Start by marking “Strange New World (Artifice: Episode One)” as Want to Read:
Strange New World (Artifice: Episode One)

Read Book

Strange New World (Artifice: Episode One)

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Opening your coat closet and unexpectedly discovering a portal into another world can be a slightly jarring experience.
Spotting a dragon staring back at you through said portal should have sent any sane person running for the hills.
Good thing John was still a bit hung over.
Realizing that the dragon didn’t harbour any nefarious designs, John decided that a change of scener
ebook
Published December 2nd 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Strange New World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange New World

Jacques
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it

Usually I do not take the time to write reviews; I figure there are enough people doing it that my opinion will not add much value, and life is too short to do things that do not add value. However, while searching for a place where I could download Episode Two, right after finishing Episode One, I stumbled on the author's sincere request for more reviews. Thus, here are a few thoughts.

From the fact that I was looking for Episode Two right after finishing Episode One, you can surmise that I did
Simon Goodson
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The story is exciting and the characters are interesting. There are two separate but related threads running through the book, set in different parts of the world, and while one is fun and light hearted the other is significantly darker. The contrast works brilliantly.

The only downside? The sequel isn't out yet... and I want to read it NOW! :-)
Hate2beLate
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi, own-this-one
Enjoyed this, but too short! Want part 2. Easy reading, varied characters and of course, a dragon! Everything had just started coming together and making sense when it ended. Just hate when books that aren't very long to start with, are broken down into series, but I'll finish it when I can.
Susan Kelley
I just could not get into this book. Every now and again I try to give Fantasy a try, and it seldom works out for me. On to the next!
Ros
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was like two short stories. They eventually meshed together, but they were so well-written as standalone stories, that I didn't see this intention coming.
BookishDreamer
rated it did not like it
Feb 04, 2015
added it
Jun 05, 2016
Annah
May 10, 2017
Seems the only time I get writer’s block is when I’m trying to write about myself. I’ll flesh this section out eventually, but, to quote the words of Neil Gaiman, "I’m just making things up and writing them down."

You know what? Now I feel a little bad.

You see, I have a confession. I’ve never actually read anything by Neil Gaiman. Of course, I know of him, but I inexplicably never got around to rea
More about K.P. Alexander...