Start by marking “Anything Is Possible” as Want to Read:
Anything Is Possible

Anything Is Possible

The sheep in this story is a dreamer, while her friend the wolf has a more practical disposition. One day the sheep runs to the wolf with an idea. She wants to build a flying machine! But the wolf tells her it's impossible. Eventually, however, the sheep's dream gets the better of the wolf's doubts, and they begin to work on the project together. Through perseverance and ...more
Published August 13th 2013 by Owlkids Books (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Anything Is Possible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anything Is Possible

Start your review of Anything Is Possible
Carole P. Roman
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Lovely book about perseverance and teamwork. Two unlikely animals team up to see if they can create a flying machine. Beautiful illustrations take the reader on a journey as they work out Galileo-like formulas to make the possibility of flight a reality. "Someone once wrote that only those who dream learn to fly". A wonderful way to teach children that what may start out as a dream, with hard work and ingenuity the sky is the limit!
Julie
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
A joyful book about the collaborative effort of two unlikely friends who persevere in achieving their dream to fly.
Amy
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I appreciate the book's example of "When at first you don't succeed, try, try again." This, of course, is a valuable lesson for all of us to take note of. But there is a lot more to this story that could have been told. It seems a little unfinished to me. And I think my students with be left with the same feeling.
KC
Wolf and sheep work together to build a flying machine. Lovely illustrations.
Julian
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good story of teamwork, unlikely friendships, leadership, perseverance and, above all, dreaming.

There's a sheep that dreams with flying, so she goes to her best friend, a wolf, and presents her dream. The wolf tends to be on the negative side, but follows the sheep's lead. They work hard on their project and face multiple failures. At the end, they do manage to make it work.

We used the story to discuss giving up and friends supporting each other. There are also some cool drawings of diagrams
Stephanie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short book with a good message about perseverance.
Jill
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The story begins with a sheep gazing at some birds flying overhead, wishing she could fly too. She ran to her friend, the wolf, and told him how she wanted to build a flying machine. He discouraged her, but eventually her dreams got the better of him, and they began to work together to build the machine. They made designs and built it using fabric. They took it for a test run, but the fabric ripped, sending them crashing down. The next time sheep got balloons, but upon trying a second trip, the ...more
Kalynda
This book was recommended to me by a dear friend, who is also a professor--and quite knowledgeable on the topic of all things good! :-) I picked up a copy of this great story from the library today, and I was thrilled that once again, she was spot-on with her opinion. This story is a great parallel of the problem-solving process...any kind of problem-solving. The book highlights one that comes from a inquisitive mind, a wondering, and a partner, as they try draft after draft of the sheep's quest ...more
Maria Shuffit
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: owen-s-books
Not a fan of this book. The storyline is that there is a sheep who wants to fly and so she does, along with her friend who for some reason is a wolf. They run into some problems with their attempts but then suddenly something or other works - not much in the way of explanation or a tale of just how they overcame the problems they were having. There just didn't seem to be much flow, plot, or charm to this book, unfortunately.
Lacey
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-lit
A determined sheep with a dream and a not so sure wolf try to build a flying machine. When ideas don't work they have to work together to come up with new solutions. Can they make anything possible?

This story has a good meaning to hard work and not giving up.

This book would be great to read in the classroom.
Melanie
Sheep yearns to fly like the birds. He wrangles Wolf into his plans and they try several ideas before they find one that works and they are able to fly.

Didn't make a lot of sense. But maybe the problem is in the translation. Book was originally published in Italian.
Marlene
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Does your child give up easily? Are they afraid to try something difficult? Sheep and Wolf will help them understand that failure is simple the first step to success as they attempt to build a flying machine.
Kelly Fisher
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting story. I feel as there is never enough of those story’s . I think it would be a great story to read in a Monday morning.
R. G. Nairam
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The ending is a bit unsatisfying. But I really like the art and tone. D:
Sarah Netland
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love the art in this book. It was a huge part of the story and it is what drew me in. The story was lovely and it really offered encouragement. Great book for kids!
Sarah Wiwchar
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good basic mindset book! Read with PreK.
Eileen
Story of ingenuity,perseverance, and teamwork.
Rita Salfetnikova
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Picture Book/ Fantasy
Copyright 2013
This book is about a sheep that wants to learn how to fly. Convincing the wolf they build a "flying machine" together and take to the sky. This books main idea is that anything is possible if you believe and try. I would allow students to read this book during silent reading time. Grades k-3.
Barbara
Sheep dreams of flying one day while her friend Wolf is more practical and pragmatic. But Sheep convinces Wolf to help her design a flying machine, and they get right to work. Their first attempt, fashioned from fabric and curtain rods, is a disaster, and they fall from the sky. But Sheep isn't finished, and they try balloons, and then an innovative design using all their ideas plus a couple more touches. Finally, they are flying, and as the last page of the book says, "The sky before them was ...more
Eva Kelly
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
You know what? This one is really ELABORATE! The wolf and the sheep want to fly, and all the other animals keep trying to ruin it, but then they figure it out anyway and they fly! They should just try hang gliding. If you took a big kite up to the top of Moss Glen Falls you could fly. And then you could land in the water! That should be the NEXT book.
Shelli
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Another reviewer already posted my exact thoughts on Anything is Possible. Which is: while I appreciated the moral of the story, if at first you don’t succeed try try again, the story felt incomplete and rushed. My daughter and I both kind of shrugged our shoulders when we finished reading it.
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
A wolf and a sheep decide that they, like the birds, would like to fly. They try several designs before they finally take off. I loved the charming animal illustrations and the message to try, try again. The flying machine is obviously impossible and the end of the book felt incomplete or rushed.
Whole And
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sheep has a dream, wolf doesn't believe but they begin to build and succeed!
An excellent story for learning how to imagine, believe anything is possible and begin to build the dream. Encouraging for the dreamy child who may feel others aren't on board to believe in themselves. Also helpful for the child that may not be in touch with their imagination and takes a doubtful position in life.
Jo Oehrlein
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shows an invention from idea to working, with several failures along the way. Unfortunately, most iterations are pretty different than prior versions rather than the normal incremental improvements.

Lots of math equations on the end papers and some in the illustrations themselves.

Really advocates persistence more than any real engineering methodology.
Marcia
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Sheep and wolf set out to build a flying machine, and suffer a couple of set backs before succeeding. The message is load and clear: persevere! don't give up! work together!
The illustrations use multi-media collage, which does set this simple story apart, and the end papers are fantastic. Who knew math could be so pretty!
Kristina Jean Lareau
A short and simple story where third try's the charm. But the ample use of white space with the collaged paper cut-outs transforms this simple story into one of more depth. The use of mathematical formulas as illustration complements the text and lets this story feel deeper than it actually is.
Linda
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Simply and sparsely told, this is the story of a sheep and a wolf who work together to build a paper flying machine. My favorite line is: "but eventually the sheep's dream got the better of the wolf's doubts, and they started working on the machine together."
Ms Carr
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
We chose this as our theme for our school year after reading this book. My class loved it. The illustrations are fantastic! We liked it so much that we sent it to other classes so they could read it too!
Kate
I like that this book involves a friendship between a sheep and wolf, usually mortal storybook enemies. They work together to build a flying machine, and when their first plan doesn't work, they modify it until it does. Smart animals! The illustrations are really cute too.
Rosa
Nov 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Wolf and sheep try to find a way to fly. Made me smile.

• No, David!
  • Blueberry Girl
  • The Gingerbread Girl
  • Spencer's New Pet
  • Before She Was Harriet
  • Quiet Please, Owen McPhee!
  • We Don't Eat Our Classmates
  • Grow Up, David!
  • Just for You (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • If I Built a House