Start by marking “These Inconvenient Fireworks” as Want to Read:
These Inconvenient Fireworks

These Inconvenient Fireworks

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  721 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
One Direction Fanfic
Future AU in which nobody tries out for X Factor but the boys end up finding one other eventually anyway. Louis is a jaded bastard who owns a cat named Duchess and teaches drama to teenagers, Harry is an idealistic aspiring photographer/part-time footy coach, Zayn teaches English lit and wears leather jackets, Liam saves people from burning buildings, a
Free Online Fiction, 591 pages
Published 2012 by Wattpad

Cristina T.
These Inconvenient Fireworks is fanfiction. One Direction fanfiction. Now, if you have a problem with that, don't bother reading the rest of this review.

A couple years ago, my best friend introduced me to One Direction. She asked me to listen to "What makes you beautiful", calling the boys fun and cheeky. Being the cynical bitch I am–and keeping in mind that all the cool people hated 1D, so why should I even listen to one of their songs to form a personal opinion?–I was like "Seriously?! One Dir
D
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Who really wrote this? I would love to purchase more books by the authors. This was brilliant! It made me laugh, made me cry, and I just loved it. The quality of writing was better than many popular authors I have read. I actually did not realize it was fan fiction and the characters names were the same as the members of One Direction. The authors should change the names a little and get this published. Please write more, I love the writing style and the character development!
Jesi
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer-lit
Am I adding a One Direction fanfic to my read list? Yes, because it was 591 pages and only God can judge me.
Karen
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Available for FREE on Smashwords!

I am not a fan of One Direction -- I wouldn't have even recognized the names to know that the characters in the book were named after a boy band -- and I think that is one of the things that made me able to appreciate this book on its own merits. I guess technically it's fanfic, but since I don't know these men, to me it read like great original fiction.

The book mainly follows Louis Tomlinson, a high school drama teacher in Manchester, England, through a year of
Paige Campbell
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's probably the best book -especially as far as fanfic goes- and the writing is both beautiful and hilarious. You don't even have to like One Direction to absolutely fall in love with story. That's why it is a complete shame that it seems to be impossible to get your hand on an actual book copy of it. I would re-read it in a heartbeat. So if anyone has a link to buy an actual book copy of it let me know!. xx
Marissa
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting to read this but I can't find it anywhere! Can someone please help! I've tried the larry library links and google but can't seem to find it! Help! Please!
Amanda
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
O.k. so this 1D fanfic is like a full length novel. It's looong and gets a but slow at some points but I adored the entire book. The sex scenes make up for any lagging. The carwash scene? UNF. The french maid costume scene? BY FAR the hottest sex scene ever. UNF UNF.

Also, the POV's are a bit weird in the begining, and it switches between 2 MC's that are friends. Once I got into the groove of reading it I didn't stop.
Colleen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, the Bible of Larry shippers, just above Room 317. The talent of the two writers is utterly astounding as These Inconvenient Fireworks is a humorous, touching, and emotional AU. There's no flaw in its many pages. Highly recommend it to anyone who loves Harry/Louis and the band as a whole.
Thalia
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is truly the most beautifully written fanfic I have ever read. This fanfic has correct grammar, chapters are a perfect length- not to long not to short- has an advance vocabulary and a breathtaking story plot. It has a little bit of everything, with humor, romance, and drama. Bringing all the characters from One Direction makes it that much more exciting. The author sticks to all of the boys true personalities. It has both joy plus heartbreak. You don't need to be a Larry nor a Ziam shipper ...more
Brenda
Quienes me conozcan sabran que sigo a 1D desde el 2011 y aprendi a amar a esos chicos en contra de mi voluntad y por el 2012 empece a creer que dos de los miembros eran pareja. Ahora estoy bastante segura de que lo son y no creo que nada me haga cambiar de opinión.

Asi que cuando lei TIF ya tenia una larga lista de fanfics leidos pero ningun fanfic habia sido mejor que este.
Y hace poco que lo volví a leer mantengo mi opinion, es uno de los mejores fanfics de 1D que existe.

Les recomiendo mucho le
Katie(babs)
Nov 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
1D fan fiction. Enough said.
Annie
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
killmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillme
Marston
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
don;t talk to me
Preston
Feb 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
The immature, faux-literary tripe is beneath amateurish. It actually is childish rubbish.
Sandra
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it's a 1D fanfic. Get over it. It's not important. They could change their names and you wouldn't even know.

I usually don't read fanfiction, I'm not really sure why, I just don't. But I kept reading opinions about this one and decided to give it a go. I only didn't read it in one sitting because it's large and I do have a job and a household to run.

I cried while reading this. I cried a lot. Because the characters moved me, but mostly because I recognized my younger self in so many things, t
ida
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5/5

So this is obviously a One Direction fanfic. I might as well admit that I've been reading fanfics since I was around 13, haha. In a way this certainly doesn't feel like a fanfic. It's incredibly well written and is up there alongside my favorite books. It's very long but it still didn't take me that long to read mainly because it's so good it's impossible to put down.

I liked it because it's really well written, the characterization is on point, it's hilarious (Zayn and that wet t-shirt contes
Holly
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Look, I realize I should feel some semblance of shame for putting fanfiction on my Goodreads. I have never done it before. But three reasons: 1) this is good/real/well-written enough to already have its own page on Goodreads; 2) it was almost 600 pages fuck that I'm getting credit for it!; and 3), most importantly, it was really really good and could actually be a published book. This was excellently done. I laughed; I cried; I felt weirdly lustful over gay men having sex. It was everything I ha ...more
Serina
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I am a fan of the band but have never read any fan fiction at all. Reading this was a whole other experience for me and I enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely read this over again. I know there is alot of drama between fans and their opinions with 'Larry Stylinson' but it doesn't matter because this was very beautifully written. Also, I read this online so where could I get a copy of this book?
Maria
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is actually here!!! This is my one favourite fic of all times, it was exquisitely written, elegantly plotted, and amazingly put together , I still read it whenever I feel down or sad , brings up all the good ol' memories Back from 3 years ago and a sure way to lighten up my mood in a matter of minutes
Irishvelvet
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
July 1, 2015
Is this really just fanfiction? Because it's better than any book I've read this year!

This book has gOt me laughing and crying and swooning and highlighting! I just wish there was more of Niall though.

I don't know what else to say, it's just great and definitely worth rereading.

June 26, 2016
STILL THE BEST
Rina
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
so yeah ive read this months ago when it was still on the livejournal and this was beautiful, and funny and just.. read it. You don't even have to be a fan to enjoy it, its that awesome.
Magaly Montecillo
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to read this but where can you buyt this book
Mikaela (Elle)
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first time I've read this book was way back in summer of 2014. And since then it just owned a special place in my heart. Just like that.

A bajillion of stars for this masterpiece. It deserves more than that, to be honest.
Alyssa Garcia
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i wish the authors hadn't gone into hiding because they might have been published and then i could tell people that this is my all time favorite book without having to worry about judgement that it's a fanfic. also, it'd be easier to convince my friends to read it but alas, they refuse. i don't care if you've never even heard of one direction; this is a must read. leagues better than any contemporary i've ever read and i have truly fallen in love with many. i do have a paperback copy of this tha ...more
Anto Anto
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breanna
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fanfiction
A lot of people didn't know this was a 1D fanfic, because this book is so unique, and amazing that people outside of the fandom enjoyed it. I came into this book, knowing that it was a fanfic. I'm a fan of One Direction, and that's how I discovered this, by reading through another fan's fanfiction recommendations. I seen that it was long (almost 600 pages), and I had a day to kill and wanted to read, so I started.

I just finished it, and it's now one of my favorite fanfictions, and maybe even one
Andrea
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
La madre de todos los Larry fics. Algo que simplemente todo el fandom tiene que leer.
Tiene muy bonita escritura y está lleno de hermosos sentimientos, tantos que a veces no pude dejar de llorar o estar molesta o reír. El único motivo por el que no le doy un 5 es porque ciertos puntos se me hicieron largos y de cierta forma irrelevantes, aparte de eso, creo que es excelente.

/ / /

The mother of all Larry fics. Something all the fandom must read.
It has a beautiful writing and it's full of feelings,
Roby♥
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It has been very hard to mark this book 'cause I really loved it, but I have to admit that there were a lot of moments during the story that were a little boring. And i think that the autor spends too many words describing the sex scenes compare to the other scenes. By the way I really loved the other moments, and I cried and smiled a lot. In this moment ( I finished the book five minutes ago) I want to give it five stars but if I think well about it I find that they're probably too much. I'd re ...more
Leah Stein
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*honest to god - this is technically fanfiction but if you change the names it could be a published novel on its own*
I read this one about two years ago and it was hands down one of the best pieces of literature I've ever read. It's got humor and it's got drama, you care for the characters and you can't stop reading! I'm so happy it exists on goodreads so hopefully more people can read and enjoy it!
Again, this doesn't really have to do much with One Direction except for the names so I truly thin
Camille
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was funny, and beautiful and it also made me want to cry and yell and punch pillows. It was SO romantic and yet so real...I can't put into words how much I enjoyed reading it. I loved the fact that Zayn was writing the book about a band (see what you did there!). I highly recommend it to anyone obsessed with either Larry or Ziam; both couples are amazing in this novel though Larry will always be in my heart. It'd be awesome if all of this was real but oh well...

Once more, i
  • Cornerstone
  • Someone You Might Have Been
  • Pull Me Under
  • Doctor Who: Dark Eyes
  • But then, My Homework Was Never Quite Like This (Homework Verse, #1)
  • I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #1)
  • Rorschach Blots
  • Three Traders (Falls Chance Ranch #2)
  • Restraint
  • Heartstrings
  • The Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #1)
  • Last to Know
  • Where the Land Goes on Forever
  • Four Seasons With You
  • Doctor Who: Caerdroia
  • Every Step You Take
  • Blindsided
  • Allt det där jag sa till dig var sant
“You had all of me that I knew how to give. And if you would ever have me again, I would give you all the rest” 13 likes
“I loved you before I ever touched you.” 0 likes