Start by marking “Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)

Shooting Scars

(The Artists Trilogy #2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  11,809 ratings  ·  1,521 reviews
The USA Today Bestseller!!
A Dangerous Kind of Love . . .
When Ellie Watt offered herself to her thuggish former lover Javier to save Camden's life, she never imagined the twisted game Javier had planned for her. Trapped by him and his entourage of killers, Ellie is forced to commit a dangerous, heinous crime-or Javier will kill Camden. Now ex-con artist Ellie must find a
Published August 20th 2013 by Grand Cen­tral Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shooting Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shooting Scars

·  11,809 ratings  ·  1,521 reviews

Start your review of Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
Karina Halle
Feb 06, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I haven't actually read it yet...I just wrote it in a flurry of energy drinks and Halo 4 and Bourne Supremacy soundtracks. But the first draft is done.

Yay. What a fucking ride.

I hope to read it once I have some space between me and the book and then me and the publishers can work on making it awesome...er.

*cough* Someone's about to go all Liam Neeson.
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
08/20/2013: LIVE ON AMAZON! --> http://amzn.to/1d1GlI4

5 (and probably more) Incredible, INK & BLOOD Stars

"She was mine. And I was hers. Until the bitter end."

description

When the scars scab over and over again, bleeding and oozing poison, no healing is possible. Shoot them away and grow a new body part healthy and whole. Become a new person, molded in the fire that shaped you but not burned. EStars
"Shehttp://amzn.to/1d1GlI4
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I'm really not going to bother saying what team I am on because it is pretty evident!!
Let's keep this short and sweet because I so do not want to ruin or give away any spoilers for this!

Holy Fcuking shit!!!
Let me just say that this was probably my most anticipated read of 2013 and it was Amazzzzzzzzzing!!!

Karina Halle, woman you are my hero!!!

Shooting Scars was everything I expected and then some....

Holy Fcuking shit!!!

Karina Halle, woman you are my hero!!!

Shooting Scars was everything I expected and then some....

Ill start of by saying that I KNEW that the minute Ellie got into that car with Javier that at some point the past was going to creep up on her!

And another thing...
I Loved Every Single Second of it!!

Holy freaken hotnesssssss!!!!

So... This book was just as exciting as the last book!
I felt as if I was watching a movie in my mind!!!

Ellie is with Javier- Camden comes to save her....
The journey is worth the RIDE!!!!!!

On to Camden... Yeah ill admit that I liked him A LOT but hey?!

Its always more fun loving the bad boy right?!

So for everyone who has been anxiously waiting for this book like I have, you WILL not be disappointed!!!!

I will be anxiously waiting for Bold Tricks and no doubt it will be amazzzzzzing as the previous books in this series!!!

And no matter what they say about you...Javier...

Lucia
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

Shooting Scars is raw, emotional and intense story. Emotions in this book hit me pretty hard and I was a mess when reading it. I was on the edge of my seat most of the time, feeling hopeful, feeling depressed, feeling all kinds of emotions. Perfect continutation to Sins & Needles!

I really like Ellie. So after her character transition in Sins & Needles I was extremely curious toclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
I
Emily May
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Do the words "sexy", "dark" and "twisted" pique your interest?
Do you secretly love romance but find yourself steering clear of it because of the cheese, the cliches and the recycled characters?
Have you been immersing yourself in the current New Adult trend only to keep meeting with disappointment after disappointment?
Do you wish you could read a book about a hot, sweet and complicated relationship (or two) without the usual misogyny or annoyances?

Well, have no fear, for Karina Hallclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Well,
Christy
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 PHENOMENAL STARS!!!!!

photo c3fd23ee-22f4-421f-b7ef-6a278ae1a50e_zps9d442f8c.jpg

After that crazy ending of Sins & Needles, I have been waiting and waiting to read Shooting Scars. It was well worth the wait. An intense, emotional, amazing read that will have your heart beating out of your chest just waiting to see what is going to happen next...

We have Ellie... at the end of Sins & Needles, Elli
Taryn

My Javier...

Almost 4 stars...

Scooting Scars is a book that both Javier and Camden fans are going to love! Some teams may even cross the tracks to the other side. But for me? I'm a through and through Javier fan. There is no swaying me. I know Javier is a ruthless son of a bitch bastard who would probably cut his own mothers throat if it helped him in the end. Believe me- I've heard it all. But...

Javier. Owns. Me. Plain and simple.

My Javier...

Almost 4 stars...

Javier. Owns. Me. Plain and simple.

I know... I'm sick, but screw you because I LOVED it and LOVED Javier! I got me some good old hot as sin latin lovin' in it too! I can't even begin to talk about Ellie and Javier's chemistry. It's crazy intense! THANK YOU LORD KARINA FOR THAT.

Shooting Scars continues exactly where Sins & Needles left off. And thank heaven for that! I'm not a huge fan of the going back and forth crap, I want the story to actually progress goddammit, not drag me by my hair over rocks and piss me off for it to only move like a week or so. Luckily, this one moved. Though not as fast as I would've preferred but I completely understand why it moved at the rate it did. So I really can't complain.

I knew I was going to see a side of Cam I'd never seen before. I knew there was a good possibility I could fall for him. I knew I was going to watch Cam fight and struggle for Ellie. I was prepared for it all, but what I wasn't prepared for was the little twists and secrets that came out! I honestly don't think many will even see what's lying underneath their nose if they don't pay attention carefully. But I did and I was like WHOAAAA!!! I cannot wait to see the final installment of this series. I can only imagine what will take place. Actually, I can't even imagine. Every time I do I'm just blown away by what happens, so I'll just have to wait.

I enjoyed this book much more than I thought I would truthfully. I wouldn't say it was a favorite in the series, but it definitely exceeded my expectations by a lot. A LOT. I know...you're probably like, what the hell is wrong with you? Well, like I said before, I'm Team Javier (obsessive much?) and since I knew this was from Cam's point of view, I was hesitant to read it. I really didn't care to read his point of view quite honestly, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

The only time I felt that Cam goes balls to the wall crazy was at the very end. I felt what he felt: the rage, the drive, the emotion and I was like, daaayyyuummmmm! But sadly it wasn't enough to win me. He just doesn't have the passion I need. Now if he could bring it in Bold Tricks... who knows? ;)

To Camden-

Once again, Karina Halle has lured me into a gritty world of loving lies and backstabbing romance. She writes the most alluring characters and one hell of a story line I've ever read. Her voice is lyrical and raw- and I can't get enough of it.

"That's All" Ash
 photo download1-14.jpg

This book murdered my heartbeat.
And taught my pulse how to dance.

Built with mindstorming characters, everyone’s the villain in this series.

Everyone.

Javier is a sociopathic killer.
Ellie’s a con-artist.
And Camden’s the guy who wants to kill the sociopath and steal the con-artist.

And I love it!

Javier

photo download3-10.jpg

Javier is…

A Russian roulette of a guy; and he’s absolutely my favorite because he’s uncatchable, inescapable, and menacingly sexy. At one point in this series, I truly believe he was in love with Ellie; but she betrayed him. And with a guy like Javier Bernal… when you betray him, it’s because you outsmarted him.

And thathim.
And
it!
Fathima
5 I-think-its-getting-hot-in-here Stars !!!

Ummm .... HOLY FUCK !!!!

My first reaction after reading Shooting Scars was something like this ....

photo react_zps4246456f.gif

I mean , man does Karina Halle know how to put a brake to her awesome story telling technique for an interval of sorts !!!

I usually begin my review with a quote , or more like my favorite quote from the book and damn it all to hell I couldn't
Stacia (the 2010 club)
"We evolved, Ellie," he whispered, sending shivers down my back. "And we'll keep evolving."

There we go. I threw in the obligatory "made her shiver" mention. The romance quota has been fulfilled. Moving on.

As always, I can't help but focus on random crap which no one else cares about - like the fact that SOMEONE GOT BLOWN UP WITH NON-DAIRY CREAMER.

Okay, maybe not quite blown up, but there was some burning invclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Okay,
Anna
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What do we have here ???????

Oh hell yesssss !! Finally....I felt like I waited forever for this installment of The Artist Trilogy...

So I go into this book 100% ....

TEAM CAMDEN MCQUEEN !!!

He made me feel safe, whether I was in his arms or at his side or just in his presence. For the first time, I had a protector.

Look at those eyes.....tall, black hair, tattoos, glasses. Like a hot muscly nerd. Did someone say nerd???
I freakin LOVE nerds especialeyes.....tall,....
TEAM
Lise *friends don't flag*
Ahh- JAVIER
description

Seven months, people- I have been waiting Seven. Long. Months. to read this book.
I was so wrapped up in the story of Ellie, Javier and Camden and was team Camden all through S&N, then KH had to make me switch teams with OES and destroyed me at the end of that novella…. now GAH…. I just don’t know.

Javier is leaner and meaner and so selfish and rutclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Seven
Catarina
5 Amazing cherry-blossom stars!!!

description

Okay… I need a minute here!! I need to get myself together in order to write this review.

No, on the other hand I basically just need to say only one thing: THIS WAS AWESOME!!!

description

So, basically after the cliffhanger in the first book (really, don’t keep reading this if you haven’t read the first one yet!!!), Ellie’s gone with Javier in order to save Camden.
But although Javier
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It had love, it had action, it had some hot Hot HOT sex scenes, it had guns, death, and blood. That equals one bad ass book!

Me when I found out Karina was giving me an ARC:

happy photo tumblr_inline_mjogarod6U1qz4rgp_zps78fbd145.gif

Me while reading:

Me when I realized it was over:
why photo tumblr_m8ro669bcV1qhk6l1_zps08e9f0e0.gif

Some of my favorite quotes:

"I had no past. There was only now."

"Such an angry little angel. Your wings are certainly dirty. They’re black."

"Revenge over love”

"You chose to be with me. Now own it."

"Love isn't about keeping score. or what one does for one person and what another person has to do in return."

" All for a girl. Bus she wasn't just any girl.
She was mine.

Raul:
go away photo tumblr_inline_mkr504YyRd1qz4rgp_zpsbacf200d.gif

Travis:
hate photo tumblr_mejwt5KTfO1rmzqg5o1_500_zpsd0cf1b15.gif

Even though Camden grew on me in this one part of me is still wants Ellie to wind up with Javier....
 photo photo_zps318fcf6e.png

I can't wait for Bold Tricks to come out! October can't come fast enough! Should you read this series?

absolutely photo tumblr_mggjkojtuu1rkb0m7o1_500_zps2e6e17bf.gif

ARC kindly provided by Ms. Karina Halle for an honest review because she is FUCKING AWESOME! :)
• Lisa •
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to • Lisa • by: Anna
Shelves: favourite-series
4 FULL ON STARS.

description

What a ride, after experiencing an all out different reading challenge with 'sins and needles' and a five star change of heart with 'on every street' I finally got my reading act together and finished this part two of the trilogy. Filled to the brim with twists, turns and shocks I find myself ready to complete the series and grab som
☆ Sammy ☆彡
ARC generously provided by the author, Karina Halle! Thank you soooooooo much!

As with any Karina Halle novel I have read, Shooting Scars deserves so much more than the measley five stars you can rate it. I read this book in one day, with very few interruptions, and when I wasn't able to read it, I could not stop thinking about it. IT IS THAT GOOD!

WARNING- THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SINS & NEEDLES! If you have not read the first book, I encourage you to stop here and go read it!

ARC generously provided by the author, Karina Halle! Thank you soooooooo much!

The first book Sins & Needles left Ellie Watt in quite a predicament. Her past and ex-boyfriend Javier caught up with her after having been on the run from him for over six years. Ellie had to make the decision between escaping with Camden, the love of her life, and continuing to live her life on the run with him; or protect Camden and his family by turning herself over to Javier. Ellie chose the selfless route and left with Javier.

"I have to live with my mistakes, but I don’t have to regret them. I regret my actions but I can’t regret the consequences. We all make our own paths in life. Everyone we meet, everything we do, it changes us. It makes us who we are. And, if we’re lucky, we’re given the chance to make things right again." (Sins & Needles)

Throughout Sins & Needles, we watched Ellie struggle to become a better person who doesn't have to live a life full of deceit and lies and she also had the desire to make up for the sins of her past. In Shooting Scars, Ellie is forced into reliving her past with Javier and in essence she must fight to continue on the path to becoming a good person instead of falling into her old ways and reverting back to the person she used to be.

Ellie: "How can you call me an angel when you think I'm no good?"
Javier: "There are fallen angels, too. Angels with dirty wings."

Javier's reasons for tracking Ellie down are not strictly personal though. He approaches her with a job that he feels will benefit them both. I don't want to spoil this for anyone so I am not going to go into details on what the job entails.

In Shooting Scars, you also get Camden's POV. He also has a decision to make. Does he move on from Ellie, the woman he loves, and start over with his ex-wife and son; or does he attempt the impossible and rescue Ellie?

"It made me realize that in saving her, I might lose myself, lose any morals or convictions I once had. Camden McQueen might end up a stranger to even me when it was all said and done."

This rescue mission will be very dangerous and will force Camden to do things that he would normally be repulsed by. It will cause him emotional turmoil and threaten to release the all consuming rage that is inside him. Thankfully, Camden has the help from from one of Ellie's old family friends. Will Camden be able to save Ellie before she is corrupted by Javier? You will have to read this novel to find out =D

Overall, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Shooting Scars. It completely surpassed all of my expectations! It was fast paced, full of action, and was totally unpredictable! You will not be able to put it down!

Team Camden or Team Javier?
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
description

As you can imagine, I was so excited that Karina Halle had given me another opportunity to have an arc for this action packed series. I would like to thank her because like so many readers, I’m totally addicted.

This story picks up exactly where Sins and Needles left off. Ellie has sacrificed herself to Javier for Camden’s ex-wife and son. I was under the impression that for six years Javier was hunting Ellie down and had just recently found her but looking back that was pretty naïve. Javier makes this
♥Rachel♥
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved Sins & Needles and On Every Street so the bar was set pretty high when I picked up Shooting Scars. It did NOT disappoint! Shooting Scars was just as riveting if not more so than the first books. Karina Halle’s writing was brilliant and addictive. Danger, simmering chemistry, twists and turns kept me glued to the pages. I read it in one day!

Shooting Scars picks up right where Sins & Needles left off. Camden and Ellie are on their own paths with the story in their alternating POVs. It was
Kayla at MyBookMuse
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars*
Wow...
Shooting Scars is intense. Gritty. Fucking insane. Buckle up kids, this is going to be a wild ride.
Full review to come in August.

Nenia ☠️ Hecka Wicked ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm a pretty happy garbage can right now because this was just the trash I needed to fill me up. Starting a second book is always hard because at that point, you, as a reader, already have some expectations about how the story and character development are going to go, and the temptation for some authors is to stall for time and use book 2 as a means to pad the story with filler. To its credit, SHOOTING SCARS doesn't do that - it jumps right in to the action.

The Artists Trilogy begins withaction.
The
Brenna
LIVE ON AMAZON! --> http://amzn.to/1d1GlI4

"I was being yanked in different directions and it was tearing me up inside."

That quote pretty perfectly sums up how I felt 99% of the time while reading this book. After months of letting it soak in and doing a reread… and I’m still having a hard time finding my words. This book did not disappoint one bit.

Sins & Needles ends with so much yet to be resolved. The amount of possibilities to where Shooting Scars would take Ellie, Javier, and Camden are limitless. I don’t wanthttp://amzn.to/1d1GlI4
Angela Richardson
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars ****

Have you seen my goodreads profile?? If you have then you would know CAMDEN MQUEEN is my favorite book boyfriend of all time
*YELLS TO THE GODS - FISTS IN THE AIR!!*
- OF. ALL. TIME -

MY CAMDEN

Screw billionaires, rock stars, bikers, blah blah blah...
Give me a goth type, soulful, artistic, tattooed, glasses wearing nerd, who is really a dark super-hero, ready to fucking risk his life for love - AND I WILL GET ON THAT! that is my type of guy!!! throu
~IreneOust~
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing

*** I've added bolded paragraphs to this review because I didn't think it was long enough [*kidding*] ... after I slept on it ...

WARNING: if you haven't read this book, this review may contain MINOR spoilers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yep ... this pretty much sums up a [big] part of the story ...

Not many books make me drink and chain smoke in the process ... this one definitely did! I started at the end of Sins & Needles and just couldn't stop! In true Javier fashion, it was teq...
Giselle
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebook
*Spoiler free for the series!*

I don't think I could ever tire of this series. Shooting Scars is an epic sequel and an impressively satisfying follow up to Sins & Needles, which I would have thought impossible.

Sins & Needles ended on an intense note that made the wait for this sequel brutally long. It felt like I'd been holding my breath ever since, and it was an amazing relief to finally be back into this world of scams and betrayals! In the voice of both Ellie and Camden, this book is thrilling through and thr
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Ellie's always been torn over who she really is and what she really is. Her disfigurement has brought her untold suffering and she has molded that into a deep hate with one final outcome. In pursuit of that outcome, she meets Javier and decides to take a chance, but he only proved she was wrong to do that and she lived with that for six years. Until she met back up with her high school friend, Camden. Even though they both hurt each other when they were young, there was still something there...s ...more
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

One helluva ride!

Holy. Freaking. Hell.

That's pretty much my default reaction to anything written by Karina Halle. Every book of hers that I have read has rocked my socks off, and Shooting Scars is no exception to that rule.

The story picks up right where book one (Sins and Needles) ended. Ellie has made the ultimate sacrifice and is now back in Javier's clutches, and Camden is left trying to pick up the shattered pieces of his life. Hap/>
Mags~CVAddikt~

"I want to break every part of you!" I exclaimed but gave up and collapsed on him. "I want you to break," I whispered, my head on his chest, my eyes focused absently on an orange tree.
"You have," he said softly, his hand stroking the back of my head. "I told you that you broke me when you left. And you did. I'm not lying to you."
"You always lie."
"Not now."

So ... the book starts where Sins & Needles ended. Javier has Ellie, and Camden has his son, ex-wife and a briefcase full of money.

But not everything is as it seems, and after some betrayal, bnow."tree.
"You
Didi
THE WAIT WAS KILLING ME. TORTURING ME.

I HAD DREAMS.VISIONS.DESIRES FOR JAVIER.

BUT NOW. NOW I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT, WHAT TEAM I'M ON:

CAMDEN.CAMDEN.CAMDEN.CAMDEN.CAMDEN!!!!

Shooting Scars, the second in the Artist's Trilogy was exactly what I wanted, expected and dreamed of. I LOVED it.

We literally pick up from where Sins&Needles left off. Ellie has left with Javier, seeing no other option in front of her and for once putting her wants
Alex is The Romance Fox
Shooting Scars, 2nd book in Karina Halle’s The Artist's Trilogy, continues the incredible story of a con artist, tattooed artist and a killer….
Ellie Watt, the con artist…
 photo Ellie20TAT_zpsoihmavap.jpg
Camden McQueen, small town local tattoe artist and guitar player, who has been in love with Ellie for many years…
 photo Camden20TAT_zpshdurkk9o.jpg
And then, there’s Javier….
 photo 2332a86588e5eb75cf2113310ce9c56a_zpsejhkofp0.jpg
A man from Ellie’s past. They have a history together – despite the way Ellie left Javier, he has always loved her in his own strange way…. weird how I could possible like a character like Javier…yes, he’s gorgeous, seJavier….years…
artist…
~ Becs ~

Win a copy of Sins & Needles at Sinfully Sexy today!

I was the angel of death, walking arm in arm with Lucifer.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts, you’re in for a bumpy ride! Wow!! This was fantastic – a breath-taking sequel to Sins & Needles – an absolute roller-coaster of a ride as we head from suburban California right into the dangerous and murky world of the drug-cartel ridden streets of Mexico. If you enjoyed Sins & Needles, I can, hand on heart, assure you that you are go
M/M +women = Trouble 1 3 Sep 23, 2018 05:09AM
A Million More Pages: 2 - Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy): Nov. 19 53 22 Jan 03, 2016 07:29AM
Buddy Read - Team Javier!!!!! 51 102 Sep 02, 2013 04:11AM
"And with madness...: Shooting Scars *SPOILER THREAD* 16 64 Sep 02, 2013 04:06AM
Gabriel's Inferno...: September challenge - Shooting Scars 4 32 Sep 01, 2013 04:02PM
Buddy Read Zone: Shooting Scars 8/20/13 1090 109 Aug 24, 2013 05:53AM

• The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • Unattainable (Undeniable, #3)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • Sempre (Sempre, #1)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #3)
  • Comfort Food
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more

The Artists Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
“Such an angry little angel. Your wings are certainly dirty. They’re black.”

“Like your heart.”
49 likes
“True love doesn't have a sick desperation to it, and undercurrent of doom. People who burn that brightly still get burned in the end.” 43 likes