Start by marking “Bear Sees Colors: with audio recording” as Want to Read:
Bear Sees Colors: with audio recording

Bear Sees Colors: with audio recording (Bear)

Published September 23rd 2014 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

Rossy
Jun 06, 2016 Rossy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Something was missing, for me... but the illustrations were adorable!
Kate
Oct 01, 2014 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preschool
I like Wilson's bear books as do the children with whom I've shared them. I was enjoying this one until I got to the color green. Stream does not rhyme with green. Nor does round rhyme with brown. If you're using rhymes, then use rhymes. Don't confuse children with false ones. Plus for the clues in the illustrations as to the upcoming colors.
Jess
Sep 26, 2015 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable in the ways Karma Wilson's Bear books always are.

The starkly white page of Bear meeting a friend followed by a page lush with color and a request for you to find blue/red/etc is lovely and successful. Sure, it's another color book, but that's OK.
Jess
Nov 06, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Beautiful illustrations. Bear and friends go throughout there day discovering many things that are the same colors.
Kristi
We all loved this one. So fun finding the colors with bear!
Alistair Parker
Mar 25, 2016 Alistair Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
forest animals see colors.like blue red yellow green and brown
Tammy
Jul 13, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the author of Bear Snores On, this fun book about colors is adorable. Jordy loved it!
Melissa McAlvey
Jun 14, 2017 Melissa McAlvey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, picture-books
this book is great because it is simple enough for Hazel, with fun pictures she loves and fun rhymes; yet it is complicated enough to keep Norah interested since we can find all the items on the page that go with each color. I do love Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman.
Scott Jackson
The Bear books are the best! I have read them to all of my children. I hope more will follow.
The Book Box
Mama read this to me while we were reading a lot of color books.
Evie
Sep 29, 2014 Evie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful, vibrant book that will help introduce your child to the concept of colors.

Bear sees blue, red, yellow, green and brown. Every other page is white - it's when bear meets friends along the way and is about to see a color. Between those white, toned-down pages are pages that are literally bursting with color. Bear Sees Colors is beautifully illustrated and filled with color-coordinated elements (blue sky, water, fish and blueberries and red ladybugs, watering can, strawberries, etc).
Diane
Feb 14, 2017 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Colors, colors EVERYWHERE? Can you find colors, just like bear."

Rachel Fister
"Bear Sees Colors" is a great concept book for children. This book is all about colors. The character in this book, Bear, learns all about colors. For example, he first learns about the color blue. He sees blue water, blue flowers, a blue pale, and blueberries. Every page focuses on a different color and has multiple examples for each color. The illustrations in this book are very vibrant and colorful. For each color, that page is filled with it, to make sure that the children know what objects ...more
Michelle McBeth
This is one of the most lovely books about colors that I have ever seen. Bear and mouse are walking and talking and as they go along they encounter different colors. On each double spread page you are invited to spy the items with the color for those pages. The items are sometimes subtle so the reader or listener has to look carefully to find them all. Along the journey, bear and mouse encounter different animals such as badger and wren. The characters are adorable.

The illustrations are beautifu
Lexie Hoffmann
Good Morning Class,

We have been talking about creatures we see in nature and how they are an important part of our ecosystem. Today we are going to read a book about a bear and the colors he sees throughout the day (show cover of book to students). Have any of you ever seen a bear, do you think they saw you (children respond)? I have seen a bear at the zoo and in Yellowstone (sharing my experience).
As we are reading the book I want you to pay attention and see if you can predict what colors th
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
Bear and his friend Mouse go for a walk and come across many colors as he meets up with his other friends!

This is an adorably illustrated and interactive picture book. I love how the plain white pages give a hint of what color Bear is going to see, such as a red ladybug flying around or yellow galoshes on his friend Badger. The colorful pages are wonderful and full of color; the sky, the plants, the birds, and other objects. The last page filled with a rainbow of colors, animals, and objects al
Sep 05, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud, preschool
I love Karma Wilson Bear books. Even though my kids are older, I have all of them. This was a fun read typical Karma style. The rhyming was great and if the kids are bright enough they can guess the color before you turn the page (if they're good at rhyming). I was sad that there was no purple. Well, I wasn't sad, but a young girl I read to was sad there was no pink or purple in the book. So other than that it was a lot of fun. You can do a lot of interaction with the kids while you read. Asking ...more
babyhippoface
Karma Wilson’s illustrations always adorably bring to life Bear and his woodland friends. This delightfully colorful new offering from her is just as charming as everything else she’s given us. Pre-K classes learning about colors will love spotting the small, partially hidden creatures of every color as they turn the pages. This is an absolute winner for little ones, whether it’s in a classroom full of kids or for sharing one-on-one.
Jeff Harris
Aug 09, 2015 Jeff Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The title pretty much says it all, as a bear and his animal friends wander through the forest and stumble across one color at a time, and the reader is challenged to find as many examples of objects that go with the stated color. The illustrations are particularly beautiful, and I like the way the author encourages young readers to participate. I just wish there were more colors that were included, although I'm not sure what rhymes could've been developed for orange or purple, ha-ha.
Ariel Cummins
A bit of a different Bear book from Karma Wilson, this title is light on plot and all about colors! Rhyming text offers opportunities for guessing what color will be on the next page, and the open text invites preschoolers and toddlers to spot more examples of each color.

Chapman's illustrations are adorable as ever!

This book would be a perfect addition to a color storytime for toddlers or preschoolers.
Debbie
Bear and Mouse go walking, and encounter lots of colors and lots of friends. Kids will enjoy saying the colors along with the story, and picking out the different things that are each color. But the rhymes aren't kind of forced, the illustrations are fine but nothing spectacular, and I think there are more interesting color books.
Hilary Misle
Rhyming book that explores colors. Higher level-thinking application: making predictions. Students can make predictions about what color is coming up next because of rhyming ("do" rhymes with "blue") and there is always an item with the next color on the page before you see the color, such as blue fireflies.
Melanie
I absolutely love the Bear stories by Wilson and this is no different. Bear and Mouse discover different colors along with their friends and readers. Children are encouraged to participate in the story by predicting the color coming on the next page. They are given hints in terms of rhyming words.

A great one for storytime!
Jane
Nov 15, 2014 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is a lovely book about colors. The visuals are very stunning when you turn a page and suddenly there is an explosion of color. My daughter had fun pointing out all of the things with that color on the pages. I wish there had been a bit more of a narrative feel to the book, I think what narrative there was got broken up a bit too much. But otherwise a very enjoyable book.
Cemeread
Oct 02, 2014 Cemeread rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
The illustrations and characters are what we the readers have come to expect in Wilson's bear books. As the basic colors are introduced the characters name a few things the given color, but there are still more objects of the color for readers to find. I like the wash of the color in the background. It seems to bring out the other things of the same color.
Chelsea
Jun 25, 2016 Chelsea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed how this book was organized, especially when introducing new characters and colors. I believe that this book is a great way to introduce colors, in addition to items that are the color being spoken about. This would be a wonderful book to include within a story time and to correspond with a craft of some kind.
Bmack
This is such a great book for storytime. It features colors and Karma Wilson's forest friends. It is wonderful rhyming story bringing in different color's bears sees and it also has the reader looking for more or the featured color on the page. Really cute!
Bethe
We are all big fans of Bear and the gang, this new book will be a big hit! Not all the pages rhyme as well as in the other books, but young readers should enjoy predicting the next color and naming all the extra color objects.
DeA
Nov 21, 2016 DeA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If your wanting to work on color identification, this is a book for you. I read it during a storytime and had the children tell me if they could spot the color bear was looking for. It was a blast, and they all loved it. Will be adding this book to my list of rereads.
Barbara
Sep 03, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is another lovely book by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman.
In this sweet story a lot of forest friends greet each other and find a lot of beautiful colors everywhere. Can you find the green caterpillars? How about the brown toadstools?
  • Little Green Peas: A Big Book of Colors (with audio recording)
  • Baby Bear Sees Blue
  • Hooray for Hat!
  • I Know a Wee Piggy
  • Mix It Up!
  • It's an Orange Aardvark!
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Blue Chameleon
  • Supertruck
  • Tap the Magic Tree
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • This Book Just Ate My Dog!
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl ...more
More about Karma Wilson...

Bear (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Bear Snores On
  • Bear Wants More
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • Bear's New Friend (The Bear Books)
  • Bear Feels Sick