Start by marking “Perfect Lie” as Want to Read:
Perfect Lie

Perfect Lie

That’s why Brock and I never had a chance. I had to start my life over. College was my chance to become someone new. I changed everything about myself to fit in, but one person saw through my facade.
The attraction between Abel and I was undeniable, but I still hadn’t healed from the painful s
Published December 17th 2013

Christy
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 WTF stars!

photo cec86b9c-71c6-4bef-bff2-7648e43de220_zps333a03a9.jpg

I’ve been thinking about this book ever since I finished it... I had to re-read the ending about 5 times, but now that I’ve thought about it all day, I get it. It’s still just, wow. My review will be spoiler free, and I think it’s important if you’re going to read this book you don’t look at any of the spoilers. The twist at the end is one I don’t think anyone would see coming and you don’t want it to be ruined for you.

Meet Delilah aka Lie...
“I’m Delilah, the mistake.”

photo 275d4ca9-7b12-4a70-9baa-09f37c562ed6_zps0bb8738c.jpg

Lie’s bigg
Mo
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well that was different. Agree with other reviewers. Do not read reviews with Spoilers before reading the book. You are better off going in blind. Saw one bit coming but did not see the other major part coming at all. Not sure why it was not more than 3 stars for me…. That’s all I have say on the matter!

Brenna
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

Perfect Lie really caught me off guard. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did. I am still wrapping my head around everything that happened.

Delilah (Lie) has grown up feeling like she was nothing, worthless, unwanted. She was lonely, bullied, and friendless all her life. On top of that, she is the product of a rape, making her mother hate her and want nothing to do with her.
“Why can’t you just love me? What did I ever do to you?”
“You were born.”

So she doesn’t have to deal with
Jen
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay so I jumped on this right away to find out what all the talk was about. My reaction once I finished was

Overall I liked the book, but I'm still a bit shocked by the ending. I did not see that coming at all. I agree that you should avoid all spoilers and just read it if you are interested. I think I need a nice, sweet romantic book now.
Michelle
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 soul-shattering-I-want-my-mommy stars

I highly recommend that if you are interested in this book that you try to stay away from reviews and definitely avoid spoilers at all costs. The experience of this book would be completely lost knowing too much about this book.

I will as vague as possible, but this has to be one of the hardest reviews I’ve had to write. There are so many lingering emotions still just beneath the surface that are trying to escape.

Delilah, or Lie, is escaping her past. Blen
Mallory
2 stars

What did I just read?

I just did not get this book. I liked Lie, but the other characters just didn't do it for me. Abel was all over the place, and I can't drum up any actual feelings for him. I truly didn't like him. And her friend Trish? Bitch and a half, and not even an ounce of likability there either. As for Brock, he may have been the only part of the book that I felt any true emotions for.

The twist was definitely out of left field. I did not see it going there. However, it felt alm
SammiesBookBlog
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? this book deserves more than 5 stars. Probably at least 20. It deserves to be made into a movie, a standing ovation, the works! I am blown away and floored by the end of this book! it has the BIGGEST mind f*** ever! pay close attention to this story my friends! I would of NEVER in a million years guessed what happened. I am speechless. This is probably the best book of 2013. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! Lie is a funny girl that is so broken and she is just trying to put the piec ...more
Lara Song
Dec 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't get it. Like completely over my head WTF was the point? That was truly a horrible, pointless story. Not a single thing was explained. Delilah was a tragic piece of work. People like that shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets alone. Abel was horrible. If I understand his "job" correctly, it just didn't fit. Torturing insane people isn't helping anyone. Nothing here fit. I still don't get Brock's purpose. I felt no love anywhere. Perhaps my copy was missing about 20 chapters between th ...more
P๏€cɨℓią* ~SLiTsRead
Please don't let my average rating deter you. Yes, it's beautifully written and yes, it is very unique. It just isn't my cup of tea.

It started out slow, really really slow. Nothing much happened till about 80%. I hated to be left in the dark for so long. There were so many flashbacks between Brock and Lie but never the whole story. I felt like yelling "C'mon! Just give it to me now!" many times.

Character wise I really disliked Abel at first, of his seemingly playboy lifestyle. But, the ending ma
*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
4 I'm still in a Daze Stars

I had no idea what was in this book. No idea. I had not read any spoilers and went in blind. I had a couple of predictions but none of them were true. I absolutely don't even know how to write a review without giving away crucial pointers. Ms. Mummert took an incredibly difficult content and twisted it into an amazing novel.

I have to be honest and say that as a reading teacher, even I didn't catch the clues. Not a one. I did not know what the ending even meant and h
Mara
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

***NO SPOILER REVIEW!***

I have to say, I loved Perfect Lie! It probably is my favorite novel by Teresa Mummert. The characters are so well-developed and intricate. There is so many things that I missed the first time I read it that when I went back through, stood out to me the 2nd time. It is a novel you could read a few times over and pick up on new items you didn't think was important before!

The endi
Ashleigh
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
maybe its just me but I just didn't get the ending! the heroine drove me insane I almost quit many times but I wanted to know what the hell happened to brock and were the hell he was lol. Just didn't do it for me the writing was great though just didn't like the story line 2.5 confused stars
♥ Sarah
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
But for the ending, I would've rated this book 4 or 5 stars.
description
I'm a dialogue junkie. And this book had golden nuggets of straight-awesome dialogue. The chemistry b/w Abel & Delilah ("Lie") was so raw and electric. I was drawn to the mystery of Lie's past with Brock. Her flashbacks were intriguing and kept me guessing all throughout. The build-up was intense and noteworthy. There's no denying that Mummert can write.

But that ending. Ugh.

I had to reread that ending FIVE times. That's just crazy.
❤️Melanie
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am in utter shock right now. Where to begin...

Lie (as she wants to be called) is a broken, unwanted, bullied and on the run from her own life. Brock is the love of her life but has left her broken and alone.

Abel is trying to move on from his own tragic past. They come together by was of Lie's psycho bitch of a roommate, Trish.

The banter between Lie & Abel is witty, fun, honest and heartbreaking. They struggle between friendship and feelings for each other. They fight each other due to the
Reanell Tisdale
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just WOW! That ending totally surprised me. And confused me....

Review to come!
Katie(babs)
Dec 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
This story and the characters grated on my nerves. The heroine (nicknamed Lie) is the type you want to smack because she can't get over the horrible life she has been dealt. She's the product of rape, and because of that she is a consent mess. I don't know how she gets into college, which isn't really explained because she has no money, although it appears she has enough to spend on drugs and alcohol. I can't understand how she even graduated high school. She acts out, but it's more like a spoil ...more
Athena
4 That's some cleaver shit stars!!!!

This was me when I got done reading this book...
Oh gif photo: Burt face LOL tumblr_ljk6x54dow1qc5zl2.gif

And then I was like...
Oh gif photo: Oh oh tumblr_m08arheBvf1r7dltp.gif

I need to go back and re-read the last chapter just so I could clearly understand what the hell just happened!

Well, after re-reading the last chapter again I was like,
Wow photo: tumblr_lnc5knNgUL1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

"That is some crazy shit, but what a great twist on a story!"

That's all I'm giving you folks! You'll have to read this for yourself to understand what I'm talking about, but trust me, it will be worth it! I'm just sorry I
Diane
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I received this ARC in exchange for a fair and unbiased opinion. That being said...here is my review: This book hands down deserves a 5 star rating (would be more if possible)!! For avid readers such as myself, more often than not we can easily predict what path the story is leading us down. OH SO NOT TRUE with this book! Just when I was comfortable with where the plot was headed in this story, it would be like WHAM! - SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! - NO, THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!! This book was amazing, ...more
Jenni.chindavanhgmail.com
Y'all know my reviews are always vague cause they are always spoil free...and this one will be the same! The love story is an original that we are all familiar with but my gahhhhhhh!!!!! The ending is the perfect definition of what a mindfuck is! I had to read it over and over to make sure I was following exactly how it was being played out. That, folks, is why I have it 5✨
Lustful Literature
**CHRISTINA'S REVIEW**

As I sit here trying to come to terms with what I just read, I am in awe over the ability of Teresa Mummert to write a book like this. This book takes us through the story of Delilah. A college girl trying to start fresh. Wanting to build a new life, to become someone other than herself. A person who she felt was unloved and unworthy.

“Worthless. It wasn’t that I viewed my tears as a weakness; it was that I knew what they’d said was true. I was a nothing. No one looked forw
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

This book is a tough book to review. Because it really is more of an experience than a story. There were times I didn't know if I hated the book or loved the book. In the end I was blown away with the....Holy Shit didn't see that coming at all.

Reading this book is like watching the movie Fight Club and once its done you question every aspect of what you just read. Now that I know the ending I will be re-reading this to see it in a different light.

I like
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review. Spoiler-free review. 4.75.- 5.00 stars.

How can I review this book without spoiling it? Hmmm… I am not going to regurgitate the synopsis and try and let you guess what this book is about. I don’t think I could do it justice. I am not going to ruin this book for you. All I can say is this is a story about a girl who wasn’t meant to be…, the boy she fell in love with and the boy who brings some light into her dark and depre
susan boulduc
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of Perfect Lie. I was so sucked into this book from the beginning that I read it in one night. The title Perfect Lie fits the story so well, Delilah has lived a rough life and tries to start over as someone else, giving herself the nickname Lie, which fits so well as her life is a lie! Once a quiet loner who is bullied all through high school, she goes away college, hanging with the "cool" crowd, drinking drugs and partying, in an attempt to fit in. But she eventually will have ...more
sue
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, yes yes! This book has everything in it. I loved it.

Someone told me NOT to read others reviews or it would spoil it for me, so I didn't.

I saw a couple of clues in this book, but not the one where he said "not to go to school today" as this was of paramount importance!

The book had me hooked, I had to read this in one sitting, thank goodness I didn't have many interruptions today as I'd have been in a sulk!

Teresa Mummert has written an outstanding book, I cannot rave about this enough, you m
Suzy
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before I started Perfect Lie I messaged my bff and said;

I kinda get nervous starting Teresa Mummert books cause they always go in a completely different direction than you expect! LOL!

Perfect Lie was a classic example of Ms Mummert at work :-)
I did not see the twist!! It was brilliantly executed, a work of genius!!
When you go to read this book, don't bother reading reviews..go in blind and really get into the story. Pay close attention, that's all I'm going to say. Enjoy!
Anne OK
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-reads
Whoa! I never expected this and if I had, I never would have started this one. Not bad writing or characterization or anything negative about the actual presentation -- just not for me. I feel a little cheated that you don't get some warning as to how "different" this story really is. But I guess in all honesty, that would definitely spoil the shock value of the entire book. It is definitely one crazy trip that didn't particularly satisfy any of my reading requirements. I'm sure there are many r ...more
VJ
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Wow...great book! Could not put it down, 5++++ Stars book! Teresa Mummert never ceases to amaze me. Her books get better and better. This one was awesome. The ending was a total mind-blowing explosion of WTF followed by...sweet awesome , and then Perfect... Perfect Lie. Title is so fitting...GAH! I am re-reading it, feel a book hangover coming on. Thank you Teresa!
By The Way ...everyone should read this one.
Dayle
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whatever you do... DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT read the reviews. Some contain some major spoilers and luckily I went with my gut and just read the book. Wow!!! Just wow! That was crazy. I did pick up on some things but ill have to admit, I was shocked. Nothing really ever shocks me. Good job Teresa!
Veronica Franco
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when i put this book in my TBR shelf i didnt put atention in the description tags... so when i read it i was NOT expecting te END.... i was like WTF.... and i had to go back a little but omg this book is soo good that is Bad....
Kelly
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! WTF!!!!

What an amazing book was not expecting that had to re-read the epilogue twice thought I had missed something.

A totally unexpected, unpredictable 5 stars ++++++ read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
SPOILERS! 1 101 Dec 29, 2013 12:41PM
Confused - Spoilers 2 66 Dec 26, 2013 09:28AM
What just happened?! Seriously! 2 54 Dec 23, 2013 11:42AM

• Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Avowed (Manipulation Trilogy, Corrupted, #3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • A Graceful Mess
  • In Too Deep (In Too Deep, #1)
  • Chasing Dare (First Wave, #3)
  • Drifting into Darkness (Drifting, #1)
  • April Fools (April, #2)
  • Broken Truth (Broken Hearts, #1)
  • Blue Ice (Ice #1)
  • Here for You
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
  • Third Charm (Run to You, #3)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Do Not Go Gentle
  • No Reverse (Second Chances, #1)
  • Save Me from Me (Timing is Everything, #3)
TERESA MUMMERT grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania where she began dating her husband when they were only sixteen years old. They married at eighteen and soon moved around the United States as her husband began his military career. They are the proud parents of four children.
Teresa began writing when her husband was deployed to Afghanistan as a way to cope with him being away at war. She soon
“Sometimes love burns so hot in your veins that it consumes all rational thought. You become a walking shell that can no longer function without your significant other whispering into your soul, telling your heart to beat.” 7 likes
“Your home is your jail, Bird. I’m going to set you free.” 6 likes