Start by marking “Il volo delle cicogne” as Want to Read:
Il volo delle cicogne

Il volo delle cicogne

Louis Antioche viene assoldato da un misterioso ornitologo preoccupato dal mancato ritorno delle cicogne dall'Africa. Ben presto intuisce che dietro la scomparsa dei grandi uccelli migratori si nasconde una trama ben più inquietante. Deciso a risolvere l'arcano il giovane si trova coinvolto in un'incalzante avventura, costellata di morti misteriose e atroci mutilazioni. Qu ...more
Paperback, Gli elefanti bestseller, 406 pages
Published 2010 by Garzanti (first published September 17th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Il volo delle cicogne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il volo delle cicogne

Meikoyim
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Monica
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writing is brilliant full of suspense with twists and turns. Well developed characters, overall an excellent thriller. Recommended without a doubt.
Alev
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Except for the end, it was great and ingenious. The end was clumsy.
Bruce
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More than many modern “thrillers,” Jean-Christophe Grangé’s Le vol des cigognes (The Flight of Storks) requires a substantial willing suspension of disbelief, there being many aspects of the narrative that are frankly incroyable. Early examples might include the finding of the mutilated body of the Swiss ornithologist Böhm in the nest of feeding storks high on a tower; the discovery on autopsy that he had had a cardiac transplant that apparently no one knew about; the inexplicable breaking into ...more
Kaan Kahraman
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great debut novel! and i think it's still his best novel today.
A young man, Lois Antioche is hired by a scientist to follow the seasonal flight routes of storks. at first it seamed like his dream job, traveling around and not doing much really. with but his dream job turns to nightmare quickly. with his employers' sudden death, he is drawn to dark world of smugglers and illegal organ harvesters. and Lois has some past demons to deal with too
Morta Rapalyte
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(I missed my stop a few times when going home from work on the tube - that’s exactly how taken by the book you become when reading “The flight of the storks”
This was my first ever Thriller and I must say it was the best choice to start adoring them with! The whole story was nowhere near pretty - which I am not very used to, but I was completely swallowed by the book.
I highly recommend reading this to everyone.
Katrin V
I am sure that much of the material in this book comes from Grangé's journalistic experience. He has probably seen much of the vignette's he includes in this international thriller. His focus is on the dark and evil and it seems unrelenting. Too intense for me. I won't be looking for more from him.
Syntax
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting yet very much predictable
israareads
May 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this horrible book doesn't even deserve a star
Spencer
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great, love this book. Reread many times
Peter
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant book and really nailbiting. Great storytelling. One of the best modern thrillers ever!
Tim Martin
_Flight of the Storks_ by Jean-Christopher Grange is the first mystery novel I have read in probably ten or twelve years, as it is not a genre I read in. Watch on TV, sure, but not read, as my fiction tastes tend to run towards science fiction, fantasy, technothriller, and on rare occasions, horror. However, the natural history angle of the book - the main character, Louis Antioch, is hired by a wealthy Swiss by the name of Max Bohm to follow the 12,000-mile migration route of European storks fr ...more
Kiril
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
You will know what the "mystery" is about even before the main character left his native France, and that's about one tenth of the book. But that's not a problem, because the book is gruesomely mislabelled: it's not a mystery really, it should be in the sarcastic isle, and should be read as a humorous parody to a contemporary mystery genre. When read from that right angle, the book will make you laugh and appreciate author's humour. Except for the barbaric scenes depicting killings and tortures: ...more
Ulaş
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A book that should definitely be read, i finished in just 5 days,
A book that keeps an excitement right opposite each calf, until the end of the tension peak.

Timaz
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, adventure
In my journey of finding authors, this time It was Jean-christophe grange's turn. Story was good and different parts of it came together at the end well. I found this story as adventure/mystery. More than half of the book was about describing nature, culture, people and cities. This can be desirable or not based on what readers want to read. Despite that i love nature and traveling around world, it was a little bit boring to me to read a book about it while i want a thriller story. Actually i sk ...more
Vadim Barylo
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the first book when I started to explore this phantastic author. I was really amazed of his writing style to keep my attention from the first page of the first book to the last page of lastest.

To be honest - it was the first author after 10 reading years when I read all his books in a row, do not switching to anything else.

I recomend to everyone who like secrets, mystery, courage, detectives but in most scary, dynamic, mysterious ways. I can confidently say that Grange is my one of best w
Jim
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lu-en-français
A fascinating plot spanning continents. Max Bohm hires Louis Antioche to follow the migration route of storks from Europe to Israel and the Central African Republic. There is more to his investigation than at first appears. Max Bohm dies in mysterious circumstances his body found half eaten by storks in one of their nests. Various characters are tortured and killed in a gruesome manner throughout the book, whilst the plot is ingenious it is not a book for those with a weak stomach....
Beatrice Marie
This is a fun book to read if you like to travel by armchair. A French man travels through Eastern Europe, Isreal, central Africa and India to find the link between murders and storks' flight paths. This might be one of my last thrillers to read because the gore was extremely graphic -- worse than Patricia Cornwell's. He could develop characters better, too. However, his research on the medical world (heart transplants) and the countries where his book is set make the read worth it.
Felix
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most impressive books I've read in a while. Grange writes with sophistication and I can only imagine how exquisite some of his writing would be in the original French.

A very interesting plot covering a young man (orphaned at a young age) follows the flight pattern of storks from Europe to Central Africa while uncovering some harsh realities. A tad over-the-top at times, but to Granges credit, this psychological thriller is pulled together nicely.
Lina
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book by this author that I read. In this book, I have found a typical Jean - Christophe Grange writing style. The books themes and plot captured attention. The plot was intensive with a lot of twists.
I really enjoyed this book, maybe not as much as "Miserere" but still... I think all his books have "cruelty" effect, but that do not bother me.
P.S. I am huge fan of this writer.
Alex
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid thriller, a sort of of French Silence of the Lambs, with diamonds, doctors and dwarf. Takes the reader on a fantastic voyage around the world. The strongest parts are the descriptions of Israel, Africa and India at the beginning of the 1990s as seen through the eyes of a tourist.
Elif
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Best One :)
Becky
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: translated
I really enjoy Grange's work and wish that more of it was available in English translation. A fantastically plotted mystery with great pacing.
Lillyg
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
My favorite Grangé ever. It's creepy and captivating. I couldn't drop the book.
Ilgım
This book was the worst one of Grange's I've read so far. It makes me sad to say so but it truly was.
David Tendo
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An atmospheric and unflinching thriller with plenty of surprises.
Rıdvan
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book i have ever read in its genre. A state of art from Grange.
Sian Cancea
Jan 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dragged out, pointless plot. Painful to read but subjected to it through book group.
Melanie Sorensen
Absolutely riveting. Murder and ornithology.
DeeDee
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My heart beating was increased and my hands were glued to the book in the last 5 chapters, worth reading, really liked it.

• In Tenebris (La trilogie du Mal, #2)
  • L'Anneau de Moebius
  • Zulu
  • Ceux qui vont mourir te saluent
  • Nécropolis
  • La Nuit des enfants rois
  • Empati
  • The Angel's Promise
  • Kavim (Başkomiser Nevzat, #3)
Jean-Christophe Grangé est un journaliste, reporter international, écrivain, scénariste né le 15 juillet 1961 à Boulogne-Billancourt. Il est l'un des rares écrivains français dans le domaine du thriller à s'être fait un nom aux États-Unis.
Après une maîtrise de lettres à la Sorbonne (axée sur Gustave Flaubert), il devient rédacteur publicitaire, puis travaille pour une agence de presse. En 1989, à
“— ужас и вечность, слившиеся в призрачном поцелуе.” 1 likes