Start by marking “Breaking the Rules (Random Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Rules (Random Romance #1)

Breaking the Rules

(Random Romance)

The first in a series of erotic novellas, featuring different women whose lives are changed by Ramon Mendez, a handsome, charismatic lover...

Then Ramon Mendez walks into her offic
Published January 2nd 2013 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Rules

Start your review of Breaking the Rules (Random Romance #1)
Joanna  Mongelluzzo
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three words- LOVED THIS BOOK!

Everyone needs Ramon in their life!!! Oh boy!!!

I was hooked beginning of the first page. The plot was awesome, the writing was great, each page I turned I couldn't get more. I wanted more and more of Ramon.

Breaking the Rules is part of a series of books about Ramon, who is doing his PhD in erotic literature. In this first book we meet Grace, an Associate Professor of Social Science. She chose her career over her social life and ended up swearing men off because she
Katie_la_geek
Jan 16, 2013 rated it liked it
For this review and more visit my blog

I was very unsure about reading this book, I am a firm HEA girl and from the sound of the blurb I was pretty sure that the two main characters were not going to stay together. Is that the kind of book I really want to read? I didn’t think so but I am really glad I did because Breaking the Rules turned out to be a pleasant surprise and was not at all what I thought it was.

Breaking the Rules is fairly explicit, it does not shy away from that aspect but what i
Shirley Frances
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh my! This is one hot read. From the start Kate Belle draws the reader into the story introducing you to Grace. She is a career driven woman who decided to forgo men, marriage and children to focus on her career. She considers her friendship with a male colleague "the most fulfilling relationship with a man she'd ever had."

In walks into her office Ramon Mendez. A handsome PhD student, he rattles her in way that she never imagined. She considers him rude and pretentious and she is determined to
Sofia Lazaridou
Jan 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
I did not liked it. I did not see Ramon as a great lover more like a fairy godmother. It doesn't have any steamy scenes and I could not see the bond between him and Grace or Grace and Andrew. Andrew had to fight more than he did (which was close to unexisted) A mystery was created around Ramon and yet nothing was revealed about him. I don't think I would buy it if I had a chance or would lend it to someone. I am hoping for a better sequel. I might read book 2 (Bloom) but only because once I star ...more
Patricia
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well I guess we can all learn something if we open our minds to what life has to offer us. Grace placed her career before herself and convinced herself she didn't miss it. Once Ramon, a PHD student walked into her life he helped her open her mind to what could be. At first I thought this guy was a complete jerk, but first appearances are not always what they seem. A NOvella that leaves you wanting more.
Tash
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

Breaking the Rules is the first in a untitled series by Katie Belle featuring Ramon Mendez, a handsome guy in his early thirties ,who is using his looks to help women and change their lives one woman at a time.

In the first book his target is Grace, who is happy where she is until he turns her world upside down. Grace was engaged to be married but broke it off as they weren’t working towards the same places as she wanted to focu
Literary George (For Your Literary Pleasure Blog)
♡B♡
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-netgalley-0
3.5
These were a cute read. It was also quick.

I will say that I just didn't connect with Ramon as much as I was hoping I would. I wanted to like him and thought that things would end differently in the first book, but when I got to the second book I thought, okay maybe this will end how I expect, no not so much. He is like the modern day Don Juan. He is out to provide his services to awaken women's sexual pleasure as well as make them realize what they want out of a relationship. NOW that being
Lori
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
I just finished this book about three hours ago and I’m still not really sure what I think of it. I began asking myself some questions to figure it out. Like would I buy this book…probably no. Would I recommend this book if it was free…maybe. Was I compelled to turn the next page or did I just do it because I needed to finish the book…the later. Am I feeling this way because the book I read before this one was so fantastic that I would be disappointed with any book read after that one….Maybe. Di ...more
Paula  Phillips
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok, first off why does that not surprise me that I have once again managed to read a series backwards. I seem to always have a knack for reading Book #2 or #3 etc before Book #1 . I'm not always sure how this happens but alas my dear readers it does. I wonder if there is some unwritten book rule which I have broken by reading series out of order. Just like me , this book is all about Breaking the Rules - though in my case unlike me this book is about Breaking the Rules sexually and between some ...more
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Saucey, Sensual, and Sexy

Grace lived her life according to her own rules. Men were friends and collegues and nothing more, until Ramon stepped into her office and changed everything. He challenges her to relax and be the person she is meant to be. He pushes her to live her life to the fullest and brace her sexuality. With the help of Roman showing her pleasures she never knew he body could have he helps her open up to everyone around her and she starts to see her life in a new light.

This is a sh
Rating: 4
Book Blog For: GMTA
Series: Random Romance #1
Review:

"Breaking the Rules" by Kate Belle was the first in a series: 'Radom Romance' of erotic novels by this author. This will be a read where you find the writing sensuous and erotic and with the character Grace that allures the character by the name of Ramon Mendez. Now, let me say up front this is a mature adult read. Not for the fai
Heather
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Marian
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kate-bell
Unexpected. Interesting. Sexy. Leaves you wanting more.

Grace has sworn off men and keeps all her relationships strictly platonic. She is hoodwinked into mentoring Ramon, her new PhD student. He is researching comtemporary female eroticism and sexuality. And he's on a mission to convince her that her theories on the subject are all wrong.

Andrew, Grace's colleague and friend, was responsible for organizing Roman's mentorship with Grace. After she met Roman, she tried to convince Andrew that he nee
İlkim
Tüm yorum için Kitap Esintisi sayfasına bakabiirsiniz.

I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. I’m surprised because I usually love those main two characters in erotic novels, I get used to them easily. But this time I couldn’t do that. I didn’t like Ramon that much. He was one of the usual characters in the books like these. But his role as a mentor, teaching Grace how to satisfy herself, how the sex could be, there was no romance for me and at the beginning I thought that two will be in a relati
Kat (idangerous)
Arc provided by Netgallery

Where to begin....

"Grace is a beautiful woman in complete control of her world. A long time ago she chose a career – as Associate Professor of Social Science - over children and marriage, and has never regretted it.
Then Ramon Mendez walks into her office.
Ramon is about to begin his PhD, a work on erotic literature, and from the outset there is something about him that makes Grace's blood run hot.
Aware of the need to keep up her professional reputation, she rejects his s
Julie
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Sexy nouvella!!

Meet Grace....a University Associate Professor. She is career oriented, serious, and chose her career over having a family/marriage. She has never regretted this decison. Grace has been assigned to supervise a student on his research.

Enter Ramon Mendez.....he is the new research student. His topic of research?? The contemporary female eroticism and sexuality!! This sexy student radiates sexual appeal. Grace finds herself disturbed by how he can shake her composure.

Ramon makes it
Donna
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Being a professional woman isn't easy on your love life. All the men in Graces’ life to this point didn't understand her need to succeed in her chosen profession so she has given up men except as friends and colleagues. Ramon is a research student who is assigned to Graces’ supervision. Ramon’s topic of research is a work on erotic literature, female eroticism and sexuality. Ramon’s passion is the human female organism. In Grace he sees a passionate woman who denies the sexual part of her being. ...more
April
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Angela Noviana
ARC courtesy by Netgalley

Grace Kingston is a associate professor who became a supervisor for a PhD student, Ramon Mendez. In the beginning, Grace didn't want to supervise him because Ramon is a bit unusual. Slowly, Ramon introduced her to a pleasure world and Grace seems could not object.

It's a well-written novella and I enjoy reading it. It's HOT, definitely. But, it seems for me is not enough. The story is flat and predictable. I don't like character whom being used for pleasure and he gave it
Tracey
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, erotica

This is a novella so is not a long book.

Grace works at a university, is 47 but looks good for it, she's singe and uptight. Her colleague Andrew informs her she has a new charge to supervise....... Thirty something Ramon, who is studying woman and sexuality. Ramon has shoulder length dark hair with a curl to it and is Spanish - get the picture !!!

The first time they meet he starts to flirt with her, she's not impressed - but this man will not stop pushing.

There are some very steamy sce
B.J.
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Received as an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

Grace is an Assoc Professor who is assigned to mentor Ramon Mendez for his thesis on Women's erotica. Straight away she is rattled by Ramon and the effect his presence has on her.

I liked Grace. She was quite strict on her own life, living in an ordered and uncomplicated manner, living and breathing work with the only socialising being with her colleague Andrew every friday night. I liked how Ramon bought her out of her shell and opened her up
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Jan 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley-books
NetGalley free read

I didn't hate it, but I didn't think it was okay either. It was a little boring to me. I'm not sure I like the idea that Ramon goes from woman to woman, which doesn't require me to be invested in the story of his non-relationship with Grace. I knew their relationship would end and I didn't feel like there was any connection other than the sex.

No reason to want to now what was going to happen, because you knew from the beginning that there was really nothing there.
Mhkerby
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kate Belle proves with her novellas that she is an accomplished and very talented author. Her command of language and distinct style in using it, ensures these erotic stories are told with class and charisma. Her ability to portray sexy Ramon as the consummate lover and educator of women in the art of making true love, transcends many other authors abilities and I cannot wait for her novel THE YEARNING to be released in May. Watch this author, she is something special.
Jodie
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Short book I finished it in 3 hours it's about a woman stuck in a rut work and no play and that's how she likes it till she meets mr sexy Ramon who she's got to mentor and his learning about woman's sexuality.well I enjoyed this book I don't usually read short books but I did enjoy it.
Helen
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is different than the books I normally read but I did enjoy it Ramon is a very confident sexy man and teaches Grace what being pleasured is all about and how to enjoy a very good story I did enjoy this one
Keeley
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, hot-steamy
Hot Sexy short erotic novella!!!

Ramon Mendez, sex god, changing womens lives!!!

I enjoyed this one and will look for the others.
Nancy
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book did not do it for me. I did not get a feel for the characters and just could not get into the book. It seemed like it was missing something. Did enjoy some parts, but just not enough.
LipSmackin' GoodBooks Bloggin' Bitches
I'll give it 2, and those stars are only because it had good smexy scenes.
Kathryn
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOT HOT HOT
Kate is a multi-published author of dark, sensual love stories that will mess with your head. Her interests include talking to strangers, collecting unread books, and ranting about the world’s many injustices. She writes regularly about women, relationships, sexuality and books on her blog, The Ecstasy Files. She is also the creator of the Eros in Action writing sex workshop.
Kate lives, writes and

Random Romance (2 books)
  • Bloom (Random Romance #2)