Start by marking “Yesterday's Heroes (Consortium of Chaos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yesterday's Heroes (Consortium of Chaos, #1)

Yesterday's Heroes

(Consortium of Chaos #1)

High atop the Fortress of Liberty...

The life of a super-hero is not all it’s cracked up to be. Just ask Wyatt Ferral, one of the city’s cape-wearing favorite sons. For one thing, he can’t stand the other heroes, and is starting to see that they aren’t especially heroic. Plus, he’s forced to wear stupid looking spandex costumes, and his unauthorized biographies are filled w
Published July 29th 2012 by Star Turtle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Yesterday's Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yesterday's Heroes

boogenhagen
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The editing isn't great on these, but I don't care. I fell off my chair laughing and the romance is pretty good too.
Coyora Dokusho
Read (2) times

June 20, 2014:

Okay, the first thing you gotta understand... is that this book isn't edited... at all. I think somebody ran it through the spell checker and just hit "replace" on everything. Stuff like mixed pronouns, mixed verb tenses and words that just aren't supposed to be there - but are spelled correctly, by God! **HOWEVER!!!** this in-any-other-situation glaring defect was but a slight distraction from the vast awesomeness that is this book!!

Another problem I have is the mono
Gena
Aug 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-for-me, fantasy
DNF. I read two books by this author so thought I'd give this a try. But oh my goodness, the most boring beginning ever. I really tried and kept slogging but eventually gave up. The author is introducing the characters, but instead of scenes that let us interact with them and get to know them the hero reads out their cvs at a meeting (his first after being in the building for a couple hours). And these cvs are not short so this goes on for many pages. Then Harlot, sigh. If you like the naive, al ...more
Bisquit
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is the perfect example of why sometimes, just sometimes you should either get an editor or shoot the old one. Just kidding, maiming is enough.

"Yesterday's Heroes" was intriguing and hilarious. It also severly lacked a proper, brutal editing hand to
a) mercilessly cut this book down from its what, measly 550~ pages. Let's be honest, your standard revenge-plot (even when involving twists or red herrings) gets by with HALF. While I do adore the ramblings of certain evil characters, you cou
Mandy Moffat
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so i did like this book but i didn't love it. I found it was a bit long winded at times and served more as an introduction to the Consortium of Chaos than a story focused on Wyatt and Harlot.

I really enjoyd Harlots interactions with her "family" and enjoyed the introductions of these colourful characters and am definatly looking forward to reading their books.

As a character i thought Wyatt was a bit 2 dimensional and a bit dull. I didn't feel like there was much chemistry between him and H
Jas
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Very original plot but unnecessarily long.
Sony
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Too many characters introduced though, I understand that they are introducing an entird organization to the readers but it still feels excessive.
Sorhija
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still laughing :)
Fibula
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun and refreshing story!
Erin
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hoot of a read

I love that I get to actually laugh while reading Gannon's books. She has a way of writing that conveys the joy she must take in creating her stories. But, the characters have great pathos too which makes them well rounded characters--even the totally cray-cray ones get a backstory or narration to show that they have a reason for being other than a punch line.

While Peter Feral put a lot of work into making sure that his kid brother, Wyatt, would be well taken care of, which is c
Steve
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Numerous typos, bad grammar, and poorly paced chapters marred what could have been a good read. All CAPS in EVERY bit of dialog is shoddy writing. Too many characters causes the book to lose focus.
There are some great characters and some interesting plot elements, but this doesn't make up for the craft problems mentioned above. There are definitely much better books in this genre.
Francesca
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like superheroes comics like I do, you will enjoy this book.
It's funny, witty ,very well written and original.
It made me laugh out loud.
It could use some editing : some passages are definitely overlong.
Otherwise I would easily gave it 5 stars.
Heike
Feb 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This was written like a teenager's e-mail. O MY GOD .... sorry, but trying to be expressive with capital letters, several times on every page, just puts me off. Cursive lettering was already overused. And the hero was exceptionally silly and dumb. Sorry.
Ashley
Oct 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
I liked the concept behind this book but the actual product felt short. The best way I can describe the book overall is "long winded."
Meha
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Too many characters and too much time spent on them that you lose interest on the story
Heather Horn
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Nigh unreadable.
Joseph
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hands down the funniest supehero/villain novel I have ever read. Massive shout-outs to the author!!!!
YOU HAVE GOT TO READ IT IF YOUR INTO SUPERHERO NOVELS
May 21, 2014
Laurel
Jan 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Overeducated and underemployed, Elizabeth (“Lizzy”) Gannon lives in Florida with her sister Cassandra Gannon (who is also an author) She enjoys romance novels, comic books, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and soap operas.

She has always been the type of person who genuinely votes for the bad guys in movies, TV and video games, and usually can’t stand the hero. Even as a child all of her Barbies were alw

Consortium of Chaos (6 books)
  • The Son of Sun and Sand (Consortium of Chaos, #2)
  • The Guy Your Friends Warned You About (Consortium of Chaos, #3)
  • Electrical Hazard (Consortium of Chaos, #4)
  • The Mad Scientist's Guide to Dating
  • The Only Fish in the Sea (Consortium of Chaos)