradually introduced the characters and I love them all. It was so great to read about them. I even love how she keeps all the characters involved or else has them play a part. The book flows so we ...more
Berrynana
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I still don't like the writing style, but I do love the story. When I started reading the series, I thought "Here we go, another preacher here to tell us that God saves Christians and everyone else goes to hell." But this book was slightly more progressive with a coming out story and a little sex thrown in. Hey, there was even alcohol... It didn't make you drunk or anything, but hey! Alcohol!

Yeah.. What's the point of alcohol that doesn't get you drunk? Wait, aren't the soul keepers under aged?
Chris Valdes
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How many love stories do you need

The main story of the series is in constant battle for time in the book against the side stories of relationships. Every book is half a love drama. Too many times are we waiting and fighting our way through chapters of are we going to be together relationships. All new each book stick to the story fill your book with good story telling and environment
Not just teen angst romance with a adventure story as a back drop
Shannon
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps thrilling me! Just when I think G.P. Ching has no more surprises to unveil, a new one comes at me out of nowhere. Really enjoy the direction the series is moving in. Dane's character has more depth now and I enjoyed getting to know him better. And Malini is really growing into her power and leadership. I really enjoy watching each soulkeeper grow. Can't wait for the next installment now!
bookworm
Apr 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
As a Christian,i dont agree homosexuality in this book. I enjoyed other parts of the series in this but, Sexuality is expressed a lot in this book, and i hope it isn't in the next. Since Christianity is expressed in the book, it would've been a lot better if homosexuality wasnt involved. i hope the next books are not as bad.
Kathy Chung
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
awesome plot. had to laugh when Lucifer got his arse kicked. it's time for the Soulkeepers to fight back

hmmm...just when I mentioned how glad i was that there's no cliffhanger ending in book 1-3,.....i hope book 5 things wil turn out okay. don't quite like what the title is hinting..Lost Eden. sound like it would be quite heart breaking
Skyp Coleman
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I must say this is one of the best books in the series !!! I believe that the story line of Dane was put into the story line as the stories have been following Christianity. And for anyone who is a true Christian will understand and what it means to be a Christian , if not in this book, then in the last book.
Beth Knowles
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely not my favorite book of the series. No one thing stands out, I was just a little bored and not able to relate to the characters as much. Still moving on to the next book and look forward to seeing how things turn out
Kevin
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if this REALLY deserves 5 stars. To be perfectly honest, the book was over too fast and the story resolved itself much too easily and quickly. But I ate it up. I couldn't put it down. And that is enough for me to give it 5 stars. A great addition to the series.
Cameron Mascari
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting read, better than the last for sure. I'm not sure if I like how all the books are representing certain characters or not (Jacob book 1, Malini 2, Dr. Silva and Gideon 3, and Dane 4.) but it was definitely interesting.
Kerri Harris
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another brilliant book in the series, absolutely love Dane and Ethan (almost as much as Mara and Henry.)

The book was action packed and all of the characters came into their own. It's very rare you get to see all of the characters evolve throughout a series.
  • The Gathering (Arianna Rose, #3)
  • Portraits of Devotion
  • Mortal (Soul Guardians #6)
  • Before You Sleep (In Your Dreams #3)
  • Polterheist (Esther Diamond, #5)
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • Maggie's Mistake
  • Hope for the Holidays Historical Collection
  • Lies in Blood (Dark Secrets, #4)
  • The Scholar
  • Tainted Legacy
  • The Secret Gospel of Ireland: The Untold Story of How Science and Democracy Descended from a Remarkable Form of Christianity That Developed in Ancient Ireland
  • Transforming Children Into Spiritual Champions: Why Children Should Be Your Church's #1 Priority
  • Hands To Make War (The Awakened, #3)
  • Love in the Time of a Highland Laird
G.P. Ching is a USA Today bestselling author of fantasy novels for young adults and not-so-young adults. She bakes wicked cookies, is commonly believed to be raised by wolves, and thinks both the ocean and the North Woods hold magical healing powers. G.P.'s idea of the perfect day involves several cups of coffee and a heavy dose of nature. She splits her time between central Illinois and Hilton He ...more

The Soulkeepers (6 books)
  • The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers, #1)
  • Weaving Destiny (The Soulkeepers, #2)
  • Return to Eden (The Soulkeepers, #3)
  • Lost Eden (The Soulkeepers, #5)
  • The Last Soulkeeper (The Soulkeepers, #6)