Start by marking “Dark Light (Dark Light, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Light (Dark Light, #1)

Dark Light

(Dark Light #1)

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN B009YLRCCU

Love. Sex. Magic.

Before her 20th birthday, Gabriella was pretty much clueless about all three. In love with her best guy friend since the age of 14 and too crass and intimidating for most of the male population of Colorado Springs, love and good sex were virtually a myth.

And then there’s magic. Freakin’ magic.
Published October 28th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Dark Light, please sign up.
Sarah Tindale So people like me who love the steamy paranormal romance can read it.!!!!!!

Start your review of Dark Light (Dark Light, #1)
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Apr 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who like guys with piercing blue eyes? I mean, I don't honestly know.
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Friends who are being disowned as we speak. I'm just kidding. No I'm not.
Dorian Skotos
Dorian Skotos
Dori...tos
Doritos?

I solved Dorian's mystery! He's a snack food! Hey, at least that would have been a real twist, unlike the one we got in the book.

1.5 stars. I've been slipping - I MISSED a love/drug/sex reference! Someone else had to point it out to me. The urge to skim bit me in the butt this time. Nooooooo!!!

It pains me to have to write another low-rated review this week, but no matter how much I tried to justify the good parts of Dark Light outweighing the bad, I ju
Duchess Nicole
Apr 01, 2013 added it
Recommends it for: Lovers of angst, paranorma NA for mature readers
Recommended to Duchess Nicole by: Didi
DNF
Well, I hate to do it but I've got to put this aside for awhile. When housework can lure me away from a book, it's probably time to choose another read!

I think this could really work for a lot of people, especially the avid fans of the new New Adult genre. This was full of "new indie author" feel...lots of slightly off reactions, dramatic moments that really weren't dramatic at all, overly used phrases...

A couple of specifics...Dude has blue eyes...they are piercing blue eyes...light blue eye
Marina
Love. Sex. Magic.

Yes, I believe this is f*cking accurate.

I have no idea what the hell I just read.

This book is toxic.

I am freaking intoxicated. Coherent thoughts have left the building.

Dorian.

I want to hit him. To tackle him on the ground. To smack his head on the wall. To hug him. To love him.

Yes, that about sums it up.

And then.

The alluring man in the photograph is no stranger to me. I know him well, just as he knows every
inch of me inside and out.
Dorian.
M
Alexis *Reality Bites*
This Book is Rated G for Good
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Full Review posted 11-19-14

photo darklightfinalpic1_zps7c3b6479.jpg

In Dark Light I met Gabriella a nineteen year old woman living what she considers a mundane life. Well, mundane that is until she finds out exactly whom she is…because who she is will lead her in to a destiny she herself could have never imagined.

‘Mmmm, Dorian. Even his name melts on the tongue like butter.’

Gabi is out celebrating her 20th birthday with friends when she spots the gorgeously
Snow
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
my, my, my...

this is quite a story to dwell upon considering we are talking about fantasy genre...

it's a story of awakening...

growing into your own skin...

discovering who you are, literally and figuratively...while you are being swept away by the misterious and dangerous black hair/blue eyed man called Dorian...who is NOT what he appears to be in a first place...

this is a story of a slow seduction, of planned take over, a conquer so passionate BUT subtle that consumes you without even knowing it
Claire Contreras
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4-4.5

Wow. Well, shit.

I don't usually read fantasy (I was told this was paranormal at first, but I researched and found out that warlocks and such is fantasy). Still, I would kind of classify this as paranormal. Idk you read it and let me know what it is please.

Anyhow, I usually don't read this genre, but holy crap I loved this story. Gabriella (the MC) is a cool chick, I can see myself hanging out with her. She didn't annoy me, though I did spend 60% of the book wanting to shake her and tell he
Navessa
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it

Why do I do this to myself? I attempted to read this a month ago and didn’t get past the first chapter. For some reason (which I now regret) I forced myself to give this book another chance, probably because of the many glowing reviews I’d read and the high rating (while writing this it’s a 4.28).

I should have known better. Whenever independent books have ratings this high I’m the one person that HATES them. This one proved no different. On round two I made it to page twelve before I had to sto
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
I'm giving this book another chance...
Jacqueline (Jbooklover)
Sep 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
1/5 stars

It's crazy how different my reading experience with this book is compared to S.L. Jennings other book, Born Sinner, which I read last month and really enjoyed. Sadly, I found this book to be lacking and at some points cringy. Only real pro I had was I flew through it. Other than that I didn't find anything particularly "wowing" for me.

Even though I didn't LOVE this book I would highly recommend to check out her other book Born Sinner. I'm still sorta shocked at the differences between
Nikki
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Love. Magic. Sex. Yes, please.

I honestly don't even know how to rate this book, so I'm going with 3.25 stars. Let me say: I was hooked. This was unique, intriguing, and hot. I had some issues with the book...the middle drop in the storyline, Gabriella's unrealistic acceptance of her new life, her blindness and stupidity over what was right in front of her, and the authors need to TELL us everything instead of SHOW it...but some how none of that even mattered. I loved Dorian. I couldn't put t
The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★★½

Book Description:

Lise *friends don't flag*
I love paranormal and I have strayed away from this genre far too long. So.. when I saw some buzz over this series, I decided to jump in.
I would label this one paranormal-light. This read much more like a contemporary romance/new adult book-with an innocent young women, Gabriella (at least she wasn’t a freaking virgin) and a mysterious rich-alpha-sexy-as-hell-male, Dorian.
Gabs met Dorian on her 20th birthday, the same day she was told that she was different.
The two have insta-chemistry and th
Valentina "TinchyB"
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
It took me a while but I finally finished this book and I don't know why I waited for this long to read it.
This was really good read.
Sláinte Wanderlust
Lots of my friends liked this book..

Not even 10 percent in to this book i was like..

Dorian

Gab

The story

It got to the point i was like.. jeeze..

but its got to be
Ivie dan Glokta
How Buffy would deal with this chick....

I am dead sure of it. She would simply swoop in, kick her ass without braking a nail or batting an eyelash for that matter and just bounce. And all would be well deserved too.

I got past the hundred page mark and can say that nothing happened. Literally nothing. This novel is confused with itself. It doesn't know what it wants to be. It is supposed to be a PNR, but the PN is nowhere in sight. It is so very subdued and inconsequential I had to remind mysel
Linda
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-paranormal
This is another hard review for me...I rated it 3 stars because....well frankly, I borderline really disliked/HATED Gabriella. That is so hard for me. I rarely feel that negatively towards a heroine but she cannot be that absolutely, bloody idiotic. How in the hell did she NOT know Dorian is Dark? Crap, I knew that from the second we were introduced to him in the club.

Aside from that, the fact that she took pleasure from Dorian intentionally hurting her during sex (although tame compared to som
D.G.
Jan 22, 2013 marked it as dnf
DNF @5%

Although Dark Light seemed to full of potential for mockery and laughter, I decided to dnf it after reading the following gems:

Dangerously dark hair styled in chaotic perfection halos the most beautiful face, man or woman, I have ever seen. - Can somebody explain to me how can hair be dangerous? Does it have lice?

I've only met him yet he has already claimed space in my slightly inebriated mind. - Well, that's because you're drunk.

My intoxicated haze has dissipated and I am completely abst
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I never intended on reading this book but when it went on sale I said why not! I was not disappointed! This book is full of suspense that had me wanting more. And then there is dreamy mysterious Dorian. It makes for a perfect combination for a great story. Can't wait to see what's in store! Highly recommend!!!
Juewelz - SMIBookClub
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA/Romance/LOVERS!
Recommended to Juewelz - SMIBookClub by: THESUBCLUBbooks.com
Shelves: blog-tours, favorites
Gather around loves it’s story time,
I want to tell you guys about MY new book Boo but then you are going to fall in love with him and want him to choke you and well I just can’t have that.

In the spirit of being an unselfish book blogger though I kind of have the Girl Scouts honor obligation duty to tell you about this book. AND I want to spread the word about this amazing series as much as possible so you guys not only jump on the paranormal band wagon but introduce you to new upcoming, kick as
Megan
Read more reviews like this at The Book Asylum.

Have you ever been in a book funk that you didn’t even realize you were in? That’s exactly what happened to me this past Friday. I reached out to many of you through my facebook page to ask for suggestions on what to read next and your response was incredible! I wasn’t in the mood for anything on my kindle, which is saying something since I have about 150 books unread on there right now. No joke. One of the suggestions that kept popping up was the D
Didi
**** 5 DARKALISCIOUS STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****

WHEW!! That was INCREDIBLE.FANTASTIC.ORIGINAL.MESMERIZING. ONE HELL OF A PARANORMAL ROMANCE!

This is an original take on the witches and sorcerer-type genre. Using the term witch is crass. Because these women are so much more than that. Instead they are called light enchanters.
Their male conterparts are known as warlocks, instead of sorcerers or wizards, and they practice dark magic.

AND THESE TWO OF THE SAME ARE AT WAR.

Light Enchanters are hunting wa
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
A solid 3 star read

While this book will not be making it to my favorites shelf, it was still a pretty good read. The first 50% really dragged for me. I had a really tough time getting into the story. I'd say the first half of this book would have been a 1 star rating, but the action picked up in the second half so I'll bump it to 3 stars.

What I liked:

The story: The plot itself had a very interesting promise. I've read quite a few paranormal and fantasy books and yet this still had a uniqueness
DKristin
Really more like 4.5 stars!!! I haven't read a paranormal romance book in awhile and this one did not disappoint at all. It reminded me why I love this niche in the genre. This story reminded me of other series I have read in a good way. It was familiar but not boring or too predictable. I liked that while the main character had a great deal of questions she wasn't completely blind like some girls in these kinds of stories can be. She was able to admit that she wanted to remain in denial about a ...more
Chandra
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
One word book review: Superb

My casting for Dorian and Gabriella...

description

description
Akilah Raines
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
looooooved this book!!! I can't believe I'm done and the way it ended, Ugggggghhh I have to wait and it sucks!!!! ....... this book IS intense! and I looove the cover makes me wanna buy it though its not the same in paperback. Fantastic Job SL Jennings. :)
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Love. Sex. Magic.

And then there’s magic. Freakin’ magic. There’s no way that legend could have a place in her less than exciting life. So why after twenty years of utter obscurity do her adopted parents hit her with the ton of bricks th
Genea
First of all I should say that I loved it. I don't think I've ever been so stumped on reviewing a book before. Maybe it's because it would be so easy to give away too much. My attention was first drawn by the cover, it's beautiful, there I go judging a book by it's cover again, can't help it but so glad it wasn't just a teaser luring me in. Next, the synopsis sounded interesting so I decided it would be my next read. The concept, the dialogue, the characters was great. Gabriella found out on her ...more
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
~~5 Out of this world stars~~

Gabriella grew up thinking she was just ordinary, nothing special, no special athletic talents, no amazing spark. She was adopted at birth and lived a very normal life until her 20th birthday. The day she turned 20 she discovered that the person she thought she was is not who she was born to be. Her world turned upside down she suddenly felt like everything she once thought she knew was in fact a lie.

She comes to find out that she is not entirely human - she holds
Lesley
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Do you remember being twenty and thinking, " what am I going to be when I grow up"? Meet Gabriella, a young college student, who has no idea what she wants to do in life. She just knows that something is missing. But WHAT? Gabi is given some pretty heavy information by her adopted parents. She is left to discover a whole new world on her own. The unbelievable secrets she uncovers puts her line for the insane asylum, but do they ? Magic? Yeah, Right. Gabi has many decisions to make in life. Alrea ...more
Hbeebti
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
I really enjoyed this. All the mystery and magic. Lust and sex. Although I was kinda put off when Dorian would get aggressive and choke Gabi during sex. Although she wanted it, it just was weird for me. Although I do get it. They were both unleashing some of the darkness.

What frustrated me to no end is that as a reader you know what Dorian is about. You know what hes doing even though its not from his pov. You just know that things aren't what they seem. The fact that Gabi didn't get a clue unti
Foreword: The Dark Light Series 3 22 Nov 05, 2014 07:29PM
Any recommendations similar to this book? PNR books. 5 89 Jul 08, 2013 07:40AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/update book cover 38 283 Jan 22, 2013 10:01AM
Indie Book Collec...: Would love some reviews for my novel DARK LIGHT 3 35 Dec 31, 2012 12:49PM

• Zoey Rogue (Incubatti, #1)
  • Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • Seducing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #4)
  • Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1)
  • City in Embers (Collector, #1)
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
  • Dwellers of Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Becoming his Monster (Playing with Monsters, #3)
  • The Two Kings (Afterlife Saga #2)
  • Afterlife (Afterlife Saga, #1)
  • Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)
  • Sleeping with Monsters (Playing With Monsters, #2)
  • Such Violent Delights: A Holiday Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • A Demon's Dark Embrace (The Elite Guards, #1)
  • The Quarter Moon (Afterlife Saga, #4)
S.L. Jennings is a proud military wife to her high school sweetheart, a mom of 3 rowdy boys, and a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and paranormal romance. When she’s not obsessing over book boyfriends, you can find her hanging out with a few epic fictional loves at independent bookstores, or sipping a Bloody Mary at her favorite brunch haunt in Spokane, Washington. ...more

Dark Light (3 books)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Light Shadows (Dark Light, #3)

News & Interviews

“Dorian strokes my exposed back with the tips of his fingers, sending shockwaves up and down my spine. I gasp from the contact, resisting the urge to beg him for more. He brings his face down to my neck, letting his lips brush my earlobe. “Gabriella, I would love to bend you over this desk right now and pull your dress up past your thighs and over your ass,” he murmurs, sex dripping from his soft lips.

“That sounds good to me,” I breathe, turning my head a fraction. “What’s stopping you?” Never in my life have I been this bold and eager with a man but Dorian has awakened the sleeping sex giant within me. If my days are numbered, I want to at least die happy.

“Oh, I would do it. But I know Aurora will come looking for me and I don’t want to be disturbed when I… ruin you.” Ruin me? It sounds so threatening and violent.
I love it.”
35 likes
“Let’s get drunk,” I state, clinking my glass with his.

“Sure you want to do that?” Dorian says with a raised eyebrow. He gives me that look a lot, probably because of all my questionable behavior.

“I’m not sure of anything anymore,” I say with a cynical chuckle. “But I know I’m tired of disappointment. And I’m tired of keeping secrets. And I’m tired of fucking things up!”

Dorian nods, understanding my frustration. “Do you want me to help you?” he asks quietly. I know what he means. Dorian is offering to fix me like he did the day before.

“No,” I shake my head. “I want you to drink with me. Then I want you to do things to me that are as dirty and immoral as I already feel.” I take another hefty gulp and let the searing burn strip away the guilt and shame in my chest.

“Ok, let’s get drunk.” And with that Dorian downs the entire contents of his glass and turns on the music.”
20 likes