Start by marking “The Scarpetta Cookbook: 175 Recipes from the Acclaimed Restaurant” as Want to Read:
The Scarpetta Cookbook: 175 Recipes from the Acclaimed Restaurant

The Scarpetta Cookbook: 175 Recipes from the Acclaimed Restaurant

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Scott Conant’s five Scarpetta restaurants all garner rave reviews, but many know Conant best from his regular appearances on Food Network shows like Chopped (as a frequent judge) and on Bravo’s Top Chef. He and his restaurants have been cited on such lists as Esquire’s "Best New Restaurants in America." The subject of this cookbook, Scarpetta, received a three-star review ...more
Published October 15th 2013 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Scarpetta Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scarpetta Cookbook

Jillyn
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, requested
When I saw that I was approved to get this title, I was super excited. I am an avid watcher of the Food Network, and Chopped is a show that I watch differently. I know from watching that show that Scott Conant is a master of pasta, but I hadn't really known too much about his own cooking. The Scarpetta Cookbook contains 125 recipes from his restaurant, Scarpetta. I was definitely pleased with this book.

First let's talk about the eye candy, and no, I don't mean Scott himself. The photography of t
Scott Miller
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five stars just for his spaghetti recipe alone.
Darren
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Another day and another restaurant-to-book tie-in or so it feels. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing but it can generate a tad of reviewer-fatigue. Of course, if you have a connection to the restaurant, its chef or the author you will already be excited and more accepting than perhaps the average reader may be.

So here is a book promising 150 recipes from the "acclaimed restaurant" that has expanded into several cities already and the results are rather formulaic and predictable. A beautifu
Debbie
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
I am so excited about this cookbook. There are so many amazing recipes so meticulously detailed that even if I don't particularly like a certain ingredient I would include it and am sure I'd love the finished product.

Scott Conant includes absolutely everything in this cookbook to make each recipe work if you follow the directions. Many of the recipes are time consuming but I think of them more as an adventure. I enjoyed reading all of the information about the recipes, ingredients and techniques
Jessica
Nov 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks-2013
I love Scott Conant as a judge on Chopped, so I was excited to check out his cookbook. But, there weren't any recipes I wanted to try. I'm sure he's a great chef and I would definitely eat at his restaurant, but I didn't love his cookbook.
Jerri
Kate
May 02, 2015
Judy Heintz
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Love him as a chef, but not many recipes in here that I'd make or that my family would eat
David Prodan
Vanessaj
Jan 08, 2014
Anthony England
Sep 19, 2017
In 2008, SCOTT CONANT opened Scarpetta restaurant in New York City and received three-star reviews from the New York Times. Conant often appears as a judge on the popular Food Network show Chopped as well as Today and Bravo's Top Chef.