Start by marking “Miss Stake” as Want to Read:
Miss Stake

Miss Stake

(Veronica Benoit )

Alligators, snakes, and old boyfriends...Oh my. The swamp is a dangerous place, but it’s nothing Veronica can’t handle. That is until a weekend in the marshes brings to light a whole new set of dangers. Now that the supernatural cat is out of the bag, Veronica’s life will never be the same.

This is a 10K short story and the begining of the Miss Series.
Published October 10th 2012 by Terra Stellar Press

To ask other readers questions about Miss Stake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Stake

Start your review of Miss Stake
Ashley Brilinski
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
A lot going on

This short story throws a lot at you in a short amount of time. I like where the story is heading, I just wish they'd have put a little more time into getting there.
Desirai
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I had the pleasure of meeting CG Powell at Indie BookFest last year where she gave me a free printed version of this short story.

I enjoyed it. The writing was good and I was comfortable with the pacing till about half way through. Unfortunately, the second half was a massive info dump with witches, familiars, werewolves, and vampires revealing themselves all at once.

I realize this was meant to be a very short introduction to the Veronica Benoit series, but there was a good story here that coul
Lindy Lu Reviews
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deep in the Louisiana swamp there are lots of dangers like alligators and poisonous snakes to watch out for. But those were the least of Veronicas worries only she had no clue she had been sheltered her whole entire life but she is about to be thrown into the middle of the craziness all around her.

I thought this story was so intriguing, it had that supernatural flare I love with a little swing of romance. It was a great little nugget of goodness that gets you ready for the next book and it has
Nadine Parker
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author. I really enjoyed it. I wasn't totally sure what it was about when I bought the ebook. Because of the title I thought it was about Vampires. There are vampires in it, but they aren't the main characters. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I started reading. I really liked this book, and I bought book two before I was even done reading the first one.
Brenda E Stephens
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great

I wish I'd read this book first. A continuing saga is better in order. My only complaint is the lack of proper editing so it would read more smoothly. Otherwise, love the characters, well fleshed out in such a short time. I also like the imagery, makes me feel like I'm watching a movie in my head. I love that about books. No commercials.
Heather
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Swamp Witch

It wasn't long enough! I knew this was just an introduction, but I was so sucked in from the first page. I couldn't quit reading. After 30 minutes I was hooked and the end. Lol!
Tresa
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for more!

Fun story, great read with a supernatural twist. Veronica has no idea what she is and that those who surround her are really supernatural.....Looking forward to the next book in this series.
Christine
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!! We need more!!
Stephanie Stone
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved it. Great way to start teens into the paranormal.
Paige
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Mar 29, 2015
Kristen Gough
Apr 06, 2015

Veronica Benoit (2 books)
  • Miss Fortune