Start by marking “Fast Forward” as Want to Read:
Fast Forward

Fast Forward

Aspiring supermodel Kelli Crawford seems destined to marry her hotshot boyfriend, but on her 25th birthday she wakes in the future as a fifty-year-old suburban housewife married to the now middle-aged high school nerd.

Trapped in the opposite life of the one she wanted, Kelli is forced to re-evaluate her life and discover what is really important to her. Will she overcome
Published February 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing - Harlequin Enterprises, Australia Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Fast Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast Forward

Dinosaurs & Cherry Stems by Susan Jean RicciQuantum Roots II by Kyle KeyesRoses at Dusk by M.W. RussellBreaking the Nexus by Lindsay AvalonSuch Unfortunates by Andrew     Mann
Best New Author Books
1,443 books — 1,643 voters
Bound by Her Ring by Nicole FlocktonFish Out Of Water by Ros BaxterFast Forward by Juliet MadisonWhat Love Sounds Like by Alissa CallenMistaken Engagement by Jenny Schwartz
Escape Reads
77 books — 105 voters

More lists with this book...

Norah Una Sumner
Such a fun and hilarious read!

I was laughing out loud the whole time and,trust me,that doesn’t happen so often.This book made me relax and laugh after a stressful week full of exams.The main character Kelli is such a great character! Yes,yes,she made some questionable choices like stalking her boyfriend in the future,trying to fit into SlimFX Magic Suit but hey,nobody’s perfect! And if she didn’t do these things I probably wouldn’t laugh my ass of as much as I did.
“I’m sorry, Mr McSnelly. We d
Rose
Fast Forward, I love you.

Not because you're an extremely deep and thoughtful book (because you're not... or at least not really but more on that later) but because you gave a teenage girl's brain a (in my opinion) much deserved little break after weeks of (LE HORRIBLE!!!) exam stress.

Sometimes, when I give books like you 5 stars, I wonder: is it unfair to other books I've given 5 stars to? You know, I love you and all but then I start comparing and I'm like: mhm, is this fair? And you know what?
Myrna
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-ebook
Cute, fun book with a good message.
The ending was...
 photo 17_zpsxsgfzy1i.gif

Favorite quote: "Life is for the living, is it not? If you're too focused on the future you forget to have fun in the moment."
Fiona Marsden
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first Chick Lit book I've read for a while and it took me a while to get into it. Perhaps this was because the heroine kept complaining about being me. As in a 50 year old middle aged woman with adult children, saggy breasts, jelly belly and an affinity for Princess Fiona as an ogre in Shrek. Yes the reason why I am Princess Fiona in my emails and net persona is that I identify with that particular character.

All the same, once I got into it, I thoroughly enjoyed the story line. Our h
Renee
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016, australian
A fun chick lit story with a time travel twist.

I related more to the 50-year-old future life of Kelli than I did to her immature self-centred 25-year-old life and hoped that she would realise its value and make the right choices to take her there. I found Kelli immature and annoying at the beginning of the novel, which gave her great scope for character development.

A fun, quick read. I'm looking forward to reading more of Juliet's books.
Marina
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The original review is posted here:

Kelli is about to celebrate her 25-th birthday. Seems a brilliant modelling career is ahead of her, and her boyfriend Grant is going to propose. Everything appears to be perfect for her. Until one day she wakes up and comes to realization she is 25 years older and even has wrinkles! Not only her appearance is changed and she seems to aged over night, but now she’s married to William and has two kids. Oh, and she’s soon be
Fiona
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a fun, warm-heated and intelligently written contemporary romance, you can't go past Fast Forward. This is a triumph of a debut novel from Juliet Madison! The story follows Kelli, a 25 year old model who wakes up on her birthday, only to discover she's jumped into the future and is now 50. She is, of course, horrified and desperate to return to being 25 again. Through all the crazy experiences she has in the future as a 50 year old, Kelli discovers what's really important i ...more
Alli Sinclair
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read Fast Forward prior to publication. Juliet Madison is a master at humour and combines this seamlessly with tough, emotional challenges the characters are faced with. Fast Forward takes the reader on a roller coaster that will have you laughing one minute and tearing up the next and the reader can't help but root for the main character, Kelli, to make ammends and finally work out what is most important in her life. This is Ms. Madison's first foray into fiction and I'll ...more
Tara Chevrestt
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, romance
This is already going on my "best books of 2013" list and I'll be watching greedily for anything else this author puts out.

I laughed so hard...and I sniffled from "I'm so touched" tears more than twice.

Imagine..You're 25, you're whole life is ahead of you, you're a supermodel with a sexy cameraman beau...what more could a girl ask for?

But then you wake up 50 and find you have two kids, a roll of fat, a husband named McSnelly, and wrinkles!

Kelli has one day to figure out why she's suddenly time-t
Swati
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
Kelli is gorgeous, thin and aspiring supermodel. It’s her twenty-fifth birthday and today she should be wearing thong and celebrating her birthday with her smoking hot boyfriend and a super amazing best friend but instead she woke up as fifty-years old with roll of fat, a husband who is looking forward to kinky sex and as if it is not enough than she has children too, one gay and one pregnant. Kelli has no idea that how and why her life has taken such a big leap but all she knows that now she ha ...more
Asma
Kellie had a chance of a peek into her future, twenty five years forward! But she found a life she didn't ever expected or wanted, married to a man she never thought in a million years she would be that in love with, with a different career and with kids!!

A very interesting and lovely story! And I really liked the author's image of the future, I absolutely enjoyed that!
Juanita Kees
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fast Forward is a great read! Fresh, funny and very entertaining. Juliet Madison has done a wonderful job with her debut release. There are many LOL moments in this book, so be prepared for a fun ride. Ms Madison balances the humour beautifully with tender moments - have the Kleenex close at hand.

A five star read and one that tops my list of 'to read again'.
Sarah Belle
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed reading this book that it was a shame for it to end! I laughed with the characters, and at them. I cried with them and for them. The characters were engaging, real and memorable. I recommend this book to anyone after a great read that will stay with you after the final page.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

My thoughts on Fast Forward:

First off Fast Forward reminded me a lot of 13 Going on 30, you know that movie that starred Jennifer Garner who turns 13 and on her birthday wishes she's 30. The next day she wakes up 30 and still has 13 year old mind, but looks older.

Well, Kelli Crawford is about to turn 25, but the day of her birthday she jumps ahead 25 years and now is 50. Eek, talk about a bad dream. She has no clue why she has woken up at 50 years old when she's suppos
Michelle
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fast Forward is Juliet Madison’s debut novel, published by Harlequin’s digital imprint Escape Publishing. We will be part of Juliet’s big release blog tour later this month when we have her in for an interview, but before that I have a review of her debut novel Fast Forward.

I loved this book! I found Juliet’s writing style to be emotive and witty with some extremely beautiful scenes that had me reaching for the tissues.

Fast Forward isn’t what I think of as a time travel story but I don’t know wh
Jannah (Cloud Child)
I cheated. I couldn't read this all the way through or I would have choked with all that gagging..the author doesn't have that magical talent of writing where you don't tell the reader but you show.

I think with better writing and the protagonist was a less self absorbed or detail obsessed woman then I may have enjoyed it a bit more and connected more with her. But it felt like a happy go lucky shove it down your throat sugar fest. And quite juvenile, less mid 20s more teen angst.

I'm sorry but I
Jenny Schwartz
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2013
"Fast Forward" is not only the title of the book, it's also a really intriguing concept that Juliet Madison develops through the story. It's original (to me, at any rate!) and believable (in its way). Best of all, the characters in "Fast Forward" are honest, recognisable, and their relationships -- I loved the genuine emotion of the relationships, their conversation and the tangled mess we can make of relating to those most important to us.

There is a clarity to "Fast Forward" that gives depth to
Rebecca Raisin
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was also lucky enough to read an advance copy of Fast Forward. I have never laughed so much in any book ever!! I stopped reading and immediately emailed Juliet and said, I really am LOL'ing, and not the computer LOL'ing, the real Laugh out loud, I've forgotten I've had a bad day, this is hilarious kind of laughing. It's a great fast paced story with a nice message. Loved it and can't wait for the next book by this author.
Pennie Morgan
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The premise was intriguing and story made me laugh throughout. Kelli was annoying at the beginning but I believe the author made her that way to show her growth and maturity. Overall, this was an extremely satisfying read and I would recommend it to everyone. I give this a very high 4.5 stars!
Sumaiya
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love love love this book. Simply beautiful. I love how the story goes and there is nothing that I don't like about it. The whole concept of the book and how the story unfolds. And the writing style. Its just wonderful.

I would recommend it to everyone to read it!
Stacy
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh gosh, this made me cry. In a good way. Maybe because I'm just a few years shy of 50 myself and can relate to the huge change in values people have from age 25 to 50. Especially anyone who has children.
Alexa
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
what an amazing book! It has a such a unique plot and was written really well with great characters. 5 stars.
Julia
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
2,7
I can't say I really liked it, but it's pretty good if you're in the mood for a sweet and fluffy chick-lit novel.
Bree T
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kelli Crawford has everything going for her. On the eve of her 25th birthday, the aspiring model is incredibly happy. Her career is taking off, she has the most perfect photographer boyfriend who she thinks might be about to propose and all her friends are gathering the next night to help her celebrate her milestone. And she’s bought the most perfect red dress for the occasion.

When Kelli wakes up the next morning, there’s something wrong. The face looking back at her isn’t her beautiful, smooth,
Harisa Henderson
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

I liked this. Light and easy! Read on elliptical when I forgot my headphones and a good in-between bar prep read.
Lyn  Ching
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shallow soon-to-be supermodel Kelli is having the time of her life. With a career on the upswing and a possible engagement to the love of her life, she has it all. Then on her 25th birthday, she wakes to find herself thrown into the future, 25 years forward, in a jiggly, saggy 50 year old body. She doesn’t recognize herself, nor the family she seems to have gained overnight: two grown children and a husband, William McSnelly, the high school nerd.

Kelli is desperate to go back to the past she kno
Liz
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

You can also read my review at https://www.lizzylovesgoodbooks.com/r...

A cute, if predictable, cross between 13 Going on 30 and Freaky Friday. This is one of those books that you read in an afternoon on the beach - or, in my case, the middle of February, wishing I were on the beach. . . .

Aspiring supermodel Kelli Crawford is living the dream with her best friend, Selena, and hot boyfriend, Grant, but the morning of her twenty-fifth birthday she wakes up at age fifty instead in a totally
Lillian
I seriously enjoyed reading Fast Forward by Juliet Madison. The story was sweet, funny, and showed how one decision can affect your entire life! On the eve of Kelli Crawford's twenty-fifth birthday, she seems to have everything she's ever wanted in life: a successful career as a model, a best friend to share her secrets with, and a boyfriend who loves her and is going to propose! Then on the morning of her birthday, Kelli wakes up to find she is fifty, married to the boy from high school everyon ...more
Amanda Smith
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free, love, kindle
I had a horrible day yesterday so I decided to find a short quick read for myself and as I was going through my collection of “short” books, I saw this one. When I originally downloaded it, I was very intrigued by it so I figured why not? I was really looking for something to catch me and keep me entertained.

Well I definitely got a good one! To me the book was just going to be some moral story, romantic, & have some comedy. However, it also has a slice of sci-fi which was awesome! The autho
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Chick Lit Readers, looking to LOL
So I read Fast Forward by Juliet Madison over a few day period after being recommended to me by a friend of mine when I was looking for a light chick-lit read. Fast Forward is about 25 year old model Kelli who wakes up the night after her 25th birthday and she can't remember what happened the night before. Worse than that, she wakes up and is no longer her slim model-self. She's become an overweight 50 year old version of herself. She's horrified to find this and I'll admit, I thought she was ex ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Hindsight
  • The Debt & The Doormat
  • Down Outback Roads (Outback Dust #2)
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Almost True (When I Was Joe, #2)
  • (Once) Again (Again, #2)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Pine Mountain, #2)
  • Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy, #1)
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
  • Eve and Adam: Chapters 1-5
  • Forever Layla
  • Sidekick (Sidekick in the City, #1)
  • Innocence Lost (For Queen and Country, #1)
  • Hope's Road
  • Shadows Of Hunters Ridge (Hunters Ridge #2)
  • Under the Hood (Under the Law #2)
  • The Kissing Season
Juliet Madison is a naturopath-turned-author of fiction and self-help, and a colouring book artist. She likes to combine her love of words, art, and inspiration to create books that entertain and empower readers to love, laugh, and live.
She enjoys putting her characters into extraordinary situations and taking them on a challenging journey to discover their true passion and inner strength, weavin