Start by marking “Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)

Falling into You

(Falling into You #1)

When Hallie Caldwell, normal girl extraordinaire, perpetual wingwoman, and queen of the friend zone, accepts her college roommate's invitation to spend winter break in New York, she figures it’s a chance to live out her childhood fantasies of a life in the big city. Instead, thrust into a world of glittering parties and oversized bank accounts, she immediately feels like a ...more
Published January 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Falling into You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling into You

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I really, really loved this book.

Hallie is a "normal girl extraordinaire". She is visiting New York City with her friend from College Sophia, so she doesn’t have to go home and face her best friend, and unrequited love, Ben.

photo aaimagesCA3OE40E_zps8009875c.jpg

In her mind, she is forever in the “friend zone” , not only with Ben, but with pretty much every guy. Then she meets Chris, handsome, rich, almost-movie star. He’s been obsessed with Sophia for years.

photo imagesCAAU50VG_zpse608929a.jpg

He thinks she’s the coat girl, she thinks he’s a jerk. Love at first sight
Stephanie
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, i-m-a-star
Loved it! I got hooked right from the start. I can't wait for the sequel. The preview to the next book actually took me by surprise, but I actually like that it's giving a new twist to the story. I'm really looking forward to see what happened in the 7 years and how things became what they are.

This book is a mix between Gossip Girl and Between the Lines by Tammara Webber, but it also offers something different.

Fans of Tammara Webber, Abbi Glines, S.C. Stephens, Jamie McGuire and M. Leighton wi
~Kimberly
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book & I'm anxiously awaiting for the release of book 2!! I was really pleased with the ending...BUT that got shot all to hell after reading the sneak peak into book 2! Seriously, I'm not sure I want to read it!! I NEED & WANT a HEA for Hallie & Chris! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I'm sure that I will be sneaking a peek at the ending of the 2nd book before I actually start to read it! Hurry up with the sequel release!!! I'm needing that HEA!!!! ;)

Great read...couldn'
Karen
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did.
Honestly, the plot is nothing ground breaking and it was easy enough to predict. What surprised me was that I liked Hallie and Chris right from the start. I felt like I had a handle on these characters very quickly, as if I knew them personally. Hallie was such a great character. I found myself able to relate to her and loved her 'verbal diarrhoea'.

These two together were a lot of fun to read. I am glad to have stumbled across this on
Radiant
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice one..sure fits my category of books to read!

Waiting for the sequel..the sneak peak is making me squirm..argh i so want to know what happens.

Sri.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
I liked certain parts of the book but was never completely sold on the relationship between Hallie and Chris. If I’m being completely honest, I thought it was boring and don’t care to read the continuation of their story.
Janell
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book - even though I generally hate books w/ ANY KIND of angst (but don't they all have it!). I also hate cliffhangers. Thankfully this one did not have a cliffhanger, but DARN,what was I thinking reading the sneak peek of the next one!!! Bad, bad, idea. Yes, it has me dying for the next one, but now I'm sooooo tortured wanting to know what the deal is. I am not going to be able to sleep tonight....

I liked how each chapter went back and forth from Hallie to Chris's POV. With so many b
Deb
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shizballs I loved this book.

Loved. This. Book.

I loved the writing. It was crisp and pulled me through the story.

I loved the characters and how they were developed. I wasn't "told" information, I was "shown." These were real people and it easily could've gone the direction of the previous book I just read (one star), but it didn't.

I was so happy with the ending and then I find out there is a sequel? W.T.F.????????!!!

So guess what I'll be doing today... :)

My only complaint was the use of the
Juany
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I took so long to start reading this book! There are few books I've read that have had such amazing dialogue. I loved the characters and Hallie has easily become one of my favorite heroines. Wonderfully written. One of those books that easily made me feel like I was walking the streets of NY with the characters. I devoured this in one day! Just had to know what happened with Hallie and Chris.
Allison
I should have known better.

The book I read prior to this was a brain bender so I was looking for something light to cleanse my palate. I definitely found it here, but not in a good way. This review will be short because I don't have much to say about this book.

It was terrible.

I have never read a book more trope heavy than this one. EVER.
Heather
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It is a fun read for anyone who enjoys the regular girl/famous guy romances, a la Love Unscripted or Thoughtless/Effortless. But be forewarned: the sneak peak of book #2 included in the end completely ruined the ending!

(view spoiler)
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Semi Buddy Read with my BBG...we are probably overlapping at least :)

4.5★'s - Whew, that ending just about did me in. I mean, like I couldn't even keep reading but then I couldn't stop. Whew...This was a really good book. Love at first sight at it's finest. Chris is being labeled as a bad boy, I guess I can see that somewhat. I don't know, what we mostly got of him wasn't really that bad. I guess it was his past. Past though? I think he's like 19 or something. I guess we are supposed to picture
Heather Adkins
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
The characters of Hallie and Chris, and even Sophia, are very well developed. Unlike so many love at nearly first sight stories, you actually understand what each sees in the other. Some of the reactions to the complications were a little far fetched, but not so much as to detract from the story.

I did have issue with some of the language. Bad language doesn't bother me if it fits the characters, but Hallie begins cussing horrendously after Chris mentioned earlier that she flinched at his languag
Say
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow this was really good!!! Review to follow.....=)

I'll make a short review for this. I don't know but when I started reading this one I felt the similarities with Between the Lines by Tammara Webber I dunno the vibe I had while reading that one I felt as well when reading Falling Into You. Don't get me wrong the story is not the same with the first book mentioned but I liked this one as well. Though I would say that I LOVE HALLIE!!! She's my kinda girl. And I love Chris as well they were perfec
Liz Lawson
Down to earth Hallie Caldwell goes to New York to spend a winter break in with her rich/spoilt school friend Sophie. Goes to a party and is out of her depth - meets Chris Jensen who is an up and coming Hollywood star. Sophie is jealous of Hallie and does her best to deter Chris and Hallie having a relationship. Hallie is in awe of Chris - this is the story of Hallie, Chris and Hallie's best friend Ben. Will Hallie and Chris have a relationship and will it survive the Hollywood lifestyle? Will Be ...more
Lisa Survillas
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Felt the emotion and heartfelt moments within myself. Moments of this book broke my heart and I had to put it down to compose myself. I loved Hallie! She has the purest heart despite many moments growing up that should have broken her. Ben is a true friend. I never understood the friendship with Sophie but after all the circumstances that happen in New York, she actually fit into the story well. The ending brought a huge smile to my face and I wet immediately to downloa ...more
Selene
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriend
Whoa! This book came out of no where. I LOVED IT! Gossip Girl meets Cruel Intentions meets Notting Hill.

I was really happy with the ending until .... I read the Epilogue! Now I want Book 2 and I mean Now. Now. Now. Now!
Megha
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
its cute.its a teeny boppy story whch has its moments.some twists that make the story towards the end dramatic.
the sequel sounds more interesting and I read the sneak peak in this version.now I just to read it to figure out wats up with chris n hallie.
Sara
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
Rabidreading
As stories go, this one's a total charmer. Hallie & Chris hooked me right away. Thrilled to hear there will be a sequel. I wouldn't mind spendiing more time with these lovely characters :)
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars. Not even a hint of book 2 release date?? You're killing me here!
Renee
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Boo! This book did not live up to my expectations or the description.

"Falling Into You" popped up on a "new adult" romance list and, after seeing the average rating and reading a few reviews I dove in head-first. Hallie is a 19 year old self proclaimed klutz with zero (and yes, I do mean ZERO) fashion sense. She's in New York to avoid her male best friend (whom she is interested in alas her affections are unrequited). Hallie's character comes across has very naïve and immature. She doesn't show
Jill
May 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romances, series
Overall just an eh book. I'm not quite sure how so many people have it five stars to be completely honest.

From the beginning I was never drawn to Chris. He wasn't a stand out character and Hallie just never made sense to me. Top that off with the fact that I still don't know if Sophia actually was or wasn't a good person and I'm left just bored by all the characters.

Lets start with Sophia...
She's beautiful and manipulative. Got it. But if that was the role that the author wanted her to portray
Mira
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
At 1st I thought the main character was trying way too hard to be quirky but she grew on me. I didn't like how the characters didn't talk and weren't open with each other. Will not keep reading more since it's seems like there's going to be more of that in the next book and it was frustrating. Why can't they just talk it out like adults?
LSW
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
this book was just fine. cant say i loved the characters but cant say i hated them either
Olly
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was ok

2 Stars

This is one of those books that is very difficult to review. For lack of a better phrase, it "looks good on paper." But really? It has zero meat to it. All you have to do is look even a fraction under the surface and there is nothing to it.

I got to about page 160 and then I started skimming. The reason I feel okay reviewing this despite my half-hearted reading by that point is because half the problem was the writing itself. Yes, I probably skipped some parts, but it was the writing
Bella Marley
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.65
Jamie Casey
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Once I got toward the middle of the book I was hooked. Still irritating though to have to stop the books momentum because of silly typos. Overall good read.

Noteworthy quotes from book:

"I like stories, you know? It's nice to escape and pretend that you're a character in them. You can forget about everything else for a couple of hours and just imagine that you're stuck in the middle of some impossible situation. I'm a total sucker for a good movie."

"He just finds these moments that exist in real
Lenore Kosinski
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
4.5 stars -- I started this book at 10pm, which is a mistake when you have to work at 4:30am.... My husband came to bed, and I told him this book was so bad b/c it was so good I didn't want to put it down. And seriously, the first 70% had me just perma-grinning all over the frickin place. There was just something so endearing about Hallie....she was so much of what Chris described her as, just genuine and real and I would love to have her as a friend. She was not without her own flaws, but those ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Falling into you is one of those fairy-tale like books that you just can't help falling for. Hallie is a self-deprecating, smart, self-professed “ordinary girl” who goes to NYC over holiday break with her snobby fake bitch of a college roommate. Hallie, who has never traveled from her home in Ohio needs to escape another dreary Christmas with her over bearing mom. She finds herself in the middle of a packed party in roommates’ parent’s apartment. Then it all happens…well sort of. Chris, a sweet ...more

• Forcing Gravity
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Accidental Texting: Finding Love Despite the Spotlight
  • Park and Violet
  • Hollywood Ever After (Red Carpet, #1)
  • The Truth About Letting Go (The Truth, #2)
  • Ever Enough (Ever Enough, #1)
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Beside Your Heart (The Heart, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Scornfully Yours (Torn, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Waiting on Forever (Forever #2)
  • Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me, #1)
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
I'm a total book junkie...and an accidental novelist. One day, I couldn't find a book that I wanted to read, so I started writing Falling into You. I think it's safe to say that I've caught the writing bug--I've been pounding away at my keyboard ever since! I love my family, my friends, writing, a good romance novel, iced coffee, red wine, and trashy TV (not necessarily in that order).

Falling into You (2 books)
  • Falling into Forever (Falling into You, #2)