Start by marking “Realms of Darkness” as Want to Read:
Realms of Darkness

Realms of Darkness

Just when you thought it was safe to come out and play...

Being in the wrong place at the wrong time can be murder.
The Lamp ~ Don’t play games in the dead of night where shadows dwell.
The Late Shift ~ By the time you finish reading this, it’s already too late.
The Hitch ~ Don’t go looking for it…you might not like what you find.
The Furnace ~ On
Published January 18th 2013 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Realms of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Realms of Darkness

Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
10*s. An amazing collection of suspenceful short stories that kept my attention from beginning to end. I fell in love with these short stories and loved how they were left to my imagination!! A MUST read for the horror reader in you!! Thank you, E.H. James for these fabulous stories that has me wanting to read more
Pyxi
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My review for: Realms of Darkness by E.H. James
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Shanna Roberson

I normally don’t do short stories. Mainly because it is harder for me to connect with the characters enough to care about the outcome of the short, but mostly because if I like the characters, I want more time with them. With that said, I LOVED Realms of Darkness. It was spooky and attention grabbing. If you are a fan of true horror this collection is for you!

E.H. James is
Grady
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Had to leave early. Catch you later. P.S. I love you. x’

Canadian author E.H. James is a prolific writer of short stories – stories that test the imagination and call forth ghost like thoughts of the dark world about which we know very little. James is part of that conundrum as there is no biographical information on this gifted author as though that is meant to be part of the mysteries presented. We learn that she has read and researched in the areas of parapsychology and metaphysic
Diana Coyle
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another fantastic short book that showcases Ms. James’ talent for writing horror stories. This book contained four really short stories that each packed its own punch for her fans to enjoy. Each one of Ms. James’ tales weaves a tangled web for her readers to get ensnarled into and before you can free yourself, it’s too late. As you turn each page, you can’t help but become more engrossed into the characters and storyline. Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen, the author qu ...more
Kim Propp
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freaky-fiction
My momma always told me never to take a ride from a stranger. Someone should have told the characters in this book the same thing! This book has four short stories in it. I wanted to peek so bad at the end, but I made myself do it right. I read the whole story from the beginning. I bet you'll never guess how each one ends! Take yourself on a wild ride and get this book! Hopefully, it won't make your dreams come true!

I give this book 5 stars. I am definitely recommending it to friends and family
Rachael Fick
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting...

A compilation of four short stories that will definitely creep you out. The only bad thing I have to say about them is that they were not longer.

The Lamp
Jennifer and Sandra decide to play with an Ouija board and find something they were not expecting...

The Late Shift
Sheila is a waitress finishing up her shift. She gets out of work late and misses her bus. It's a good thing that someone she knows stops to give her a ride. Or is it? ...more
Nic's
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a FREE copy in exchange for an honest review.

As much as they are horror stories, one of them left me laughing at the end when the twist was revealed.

I read a lot of horror stories and often short stories leave me bored and not feeling they are true horror, this isn't true for Realms of Darkness, these stories leave you with that little 'spooked' feeling and that they could be real.
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
I was provided with a copy of this book, by the author, in exchange for an honest review.

This is a short of shorts.
Again E.H James has done it, it just goes to show its not the amount of words you use but how you use them!
My favourite story in this book has to be 'The Lamp', as kids we used one of these and scared the bejezzus out of ourselves.
Heather
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
E.H. James’ Realms of Darkness, a collection of four short stories, is masterfully crafted in a manner that will have your mind running wild. Each story is left somewhat open which invites the reader to spark their own creative juices and visualize just what may happen next.

Check out our full review at www(dot)griffinshoney(dot)com
Sharrice
Jul 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I received a copy of Realms of Darkness for an honest review.

This short series of stories are gruesome and saddening because many times what happened in this story is what happens to a lot of poor unsuspecting people out there.

Sadly all of E.H. James’ books were a dud for me but they just weren’t my thing.
Brenda Seaberg
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
I rather enjoyed these four short stories. They were all left somewhat open-ended, so lots was up to my imagination, which can sometimes be such a pleasure. I enjoyed that the stories were about 'the stories', instead of being so hung up in descriptions that the reader is bogged down in words. I will read other stories by this author.
Lauren Kilinc
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing collection of short thriller
Stories
I was very impressed with all of the stories in this collection! They were creepy, and kept me hooked until the conclusion! I wanted them to go on for ever! The characters sucked me in straight away and I found them interesting to read

I was gifted this book for an honest review
Betty Villanueva
The collection of short stories was ever entertaining. It was the scary movies I watched growing up where the obvious wasn't entirely the obvious. I loved the story one after the other and only cried because they came to an end. Thank you for the opportunity to read your work.
Mhg
Tina
Cindy Suttles
Faith Marlow
Oct 05, 2013
E. H. James has always been fascinated by the unexplained. Wanting to delve deeper into the unknown, James has read and researched in the areas of parapsychology and metaphysics, for the past 40 years.

Taking those first hand experiences, involving the unexplained, James has woven the real and imaginary together into stories of the strange and bizarre.

James' stories range from the paranorm