Start by marking “The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)

The Tied Man

(The Tied Man #1)

Lilith Bresson, an independent, successful young artist, is forced to travel from her home in Spain to the wild borderlands of northern England, to repay her feckless father’s latest debt by painting a portrait of the enigmatic Lady Blaine Albermarle.

On her first night at Albermarle Hall she meets Finn Strachan, Blaine’s ‘companion’, a cultured and hauntingly beautiful you
Published January 5th 2013 by Hunton Agius Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Tied Man, please sign up.
Tabitha McGowan I think for me, Henry is just human. He's not strong, or particularly brave (although he gets braver), but he's trapped and isolated. He didn't do…moreI think for me, Henry is just human. He's not strong, or particularly brave (although he gets braver), but he's trapped and isolated. He didn't do what he did out of malice, but the end result for Finn and Lilith was the same, regardless of intentions. I like that he's quite an ambiguous character for so many people! I like to think he's stronger now too, seeing as he's got his first proper boyfriend.(less)
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,102 books — 3,494 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
1,396 books — 2,364 voters

More lists with this book...

"That's All" Ash

***THIS REVIEW ISN’T FOR YOU LIGHT-HEARTERS OUT THERE. THIS IS A VERY CRUDE REVIEW. AND IT ESPECIALLY ISN’T FOR ANYONE BELOW THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN.***

photo ac296d875e0625ad0d255514f2a8ee45.jpg

Such a beautiful story.

This is a book that’s going to take you out of your comfort zone, guys. I’m going to tell you that right now. So before you read The Tied Man, I want you to pick out a quiet and very dark corner in your home.

Because you’re going to need it to rock yourself to sleep later.

The thing about this book that nailed me right betwe
Candace
A Tale Of Unspeakable Depravity

For years, Finn has been the unwilling entertainment for 100s of cruel and twisted clients. Coerced into selling himself by a wealthy Englishwoman, he must submit to the perverse whims of a steady stream of strangers or else risk the safety of his two younger sisters.

However sadistic the customers may be, Finn has yet to encounter one that was crueler than his boss/owner, Blaine. She gets off on hurting him, both physically and emotionally. While she uses threats
Debra

Some of my emotions while reading this story:

WOW.

This book was unlike anything I've EVER read. It was dark and disturbing to the max, but at the same time it was so eloquent and beautifully written that I ended up loving it to pieces. The topics that are addressed in this novel aren't the most conventional ones, but that's exactly what makes the story so unique. The author does not make an effort to hide the ugliest aspects of life and instead, chooses to depict those aspects in detail.

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read w/Crystal, Rebecca, Joan, Amanda, Carina (and a recap w/Ash!)
This is one of the most disturbing books I have ever read. My heart was broken over and over. I had a hard time knowing how to react other than to feel completely disturbed and lament on how I'd been put through the ringer. Could I reward a story with a high rating if it turned my stomach over and over?
Two hundred and twelve breaths.
That's how long it took me to risk moving again.

4.25 stars. Don't judge a book by its cover is an overused statement, but also completely appropriate here. The w
Christy
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Phenomenal Stars!!!!!

This is not an easy book to review... It wasn’t an easy book to read. All of the heartbreak and devastation was worth it. Such a beautiful story with characters you will fall in love with, and other characters you will despise. Here goes nothing...

This was a story about an artist named Lilith
 photo 531c7e28-8724-4cda-9b1b-af18a283f123_zps58f6cbaa.jpg

Lilith gets stuck doing a work of art for Lady Blaine Albermarle. While there, she meets Finn Strachan.

The very first time I met him, Finn Strachan stole my breath.
 photo 3cd19299-0fb2-44b8-b273-1ce367952713_zps4bfb570e.jpg
“Just out of in
Mo
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it

4.5 SOLID STARS

The summer I met Lilith Bresson, I had begun to die. Not physically, you understand. I had never been that lucky. But each day a little more of my soul disappeared, and Blaine sensed it.

Wow, this was a bit of a rollercoaster ride. But I made it! Thanks Shannon for recommending this one to me. It was dark but I think I had a fair idea that it was going to be before reading it so maybe it was not as shocking as others who read it without any hint of the storyline etc.

First off le
warhawke
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to warhawke by: CC
Type: Standalone book 1 of The Tied Man series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Lilith Bresson was a famous artist forced to return to her homeland to repay her father’s debt by doing a painting for Lady Blaine Albermarle. She was invited as a guess at Albermarle Hall not knowing the true horror hiding behind the luxurious gateway façade.

Finn Strachan was Lady Albermarle’s handsome young companion. Behind the prim and proper persona, he was a man desperate for any kind of escape he could manage
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
✮✮✮✮ 4 tied stars✮✮✮✮

"Welcome to Albermarle Hall ...where all your darkest fantasies are made true..."

'The tied up man ' is a basic angst story that involves the makings and breakings of an abused escort and about the danger of falling in love with someone with a damaged soul...

Jasmine
3 STARS! ★★★

Sorry guys but this is yet another less than stellar review from me. Honestly I'm trying to figure out if there's something wrong with me lately that I can't seem to shake out from this book funk. I had high hopes that this would be the one to pull me out since my fellow dark junkies rec'd me this & seeing everyone loving it. Sadly, it was not for me.

Again, this is another read that I didn't like but I didn't hate it either. Good news is that I found it to be a very refreshing re
~IreneOust~

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me ..." Psalm 23:4

I am not a religious person but, while my mind was being thoroughly fucked as I was reading this book, that's what was going through my head.

This book is a true testament that women are much better at fucking with one's head than men ... If you happen to be familiar with "Consequences" and "The Dark Duet" books and thought those were hard to get through, to quote Bachman Turner, "you
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 DARK, GRITTY, TORTUROUS STARS!!

Great debut novel, Tabitha McGowan!!

photo 9ebc9c88c26b62539de6e3d3ad935c9a_zpscbb8fee0.jpg

I had to sit and digest a bit before coming to a conclusion as to whether I liked this book or not. Then I had to tell myself, my rating isn't exclusively on if I LIKED the story, but how well it was written. Well, the writing was superb. It's written by a British author and in England so I was, once again, marveled at all the British-isms. In fact, a lot of the terms or slang spoken, I had zero clue what they meant. That's
Jennifer Kyle

4 1/2 Chuisle Stars

The Tied Man grabbed my attention from the start of this dark story. I was hooked and although this book came with a WARNING (please read it before starting and take it seriously) there was no turning back for me nor did I want to abandon Finn. My need to know had me reading through some of the toughest scenes I’ve come across in a novel. I found that nothing in this book was erotic nor did I find it very romantic. I did however find it extremely well written.

This story is tol
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2.5 STARS

But I am tempted to bump it up to 3.

description

I am writing this review with the most peculiar look on my face; the expression is a mix of fascination, befuddlement, annoyance, and complete and utter boredom.

Fascination: I’m in awe of Blaine’s character. Yes, you heard me. I think the author has done a brilliant job of portraying an outwardly beautiful, elegant perfectionist but also a diabolical, conniving antagonist. For me, her character intrigued me the most.

The writing is very eloquent as
destini mia
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
... at the end of the day, everything I do cost me. The only question is how much.

We have Finn...
A nocturnal junkie, scared of needles and scared of the dark. The irony was hilarious.

Lilith...
"I see what I want to see."

And Blaine...
"... his despair arouses her beyond measure."

Don't even ask me how I survived this book. It will forever remain a mystery. I'm still sitting in shock at the events that have unfolded in The Tied Man. Let me tell you, this takes the cake for dark & dist
☆ Sammy ☆彡
For me, reading The Tied Man was like taking a tumble down the rabbit hole and ending up in a very intense, dark, & twisted place that is controlled by an evil bitch.

Before you consider reading this book, you really need to heed the author's warning: Please note that this storyline contains depictions of drug abuse, violence and non-consensual sexual activity.

If you have any issues with these topics, this may not be the book for you.

Lilith Bresson is a strong, independent, and successful a
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
My Thoughts:

✥ Very interesting start...my mind started thinking all kinds of theories!

Everybody has secrets!

✥ I loved getting both Lilith and Finn's POVs.

✥ There were some very difficult scenes to read. My heart really went out to Finn and Lilith.

✥ How could Finn not win you over? And I loved their times of "just being together."

description

✥ I enjoyed the painting elements.

✥ I don't know who I hate more...Blaine or Coyle! I do think Blaine didn't get her just rewards!

✥ I think Henry is adorable and b
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
CaN I GiVe iT 10 StArS!!

Such a harrowing dark story, but god...Did I love it!!

Meet Finn

I fell in love with Finn not necessarily for his beauty, but with his being, as broken and as sad as one person could be, he was like a flame, a slow flickering flame...the merriest gentle breeze would be all it would take to blow it out, then be submerged into total darkness.

But in the darkness he shone,

He held me captive with his soul,

His story, albeit a harrowing disturbing story...was decadently rich wit
A. Bookzilla.
Well, that was one hell of a ride. But before I write this out, a fair warning - because I wish I had been warned beforehand.

This book is most definitely not for the faint of heart. It portrays some really sick sexual behaviour, non-consensual sex, heavy drug abuse and extreme violence. Mature audience only - I can't stress this enough.

And to think my worst fear was that this was a historical romance of some sort (It's not! It's a contemporary.) I just wasn't prepared for this.

I loved the book
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

THE TIED MAN is a dark fairy tale where the Princess comes to save the Prince.

Lilith♦ is the princess in this twisted tale.

Finn♦ is the "Rapunzel" of Albermarle Hall.

Blaine♦ is the evil queen.

The Tied Man is kind of like the 'boy' version of Captive in the Dark and Escape from Paradise.

My only issue I found with the story is the foreign lingo because it kept tripping me up. The writing style made it hard for me to be fully immersed in the story because it took awhile to get use to it. Other
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 5 'Destroyed Me' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"It was easy to forget that other people lived in a world where rules and laws and common sense could keep you safe. A world where, if you did the right thing you were allowed to get on with your life in whichever way you chose."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I have no idea how to review this book. No bloody idea. This might end up being quite brief because I just don't know what to say. A
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mindfuck, tears-sniff
4 EVIL STARS!!!!!

The whole bloody world, populated by monsters.

This is the hardest book I’ve ever read. I have a really dark place inside my brain, and I’ve read some dark twisted stuff, but this takes the cake. You know those dark books that give you a little hope to hold onto? This is not one of those books.

This book highlights the worst of humanity. Who do you become when you think no one’s watching?

The story is set on an island resort. The resort provides your every wish, your every dream
Shannon The Show Stopper
If you can't handle sick and twisted, this book probably isn't for you.

If you love a total EMOTIONAL .....
 photo rollercoaster_zps1ee431ab.gif

you'll probably love this book!

I loved Lilith and Finn as much as I have any characters ever. Lilith is my favorite type of heroine; strong, smart, independent and she has a hilariously smart mouth. She is able to see Finn in a way no one else can and she's able to see more in him than he can see in himself.

Ah, Finn...poor Finn doesn't "live in a world where rules and laws and common sense
Louise
Have to delete my old review, it was even criticize by a book review critic haha. Anyways, I read my review and it was cringe worthy, shaking my head. \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

photo 4fd3b1b8a4d921f9d64e1c2d59e49602_zps5b0c719b.jpg

I just have to say, this book had me hooked from the beginning. The writing itself is far better than most of the books that I’ve picked up recently, it’s smart without becoming unrelatable. The dialogue is fantastic, and the descriptions are just enough paint the picture without bogging you down in extraneous details. There is a hunting, “creepy” quality to the book, and I’m not totally sure exactly how the author pulled off, but it was there, in every page.

This isn’t “dark erotica” – there is
Aqsa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.25

“It was easy to forget that other people lived in a world where rules and laws and common sense could keep you safe. A world where, if you did the right thing you were allowed to get on with your life in whichever way you chose.”

Alright, this is not my usual read not even close and I am already having second thoughts saving it here and I didn't know what this was until I got into it. Going in blind really stabbed me in the back.

Before you consider reading this book, you really need to heed t
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I finished reading this book, my feelings were

And yes, there was something to even smile about

But in the end, I was going

I still really loved this book though.

Finn, my poor broken Finn...

"Christ, you're and wreck, Finn." ~Lilith
"Yeah, I know." ~Finn

Lilith, you strong, persistent, sassy woman...

"You're the first person in this whole fucking place who's ever asked permission to touch me, you know that?" ~Finn

I can't do this alone, Finn. I need you beside me." ~Lilith

The situation they
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
‘What did you call me?’
‘Ah.  A chuisle. Gaelic. ‘My darling’.  I prefer the proper translation, mind you.’
‘Which is?’
He gave a bashful smile. ‘My pulse.’

description

This book was.. I yet don't have many words how to describe this book. It was insane, amazing, crazy, DARK, and as frustrating as abstinent would be for a sex addict.

Loved the author's writing style and to top it all it had the whole british slag to it; totally makes me SWOON! :D
She's got humor, I'll give her that.. Amazing humor and wit! Bu
Lise *friends don't flag*

What-The-Hell-Did-I-Just-Read?

I mean wow, crazy, funny, hot, sickening, shocked, sad, hopeful and just plain ol’ WTF?

This is going to be a funky review as I just do not know how to express my feelings over what I read. I am going to use a few Disney gifs to assist in my review, but know that there really is nothing 'Disney' about this book... I think?
First off, the book is good- it will probably not be for everyone, but I love a book that can challenge my comfort zone and one that is not a co
Brenna
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book… this effing book. Wow!

It feels so strange to say I loved it or enjoyed it because the subject matter it deals with is really extreme, dark, and sad. But I did, I was blown away by how good this book is!

Lilith Bresson is a very successful artist. The richest and most powerful people in the world covet her work. The thing is, Lilith Bresson doesn’t do anything she doesn’t want to do. She is a no-nonsense, blunt to a fault realist. I instantly loved her! Her past has been somewhat shady
Ash Wednesday
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of The Dark Duet and people who have an excess of endorphins
I usually try to review a book immediately after finishing it, in the hopes of capturing how I exactly feel at that moment. But this one, I had to give pause.

I wasn't sure what to expect with that blurb but it's such a disservice to the great work put in to writing here that it only has 59 ratings and 31 reviews. It's going to be a b*tch to write but I'll try to bridge my thoughts into coherence.

This is not a conventional romance. The heroine has to rescue the hero, no 'I love you's were exchang
Seeking More Like This: Women Liberating Men in Romance 1 9 Jun 19, 2018 12:31AM
Let's say they made it a movie ... 28 129 Nov 17, 2014 05:36PM
What to read after "The Tied Man" 21 221 Oct 20, 2014 09:36AM
Unbound's availability 1 38 Oct 13, 2014 10:30PM
New Cover Edition 3 27 Oct 13, 2014 10:12PM
Buddy Read Zone: The Tied Man 3/15 1201 224 Sep 21, 2014 01:00PM

• After
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Chosen
  • The Lonely (The Lonely, #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Blind Obsession
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Heat
  • Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
I was born in the north of England, and apart from a brief adventure in west Wales, I’ve lived here all my life; my hobbies therefore include bear-taming, wolf-whispering and wearing sleeveless tops in temperatures of -10 degrees.
I’ve been writing professionally for nearly 20 years, predominantly as a playwright. This gives me my love of strong dialogue; even now, I tend to develop my characters b

The Tied Man (2 books)
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
“The momentary discomfort was nothing at all compared to the realisation that she was finding refuge in my flawed embrace.” 47 likes
“I don't expect you to be like them. Don't want you to be. It's not them I want, it's you. From the moment we met, it's only been you.” 31 likes