Start by marking “Learning Highcharts” as Want to Read:
Learning Highcharts

Learning Highcharts

Whether you're a novice or an advanced web developer, this practical tutorial will enable you to produce stunning interactive charts using Highcharts. With a foreword by the creator, it's the only guide you'll need to get started. Overview Step-by-step instructions with real-live data to create bar charts, column charts and pie charts, to easily create artistic and profess ...more
Published October 22nd 2012 by Packt Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Learning Highcharts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning Highcharts

Start your review of Learning Highcharts
Fabio
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Even though Highchart is a well-documented product, “Learning Highcharts” (http://www.packtpub.com/learning-high...) is the very first complete guide about this topic.

Each chapter starts from a basic chart, and you can learn step-by-step how to build effective and professional-looking charts and info graphics. Some examples, like the fiat 500 speedometer, are simply awesome.
All examples are available at http://joekuan.org/ in very handy JSFiddle pages , so you can try on-line and modify them ea
Eric Farr
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Highcharts has reasonably good documentation; so, you don't need this book to jump in and start using it. I assume you are only considering this book because you prefer to be led step-by-step and to know all of the hows and whys instead of learning by trial and error. If so, this book will not disappoint.

What this book gives you that the help docs don't is a combination of explanation in words, followed by the relevant JavaScript, followed by the screen shot of the resulting chart. It follows th
Juanjo Fernandez
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As usual in the PacktPub books that I've reviewed - and there are several - it's a very practical book, with many examples which you can follow step by step and a lot of code that goes beyond the basic issues.

If you plan to use Highcharts in any of your projects, clearly will be a successful purchase, since it covers to a greater o lesser extent every aspect you can imagine related to this great library. Accordingly, it's obvious that Joe Kuan has wide experience using Highcharts in his daily wo
John Spencer
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As many of the previous reviews have posted, Highcharts has very good document and examples on their web site. I purchased this book after reading the reviews. The reviews were positive and I was looking for a book that provided me with another way to learn how to use Highcharts. This book has met and exceeded my expectations in this area. I like the fact that it explains the how and why things are done when programming Highcharts.

If you are looking for a book to help you learn how to use Highch
Motohiro
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I like that the book written step-by-step, this makes the reader really understand.
There are many graphic explanation in this book. It's easy understand for beginner.

I had used Google Chart Tools until this book was published. The book help me to using Highcahrts.
I think it is not satisfied for beginner only by the document of the Highcharts official website. Because there is not graphic illustration. It's a reference.

Dustin
Jan 07, 2016
Leon Johnson
rated it did not like it
May 07, 2014
Melissa
Apr 15, 2017
Book review 1 1 Mar 13, 2013 01:57PM

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »