Start by marking “Bear Sees Colors” as Want to Read:
Bear Sees Colors

Bear Sees Colors

(Bear)

Explore colors with Bear in the first of a new concept picture book series from the New York Times bestselling creators of Bear Snores On.

Colors, colors everywhere!

Can you find colors just like Bear?

Karma Wilson’s playful text and Jane Chapman’s adorable illustrations creatively introduce colors to the youngest Bear fans, who will delight in discovering a rainbow of fun.
Published September 23rd 2014 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

Start your review of Bear Sees Colors
Rossy
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Something was missing, for me... but the illustrations were adorable!
Matt
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful rhyme-based book that allowed Neo not only to read the basics, but pick up on like sounding words. As Bear wanders around and sees all the colours of the forest, Neo could recount the brief story and bask in all the bright pages of illustrations. The story is not as important as the colours or rhymes, but both made it a fun early reader experience for Mr. Neo. He has enjoyed all the BEAR stories and we continue to look for more.
Colleen
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book reads easily and is so cute! Wish it had a few more colors though - orange, purple etc!
Christine
I was a bit skeptical about how this concept book would compare to the rest of the “main” Bear books — but was pleasantly surprised! My son and I both like the counting book slightly better, but this is still a great addition to the Bear series.
Kate
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: preschool
I like Wilson's bear books as do the children with whom I've shared them. I was enjoying this one until I got to the color green. Stream does not rhyme with green. Nor does round rhyme with brown. If you're using rhymes, then use rhymes. Don't confuse children with false ones. Plus for the clues in the illustrations as to the upcoming colors.
Jess
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable in the ways Karma Wilson's Bear books always are.

The starkly white page of Bear meeting a friend followed by a page lush with color and a request for you to find blue/red/etc is lovely and successful. Sure, it's another color book, but that's OK.
Tammy
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the author of Bear Snores On, this fun book about colors is adorable. Jordy loved it!
Alistair Parker
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
forest animals see colors.like blue red yellow green and brown
Jess
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Beautiful illustrations. Bear and friends go throughout there day discovering many things that are the same colors.
Kristi
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We all loved this one. So fun finding the colors with bear!
Suzanne Kunz Williams
I love the community that Karma Wilson creates with her animals. And Jane Chapman's pictures are bright and engaging. It's a perfect book to learn colors and find pointing out different things with those colors. It's a predictive book so if you are watchful you can predict the color coming next.

* Talking points: What's your favorite color? What's your favorite food? Who are some of your favorite friends to play with?

** Essential Oil Pairing Tip: Not going on a picnic with your friends today?
A Allen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A classic colors book but this one includes Bear and all his friends! If your child or classroom loves the Bear series, this is sure to be a winner. My classroom likes the bear books but they aren't their favorite. I won't buy this book for this class, but I will read it to them as often as they want while we have it from the library. The inside cover says this book is for ages 3-7 but I certainly think older children would be bored with this book because it only covers blue, red, yellow, green, ...more
Alicia Evans
I read this in my Colors storytime this week. I liked the rhyming aspect with the object clues so readers have a chance to predict what color is coming. Readers will enjoy getting to see familiar characters while also getting to look at all the colors. I wish there would have been some more colors to go through, but this book stuck to the basics which my audience enjoyed.

For: readers looking for a book with colors; readers who love this Bear series.

Red flags: readers may find this too simple.
Chloe Price
Sep 22, 2019 added it
Shelves: poetry
This book helps children to learn their colours. It follows the journey of a bear and a mouse. Each page represents what they have found on their journey and focuses on the colour. Different pages are filled with bright colours and a request for the reader to find the certain colour e.g. ‘red, red everywhere, can you spy red with bear?’. Overall, a very cute, clever and engaging book for learning colours.
Kailey Gehres
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Genre: Fiction

Age group: 3-7 years old (preschool-2nd grade)

Unique features: I really like how this book goes through specific color of things in nature. Also, this book is interactive because it asks the kids to help bear find objects in nature that are a certain color. I really like how there is a variety of animals in this book. Lastly, I loved the illustrations because they were done with acrylic paint.
Deb
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-alena
Maybe it's because I checked out a bunch of Bear and friends books from the library, and didn't love all of them, that by the time I read this one it felt familiar, happy, and helpful. I love turning the pages and seeing the colors so beautifully illustrated. The rhymes work for me in this one. There are a lot of Bear and friends books (I think I still haven't read them all), but so far this one is my favorite of the bunch.
Jo Oehrlein
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bear and his friends walk through the forest and encounter various colors.

The illustrations alternate between fairly plain, white-background two page spreads and wildly colorful pages that originally highlight one color and then at the end mix all colors.

They encourage the reader to identify the various colors.
Lara
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great storytime read. The kids enjoyed calling out the colors they knew as Bear can across them, as well as what else in the pictures Bear was seeing. Plus it opens up discussion - "What else can be ____", "Who's wearing ____ today?" or "Can you see _____ in this room too?" That sort of thing.
And as always, can't go wrong with Bear and his friends :)
Kristina
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We enjoy using this book when we are working on colors with our children. The bear sees different colors. I enjoy using this book because it is fun and the children enjoy it. We normally have serval different books about colors.
Melissa McAlvey
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, kids
this book is great because it is simple enough for Hazel, with fun pictures she loves and fun rhymes; yet it is complicated enough to keep Norah interested since we can find all the items on the page that go with each color. I do love Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman.
Olivia Slykhuis
I like most of these Karma Wilson books. This one isn't as cute, story-wise, as some of her others, but I like the color-coded illustrations and the rhyme. I think this would be good for a "colour" storytime with little kids, who would enjoy guessing what colour comes next. 2+, but better for 3-4
Hannah
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1000-books
This is a fun book about colour. It is everywhere and it's a fun romp with bear and mouse to look at their every day world. Where do you see red, blue, yellow, green?

Get creative with this book and take your little one on an adventure to explore the great world of colours
Cecilia
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This would be a very good story time book for young kids learning colors. It gives examples of the color in question, then asks the reader (or audience) to spot a few more examples. The art style is very cute and engaging, and I feel like this book could be good in the daycare or at home!
Diana
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, storytime
Pretty, easy to read book...but those rhymes! Seriously. They just...don't. Examples:
bellows - yellow
yummy - honey
stream - green
tea - peas
I could go on, but I think you get the point.
Use this for the gorgeous introduction to colors, but don't let the kids think these are rhymes...
Savannah Atwood
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meghan Haines
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great for color themed storytimes! This book could be appropriate for babies to preschoolers easily.
Claire
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Super cute book. Bright colours and lots to look at.
Angie Quantrell
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Wonderful illustrations of Bear and his friends going on a color walk. Fun read for littles!
Bekka
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very very cute! Kids will enjoy the gentle rhymes and parents will have fun helping their child find all the colors, just like bear. A cute book that will stand up to repeated readings.
Scott Jackson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Bear books are the best! I have read them to all of my children. I hope more will follow.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• That's What Dinosaurs Do
  • Dinosaur Dance!
  • Steam Train, Dream Train
  • Goodnight, Mr. Panda
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or ...more

Bear (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Bear Snores On