Start by marking “Drop Dead Sexy” as Want to Read:

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  2,411 Ratings  ·  320 Reviews
For Olivia Sullivan, love is more a four letter curse word than a sentiment. Growing up as the daughter of a small town mortician, guys didn’t warm to the fact there were dead people in her house. At thirty, taking over the family business and becoming the town Coroner helped to cement her undateable status. Of course her past sex history didn’t help matters either.

Attempt
Published March 15th 2016

Jilly
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
You know, just your typical romance trope of a coroner and cop who have a one-night stand, get into a bar fight in hicksville, and then try to solve the murder of a man with two penises which of course involves visiting a nudist colony. (oh, sorry, nudist resort). Happens all the time.

Not one square in Trope Bingo is filled out in this book. That takes some doing!

This book is probably up high on my list of all time weirdest things I've read. It should just be a smutty romance, but everything hap
Jo
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
“If you had to put my love life into a genre, it would probably be horror. By the same token, I’m not even sure that the master of scary shit, Stephen King, could adequately express it on paper.”

What a hilarious book!!!!

Olivia Sullivan is her home town’s Coroner. She really hasn’t been lucky in the sex department. Her first attempt with her high school boyfriend ended quite badly when it became apparent he had a latex allergy and his penis ended up looking like a latex covered eggplant. Ouc

Sybil aka Lala
Olivia is the daughter of a small town mortician. Her quests into sexual awakening have all ended in disaster and she has resigned herself to living her life as town coroner and extending her family’s legacy by working as a mortician. But when her mother is set to get remarried while Olivia can’t even make it through to the next morning with a man unscathed, and she learns her grandmother has seen more action than she has in the last five years; she sets out to stick it to the fates and hopefull ...more
Catarina
4,5 Sexy Stars

Olivia just wants to finally find romance and a relationship. But being a mortician / coroner and having a quite…unusual love past doesn’t help her case.
One night she decides to just go to a bar and have one night-stand, and she does just that, but it’s so out of character to her that she just runs away the next morning.
But when a body appears the next day and she’s the official coroner for the case, the agent responsible for the investigation is Catcher, her one-night stand guy
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
3.5 Stars!!

description

'Drop Dead Sexy' was…well sexy, but also funny as hell and ohh so very sassy. Katie Ashley delivered a very entertaining story that made me laugh out loud and fell in love with our two main characters from the moment I met them. While I didn’t fully loved this one, I can totally say that I enjoyed this author’s writing and sense of humor and I’m looking forward to try her other upcoming books.

“I wasn’t just desperate to be boned. I was even more desperate to have someone to call my
Elizabeth
Apr 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
Growing up as the daughter of a small town mortician
SOLD!!!!!!
 photo tumblr_mgsax39Nft1qkcn5ro8_r1_250_zps80cc862d.gif

Attempt number one with her first love ended barely before it got started with a horrific latex allergy hospitalization
 photo tumblr_mhlvhdNmRE1r6qpfco1_500_zps7ce06132.gif

Attempt number two had him coming and then going with an undiagnosed heart condition.
 photo tumblr_mgwadaljkX1rog1kto1_500_zps3bb23f3c.gif

As things start to heat up between them, the body count starts to rise, and they’re led on a wild goose chase from back woods mountain Nudist Colonies to altercations with the Dixie Mafia
 photo tumblr_mc9am078IA1ryt1yd_zps7dd9687c.gif
I'm in love with this book already!!!!!!!!!
Viviana
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sexy,funny, crazy, unexpected story!!!

I love Katie Ashley! So very much!
I loved the characters! Sexy smart! Yes they are one of my faves!!!

But the story was not 100% my kind of story. Yes I laughed a lot, yes I liked how fast the love story developed but it wasn't one of my favorites.

I will not reread this book. :/
I do love the proposition, I've read it several times since.
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
OMG this book was frigging FUNNY...

"My raging libido instantly shriveled at the sight of what had to be the reunion crew of Deliverance. Instantly the tune of Dueling Banjos started to play in my head."

"“First rule of Funeral Home Fight Club: No one talks about Funeral Home Fight Club.”

"Given what happened next, I guess Wes had been Jan Brady’d one too many times in his life"

"After all, it had been six years since it had seen penetration of the penis kind. You can claim someone as legally
Julia's Book Haven
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars* but I rounded up because god damn that cover deserves that half star. Probably more then a half star even, its so freaking gorgeous. This one was a light, humour filled book with lots and lots of steam! Like off the charts hot. Really enjoyed it, some of it was a bit cheesy but still I was laughing out loud while reading and I really needed that. Also if Katie Ashley has like a movie sized poster of this cover I will pay good money for that lol

***************************************
Michelle
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 3240e35cf277f0e295f70928633f9f_zps25gtygds.gif

Katie Ashley drops a sexy, fun, smart, and sassy romantic comedy!!!! Ms. Ashley will have readers rolling in laughter as we tag along Olivia Sullivan as she tries to remove the cobwebs of her lady bits with the help of a drop dead gorgeous investigator who is quite the catch.

photo 63c11645c02eaa2e7bd1753d9948b3_zpsgzememla.gif“As he slid the condom down his impressive length, I couldn’t help licking my lips. He was like the Goldilocks of Cocks…not too skinny, not to wide, not too short, and
Lana
When is this book going to be available?!?!?!

First i was like ...

....

...

...

description

Author keeps changing the release date so now I'm like..

Please.

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalones
3.8! stars

It started out very fun. I had great expectations, it just fell a little short.

So, Liv. Poor lady didn't have the best of luck in the sex department. First try - guy ends up in the hospital with severe latex allergy. Second try - guy ends up dead on top of her. Yikes! Add to that her being raised in the funeral home and you see how she could be not the most dateable person in town. Also she's a coroner, so yeah.

If you had to put my love life into a genre, it would probably be horror. B
edge of bubble
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, contemporary, funny
This book had juvenile humour in spades. Crazy shit hits the fan and it never stops throughout the book. Do you know what else it had? A plot! I know, I was surprised too! It wasn't the best plot out there, but still it was good.

Speaking of miracles ,while I can't call it unique, heroines plight of getting the cobwebs cleared down there was quite funny. She didn't give the pathetic poor me vibes. I genuinely felt for her and wanted her to have her miracle.

Other than the romance and diddling, the
Mandy
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

Laugh out loud funny, steamy and suspenseful - I really enjoyed this one!
Susan (susayq ~)
This was laugh out loud funny! There were several places where I thanked God I was sitting on my sofa reading this because I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. My family understands me and my books, the general public, not so much LOL

Seriously, I think this was my first by Katie Ashley even though she's on my TBR multiple times and I already owned a few of these. I don't know what I was waiting for. She infused humor and mystery into this romance.

What started out as a one stand between Oliv
Ann
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5- 4.0 stars. Fun light read with lots of laughs. Some formatting errors. There were several mostly empty pages pages that contained only a few paragraphs and lot of blank space and several dropped words along the way. Overall a cute, sexy story.
Ginette
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one! Excellent characters, loved them all. Definitely quite a few LOL moments. If you're looking for something with humor & HEA.....I would recommend
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Drop Dead Sexy by Katie Ashley
Romantic Comedy Standalone
What a fun read! I have always really loved Katie Ashley's writing. The perfect combination of sweet and sexy that I read with a smile on my face. Well Drop Dead Sexy is all that plus super funny! And it's certainly unique. I mean how many times have you read about a female mortician? If you have read the Janet Evanovich books, these remind me a little of them, just a whole lot sexier and more southern.

Olivia Sullivan grew up with dead
Siv30
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
ספר חמוד ומשעשע ביחוד בחלק הראשון שלו.

אוליביה סאליבן מנהלת בית לוויות וחוקרת מקרי מוות. בגיל 30 היו לה מספר מערכות יחסים בוסריות והניסיון המיני שלה כמעט אפסי: הגבר הראשון שאיתו קיימה יחסים חטף אלרגיה ללטקס והגבר השני גמר תרתי משמע כשהתפגר אחרי סקס.

אחרי מסיבת רווקות לאמא שלה שעומדת להינשא בפעם השניה, אוליביה המתוסכלת יוצאת לשבור את היובש ובפאב מקומי פוגשת את קאצ'ר.

בבוקר למחרת היא נמלטת במבוכה רק כדי לפגוש אותו שוב בצהרים כשרצח מתרחש בעיירה.

החלק של תעלומת הרצח חלש ובנוי רופף. אבל החלק של היחסים בי
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This started out excellent, but once it started focusing on the investigation more than the relationship -- it lost me. I have issues with suspenseful romances for this exact reason. I really liked their banter and overall chemistry on their first night together, but after they started working together I felt like it fizzled out. Even their feelings turning into love I didn't feel or get (other than the fact they had hot sex)...it very well likely is my own personal iss
Angelika
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, arc, 5-stars
*An eARC was kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review.*

“Call me kinky, but I’ve always wanted a man to tie me up”
The quirky blurb has been up for three years. The tempting cover was revealed two years ago. So it's safe to say Drop Dead Sexy is a really, really long awaited book. I've been looking forward to reading it too and luckily I'm not disappointed at all.
“Olivia, if you don't stop being a prude, you're never going to get rid of those cooter cobwebs of yours.”
I think

Cheating: none
HEA: yes
Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Lines: a few funny lines in this one! But this one summed up my feelings about romance heroes:
h: “You know, you were kind of a Neanderthal back there, which is terribly unattractive to a feminist like me.” When he started to protest, I put my finger over his lips. “But by the same token, I’
Polly
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: talk-dirty-to-me
This one kind of reminded me of the Stephanie Plum books back in the day. Without the stupid dragging love triangle.
Very funny and very steamy!
Kim
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Olivia's life is a little unique. She's a young mortician and coroner. She deals with crazy families on daily basis. Her love life has been a disaster of epic proportions. And she has now decided that her sexual dry spell needs to end. Olivia is capable, smart, pretty, and outspoken, but unaware of her true attractiveness. She tends to feel awkward especially in social situations and with men.

In a bar in the boonies, she meets the sexy, cocky, unfiltered Catcher Mains. He has charisma a
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Catcher and Liv Bug Star ~

What an amazingly funny and sexy read!! This book was so different from other Katie Ashley books, but still had what we love about a Katie Ashley book.

This book had a little bit of everything in it. There was humor, love, sex, mystery and suspense and also a totally swoony Hero. What more could you ask for from a 5 star read. This is Katie Ashley's debut into the Romantic Comedy style
Brenda
Olivia is a mortician and coroner county in a small town. Olivia hasn't a good luck with men in a longa time and now with 30 years she tries break some cowebs.... Girl go to a bar see a guy - good looking and bang bang.

description

The book has some hilarious parts first with suspicious and mysterious death of the farmacitian of the town who (view spoiler) ok. The suspense was good and the investigation surprise and the medics terms too that was a bit desnecessary. The author ma
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
“There’s not a spark between us. There is a full-on raging inferno.”

I LOVE romantic comedy and I am a fan of Katie Ashley’s other books so I was very excited to get a chance to read this book. Unfortunately, for me this story fell a little flat and left me with a slight sour taste in my mouth. The premise is great but the execution had me wanting more and curious why the book took certain directions.

‘Can’t do this now. Talk 2 u later I furiously typed. Fine. But wear a skirt. I wanna finger-b
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Oct 18, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: march2015
This sounds really good. Anyone got a release date? I'm not seeing it.
Shayna
I loved this book to DEATH! Katie Ashley gives us the perfect blend of sexy and hilarity in her latest romantic comedy, DROP DEAD SEXY. With tons of laugh out loud moments and scorching hot love scenes, this author, once again, delivers a love story every romance fanatic will fall in love with. OMG! These characters were EVERYTHING! But I have to say, our heroine, Olivia Sullivan, STOLE THE SHOW! Some of the things she says is exactly what I say in my head every single day! She was so kick ass ...more
Emma
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I already thought Drop Dead Sexy would be something different due to Olivia's occupation. It's not every day you come across a female protagonist whose career choice involves dead bodies. What I didn't expect was to be casually eating my lunch as I started to read the story only to end up choking on laughter within the first few pages. Good times were sure to ensue.

The synopsis pretty much lays out the plot, but the details will having you screaming with both laughter and shuddering in revulsion
  • Lucky Me
  • Elite Invitation
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
  • The Sixteenth Need (Partlow, #1)
  • My Love for Yours (Crawford, #2)
  • To Fix You
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Wrecked by You (Waiting for You, #3)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Bent (Connections, #6)
  • Once Again
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Top Ten Best-Selling author of both Indie and Traditionally published books. She's written rockers, bikers, manwhores with hearts of gold, New Adult, and Young Adult. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, her Heeler-Mix, Belle, and her two cats, Harry Potter and Hermoine. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, T ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
  • You and Me, Always
    $14.99 $2.99
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
“Would you like a paddle to help you up Shit Creek in your douchecanoe?” Catcher” 2 likes
“Although it wasn’t in the Ten Commandments, I’m pretty sure, “Thou shalt not sext in the house of God,” was pretty high up there on the list of no-nos.” 0 likes