Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 11” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 11

Skip Beat!, Vol. 11 (Skip Beat! #11)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  4,932 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
There's trouble on the Tsukimori set, and surprisingly it's not Kyoko's fault. Ren is having difficulty acting the part of a love-struck suitor since he's never really been in love before. Stressed by his sudden acting impotence, Ren goes MIA. Kyoko is determined to help her friend, and joins forces with Ren's manager. But as Ren sees the two of them getting close, he real ...more
Published March 4th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 11

Sara
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: manga, humor, shoujo
(Still not beyond the content covered in the LA but luckily...) I think the whole Tsukigomori/Dark Moon arc is verrrryyy good. Both Ren and Kyoko come to some important realizations during this arc and also make big strides towards improving their acting.
In this volume, Ren continues to struggle with his portrayal of Katsuki while Kyoko seeks to help him and Yashiro Yukihito seeks to push them together. kekeke (I'm on his team)

Ren returns to Bou's Couch for another therapy session.
More Therapy with Chicken
And... some
GuisBell
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lo-mejor
Por fin, por fin!!!!! se dio cuenta que está enamorado, que emoción <3 <3 <3 .

Alois
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is the longest i took on a skip beat volume! lol anywho it was a truly interesting volume.
Samantha
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This volume really shows light on Kyoko and her acting talent. I really loved all the praises she received. She's really such a selfless person. She even blindly puts other people before herself. For example, Ren is struggling with find his character for the drama. He falls into such a pit, I was so sad for him.
Kyoko comes along and really works hard to help him.

*MY FEELINGS FOR THESE TWO!!!!*

It displays how Ren isn't as perfect as everyone thinks he is. He is conflicted and complicated. He wea
Ashley Chen
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-or-manga
OMGGG REN IS HAVING TROUBLE! Yup it is because of the whole girl thing. I never really "fell" for anyone. WOOOOOWW! I drug are you taking, can I have some? I fall for guys like ever other minute! If I ever have more fictional boyfriends (which I will), I think I will drown in them. Okay yup, back to the story.

I love chicken Kyoko. First, it is funny, second, we get to see the other side of Ren. We seem to be able to discover Ren and have his character develop even more. The conversation might se
Shaked
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
So this volume was dedicated to Ren realizing his feelings towards Kyoko. Now, I really do like Ren and I do think he and Kyoko should be together (of course at a much farther point in the story), but I had a problem with this volume. It was good, it really was (every volume in the series was good so far) but I really wanted to know more about Ren’s past. I know Nakamura avoided the topic on purpose, but I still thought that at least some of it should have been revealed this volume. I mean why w ...more
Caro
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
La adaptación del manga hacia el anime en verdad fue muuy buena, este tomo fue prácticamente igual al último capítulo que emitieron en la tv.
Al principio, me costó un poco adaptarme a el cambio de dibujo en los personajes; las extremidades aquí son más largas, los rasgos faciales son más detallados, pero no es gran cosa una vez te acostumbras al estilo de la mangaka.
Quiero continuar la serie (me encantaría que hubiera acabado para así no tener que quedar con la intriga una vez esté al día).
Samantha Bustos-Hubeny
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Getting a little slow now that I know where this is going to go. I mean I like it still, but it's in that annoying point where there isn't anything happening but the one thing that isn't happening... I prefer for love to develop in the background and not be the main focus. That's only really been an issue in this volume I feel, though.
Glaiza Champion
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EEEEEEEE.

Ren and Kyoko are so dense! There are ton of volumes so I don't think this will-they won't-they thing won't end any time soon and as much as I usually don't enjoy that but maaaan, I can't get enough of these two.
Mel
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
this arc.... so good.... I am totally a Kyoko/Ren shipper! Sho can die in a toilet fire
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume
Vena Isabella
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
😍
Katie
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

I’m continuing with my Skip Beat reviews. As I’m looking right now I‘ll be making quite a lot of reviews, as I do not want to omit a lot. But let me begin, as today I will have 2 other characters that I will be discussing. But like previous time let me make a small list, so you know what this review will cover:

· Kanae having a crisis at work?
· A major work for Kyoko?
· Ren Tsuruga is having difficulties?

First of all, meet Kanae Kotonami or Moko-san as Kyoko calls h
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kyoko to the rescue yet again! It's Ren's turn to struggle in acting. We discovered briefly in Volume 9 that Ren has never fallen for a girl. Therefore, he's unable to emotionally connect to the role of a starcrossed lover, a guy who shouldn't fall for a girl but can't help himself. Ren is paralyzed and walks off the set in defeat.

This theme does make me role my eyes a bit. It's such an overplayed role - unbelievably handsome, perfect guy has never fallen for anyone until he meets this plain, no
Sheilalalalala
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, shoujo
Penny
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read, manga
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Lid
Sep 11, 2016 added it
Shelves: manga
*En mangas sólo puntúo el primer volumen como nota general del manga

Mira que el manager no tiene un papel especialmente importante pero mueve los hilos y se emociona de una manera que me recuerda a mi cuando leo, aunque más exagerado xD
Me encanta el rumbo que está tomando esto, ¡por fin Ren empieza a darse cuenta de sus sentimientos! Y Kyoko... pues... igual de despistada que siempre, eso no tiene solución xD
Joy Waters
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rema
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anything that involves Ren is usually interesting. I know I've mentioned numerous times how good-looking and well-drawn he is but I can't help it, he really is. Finally, Ren admits indirectly to Kyoko the problems he has with acting as Katsumi and how he doesn't know what love is so he can't exactly portray that emotion in his acting. So it's up to Bo, the friendly chicken, to help Ren figure out what love is. And while doing that Ren discovers he has feelings for a certain high school student. ...more
Bookbuyer
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015-2108, om
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: Shojo Beat
This volume begins with volume 61: And the Trigger was Pulled.

The cover reflects the filming of Dark Moon, and Kyoko's character role of Mio. The stargazer Lilies were a nice touch to what could have been a dark cover.

The story...
Ren is dreaming of his and Kyoko's friendship during their childhood years. While Kyoko's memory is a little fuzzy, Ren's isn't and the more he remembers the more his acting is affected. Will he recover from this slump in time for the filming of Dark Moon to continue? R
Jamie
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-manwha
Originally read: Jan 2011
Re-read: Sept 2016

Well Sho clearly has issues. With just about everything. I didn't like him before and now I like him less. This volume focuses on Ren's acting and struggle with his new role. I kept fretting that the president was right! Yashiro starts to try to play matchmaker. That has me nervous but curious. Kyoko just keeps improving. I kept thinking they should make Mio the lead!
Starry
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Starbubbles
Jul 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
i love how yashiro is always plotting to have ren and kyoko get together. oh, and it eventually evolves into him even keeping tabs on her schedule (which if you recall ren's, it's truly amazing that he can add another to keep an eye on). bo is partically awesome in this one too, how can you now love a giant chicken trying to explain what love is? not possible or even conceivable to hate that scenario.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Julie
This was sort of a gloomy volume. Not much really happens so I hope the pace speeds up a bit in the next volume. I'm also really anticipating Sho's reaction to all this. His dynamic with Kyoko just makes me laugh so much, and I think that's what I like best about this manga series, Kyoko making me laugh. Hopefully there is more of that to come.
Amy
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just cannot get my hands on these fast enough. With a potential relationship blossoming and Sho's reactions, I'm super curious to find out where this goes, how the Tsukigomori drama plays out, and where things go after the show.
Sammie
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, comedy, comic, crazy
I am so in love with Ren he's just awesome and i love when he and Kyoko are together they make me laugh so hard it hurts ,i can not wait to see where they go from here ,man i wish i had the next volume right now grr ,great series.
Marguerite
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Ahhh, Mio is scary!!!! Wonderful to read Kyoko grow as an actress and person.

Re-Read 1:

hahaha, the Bo scenes are just priceless! I forgot how great those moments between Ren and Kyoko were.
Jeffrey
Aug 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
We continue the Tsukigomori arc as Kyoko has found her character, but Ren struggles with his. Still, an entertaining read with more amusing Bo moments. I'm curious to see what will happen when Ren finds out who's in the Bo costume.
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 21 (Hana-Kimi, #21)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 7
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 9 (Beauty Pop, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 08
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 09
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
“Just by gazing upon her face...
No matter how weary you are,
you will feel happy,
deep inside your heart,
you will feel a warmth
This is a "piece of joy"
This is all the happiness you need.
Normally, we call this "love"...”
44 likes