Start by marking “Better off Friends” as Want to Read:
Better off Friends

Better off Friends

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  21,651 ratings  ·  2,850 reviews
For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so ba
Published February 25th 2014 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Better off Friends, please sign up.
Julliana Yes, it is! The basic plot of this book about best friends falling in love but keep missing each other is very much like Love, Rosie. Although for me…moreYes, it is! The basic plot of this book about best friends falling in love but keep missing each other is very much like Love, Rosie. Although for me it's like a simpler version of it.(less)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
269 books — 1,970 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,548 books — 9,164 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Here’s the basic difference between having a girl as a best friend as opposed to a guy.
When you’re best friends with a girl and you blather on and on, she kisses you to make you shut up.
*barf* I don't bloody think so.

If you have a really really cute guy friend and you guys have been close for so long but oh my god he's so hot and you think you're in love with him but does he like you and what about that time he checked out that other girl and oh my god you guys stay up all night talking and yo
Christine Riccio
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really really LOVED READING THIS BOOK <3 It was very when Harry Met Sally except over a younger time span 7th grade - Senior year of High school and I loved it! I JUST WANTED A FEW MORE CHAPTERS AT THE END. LE SIGH. THIS HAPPENS SO OFTEN. Just let me bask in the happy for a second jeez. =P
Cat
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No, this is not really a review, because I haven't read the book yet; more of my personal thoughts and a story to go along with it. Read on only if you're interested.

This sounds so promising. Elizabeth Eulberg is absolutely amazing, and I'm excited for this, after my favorites The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom and Prejudice. (Take a Bow was okay, and I haven't read Revenge of the Girl With the Great Personality yet.)

But I will say: guys and girls CANNOT be best friends.
At all costs.
I doubt thi
Christine Alibutud
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"But in truth, home isn’t necessarily where you sleep at night..."

description

"...It’s where you feel like yourself.
Where you’re most comfortable.
Where you don’t have to pretend, where you can be just you."

description

What a cute & fluffy read! Had me laughing and "awww"-ing all throughout! This book totally deserves a 5 BLIMEY-IF-I-DIDN'T-LIKE-IT STARS!!! It was just so.... cute!

Macallan + Levi = this cute gif
description

So let's meet 11-year-old Macallan who's super excited for the start of seventh grade. Now, what
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Creo que este ha sido uno de los libros que más me ha hecho morir de feels en todo el año. La historia de Levi y Macallan era tan real que sentía que la estaba viviendo yo misma. Era Macallan cuando encuentra a su mejor amigo, cuando hablan hasta el cansancio de su serie favorita, cuando sabía todo sobre él, cuando pasan los mejores y peores momentos juntos... y cuando empieza a enamorarse de él.

Y sí, merodeadores, este es el libro de la friendzone . ¿Que no sabes qué es la friendzone ? ¡No
Claudia Ramírez
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Cute :).

EDIT: I think I'll add the reasons I gave this three stars. Don't misunderstand! I really liked the book! It was cute and funny, but I think it was not for me. As I said in my review of Eulberg's other book (The Lonely Hearts Club), this book would've worked perfectly if I were 15 years old. My little brother read it at the same time as me and he absolutely LOVED it, and yeah, he's 15!

The characters really annoyed me sometimes, especially Levi!!! BUT a part of me really liked him, he wa
Alexis Ayala
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
Un libro con una historia bastante simple, pero con grandes personajes. No es, claro esta, el mejor libro del mundo ni mucho menos, pero te hace pasar un gran momento.
Una narración simple que no te aburre en ningún momento.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.75 tween romance stars!

Macallan and Levi have been friends since the seventh grade, when Levi was the new surfer kid from California and Macallan was the girl who lost her mother. The two didn’t want to be friends at first, but they end up forging a great connection anyway. Throughout the years, the two remain best friends even though everyone around them thinks they’re meant to be together. Constant drama with girlfriends, boyfriends, exfriends and others bring up the question, should they
Juliana Zapata
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Una historia corta, divertida, refrescante y fácil de leer. Las voces de los personajes me encantaron, ambos, Levi y Macallan son encantadores, me gustó mucho conocer su historia desde el día en que se conocieron, la historia creció, maduró y evolucionó al mismo ritmo que los personajes.

El final a pesar de ser lo que yo quería, no era lo que me esperaba.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Inés Izal
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, favoritos
¡PERO QUE LIBRO MAS ADORABLE, POR DIOS!

Me encantan las historias de amor entre amigos de la infancia. Pese a ser una historia predecible y con algún cliché, me ha conquistado.

Es tierna, divertida y con algún momento donde se te cae la lágrima, ¡Ay!. Pero lo mejor son los protagonistas: Levi y Macallan son un amor.
Esta muy bien escrito, y tiene unos diálogos originales entre medias de cada capítulo entre ellos dos a modo de explicación de dicho capítulo.

Me hubiera gustado que conservaran la port
Robin (Bridge Four)
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Freaking Cute!!!
 photo puss-in-boots_zpsc51feb98.png

After reading a plethora of books with the insta-love factor in them it is so nice to take a step back and read a book where you watch the relationship between two people grow over years. Levi and Macallan met in the eighth grade and became fast friends. The way they talk to one another is fun easy banter of people who really know each other inside out.

”So, Carrie, I think we need to intervene before the Levi and Macallan Show takes over. Once they get started they don’t stop.
Sandes gii
4.7/5

Este libro lo leí en pdf... Gracias al blog Seducción entre libros que subió la traducción en epub pasado a pdf. Así que si quieren descargarlo pueden pasar por el blog que ahí está la traducción correcta. :)

Me gusta la idea de los libros de mejores amigos que se enamoran. Me gustó esas idas y vueltas entre ambos amigos... Pero como que a veces me pareció muy largo. Romance... había pero como oculto, (mientras los personajes comienzan a sentir sentimientos por el otro).
isabelle
If this books isn't the epitome of love life goals, I don't know what else is.

I read this in one day. On a school night. Ignoring my homework. Savoring each word. omfg.

Edit:

Found the best goddamn video to go with this book: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KtDYvF...
nick
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2014-favorites

MY FEELS!! They were all over the place after I finished reading Better Off Friends. This is the kind of book that made me want to go onto my rooftop and scream out my love for it at the top of my lungs. I haven't felt this happy after reading book ever since Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Beware, this review will not be very eloquent. Expect tons of gushing!

I've always loved books with best-friends romances and Better Off Friends was so perfect in that department. In fact, it
Rashika (is tired)
Any guy out there want to be my best friend???
*hopeful eyes*

Yeah I figured no one would :P

But yeah this book was the sweetest thing ever and really, two good YAs in a row? SCORE?

This has angst but one of the cutest friendships in the world and all the angst was worth it in the end. GAHHHHHH

Blimey if I know what to read next.
~Tina~

Daww, this book was just too sweet. Better off Friends, is my favorite kind of romantic since I simply adore friends-turned-romance above all. But this isn’t in the traditional swoon-worthy way I typically find in my reads, instead this really focus on the friendship and going through the motions of having a best friend of the opposite sex and trying to figure out how to handle all of the wonderful and conflicting emotions that comes with it. This book asks the question everyone at one
Lna
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Qué delicia.
Me ha sorprendido muy inesperadamente este JR, y ha sido adorable. Macallan y Levi son unos personajes a quienes conocemos a lo largo de unos cuántos años y nos van ganando poco a poco, por esa complicidad que les une y crea situaciones hilarantes, entrañables e inesperadas en algunos casos. La forma en que la autora plantea su relación de amistad y, posteriormente de amor, está muy bien adecuada a esa etapa adolescente, sin caer en dramatismos pero siendo profunda y creíble.
Ojalá h
Ro
Este libro básicamente trata de la amistad entre Levi y Macallan, y como ésta se va desarrollando a lo largo de los años.
"¿Y si quedamos como amigos?" nos presenta desde el principio la enorme incógnita de si existe la amistad verdadera entre un chico y una chica, sin que terminen siendo pareja o sintiendo algo más el uno por el otro.

Debo decir que este libro es muy rápido de leer, y eso es lo que más le jugó a su favor a mi hora de puntuarlo. La pluma de la autora es muy ligera y bonita, por lo
Maru
Amo las historias de amor entre mejores amigos. Por eso, estaba segura de que este libro me iba a gustar, lo que no sabía era que me gustaría tanto. También me sorprendió que me hiciera sufrir y llorar mucho (a veces soy tan asquerosamente sensible). Y me voy dando cuenta de que la frustración siempre viene de la mano de este tipo de historias.
Este libro fue exactamente lo que necesitaba: una historia que me atrapara. Quizá el estilo haya sido demasiado "juvenil" (aunque creo que la traducción t
Monica
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Una lectura entretenida pero que no es mucho del estilo que suelo leer. La verdad es que la manera en que escribe es buena pero muy ñoña, la trama, los personajes y el como van avanzando con cada página se me hizo al principio interesante pero ya para cuando se había establecido el nudo de la historia sentí que empezó a darle muchas vueltas a lo mismo no volvería a leer a la autora, demasiado infantil el romance y las descripciones igual es como leer el diario de un adolescente pero no como algo ...more
Nanna
SUCH a cute contemporary! 4.5 stars!
♥ Sarah
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This was so adorable, cute and perfect for a cozy, rainy-day, pick-me-up read.
description

You know the story. The one where Girl meets Boy at a young age and they become fast friends by some stroke of fate – a commonality, an understanding, a simple smile, or a wave hello; the kind that screams, Potential Best Friend!

For Macallan & Levi, it was their mutual love for “Buggy and Floyd” their favorite BBC show that cemented their 7th grade BFF status. But of course, that simple status grows into much mor
Giselle
Super cute characters! These two are both such vivacious characters that I felt like I knew them already. Obviously a very predictable ending but I didn't care because it was just cute. I do think the title is definitely misleading though, but maybe that was the whole point? I couldn't stop myself from smiling!
Melissa Veras
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. It started REALLY GOOD, but then it got way too dramatic for my taste. Nevertheless, it was a entertaining quick read.
MA®IBEL
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Le pongo 5 estrellas porque hacia tiempo que no leía un libro y decía...un capítulo más, solo un capítulo más, y lo dejo. No es un libro extenso pero me lo terminé en un par de días, y sin tener casi tiempo libre.
"A dos centímetros de ti" pertenece al
género juvenil y a pesar de ser una historia sencilla, está fantásticamente bien escrito. La protagonista es una chica muy joven pero madura y con una gran personalidad. Es de ese tipo de libros de los que no esperas nada, pero luego te sorprenden
Constanza
Es un libro muy dulce y fácil de leer (si vas en un tren seguro lo terminas al finalizar el viaje), adoré a los personajes y la evolución que tuvieron a lo largo de la historia, dan ganas de volver a creer en la inocencia del amor.
Es un libro totalmente recomendable.
Amanda
This was what it always came down to. The perception that there was no way Levi and I could be legitimately best friends and only best friends. Nobody ever got that.

If I have to read that Macallan and Levi are 'platonic' one more time, I'll explode. Look, let's get the positive out of the way. BETTER OFF FRIENDS is an easy read. Pretty writing and a well-paced story. For once I liked the side characters (even if they were barely in the story) more than the two main characters. I especially lov
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always by: Kimi (Geeky Chiquitas)
*Warning: The general plot of Better Off Friends will be explained in this review. Beware!

After seeing so many people rooting for the two main characters, I was more than eager to check this out for myself. To be honest, when I first saw it on NetGalley, I wasn't hugely interested. But when the reviews stating this book was "adorable and lovable" all came out, and I definitely had to pick it up myself.

You may or may not know that I have a weakness for romances between two best friends. It's like
Nani’s Library
Me parece que esta historia es demasiadooo juvenil para mi, va más como para adolescentes entre los 15-16 años.
El libro es súper fácil de leer, es entretenido y en realidad te hace recordar mucho la etapa del colegio y esas cosas.
Esas ganas por encajar en el grupo de amigos y ser “popular”.

En cuanto a la trama me pareció que era bastante predecible el final, todo llevaba a eso, pero creo que era el final que la mayoría esperaba. (De haber terminado de otra manera estoy segura que no me habría
Erica
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
There is nothing like an Elizabeth Eulberg book, but this one really took the cake. I just can't even. It was SO CUTE. I was simply blown away by this one, and am sure you will be too.

It made my heart warm with all the Wisconsinisms it featured. There's this scene where Macallan is giving Levi a tour of the school and says the bubbler is at the end of the hall, and he has no idea what it is. I have done that SO MANY TIMES. Bubbler is a water fountain, but apparently no one else uses that :)

Ther
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 3 Jun 04, 2017 09:11AM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Better Off Friends 1 11 Jul 18, 2016 11:53AM
Reading Addicts: August Other Genre BOTM_Better Off Friends 3 28 Aug 12, 2015 06:40AM
Books like this..?! 2 38 Jul 12, 2015 11:09AM
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • Another Little Piece of My Heart
  • Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . ., #2)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Fast Forward
  • #16thingsithoughtweretrue
  • Heartbeat
  • The Art of Lainey (The Art of Lainey, #1)
  • On the Fence
  • #scandal
  • The Bridge from Me to You
  • Maybe One Day
  • Just Like the Movies (If Only . . ., #7)
  • The Break-Up Artist (Break-up Artist, #1)
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • The Summer I Found You
  • Ask Again Later
The short and sweet version:
Elizabeth Eulberg was born and raised in Wisconsin before heading off to college at Syracuse University and making a career in the New York City book biz. Now a full-time writer, she is the author of The Lonely Hearts Club, Prom & Prejudice, Take a Bow, Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality, Better Off Friends, We Can Work it Out, Just Another Girl,, and Th
“Silence fell between us. This was a common occurrence whenever we’re alone. When you’re comfortable with someone, you don’t need to always fill the void with noise. I liked it when we would just be.” 105 likes
“This entire time I've been thinking about where my home was. At first it was California, then Wisconsin. But in truth, home isn't necessarily where you sleep at night. It's where you feel like yourself. Where you're most comfortable. Where you don't have to pretend, where you can just be you.” 90 likes