Start by marking “Dazzled” as Want to Read:
Dazzled

Dazzled

When Hollywood calls, is the price for fame too high?

Miles Stephens is a young actor from London. Out of work, unemployable, and fired from his last job, he gets the chance to star in a break-out role in a big-time Hollywood film.

The film is a great success, propelling him to worldwide Hollywood fame – but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, and the pressure starts to get
Published September 10th 2013 by Harvey-Berrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dazzled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dazzled

Start your review of Dazzled
Peek At My Book Review
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2013, arc

Rating : 4.5 Stars

description

My Views : This is honestly one of the best friends-to-lovers romance that I have read so far. Dazzled was a sweet and light story which made me have a wonderful time reading. It made me swoon and wanting for more. description

Style of writing : JHB is going to dazzle you with her writing in this one. The words were flowing so easily and it was simply impossible to put this one down. description We get the pov of both Miles and Clare which is a plus for me.

Characters : Clare was actually my favou
Bibi
Sep 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
There's really no one to blame but myself and with such a dismal average rating, I should've known better.

Dazzled, indeed. More like befuddled.

From reading The Education of Sebastian/Caroline and At Your Beck & Call I believe JHB is a talented author, which is why I find Dazzled a bit disconcerting. Reading it was like expecting a ride on the express train only to find (and with due respect to San Franciscans) you're on the San Fran cable car.

Tsk. Not fun.
Christy
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it

3.5-4 Stars
 photo 7b7a28d1-bb49-45a6-a088-2d85fd301d23_zps5882b727.jpg

Miles and Clare are best friends. They have been for a long time. Miles loves Clare. He respects her, looks out for her, cares for her. Clare loves Miles. But it’s different. Clare is in love with Miles and has been for quite some time. Clare will never tell Miles of her feelings. She couldn’t handle the rejection from him, she loves him too much to lose him or make things awkward at the very least.
Friend. Strange how that ordinary word pierced me.

photo 9ae297a5-8c78-43cf-bc8c-803c28e5959b_zps99876fd9.jpg
Maybe I should tell
Smitten's Book Blog

[image error]

Squeeeeeee!!! I'm so so excited about this book!

I was truly honoured to get my grubby paws on a super early ARC of Dazzled and I can't tell you how much I can't wait for you all to read it.

It's no secret that I absolutely love Jane Harvey-Berrick's writing. I loved the controversial, steamy journey of Sebastian and Caroline and then more recently, the totally mind-blowingly original, heart wrenching story of Lisanne and Daniel in Dangerous to Know & Love. The woman is already a geni
It's just me Shelly B
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

daz·zle

1. To dim the vision of, especially to blind with intense light.
2. To amaze, overwhelm, or bewilder with spectacular display

Not so sure I was Dazzled but I can't really say I didn't like it either.....I'm just some where in between. And for some reason the in between books are the hardest for me to write reviews for......while you don't love them you don't hate them by any means!

This a book about childhood best friends, Clare and Miles.

Miles is an actor he lives in London, which is where
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it

SWEET ADORABLE 3.5 STARS

Well, I was super excited when Lisa provided me with Dazzled ARC! I was jumping with happiness.

photo d8c.gif

Jane Harvey-Berrick became my favourite author when I fell in love with Daniel Colton until today <3

Let's move from Daniel Colton to Miles Stephens! Miles is a young British actor who moves to LA for audition and lands himself a movie. The moment I picked Dazzled first, Miles reminded me of how Robert Pattinson landed that Twilight audition. LOL Perhaps it's just me!

My
Michelle
COPY provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo cc38fe78f440424b9f93e04da04f27_zpspkzvgpfy.gif

A light romantic comedy that will leave you dazzled!!!! I have read several books from Jane Harvey-Berrick and this book was different but delightful. If you are a fan of best friends to lovers romance, then this book might be for you as Jane Harvey-Berrick explores the strong friendship of Miles Stephens and his best friend, Claire.

photo 096f5b7826ecf76c66aeb1b6023341_zpsbu6ig44y.gif “I’d been dazzled by him my whole life. And it wasn’t fair. For either of us.”

Miles and Claire are c
Lise *friends don't flag*
3.5 sweet but not blown away stars...

description

My goodness… I loved The Education of Sebastian of Caroline books by Jane Harvey-Berrick and when I was offered the op to read her new adult book, Dazzled… I of course said “sure thing”

This is nothing like the story of Caroline and Sebastian. For me this book was pure sweetness with a sarcastic dash of British humor. Kinda like Mary Poppins meets Benny Hill… perhaps a poor analogy but that is what I came up with.

This friends to lovers story had two of the mo
Jen
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Dazzled is not your "run of the mill" type of romance; in fact, it is what you would call-a Romantic Comedy. There were some definite funny one-liners; a lot of what I would classify as sarcastic humor. My three star rating has nothing to do with the style of writing, and more to do with the fact that I like way more romance in a book that I read.

This story was a story of two best friends. Clare and Miles have been besties since they were in short pants, and have gone through basically every mil
Kirsty
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013, arc
*CLICK HERE TO ENTER A GIVEAWAY FOR 3 E-COPIES OF DAZZLED!*

I have to take my hat off to Jane Harvey-Berrick, she really can write some brilliant stories. I've read The Education of Sebastian, The Education of Caroline, Dangerous to Know Love and now Dazzled. And with everyone they seem to be getting better and better and I fall in love with her characters every time.

Just off the top I have to mention the one thing I loved the absolute most whilst reading this. Both characters are British and fro
Elaine
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
 photo amazing-baby-firework-sparkle-Favimcom-235552_zps21288a7b.gif

photo feature_presentation_zps4b198984.gif

"Everybody is somebody and I'm just a nobody with Big Dream"

Meet Miles, 20 and wants to be an actor. After a few West End parts and TV and after getting fired from his latest project Melody Rimes his UK agent decides to send him off to audition for the film script of the best seller book Dazzled
 photo a3de257b-8e86-45d5-b2ca-0150c73ac8ef_zpsa1dbbed3.jpg
Now meet Clare
She's been best friends with Miles since school and she has also been secretly in love with him too.
 photo my-best-friend-wedding-8_zpse0c8ae39.gif
When this opportunity comes up for Miles to leave the UK and go to Hollywo
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
oh YAY! Another book by the author of The Education of Sebastian/Caroline :)

Silvana
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I wasn't sure how to rate this, kept going from 3 stars to 4, then I went with 3.5 because while Dazzled was a well written book, it wasn't something I was really blown away by!

It was a sweet read, not as sweet as this

description

but still sweet. ^^^^ I really need this right now!!

Dazzled was a really funny romance, not laugh out loud funny but made me smile quite a bit!

I just did not connect with any of the characters, Miles -though sweet- was too naive and blind for my liking. Clare did not fa
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
‘A quirky, comedy romance that is sure to Dazzle.’ – Kelly, Perusing Princesses

Oh I needed this book like England needs sunshine. Dazzled is a bright star; a fun and extremely comical friends to lover romance that had me laughing out loud in the wee early hours. I loved the British dialect and the relationship dynamics between the adorable Miles and Clare. Dazzled is quirky but sensitive and would appeal to fans of Young Adult and Contemporary Romance. This is quite literally, a literary breath
Zizz
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5stars

This was cute, charming and a refreshing take on the best friends turned lovers plotline.

The two main characters make this story work. Miles - it took awhile for me to warm up to him. He is not your usual book boyfriend. He's the goofy guy that takes getting used to - the extreme opposite of the alpha bad boy. We first meet him as a sweet guy which I felt bordered on a loser level actually. He just got fired from his recent acting job. Was struggling in his acting ambition. He has dysle
Grace
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet and funny friends to lovers story, about finding a future with the person who's been there to support the other every step of the way.

This is now my fifth book from the author and it was a bit different. But not in a bad way. While this story had plenty of angst like the author's other work, there was a lot of humor to lighten up the tension. In addition, the majority of this story focuses on the friendship between Miles and Clare.

Miles, like most book boyfriends, is obvious good-looking
Sara
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-read
This one was a 3.5 for me. I wasnt sure what to expect going in. My biggest issue was being unable to connect with the main characters Miles and Clare.

Miles and Clare have grown up together, and they are British. Miles is into acting and music. Acting hasnt always worked out for him. He's been fired, he falls for the leading ladies and gets burned. He's not some player that cant keep it in his pants either, he's a nice guy. But he has the worst self esteem. When he gets to Hollywood he is so ou
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
No doubt about it, Jane Harvey-Berrick is one of my favorite authors!!

Preparing myself to be "dazzled" by this book! :)
Silvia
Loved

This book Dazzled me! Friends to lovers is one of my fave types of love stories. Miles and Clare are sweet, sexy, and the perfect way to cap off a stressful week. I don’t care if it wasn’t believable. It was exactly what I needed!
Lelyana
ARC given by Kirsten Papi with Author and Lisa's permission in exchange for an honest review.

5 hillarious sweet Dazzling stars!

OMG! This is what I expected from Jane. The other hilarious funny, witty, heart warming novel!

Seriously, this one amazed me. Big time. All the banters, all the jokes, all the conversations…very refreshing, and definitely “Unputdownable”!

Meet Miles, 20, young fresh British actor

and Clare, little miss Chubby

I loved Miles, he’s funny, innocent , and sexy as hell…and he’s
Bia Travesso
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-provided
***** 3 STARS *****

I have to say that once I got the arc, I just started doing this little dance. Coudn't help myself. Another Jane's book? I'm all in!

The story starts in London and we're introduced to Clare and Miles. Inseparable friends since babies, he's an aspiring actor, with a little bone on the music side, which had just been fired from a play. Shy and sensible boy but extremely handsome. Clare, on the other side, is just a regular girl with an average body, English literature major. She
Audrey
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm dazzled by Jane Harvey Berrick.

It's my second read on the story (yes i read it twice!!) and only she could drive me crazy with emotion while what sending me laughing with the witty humour. I felt like crying and laughing at the same time.

Sometimes fame changes everything. It changed people, ruined friendships, attracted wrong people and it cost you in more way than one.

Miles's journey to stardom might just cost him more than he'd willing to pay but having Clare, his best friend, around maki
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by author that I've read and I had very mixed reviews throughout my reading. On one hand, I loved it! I absolutely love the new cover and I overall liked and enjoyed the characters. But on the other, I just really wanted to strangle and yell at the characters most of the time. This book is just filled with angst! It will definitely take you on a roller coaster of emotions through happiness to anger to sadness to love.

Miles Stephens is a young actor from London who gets the
Yelena Bosh
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Claire knows two important facts: When you break chocolate, the calories fall out; AND that she's totally in love with clueless Miles...

Review - 4 (almost 5)

Where do I begin?! So, have you ever started a book and didn't want to finish it because you knew that once you read the last page that's it? Where you just prolong your reading because you aren't mentally prepared to give up a great story?...Well, this is only an understatement of how I felt about this amazing review copy of "DAZZLED" by J
Mazmum
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book Review - Dazzled by Jane Harvey Berrick - 3 1/2 sometimes you just have to open your eyes, to see what’s right in front of your face stars

Ok firstly I have a confession. Dazzled is one of Jane’s older books and although I’ve known about it for a while, it just never quite made it up the tbr list. I can’t tell you if it was the original cover (I did watch the guy in Xfactor and I could have given birth to him, so he could never be my hero), or something else.

Fast forward a little while and s
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit torn on Clare and Miles' story because while I enjoyed how quirky both of them were and the inside look at how a no name becomes famous and the ups and downs Miles goes through in his rise to fame, I had a hard time buying into a romantic relationship between the two of them; it seemed one sided for about 75% of the text, so I felt like I had whiplash from the sudden change in relationship status and what that meant for them due to their separation and Miles' stardom.

Miles Stephens is
She Picked This Book
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I am officially a big fan of this author. It seems like everything she writes is awesome. Her versatility is amazing, she can write serious books, funny books. YA books, NA books everything. I don't understand how this book has a sub 4.0 GR rating

The good
1)Sexy times (the first sex scene between Miles & Clare was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Very uniquely done.
2) Miles & Clare were such hilarious and sincere characters
3) Miles was such a different male lead. Very dorky &
Saunders
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
good story = Jane Harvey-Berrick is a faultless writer. Lots of laugh out loud moments, best friends become more.
The Coycaterpillar Reads
It’s always going to be a difficult task to go against the grain of what appears to be a much-loved popular book. I know reading is very much a personal thing, but I feel I need to get my views on paper. I felt I needed a break from the thrillers/police procedurals/fantasy novels that I love so I randomly picked a romance novel from my goodreads TBR. Alas I started reading Dazzled. On first sight it looked like a cute, quick fun read. It was penned as a New Adult novel, and I’m afraid after read ...more
Tania
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
For more on this review, please see...

I love Jane Harvey-Berrick’s books! I am always a little worried when I decide to review a new book by an author I enjoy; what if I don’t like it? I know, first world problems and all, but thankfully not a problem with JHB’s upcoming release Dazzled. This is the fourth Jane Harvey-Berrick book that I have read; The Education of Sebastian, The Education of Caroline and Dangerous to Know & Love, rounding out the group. W
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • The Change Up
  • The Lineup
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • Faked
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Trade
  • The Dugout
  • Zach (Hell's Handlers MC, #1)
  • The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise, #1)
  • All the Rage (King, #4.5)
  • Infinite Fury (Ruthless Bullies, #3)
  • Saddle Up (Ryker Ranch, #1)
  • Liar Liar
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • Poodle (Ruthless Kings MC, #4)
  • Boomer (Ruthless Kings MC, #2)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
Writing is my passion and my obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas!

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk on the beach every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

To keep up-to-date with new books, special offers a