Start by marking “Evade (Ever, #2)” as Want to Read:
Evade (Ever, #2)

Evade (Ever #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
BOOK TWO in The EVER Trilogy

*E-copies available for review from author*

In this thrilling sequel, Ever Van Ruysdael's race to beat the odds—and the clock—begins with the introduction of an integral part of her past. As secrets are revealed, and truths uncovered, she learns her imminent death is the least of her problems: Ariadne did more than just put an expiration date on
Published September 29th 2013 (first published September 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Evade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evade

City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareAnissa's Redemption by Zack LoveClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best Sequel Covers
151 books — 42 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareDescending by Holly KellyRenatus 2 by John A.   Saunders
Best Sequels
278 books — 126 voters

More lists with this book...

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quiet-ya, reviewed
The review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

Ever has left than a year left to live and is trying to spend it with the people she loves most. Spending as much time as possible with Mom, Frankie, and Jessie is all that matters until she learns that there is much more to her countdown than she realizes. When Ariadne put that countdown on her soul, she inadvertently marked Ever soul, making it more valuable to collectors. So now Ever is on the run with the one person she’s try
Sharon Bayliss
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the sequel, we begin with Ever headed on a fun Mexican vacation with her best friend Jessie. Of course, it's hard for Ever to have much fun away from her new boyfriend, the recently not-dead Frankie...and because she knows she only has nine months to live. She has a countdown on her soul.

That would be bad enough, but it actually gets worse. In Mexico, she's abducted and ends up reconnecting with her ex, Toby, the soul-collector. She learns that her marked soul is of greater value to the meane
Tamara Mataya
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I LOVED EVER. But I loved EVADE even more. Russo took the characters and their mythology deeper, making this feel more firmly paranormal than book 1. The pacing is tight, the tension is high , and I'm STILL Team Undecided. I don't know how you guys choose between Toby and Frankie. I'm Team Ever, and can't wait to see more of her journey! LOVE this fresh series, and the play between Ever and her best friend Jessie remains a highlight for me.

If you loved EVER, pick up EVADE. If you were
Bridgette Hoshont'omba
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal YA readers
Recommended to Bridgette by: Jessa Russo at the end of Ever
There was so much about this book that has my mind screaming "no" in comparison with the first. So much that was unexpected. Of course, this doesn't go to say that I didn't adore Evade. Overall, this is turning out to be a really great set but there is much that can't be said for this one without knowing what happens next. The ending felt sort of like it was missing something, but again, this is just the middle piece. Excited to see what happens next (and to reread the first.)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed Ever the first novel in this trilogy, in fact, I would go so far as to say that I loved it. The characters were engaging, the writing and plot flowed smoothly and I loved the paranormal aspect to the story, not to mention the love interests. It was, well, maybe not unique per se but unique enough that it was a breath of fresh air and before I knew it, I had the whole thing read in one sitting.

I was pretty eager to pick up the second book and dive right in. Sadly due to
S.L. Saboviec
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-a-kobo-copy, 2013
Note: I received a free copy of Evade in exchange for an honest review; however, I purchased my own copy of Ever.

The EVER trilogy so far has a solid premise and interesting characters, but the plot pacing never allows it to rise from “I liked it” territory to “I loved it.” Ever, Book One, was faster paced with more plot twists, but Evade, Book Two, lagged a bit and disappointed me.

While Ever was more urban fantasy than paranormal romance, Evade was more paranormal romance for urban fantasy. I li
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Jessa Russo.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Ever’ series.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 ‘Ever’.**
Ever has Frankie back, but now her soul has an expiration date, and it seems like that is an attractive quality for soul collectors.
What will happen to Ever’s soul? And if she has to choose between herself and Frankie, who will she choose?

I really liked Ever, so I was really looking forward
Tonja Drecker
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the EVER trilogy, and (with the risk of putting my foot in my mouth) much better than the first. No, I'm not trying to imply that I didn't like EVER (see, here's my fat foot). EVER was definitely an enjoyable read (4 from 5 stars), and I've been looking forward to EVADE ever since. But with EVADE, Jessa has managed to scoot up a notch or maybe even two. I loved every moment of the story and didn't. . .couldn't put it down.

EVADE starts where EVER (Book #1) ends, which mean
Chuck
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Evade is book two of The Ever Trilogy by Jessa Russo. Now for transparency reasons I will say that Jessa is a friend and has been for many years. Second, I am a guy, a 59 year old guy. I like books with sex, violence, car chases, etc. There is very, very little of that in this book.

I gave this book five stars and it was not out of friendship. I struggled a little with Ever, the first book in the trilogy. It took a while to get moving and there was a little too much puppy love, not enough action.
Eliza Tilton
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to review this book without giving spoilers because the spoilers are really good, but I won't--I hate spoilers.

If I'm being vague in this review, I'm sorry!

In EVADE, we learn about the world of Collectors and Seekers. The paranormal really kicks up a notch and I love all the lore. This isn't just a romance book, there's some great world building.

One of the reason I liked the first book, EVER, was because of Ever. She's a teen most girls will relate
Gloria Sigountos
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received the advanced reader copy of Evade from Jessa.

Last year when I read Ever I was pleasantly surprised by what I read. Here was a YA book that was Paranormal Romance that I enjoyed. The heroine is likeable and relatable. The romantic triangle is well managed and the supernatural elements intrigued me. All that is to say that when I finished Ever I was truly looking forward to Evade.

Jessa Russo did not disappoint. There are two big things I enjoyed about this book, the way she handled th
Jamie Ayres
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I read the first book, I read the whole thing in one sitting. I practically read Evade in one sitting as well. I planned to read it this past weekend, but time got away from me. So last night and tonight I pretty much read the entire thing. And OMG! This one is definitely way more paranormal, whereas the first one was more contemporary with a paranormal twist. Ever left us with so many questions, and I loved the way Russo filled in the blanks for us. There's a lot of information to digest, ...more
Schnoodle.farmer
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I underestimated Ever. She did what needed to be done, and I honestly was expecting her to drop the ball. But she didn't, and I'm excited to see what else she's capable of. Looking forward to the next book!
Holli Anderson
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Way to leave us hanging Jessa . . . . :)
N.N. Light
Wow! I loved this book! Russo takes the characters we met in Ever and hikes up the tension, stakes and the paranormal. My heart went out to both Toby and Ever so many times. I really loved reading this book and highly recommend!

My Rating: 5+ stars
Dec 26, 2013
melissa
Oct 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • ParaWars: Uprising (ParaWars, #1)
  • 18 Things (My So Called Afterlife, #1)
  • Buried
  • The Secret Star
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Dreamcatcher #1)
  • Deadgirl
  • Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls, #2)
  • Out of the Dark (Five, #1)
  • Wicked Path (Daath Chronicles, #2)
  • Last Flight Out
  • Reviled
  • The Funeral Singer
  • Phoenix (The Sensitives, #3)
  •  Death of a Kleptomaniac
  • Amulet of Power (The Lost Amulet Chronicles, #2)
  • Extraordinary
  • Aspen
  • Frosted
Jessa Russo believes in fairytales, ghosts, and Jake Ryan—she’s pretty sure her heart has never fully belonged to anyone else (apologies, Mr. Russo). When not writing, she can be found watching far too much Netflix, drinking craft beer with her friends, or enjoying a nice Sunday brunch (even if it’s not Sunday). Her young adult projects span the genre field, but will always have a lot of kissing a ...more
More about Jessa Russo