Start by marking “Stupid Boy” as Want to Read:
Stupid Boy

Stupid Boy

(Dear Teddy #3)

Stupid Boy, the sequel to the #1 ranked book, Dear Teddy and Telling Teddy.

” I am a stupid boy, with stupid hair and stupid clothes. I am always stupid, forever. My badness comes out and makes it all stupid. I don’t tell Mr. Ted though. He is my friend. We go outside and we get to play. We chop up all the bad people with our swords. We play with Andrew too. He is magic, he
Kindle Edition
Published 2013 by The Cave

To ask other readers questions about Stupid Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stupid Boy

Yamilé Nadra
With “Stupid Boy”, J.D. Stockholm delivers the third installment in his four-part memoir of his childhood. A work I think everyone working with children, or interested in child psychology should read. This installment can be read as a standalone, but is better understood and it gives the reader deeper insight if you read them after the previous ones.

As it happens with the previous books in this memoir, “Stupid Boy” it hurts to read. It’s uniqueness in being written with talent from a very little
Vicky
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All I could think about reading this book was that this is something that you should only have to read or see happening in fiction movies or books, not real life. How is it possible that people can do this to their children or allow them to be abused in this way? I am still reeling from what I read. Horrified does not even begin to cover what I feel.
JD Stockholm, you are an amazing person to have the courage to write your story. This may be of help to so many people and as for the rest of us, o
Cynthia
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever felt such deep anger and hatred for two total strangers that you would happily hunt them down and cause them great physical harm? Well, this is how you will feel when you read JD Stockholm's third book of the Teddy series. Any parent who can subject their child to the horrors that these people did should be made to undergo the same kind of torture. And worse. Because they deserve it. Their innocent child did not.

After reading the first two books, Dear Teddy and Telling Teddy, I rem
LettyT
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Just as he finally gets away from the abuse and is old enough to articulate to those around him, he doesn't and then pulled back in to the abuse.
Dom Perry
3.5 stars.

WHY ISN'T ANYONE IN THIS BOOK (besides J.D., his brother, and Nan of course) IN JAIL?!?!
E.J. Bennett
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A boy taught that he was evil.

This book shows the strength one little boy as along with courage and imagination. A sad read. A boy taught that he was evil by his parents no less. Sane as any young child would he believed the ones that he should be able to trust the most. Story of mental and physical abuse.
Teresa
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In reading the reviews of the prior books in this series, I have seen such words as, heart wrenching, gripping, unique, horrific, and betrayal; as well as, innocence, brilliance, strength, honesty and excellence. This review is no different. I have sat here for hours, trying to come up with something that has not been said about JD's books. I cannot.

And so, at the risk of repeating some of the words and phrases of the other reviewers, (myself included) I first must say, well done, James.

The thir
Cindy Williams
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the 3rd book in this series. It is moving along very slowly. Im kind of getting bored... its like ho-hum ho-hum. Its a very sad subject but repetition is fast wearing me down. That being said Im not sure if I will buy any more books in this particular story by this author.

I understand the subject matter very thoroughly as I myself lived in an abusive childhood home. J.D. does an awesome job being in the mind of the little boy. He does have my sympathy and compassion as I do feel sorry fo
Mabel Mumbles
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How much can one small boy withstand at the the hands of pure evilness.

There is true evil in this world I can't understand how anyone can hurt a child in this way. All children are born innocent and should be protected, loved and cherrished they are a beautiful gift.

My heart just breaks for Jamie at every turn at any glimer of hope or chanced happiness it is dashed by his vile parents. Can this boy really endure any more at the the hands of pure evilness. The true heartbreak is that he believes
Rin
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shaking MAD

This is not an easy story to get through. I was shaking with tears. I read this because I care for the author who survived this abuse. If he has the courage to write about his life ,,then I feel I should honor him by reading . But it's not and easy task. I take a lot of breaks when I can't go on.

Forgiveness isn't for the abusers ,,,it's for the survivor. Some people ,,,when they leave this earth. Deserve to spend eternity in hell..
Lizzie Winns
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child-abuse, series
This book has left me all emotional, this child is being abused so much, that he is stating to like the feeling of the "Hurt" as he calls it... Its sad and he knows that he shouldn't be liking it... also he is becoming a cutter and now has OCD. Not to mention he has an imaginational friend and he swears his teddy bear can read his thoughts. Well on to the next book in the series.
Ethan Martin
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
so sad :(
Brenda
Jan 17, 2019
J.D. Stockholm
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lou

• Avoidance
  • The Long Escape
  • Picture Perfect
  • You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
  • The Ways (Diary of the Displaced, #3)
  • High Times & Rough Rides of a Bipolar Addict
  • The Children and the Wolves
  • Touching His Robe: Reaching Past the Shame and Anger of Abuse
  • Insider X
  • Sacrifice (Blue Plague, #3)
  • A Path to Utopia
  • Where The Dead Men Lie (Secret Apocalypse, #3)

Dear Teddy (4 books)
  • Dear Teddy
  • Telling Teddy
  • Goodbye Teddy
“Keep still,” my dad says and then he grabs my head and makes it be in the right place. I don’t cry about that. The tears is all gone and dried up. Maybe they dried up forever.” 0 likes