Start by marking “Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)

Not Quite Enough

(Not Quite #3)

Monica Mann has made it her life’s work to save lives. After an earthquake and tsunami hit the shores of Jamaica, she volunteers her trauma skills with Borderless Nurses. Calculating and methodical, Monica creates order out of whatever chaos she finds.

Until she finds the perpetually barefoot, impossibly masculine Trent Fairchild. No one can pin him down. No, re
Published October 8th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Enough

Start your review of Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
Crista
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

5 stars!

Not Quite Enough by Catherine Bybee so FAR exceeded my expectations that I am at a loss for words. I have enjoyed each and every book in Bybee’s “Not Quite” series, but this one is by far my favorite.

Ms. Bybee is a registered nurse as well an author, and her knowledge of the medical field is obvious in this book. I myself am a nurse, so it’s always difficult to read stories that feature nurses. My critical nature always takes me out of the story/>Not/>5
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This book is firmly part of a series and I wouldn't recommend reading it on its own. This is kind of sad because it's the best of them so far—much more heart and less predictable (though still a touch formulaic).

Monica has played a strong role from the beginning, so it's good to get her story, finally. We know she's caring and has lots of love in her heart. But we also know she just doesn't have/take time for men in her life. I was interested to see what kind of guy would break throu
LaFleurBleue
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
My favorite in this series.
The first 2 previous books help building a very solid heroine and she delivered. I was expecting (and fearing to be honest) that the little nurse might fall for the powerful and sexy doctor Walt but luckily this was not the case, she got attracted by someone outside of the medical world.
I liked the first encounters between Monica and Barefoot Trent and the way they quickly and slowly at once manage to build a relationship, go beyond the obvious and learn to rela
Alaina
Not Quite Enough is probably my favorite book out of the Not Quite series. It just didn't seem so predictable to me or cliché. I just loved everything about it - especially the characters, Monica and Trent.

I can't say that I devoured it as quickly as the others but that's because I mostly just listened to the audiobook instead of just reading it on my actual kindle. Plus, I just really wanted to enjoy the book as well.

Now, Monica saves lives because she's a freaking awesome person. Even throug
Juanita
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audios
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just like all of the other books I have read by this author, I devoured this book and was quite sad to see the book end.

The author always seems to draw me into the story so much that I feel that I am watching what is happening with the characters she so brilliantly weaves into the story.

I have liked Monica from the first book in the series. Although this book can be read as a stand alone book, I already knew, hang read the other two book in the series that Monica was a very selfless
Elaine
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5++ I don't read a lot of contemporary romance, but I do pick up all of Catherine's books as they are released. This is the third in the "Not Quite" series. This can be read as a stand alone but it is nice to revisit the other characters. I have found that each of Bybee's books just get better. This is the first of her contemporaries that had me reaching for a Kleenex though.
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
4.5 Sweet Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

GAH! I love Catherine Bybee. Every book that I have read of hers so far I have absolutely adored. This book is part of a series but I read it as a stand alone with no problem and I will be going back to read the others after reading this one.

There is just something special about Catherine's books. They have a great balance of love, drama, chemistry & wholesomeness.

For Monica she holds people at hands reach to protect her heart which gives he
Jenny - Book Sojourner
I had the pleasure of meeting Catherine Bybee at an author event this year. Though I had seen her books around, I hadn't read any yet. She was terrific and we found what I'd hoped would be just the right book for me - Not Quite Enough - as I love the medical field and romance. So I bought my copy, got it signed, and went on my merry way. Well, let me tell you, when I finally got to reading it, my first thought was "Why didn't I read this sooner?" Then my second thought was, "I wish I had bought ...more
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIO & EBOOK; MARCH 6, 2014
Narrator: Amy McFadden

McFadden was horrible here. The story was more about the aftermath of a disaster with a romance thrown in the mix. After what I felt was long boring first chapter about A Day in the Life of an ER Nurse, I thought the book would pick up steam with the introduction of the Barefoot Pilot, but nada. It just turned into another disaster-type movie turned into a book and where the locals are called 'natives'. Really? "Natives walked along"
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
I’m a huge fan of Catherine Bybee’s Not Quite series, but Not Quite Enough (Not Quite #3) is my new favorite book of the series. After getting to know Monica Mann in the first books books, I enjoyed getting to delve deeper into her character through her own story as well as learning more about her love interest, Trent Fairchild. I've always liked Monica’s fierce and spunky nature, but Not Quite Enough showed a different side of her character – a side that’s hardworking and dedicated to her job a ...more
Maqluba
So this book would have been a good 3.5 star for me if two specific lines didn't stick out to me. Two lines in two separate chapters that were unnecessary and could have been easily dropped and served ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE except they both touched a nerve with me.

Line one:
The author is explaining a bar that the heroine and her co-workers meet at and rather than describing the bar as a local hangout for the workers she says this:
"The jukebox held some of the latest pop fav
Samantha
I received an electronic copy of Not Quite Enough via Netgalley. This has no bearing on my rating or review.

4.5 stars.

I first read Not Quite Dating and thought it was okay I didn't have any real plans to read another book by Catherine Bybee but then this little gem popped up on Netgalley. I'm so glad I read it. It was a cute, romantic story with just enough drama to reel you in but not leave you overwhelmed.

I liked Monica's no nonsense attitude and Trent was sweet. I loved the banter about Mo
Jane
I have a new found respect for Catherine Bybee. This book is AMAZING! The whole time I wondered why she isn't a television screen writer??
This book had all the elements of a gray's anatomy and more, except about nurse. It's not just a romance. It had humanity, humility.
The characters were more than life like. And the story, how it flowed seamlessly from one event to another proves how well planned this book is!

I can't say enough about this serious or this book in particular! Can't wait for mo
Shirl
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this story alot because it wasn't just a romance. The humane story of Monica going over to Jamaica to help a devastated island after a large earthquake and tsnamai was heart felt to see all the suffering. The sexy barefoot helicopter pilot, Trent, made the story more down to earth. I love the relationship between the two and how it developed. This was a good story full of events and growing attraction that you couldn't put down. Good read! 4.5 stars
Ashley Barrett
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have loved Monica's fierce protectiveness and witty retorts throughout the Not Quite series so I couldn't wait to get to know her better! Her heart for others was inspiring! Trent's care for her was heart-warming! I loved that this wasn't a vacation fling romance. This was a humanitarian effort turned heart-healing romance.
Xhellokitty99x
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hands down my favorite book of the series!!!
Beth
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I think I loved this book the most so far!!! I am so hoping the series continues with the Fairchild brothers!!! Thank you again, Ms. Bybee!
Teresa
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
3.5 stars. I still really enjoyed this one but for some reason had trouble connecting. Still a solid read over a winter storm weekend.
Pam
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not Quite Enough is the third in the Not Quite series and is by Catherine Bybee. She did an outstanding job on writing about doctors and nurses who give of their time to travel to places where a catastrophe has occurred. She didn’t go into a lot of gross details of the tsunami over Jamaica; but gave the essence which is enough.
Monica Mann is a wonderful ER nurse. She keeps her cool in the roughest of situations until a little girl came in and was now in surgery to save her life. Monica has to t
Jenn Avery
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Catherine Bybee is probably better known for her amazing Weekday Bride series; however her Not Quite series is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Each of the books in this series could easily be standalone books; however I had grown to like Monica so much in the previous two books in the series I was eagerly awaiting her book to be released. I was not at all disappointed. Not Quite Enough was an emotional book that I truly could not put down. The book had plenty of romance in it, but it also ...more
Christine
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a very enjoyable book to lose myself in for a cozy weekend read. Monica goes to Jamaica for Nurses Without Borders to help out after an earthquake. There she meets Trent, a helicopter pilot and millionaire in seclusion. The two end up getting caught up in a second earthquake and spending a perilous few days together.

This was really a very well-told story. It didn't quite have that extra something that would have made it a 5-star read for me, but I have nothing but good thing
Carla Cabrera
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I loved it. It is a unique play of the usual boy-meets-girl. Even though the overall outline of the book is nothing new, I did like the story the author put around it. She takes you into the ER and into the relief efforts of Borderless Nurses and then to Monica as Trent helps her fight for her life. There are no gory details but you do get a glimpse into it . Monica and Trent have a past that does cause some conflict in their budding relationship. Trent has trouble trusting women and Monica ...more
Lovetoread
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was Catherine Bybee's last book in the Not Quite trilogy. This was Monica's story. Monica was first introduced as Jessie's sister in Not Quite Daring. You just have to love a woman like Monica, she not only is hard working but an incredible sister and good friend as you learn in the first two books in the series. In Not Quite Enough Monica has been working now as a nurse for 4 years at the hospital when an earthquake hits Jamaica and she is part of the medical team with Borderless Nurses. D ...more
Ilene
Liked it, just not as much as the other books in the series. Not exactly sure why though.

I wanted happiness for Monica, she sure deserved it for all the help she did for others.
It was pretty crappy all the stuff that happened to her though.

Trent was a good guy but just sort of okay for me.

*I half read/half listened and that might be part of my issue. I like the narrator but she is the same for all the books, sometimes it works for me and sometimes not.
JMV
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The best of the series so far.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-f
This is the third book in the Not Quite series that I've read and I have realized that these books are Not Quite for me. Of the 3 I read, this one was probably the most boring of them all. If it weren't for the pick up in the last 30% of the book I would have lost complete interest.
Monica, the heroine of the story, is an ER nurse she is independent and head strong. She is focused on her career and is not the type to settle or depend on a man. She is the type of girl to love them and leave
Megan
AHH!

Loved the nurse angle. I wish I could be a medical person of some sort I considered physiotherapist or just a therapist in general but it was super silly to meet the requirements for it. & I don't do blood so that rules out doctor or nurse!!

Due to this I felt so much for Monica, being a nurse willing (and I didn't realize nurses did this but of course why wouldn't they?) so I felt so much admiration for Monica. Lovely character.

I thought it was nice an
Mary McFarlane
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh this one is my favorite so far!!! I loved this story so much. I'm so glad we got to see those other couples in this book as much as we could with the location for where this book mostly took place. And for some reason I was really happy to see Gary Owens again.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
What a great story - this went above and beyond with some survival, politics and family. And who doesn't love a helicopter pilot?

Amy McFadden was her usual brilliant self on the audio.

• Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital #3)
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • Single by Saturday: By Catherine Bybee -- Review
  • Turn Up the Heat (Pine Mountain, #1)
  • Tempted in the Tropics (Suddenly Smitten, #2)
  • The Wedding Ultimatum
  • It Had to Be Fate (It Had to Be #3)
  • Dressed in White
  • Talent for Trouble (Blake Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • Hold on My Heart
  • Busted (Promise Harbor Wedding, #3)
  • Sea of Love (Bayberry Island, #1)
  • The Difference Between
  • Fighting for the Edge (Edge, #3)
  • Sexy as Sin (Sinful, Montana Book 3)
  • Three Nights before Christmas (Wild Montana Nights, #3)
  • Bane (Strain, #2)
  • Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (Roman Holiday, #1-10)
New York Times Bestselling Author

RONE award Winner 2013
Not Quite Enough

Winner of the More Than Magic Award for Paranormal romance 2011 ...more

Not Quite (6 books)
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
  • Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6)
“Silence came in two categories, quiet and painful, or quiet and comfortable.” 1 likes
“It's when that fear goes away that you know you've found the right person to risk everything for.” 1 likes