Start by marking “Quick And Easy Vegan Slow Cooking: More Than 150 Tasty, Nourishing Slow Cooker Recipes That Practically Make Themselves” as Want to Read:

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Who knew "slow" could be so fast? Well, it can be--whether you're an experienced cook or a slow-cooker newbie--with this cookbook of set-and-forget vegan meals!

Ever wished you could have a healthy, delicious, home-cooked dinner waiting for you when you get home? Well, stop dreaming and start cooking! In "Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking," Carla Kelly brings you over 150 r
Published May 8th 2012 by The Experiment (first published March 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Quick And Easy Vegan Slow Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quick And Easy Vegan Slow Cooking

Carrie
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I'm not sure why other reviews of this book are so negative. There are a ton of soups and stews, which are one of my favourite things to make - especially in the slow cooker. There is an emphasis on beans, vegetables, grains, etc., although there are a fair amount of recipes using seitan as well.

I would give this four stars, but I took one off due to the fact that a large portion of the book is made up of recipes like pasta, that only go in the slow cooker for 2 or 3 hours. To me, the whole poi
Virginia Hill
So far I've only felt inspired to make two recipes. The first (St. Patrick's Day Irish Stew) was disappointing, but I plan on tweaking that one and trying again. The second (Tomato and Walnut Risotto) turned out well. With feedback from my family, tweaking the ingredients, and adding vegan Italian sausage it's a true hit!.

Vegan/vegetarian cookbooks already come into my home with a lot of issues since I'm cooking for an omnivore, a pesco-vegetarian with allergies, and all three of us have things
Lindsey
Jesus, I can't believe the negative reviews on this book. Most things I've made have been super tasty and flavorful. The recipes are very easy, and the ingredients are arranged in blocks according to what you put in the slow cooker when, which has been super helpful. Very little prep outside of chopping (usually just onions, garlic, shallots, potatoes) is required. There is a great variety of recipes ranging from very healthy whole foods to creamy, decadent comfort meals. I also like that she in ...more
Deyara
3.5 stars. Quite a few I want to try, though there are a lot of meat substitutes here and I'm not sure I want to go that road. Lots of soups and stews, which I will save for cooler weather probably. I am going to try the poached garlic though, sounds useful though if I dont like it it will be a trial getting through 70 cloves!
Mallory
Dec 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I got a handful of new recipes, and overall I liked the book. However, there was lots of meat substitute recipes which I am not crazy about. I was also a little put off by all the exotic ingredients in the recipes. I like to shop as local and as seasonal as possible, and there were some pretty pricey, exotic items in these recipes. I still was able to get a bunch of delicious recipes though!
A.
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-about-food
I really liked the book, and plan to try quite a few things from it, but a number of the recipes are poorly written and would probably confuse an inexperienced cook. There are instances when many of the ingredients on the ingredients list for a recipe are not mentioned in the recipe itself, as if the author intended to say "add sage and other herbs" but forgot to add the "and other herbs" part.
Autumn
Jun 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Ugh, this book was so poorly laid out and unappealing. Plus the recipes just didn't seem that tasty. And there was way too much front matter. And it had an air of Canadian vegan mommy self-righteousness. This is the antithesis of my beloved Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester.
LemontreeLime
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a keeper.
saracakes
It was okay.

The concept was good but unfortunately the author has lazily used lots of meat substitutes in many of the recipes.

Not my idea of an inventive cookbook!
False
Dec 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-drink
I determined fairly quickly that I didn't like the author's cooking style or ingredients, so that...was that.
Denise
rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2015
Sue
May 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook was not very tasty and somewhat boring. I will not be adding it to my collection
Emily
rated it did not like it
Dec 13, 2012
Dec 02, 2012
Pinky
Jul 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads' database with this name.

From publisher website: "Carla Kelly is an experienced cook and baker, having started well before the age of ten. As the eldest of five children, she often made baked treats and dinner for her family. She has been a vegan for over five years and a vegetarian for fifteen more before that, and has developed reci
More about Carla Kelly...