Start by marking “Ready to Die (To Die, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ready to Die (To Die, #5)

Ready to Die

(To Die #5)

Nothing

His blood quickens as he stares at the photographs. Six faces, all guilty--and detectives Regan Pescoli and Selena Alvarez are at the top of his list. One by one, he'll stalk them, then he'll squeeze the trigger, savoring the way each lifeless body crumples to the reddening snow. One down already. And then there were five. . .

Can Prepare You

Sheriff Dan Grayson lies
Published July 30th 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Die, please sign up.
Laurie Adams Why do all the bad guys in this series enjoy being naked in a cold mountain cabin, do military calisthenics (also naked), are expert marksmen, wear…moreWhy do all the bad guys in this series enjoy being naked in a cold mountain cabin, do military calisthenics (also naked), are expert marksmen, wear white camo, have been abused by a female adult as a child...the list goes on...it is like a cut & paste from story to story.(less)

Linda Boyd
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is book 5 in the "to die" series. This series is one of my favorites and there is only one more to go! If Lisa Jackson does not write another Selena Alvarez/Regan Pescoli book, I will be very sad.
Julie
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Ready to Die by Lisa Jackson is a 2013 Kensington publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

When I heard Lisa Jackson was coming out with a new novel soon, I realized I had not read any of her books in quite some time. Scrolling through my TBR list I discovered I had added this book to my shelves under ‘Netgalley’ but I had never reviewed it. Sure enough, I found it on my Kindle, stored in the cloud, never read or reviewed. G
Diane
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good read and not an easy case to solve! Had me guessing who the serial was until over 3 quarters through the book - lots of red herrings tossed in the way.

Personal issues abound for Regan Pescoli, but finally she starts to take charge of her personal life. Alvarez seems to be opening up more and settling into her life which is now filling up with new people.

A main character is targetted at the first, which throws the gang into a tail spin. This book picks up where "Afraid to Die" left off whic
Janie Johnson
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
This is book 5 of Lisa Jackson's 'to die' series. Although not as good as the first 2 in the series it is still a great mystery. I look forward to reading book 6 Deserves to Die next month and finishing out the series.

In this book our serial killer is targeting people closer to home for Alvarez and Pescoli, and they need to stop the culprit before he gets even closer. Pescoli has a some surprises in store for her, and some decisions to make as well.

This is a another great mystery within a myster
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Sheriff shot, coma
Judge also found dead, same gun
Too many suspects

Loved the twist ending
Characters developing
Best read in order
Tabi34
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Highly enjoyable mystery - but it is book 5 of the Montana ready to die series so you'll want to read the previous 4 to understand the relationships although Jackson does a good job giving back story so if you're new, you can figure things out fairly easily.

In a nutshell - a judge has been assassinated, the sheriff has been critically injured and just weeks after the last homicidal maniac terrorized Grizzly Falls - there's another. The slimy undersherif has moved into the Sheriff Grayson's offi
Julie
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, netgalley
Lisa. Jackson. WHEW! Man, this book ... geez!

I have read hundreds of books in tons of different genres. One of my favorites is the mystery/suspense group. But only if a few conditions are met:

1. The hero/heroine MUST be flawed. I detest reading about some perfect person who lives in the perfect house with a perfect dog, the 2.5 perfect children, the perfect spouse who drives the perfect car with the perfect life. I want someone who has been down in the trenches, who has had bad stuff happen to
Hanny
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favorite book in Lisa Jackson "Ready to..." series. I've liked the characters, Alvarez and Pescoli in the past books, but didn't
care for the story line and I couldn't connect with the new characters introduced, Hattie and Sheriff Grayson's family. I also had a hard time following the suspects in the case, I kept forgetting who they were. I wanted to put the book down, but stuck with it because I was acquainted with the characters from the first four books.
Holly Morey
Sep 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I have enjoyed this series in the past but this was not one of my favorites. I figured out most of the plot twists before they were revealed. Several plot lines were just left hanging and not really in a good way. Lisa Jackson has been one of my favorite female authors, but I have been a little disappointed in her last few novels. To me this book was just ho-hum.
Michelle
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I have followed this author for years and have enjoyed her books. However, this one was a disappointment.
Kristīne Līcis
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
More like 1.5 stars and basically a waste of time. The plot about a new serial killer appearing few days after a previous has been caught is like a Frankenstein's creature stitched together from bits and pieces that had been used before, so you again get a villain with obligatory military training who just has to get naked before he does his push-ups.

The characters too have gone beyond ridiculous, especially in parent-children relations. Finally, the prose feels tired, and words like "haphazardl
J.D. Webb
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Well, she's done it again. A book you don't want to put down to walk the dog, to eat a meal, or to go to bed. Pescoli and Alvarez are smart, determined and dedicated women who make the sheriff's department click. Ready to Die has more twists and turns than the Montana roads they travel. And even though the temps here are in the 90s I shivered from the icy blasts of Mountain weather and the chilling scenes in the book. Don't miss it.
Caroline
I give this book a 2.75 rating. It is hard to explain why, but all the time spent on the romantic interests, families, etc of the main characters got on my nerves. The soap opera format took a lot more space than the murder. I am guessing that if I had read some of the earlier books in this series first, I might have a different opinion. I just purchased an earlier book so will keep an open mind and may come back and rerate this one later.
Harriet
An ok book. I skimmed parts of the book. This was not one of her best.
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
I really felt that any mystery, or suspense was overshadowed by all of the family drama. I also didn't feel like there was much suspense in this book.
Lucie Cedille
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roman-noir
Au fin fonds du Nord des États-Unis le shérif d’une petite ville se fait tirer dessus par un tuer sournois, mais reste dans le coma. Deux femmes inspectrices de la police locale mènent l’enquête de front et tentent d’élucider les énigmes connectées à des histoires liées à des familles de la région. Elles essaient de garder un minimum d’équilibre dans leurs vies privées et affectives avec leur travail captivant.
Lisa Jackson prend du temps pour bien décrire chaque protagoniste, on vit avec eux et
Anthony
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are just starting the Lisa Jackson “to Die” series I encourage you to read the books in order. This is the fifth book in the series.
The backstory of Regan and her partner progresses with each book and a series of flashbacks and memories set the pace for the present and future adventures.

One again it is a Christmas time in Grizzly Falls Montana and yet another serial killer is disrupting the holiday spirit. This time a direct attack on the legal system and its members throws everything in
Alf Goodall
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I came across this novel lying about the house as I was looking for something to read very early in the morning when sleep eluded me. I am not familiar with this series or other works by Lisa Jackson. Among other things this book is tagged as being a Romantic Suspense which pretty much sums it up. I did enjoy the mystery and in particular the twist at the end. Like most series it would have helped to start with the first book and work forward, however, Lisa does a good job of making the reader a ...more
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another serial killer has come to grizzly falls. This one has shot the sheriff.

As pescoli and Alvarez scramble to find out who the killer is. Brewster steps in as acting sheriff.

I really liked this book. It expanded more on Hattie, though I am not sure about her and her choices but, I did like learning more about her. Even Jeremy and Bianca got some page time as well, along with others.

I know Santana gave pescoli and ultimatum and I was not surprised by her decision though I was a bit surpris
Ginny
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas is not a good time around Grizzly Falls. This time sheriff Dan Grayson is ambushed at his home on Christmas Morning. Pescoli and Alvarez are on the case. Story moves quickly, and there is a side story about the sheriff's brothers concerning the youngest brother's wife Hattie and her twin daughters. The main story pits Cort Brewster the undersheriff agains Pescoli again, with their history concerning their children.
Donna Schmidt
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa Jackson has a way with these characters! You never quite know if good is good and who is truly bad. I loved the twists and turns. Quite a few characters to keep straight but I need to start the next in this series!
Lori
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
six people died in a cover up...set up by the acting sheriff who killed a judge and the head sheriff....Pescoli found him and killed him and has a big surprise at the end if the book. while solving said murder, she gets engaged...
all in a day's work for a police officer 😉
Sarah Butland
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me a while to get into this book as there were too many characters and fine, unnecessary details throughout. Overall I liked the mystery and was somewhat surprised at the end but if this was my first book of hers it may have had to be the last.
Janet
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as the other To Die books, but I enjoyed the development of the characters. Someone is shooting people in Grizzly Falls, MT. The sheriff is one of them and he lays in a coma while Pescoli and Alvarez uncover who is behind these murders.
Susan Beamon
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got to say, this one surprised me and that doesn't happen to often. I did not see the actual villain until the detective went back over the evidence. That makes this book a very good read for me. It is part of a series and I will be reading other books in the series as I can.
Sue
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Much better read, not so discombobulated at the end as normal, enjoyed this and it was hard to put it down.
Abby Nancarrow grimshaw
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was an easy read. Can't wait to read the next one!
lorna major
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love
Andrew Carter
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This whole series is great. Am on a roll to read the remaining ones I have not read.
Play Book Tag: Ready to Die by Lisa Jackson (yes, a thriller) 6 21 Sep 08, 2016 04:36AM
  • Enchantress (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • Stranded (Maggie O'Dell, #11)
  • Cold Snap (Lucy Kincaid, #7)
  • Hostage (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #14)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • Drawn in Blood (Burbank & Parker, #2)
  • Hunting Eve (Eve Duncan, #17)
  • Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (Deadly Games, #3)
  • Nowhere to Run (Nowhere, #1)
  • The 1st Victim (Kovac and Liska, #3.5)
  • Justice for Sara
  • Sleight of Hand (Dana Cutler, #4)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

To Die (8 books)
  • Left To Die (To Die, #1)
  • Chosen To Die (To Die, #2)
  • Born To Die (To Die, #3)
  • Afraid To Die (To Die, #4)
  • Deserves To Die (To Die, #6)
  • Expecting to Die (To Die, #7)
  • Willing to Die (To Die #8)
“I was just trying to give you the teen-male perspective."

"Which is?"

"If it moves, screw it.”
14 likes
Weaponry, trips to the sun country, tiny bathing suits, For Christmas. "Nothing says Peace on Earth like guns and string bikinis.” 6 likes