Start by marking “Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)

Shooting Scars

(The Artists Trilogy #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  11,930 ratings  ·  1,520 reviews
The USA Today Bestseller!!
A Dangerous Kind of Love . . .
When Ellie Watt offered herself to her thuggish former lover Javier to save Camden's life, she never imagined the twisted game Javier had planned for her. Trapped by him and his entourage of killers, Ellie is forced to commit a dangerous, heinous crime-or Javier will kill Camden. Now ex-con artist Ellie must find a
Published August 20th 2013 by Grand Cen­tral Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shooting Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shooting Scars

·  11,930 ratings  ·  1,520 reviews

Start your review of Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
Karina Halle
Feb 06, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I haven't actually read it yet...I just wrote it in a flurry of energy drinks and Halo 4 and Bourne Supremacy soundtracks. But the first draft is done.

Yay. What a fucking ride.

I hope to read it once I have some space between me and the book and then me and the publishers can work on making it awesome...er.

*cough* Someone's about to go all Liam Neeson.
Georgia ♥
08/20/2013: LIVE ON AMAZON! --> http://amzn.to/1d1GlI4

5 (and probably more) Incredible, INK & BLOOD Stars

"She was mine. And I was hers. Until the bitter end."

description

When the scars scab over and over again, bleeding and oozing poison, no healing is possible. Shoot them away and grow a new body part healthy and whole. Become a new person, molded in the fire that shaped you but not burned. Embrace the memories and let them empower you. Don't become slave to addictions. Admit your feelings and screw
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

I'm really not going to bother saying what team I am on because it is pretty evident!!
Let's keep this short and sweet because I so do not want to ruin or give away any spoilers for this!

Holy Fcuking shit!!!
Let me just say that this was probably my most anticipated read of 2013 and it was Amazzzzzzzzzing!!!

Karina Halle, woman you are my hero!!!

Shooting Scars was everything I expected and then some....

Ill start of by saying that I KNEW that the minute Ellie got into that car with Javier that at
Lucia
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

Shooting Scars is raw, emotional and intense story. Emotions in this book hit me pretty hard and I was a mess when reading it. I was on the edge of my seat most of the time, feeling hopeful, feeling depressed, feeling all kinds of emotions. Perfect continutation to Sins & Needles!

I really like Ellie. So after her character transition in Sins & Needles I was extremely curious to see what would happen with her in this sequel. Will she be able to get over her past or will she give in? I was
Emily May
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Do the words "sexy", "dark" and "twisted" pique your interest?
Do you secretly love romance but find yourself steering clear of it because of the cheese, the cliches and the recycled characters?
Have you been immersing yourself in the current New Adult trend only to keep meeting with disappointment after disappointment?
Do you wish you could read a book about a hot, sweet and complicated relationship (or two) without the usual misogyny or annoyances?

Well, have no fear, for Karina Halle is here.
I
Christy
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 PHENOMENAL STARS!!!!!

photo c3fd23ee-22f4-421f-b7ef-6a278ae1a50e_zps9d442f8c.jpg

After that crazy ending of Sins & Needles, I have been waiting and waiting to read Shooting Scars. It was well worth the wait. An intense, emotional, amazing read that will have your heart beating out of your chest just waiting to see what is going to happen next...

We have Ellie... at the end of Sins & Needles, Ellie had a huge decision to make. She chooses. Its a sacrifice she is willing to make. (view spoiler)
"That's All" Ash
 photo download1-14.jpg

This book murdered my heartbeat.
And taught my pulse how to dance.

Built with mindstorming characters, everyones the villain in this series.

Everyone.

Javier is a sociopathic killer.
Ellies a con-artist.
And Camdens the guy who wants to kill the sociopath and steal the con-artist.

And I love it!

Javier

photo download3-10.jpg

Javier is

A Russian roulette of a guy; and hes absolutely my favorite because hes uncatchable, inescapable, and menacingly sexy. At one point in this series, I truly believe he was in love with Ellie;
Fathima
5 I-think-its-getting-hot-in-here Stars !!!

Ummm .... HOLY FUCK !!!!

My first reaction after reading Shooting Scars was something like this ....

photo react_zps4246456f.gif

I mean , man does Karina Halle know how to put a brake to her awesome story telling technique for an interval of sorts !!!

I usually begin my review with a quote , or more like my favorite quote from the book and damn it all to hell I couldn't decide what my favorite quote was , so I'll just use this ...

You always have a choice, Ellie. Always. This
Stacia (the 2010 club)
"We evolved, Ellie," he whispered, sending shivers down my back. "And we'll keep evolving."

There we go. I threw in the obligatory "made her shiver" mention. The romance quota has been fulfilled. Moving on.

As always, I can't help but focus on random crap which no one else cares about - like the fact that SOMEONE GOT BLOWN UP WITH NON-DAIRY CREAMER.

Okay, maybe not quite blown up, but there was some burning involved. At least I didn't put in the gif of someone walking away from an explosion.
Anna
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What do we have here ???????

Oh hell yesssss !! Finally....I felt like I waited forever for this installment of The Artist Trilogy...

So I go into this book 100% ....

TEAM CAMDEN MCQUEEN !!!

He made me feel safe, whether I was in his arms or at his side or just in his presence. For the first time, I had a protector.

Look at those eyes.....tall, black hair, tattoos, glasses. Like a hot muscly nerd. Did someone say nerd???
I freakin LOVE nerds especially ones with a heart of gold and have the
Lise *friends don't flag*
Ahh- JAVIER
description

Seven months, people- I have been waiting Seven. Long. Months. to read this book.
I was so wrapped up in the story of Ellie, Javier and Camden and was team Camden all through S&N, then KH had to make me switch teams with OES and destroyed me at the end of that novella. now GAH. I just dont know.

Javier is leaner and meaner and so selfish and ruthless, but still so focused and confident and yes, still so sexy-

Tell me youre mine, he grunted, mouth at my ear, tongue flicking my lobe.
Catarina
5 Amazing cherry-blossom stars!!!

description

Okay I need a minute here!! I need to get myself together in order to write this review.

No, on the other hand I basically just need to say only one thing: THIS WAS AWESOME!!!

description

So, basically after the cliffhanger in the first book (really, dont keep reading this if you havent read the first one yet!!!), Ellies gone with Javier in order to save Camden.
But although Javier has is own sick plans and isnt done with Ellie, Camden is set on finding her and give her the
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It had love, it had action, it had some hot Hot HOT sex scenes, it had guns, death, and blood. That equals one bad ass book!

Me when I found out Karina was giving me an ARC:
happy photo tumblr_inline_mjogarod6U1qz4rgp_zps78fbd145.gif

Me while reading:

Me when I realized it was over:
why photo tumblr_m8ro669bcV1qhk6l1_zps08e9f0e0.gif

Some of my favorite quotes:

"I had no past. There was only now."

"Such an angry little angel. Your wings are certainly dirty. Theyre black."

"Revenge over love

"You chose to be with me. Now own it."

"Love isn't about keeping score. or what one does for one
• Lisa •
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to • Lisa • by: Anna
Shelves: favourite-series
4 FULL ON STARS.

description

What a ride, after experiencing an all out different reading challenge with 'sins and needles' and a five star change of heart with 'on every street' I finally got my reading act together and finished this part two of the trilogy. Filled to the brim with twists, turns and shocks I find myself ready to complete the series and grab some answers from book three, but before that here are my 'shooting scars' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Ellie Watts con woman and mixed up
☆ Sammy ☆彡
ARC generously provided by the author, Karina Halle! Thank you soooooooo much!

As with any Karina Halle novel I have read, Shooting Scars deserves so much more than the measley five stars you can rate it. I read this book in one day, with very few interruptions, and when I wasn't able to read it, I could not stop thinking about it. IT IS THAT GOOD!

WARNING- THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SINS & NEEDLES! If you have not read the first book, I encourage you to stop here and go read it!

The
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
description

As you can imagine, I was so excited that Karina Halle had given me another opportunity to have an arc for this action packed series. I would like to thank her because like so many readers, Im totally addicted.

This story picks up exactly where Sins and Needles left off. Ellie has sacrificed herself to Javier for Camdens ex-wife and son. I was under the impression that for six years Javier was hunting Ellie down and had just recently found her but looking back that was pretty naïve. Javier makes
♥Rachel♥
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved Sins & Needles and On Every Street so the bar was set pretty high when I picked up Shooting Scars. It did NOT disappoint! Shooting Scars was just as riveting if not more so than the first books. Karina Halles writing was brilliant and addictive. Danger, simmering chemistry, twists and turns kept me glued to the pages. I read it in one day!

Shooting Scars picks up right where Sins & Needles left off. Camden and Ellie are on their own paths with the story in their alternating POVs.
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm a pretty happy garbage can right now because this was just the trash I needed to fill me up. Starting a second book is always hard because at that point, you, as a reader, already have some expectations about how the story and character development are going to go, and the temptation for some authors is to stall for time and use book 2 as a means to pad the story with filler. To its credit, SHOOTING SCARS doesn't do that - it jumps
Brenna
LIVE ON AMAZON! --> http://amzn.to/1d1GlI4

"I was being yanked in different directions and it was tearing me up inside."

That quote pretty perfectly sums up how I felt 99% of the time while reading this book. After months of letting it soak in and doing a reread and Im still having a hard time finding my words. This book did not disappoint one bit.

Sins & Needles ends with so much yet to be resolved. The amount of possibilities to where Shooting Scars would take Ellie, Javier, and Camden
Kayla at MyBookMuse
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 stars*
Wow...
Shooting Scars is intense. Gritty. Fucking insane. Buckle up kids, this is going to be a wild ride.
Full review to come in August.

Angela Richardson
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars ****

Have you seen my goodreads profile?? If you have then you would know CAMDEN MQUEEN is my favorite book boyfriend of all time
*YELLS TO THE GODS - FISTS IN THE AIR!!*
- OF. ALL. TIME -

MY CAMDEN

Screw billionaires, rock stars, bikers, blah blah blah...
Give me a goth type, soulful, artistic, tattooed, glasses wearing nerd, who is really a dark super-hero, ready to fucking risk his life for love - AND I WILL GET ON THAT! that is my type of guy!!! through and through!! that's my
~IreneOust~
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing

*** I've added bolded paragraphs to this review because I didn't think it was long enough [*kidding*] ... after I slept on it ...

WARNING: if you haven't read this book, this review may contain MINOR spoilers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yep ... this pretty much sums up a [big] part of the story ...

Not many books make me drink and chain smoke in the process ... this one definitely did! I started at the end of Sins & Needles and just couldn't stop! In true Javier fashion, it was tequila with "no lime or salt because
Giselle
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebook
*Spoiler free for the series!*

I don't think I could ever tire of this series. Shooting Scars is an epic sequel and an impressively satisfying follow up to Sins & Needles, which I would have thought impossible.

Sins & Needles ended on an intense note that made the wait for this sequel brutally long. It felt like I'd been holding my breath ever since, and it was an amazing relief to finally be back into this world of scams and betrayals! In the voice of both Ellie and Camden, this book is
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Ellie's always been torn over who she really is and what she really is. Her disfigurement has brought her untold suffering and she has molded that into a deep hate with one final outcome. In pursuit of that outcome, she meets Javier and decides to take a chance, but he only proved she was wrong to do that and she lived with that for six years. Until she met back up with her high school friend, Camden. Even though they both hurt each other when they were young, there was still something ...more
JB
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

One helluva ride!

Holy. Freaking. Hell.

That's pretty much my default reaction to anything written by Karina Halle. Every book of hers that I have read has rocked my socks off, and Shooting Scars is no exception to that rule.

The story picks up right where book one (Sins and Needles) ended. Ellie has made the ultimate sacrifice and is now back in Javier's clutches, and Camden is left trying to pick up the shattered pieces of his life.
Mags~CVAddikt~

"I want to break every part of you!" I exclaimed but gave up and collapsed on him. "I want you to break," I whispered, my head on his chest, my eyes focused absently on an orange tree.
"You have," he said softly, his hand stroking the back of my head. "I told you that you broke me when you left. And you did. I'm not lying to you."
"You always lie."
"Not now."

So ... the book starts where Sins & Needles ended. Javier has Ellie, and Camden has his son, ex-wife and a briefcase full of money.

Didi
THE WAIT WAS KILLING ME. TORTURING ME.

I HAD DREAMS.VISIONS.DESIRES FOR JAVIER.

BUT NOW. NOW I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT, WHAT TEAM I'M ON:

CAMDEN.CAMDEN.CAMDEN.CAMDEN.CAMDEN!!!!

Shooting Scars, the second in the Artist's Trilogy was exactly what I wanted, expected and dreamed of. I LOVED it.

We literally pick up from where Sins&Needles left off. Ellie has left with Javier, seeing no other option in front of her and for once putting her wants and needs behind those of the man she leaves behind. The
~ Becs ~

Win a copy of Sins & Needles at Sinfully Sexy today!

I was the angel of death, walking arm in arm with Lucifer.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts, youre in for a bumpy ride! Wow!! This was fantastic a breath-taking sequel to Sins & Needles an absolute roller-coaster of a ride as we head from suburban California right into the dangerous and murky world of the drug-cartel ridden streets of Mexico. If you enjoyed Sins & Needles, I can, hand on heart, assure you that
Natasha is a Book Junkie

I was rage and I was wrath and I was twenty-six years of hell.

I have one piece of advice for you before you start reading this book: fasten your seat belts!! There is not one second you wont feel the awesome full-body sensation of the roller-coaster ride this next instalment in The Artists Trilogy will take you on the butterflies, the stomach drops, the exhilaration and the skipped heartbeats. This is one adrenaline rush you will quickly become addicted to. And you wont want to come off it.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Shooting Scars, 2nd book in Karina Halles The Artist's Trilogy, continues the incredible story of a con artist, tattooed artist and a killer.
Ellie Watt, the con artist
 photo Ellie20TAT_zpsoihmavap.jpg
Camden McQueen, small town local tattoe artist and guitar player, who has been in love with Ellie for many years
 photo Camden20TAT_zpshdurkk9o.jpg
And then, theres Javier.
 photo 2332a86588e5eb75cf2113310ce9c56a_zpsejhkofp0.jpg
A man from Ellies past. They have a history together despite the way Ellie left Javier, he has always loved her in his own strange way. weird how I could possible like a character like
M/M +women = Trouble 1 3 Sep 23, 2018 05:09AM
A Million More Pages: This topic has been closed to new comments. 2 - Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy): Nov. 19 53 23 Jan 03, 2016 07:29AM
Buddy Read - Team Javier!!!!! 51 102 Sep 02, 2013 04:11AM
"And with madness...: Shooting Scars *SPOILER THREAD* 16 64 Sep 02, 2013 04:06AM
Gabriel's Inferno...: September challenge - Shooting Scars 4 32 Sep 01, 2013 04:02PM
Buddy Read Zone: Shooting Scars 8/20/13 1090 109 Aug 24, 2013 05:53AM

• Summer Skin
  • Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)
  • Unteachable
  • You Against Me
  • Unravel (Fairfax, #1)
  • The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • Fall for Anything
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • Coming Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Breaking Out (The Surrender Trilogy, #2)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Extinguish (Extinguish, #1)
  • Hard Time
Karina Halle is a screenwriter, a former music & travel journalist, and the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of The Pact, A Nordic King, and Sins & Needles, as well as sixty other wild and romantic reads.

She, her musician husband, and their adopted pit bull, Bruce, live in a rainforest on an island off the coast of British Columbia, where they operate

The Artists Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)