Start by marking “Anne of the Island / Anne's House of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Anne of the Island / Anne's House of Dreams

Anne of the Island / Anne's House of Dreams

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  141 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
More of literature's finest works -- completely unabridged. Irresistible prices make these books great for any classics library!
Published July 1st 1999 by Running Press Book Publishers (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Anne of the Island / Anne's House of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne of the Island / Anne's House of Dreams

Gretchen
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite of all the Anne books. Reminds of my college days!
Anne Borrowdale
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
As with Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea, I have been listening to these as audiobooks in the middle of the night. I love hearing the lyrical descriptions of the countryside, and in House of Dreams, the beautiful portraits of the sea.
They are more sombre stories than the earlier books, with characters dying and Anne losing her first child at birth. I have discovered that these are not the anodyne children's books I imagined.
I have just reached the end of the final book and am left with the
Tiffany
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Tiffany by: Anne Shirley, of course
I have a review of a separate copy of ANNE OF THE ISLAND, but this is my only copy of ANNE'S HOUSE OF DREAMS, so I will just review that. I loved, as always, more of Anne's story, and the beginning of her married life at Four Winds Harbour. Having read Anne at an older age when I myself was older, I love them equally as I did the young Anne when I was young. When I was young, I wasn't so interested in reading about Anne getting married, and having a grown-up life, but I appreciate her growing ol ...more
Linda
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: l-m-montgomery
Wonderful book. One of my favorites of the "Anne series". The characters had many of the winning qualities that we expect from LMM's characters but were just a bit more enjoyable this time. Cornelia Bryant's comments and observations were so funny. On the other hand, Captain Jim brought tears to my eyes as Matthew's passing again. Descriptive passages were like poetry and I could almost vuisualize the harbour and the red cliffs. This was at least my 4th reading of this book and it gives more ple ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is actually one of my favorite books in this series, and I am forever bitter that they mangled the movie version of it so badly. Montgomery is so good at writing real people, quirky crazy people that could still believably live next door. And, despite what most of the writing professors I have had may say, characters do not have do be sick and disturbed or spend 200+ pages doing horrible things to one another in order for them to be interesting.
Natalie Little
May 25, 2014
Melissa
Apr 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908.

The author of the famous Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, was born at Clifton, Prince Edward Island, Nov. 30, 1874. She came to live at Leaskdale, north of Uxbridge Ontario, in 1911 after her wedding with Rev. Ewen Macdonald on July 11, 1911
More about L.M. Montgomery